Rejected by a Friend

UglyStick
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rejected by a Friend

Post by UglyStick »

There is this guy that I knew when I was living in England. At the time, he introduced himself to me because we went to the same places, and seemed friendly at a time when I was shy and unfamiliar. Later we didn't talk much but I always remembered him as a really nice and polite person and regretted not getting to know him better because I thought he would have made a great friend.

Recently I decided to try to look for him; it took a lot of effort but I managed. He said he didn't have a phone (which I believed because I remember he didn't have a phone before, but it's likely he has one now since he was working recently) and that he would get back to the guy whose phone I called to talk to him, with his e-mail the next day, but I never heard from him. I feel like he didn't want to be my friend. It makes me feel bad about myself that he doesn't want to be friends with me.

Thoughts?

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Rejected by a Friend

Post by BellaJane »

I think you probably need to talk to a professional if one random stranger not calling you back upsets you this much.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

A lot of things could have happened for him to not get in contact, maybe he hasn't got around to it yet, maybe the friend deleted your number, etc. But you made the initial effort, you have to let it go now. If he wants to find you he will.

UglyStick
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by UglyStick »

You're right that I have to let it go now. I had been thinking about this person for 1.5 years and I guess I'm both disappointed and feel bad about myself.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I do think you need to not take things like this to heart. The chances are that this will happen many times in your life and most times it will be nothing to do with you, but because the person has other things going on in their life. I also have a theory that people come in and out of our lives for a reason. Some people will be friends for life and others we may only know a short time, but they still teach us something.

Return to “Friends”