I second Princessjoules, love love love her videos :love2:

Candy Yum - Yum
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Underated Youtubers?

Post by Candy Yum - Yum »

Mayhemisphere wrote:I second Stephanie Nicole. Her take on Lime Crime was at least intelligent and well thought-out, as opposed to the scare-bait route most of the "big" YouTubers jumped on.
Same here, I was going to say Stephanie Nicole too. She gives you a lot of detailed information and does close ups in not overly filtered lighting where you can't see anything like some other gurus. I like her personality too.

TheCherHorowitz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TheCherHorowitz »

I'm torn because I wanna say Danielle Rae but I also think she created her channel just to be YouTube famous. She comes off dumb (she can not pronounce anything correctly) and she doesn't do much of anything with drugstore brands but I find myself still watching.

I really like Julie Dawn Olsen though! She gives great reviews and is in depth in her tutorials. Definitely check her out.

Iwantthetea
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Iwantthetea »

Lamadelynn ! shes so sweet. and that production value tho.

amalthea22
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by amalthea22 »

Easy Neon: For actually interesting makeup looks and nice editing
Emma Pickles: Creative and beautiful
SMLXO: She also has a lot of subscribers, but I think she should be over a million, considering how long she has been on youtube. She always seems genuine and has never changed her personality.

ohyourejoking
Informer
Informer

Post by ohyourejoking »

Jamie Genevieve has to be one of my favorites, although she doesn't upload much anymore. I think her looks are super simple to re-create and she comes out with different looks each time.

lurkeralert
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lurkeralert »

I like nazanin kahari

some1hing
Learner
Learner

Post by some1hing »

TheCherHorowitz wrote:I'm torn because I wanna say Danielle Rae but I also think she created her channel just to be YouTube famous. She comes off dumb (she can not pronounce anything correctly) and she doesn't do much of anything with drugstore brands but I find myself still watching.

I searched board for a thread about her, this is the only post I found.

So, she just just got a La Mer powder in a swap
*pronounce it wrong*
*stares at it confused*, *tries to guess what is it*
*remembers Jaclyn Hill talked about it*, *starts saying over and over I heard about this brand before* but you can clearly see she has no clue what is it

then in the comments to the people who kept saying that that powder was the biggest shocker of the swap, she writes
" lol I had only heard of it once before the swap"

Once!
I just cant even ....

roman_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by roman_ »

For me it's Sona, she could be more popular

New York Gal
Talker
Talker

Post by New York Gal »

Mrs Meldrum. I think She's an awesome Mom

New York Gal
Talker
Talker

Post by New York Gal »

Fun for Louis.
Miss Budget Beauty

some1hing
Learner
Learner

Post by some1hing »

I keep getting back to Cotton Tolly since that swap video she did with Danielle Rae, so I'm gonna say Cotton Tolly. She has just 2,229 subscribers but there is something about her...

Pro: shes different than your average beauty guru, her personality is kinda bubbly and she seams like a fun person to be around.

Con: biggest con at least for me is the way she whispers sometimes, I guess it is just a way she talks but I personally hate whispering and the way she whispers it is almost like a ASMR video (I'm sure she would be great if she starts doing ASMR whispering videos).
Her makeup skills (considering she is a makeup artists) are umm I would describe it as "otiside-of-the-box" kinda way, but she seams fun.

grar
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by grar »

nikki blackketter

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Hmm I don't think she's underating cause she has 200'000 subscribers but I rally like sammy robinson. And also itslaurendotcom

Elle10
Learner
Learner

Post by Elle10 »

I literally just discovered a girl a couple of weeks ago who absolutely cracks me up!! Her reactions are priceless as she gets so excited! And she has a cool accent - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73X-Jhc80kI That video cracked me up

loved this video too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9J5HKsfiy8

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

It's funny to look at the beginning of this thread and reference who made it to the trash section.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

I've got a few to pitch in!

Thanias Beauty posts pretty consistently and is super glam. I like that she actually does a LOT of makeup videos when compared to the everyday beauty guru.

Cailli York has fucked up eyebrows, but she also posts a lot of tutorials and most of them are way outside the norm, but still wearable
https://www.youtube.com/user/sparklefairy100

thescienceofchic has really sporadic posting, needs to update her filming/editing and isn't the prettiest person ever but she's really laid back and her makeup style is too which is a nice break from all the full daytime glam girls who are everywhere on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheScienceOfChic

tryburch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tryburch »

IAmNotAGuest wrote:I've got a few to pitch in!

Thanias Beauty posts pretty consistently and is super glam. I like that she actually does a LOT of makeup videos when compared to the everyday beauty guru.

Cailli York has fucked up eyebrows, but she also posts a lot of tutorials and most of them are way outside the norm, but still wearable

thescienceofchic has really sporadic posting, needs to update her filming/editing and isn't the prettiest person ever but she's really laid back and her makeup style is too which is a nice break from all the full daytime glam girls who are everywhere on youtube
you know the saying not taking advice from anyone with bad brows. I just checked York then immediately left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

mshighfemme wrote:
IAmNotAGuest wrote:I've got a few to pitch in!

you know the saying not taking advice from anyone with bad brows. I just checked York then immediately left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To each their own. I just like how different she is from everyone. She's at least trying to be creative.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”