annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

Hilary Clinton
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

Post by Hilary Clinton »

When beauty gurus only do tutorials using high-end hard to get crap..like,not everyone is as privileged as you hunny boo... :roll:

"THIS WAS LIKE,SUCH A STEAL GUYS !!! IT LIKE WAS LIKE ONLY LIKE 500$ FOR THIS PALETTE WITH LIKE 2 W H O L E DIFFRANT COLORS!! LIKE I LOOOVEE IT!!! LIKE I'M SOOOO OBSESSED WITH IT!! *it isn't even open* LIKE IT'S MY FAVORITE PRODUCT OF ALL LIKE TIME! I USE IT ALL THE LIKE TIME #FAV *continues to read off of script given to them by sponsoring companies* SOOO LYKE OBSESSSSSEEEEDD!!!!

The resemblance is uncanny.
:tu:

_

oh..and FYI I actually...highly dislike Hilary Clinton. #yep

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Hilary Clinton wrote:When beauty gurus only do tutorials using high-end hard to get crap..like,not everyone is as privileged as you hunny boo... :roll:

"THIS WAS LIKE,SUCH A STEAL GUYS !!! IT LIKE WAS LIKE ONLY LIKE 500$ FOR THIS PALETTE WITH LIKE 2 W H O L E DIFFRANT COLORS!! LIKE I LOOOVEE IT!!! LIKE I'M SOOOO OBSESSED WITH IT!! *it isn't even open* LIKE IT'S MY FAVORITE PRODUCT OF ALL LIKE TIME! I USE IT ALL THE LIKE TIME #FAV *continues to read off of script given to them by sponsoring companies* SOOO LYKE OBSESSSSSEEEEDD!!!!
This reminds me of when gurus were trying to justify the price of the Natasha Denona palettes. ''no but if you break it down...'' like no. If you break it down you're paying 8.5 dollars per shadow which is much more than normal prices per shadow in HE palettes. Who cares if they're huge pans, your hoarding ass is not going to hit pan on any of those 28 lid shades anyway.

kolour K
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kolour K »

Their abuse to the word "obsessed". "I'm super super obsessed to this product right now" and then that's the last time they will be mentioning that product.

seeschanelskies
Talker
Talker

Post by seeschanelskies »

This is a minor thing, but the new(ish?) trend of FULL CAPITAL LETTER TITLES really bothers me. It doesn't make me want to click onto your video. It's harsh and off putting. Get that outta here.

DoneAndOne
Learner
Learner

Post by DoneAndOne »

I haven't read every page of this yet, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the whole highlighting/concealing your under eye area with a too light concealer? Most of them don't have dark circles to begin with, and even if they do, they end up highlighting so much of their face they just look like they picked a bad shade of foundation.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

DoneAndOne wrote:I haven't read every page of this yet, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the whole highlighting/concealing your under eye area with a too light concealer? Most of them don't have dark circles to begin with, and even if they do, they end up highlighting so much of their face they just look like they picked a bad shade of foundation.
If I wear concealer that is lighter than my skin tone even by a little bit, it shows the darkness of my undereyes clearly. I don't know how they get away with it, my best guess is it's because they already put on two layers of full coverage foundation under it. But it does look like it's too light for you if you make that triangle thing or whatever, even looks straight up ashy on some. And it's not fixed by blending enough with the damn pink sponge.

emmecheer
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by emmecheer »

I don't know if this has been said already but what is up with gurus camera exposure being all the way up? Its letting way too much light in and making everything look SO BRIGHT. It also makes the colors in makeup look off and I used to not be bothered by it but now its getting to me. Meghan Rienks is one of these gurus who's camera quality is over exposed and honestly I can't watch her anymore because of it.

emmecheer
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by emmecheer »

I don't know if this has been said already but what is up with gurus camera exposure being all the way up? Its letting way too much light in and making everything look SO BRIGHT. It also makes the colors in makeup look off and I used to not be bothered by it but now its getting to me. Meghan Rienks is one of these gurus who's camera quality is over exposed and honestly I can't watch her anymore because of it.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

when they only place the highlight on the tip of their nose.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

When they comment on how casual they look because they're wearing a hoodie but their hair and makeup is done. Putting on a full face of make up and curling you hair doesn't look casual even if you put a hoodie on lol.
BOO

mhysa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mhysa »

just acting over-the-top as fuck in general is what bothers me. hyperactive mannerisms and ridiculous hyperbole, the whole thing. and when they communicate almost exclusively in tired slang/social media phrases. what human being talks like that all the time? it's both embarrassing and super boring. i just finished watching some of nikkietutorial's videos for the first time (recent ones) and she did that a lot, to give you an idea of what i mean.

also (this actually applies to youtube personalities in general) when they start a vlog or any video and immediately apologize for the fact that they "look like crap right now" or something along those lines. willam belli pointed this out in one of his beatdown videos - why? you chose to start filming a video looking like this. you could have freshened up before you turned on the camera. you're in control.

callmeveebee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: annoying things gurus do

Post by callmeveebee »

Angie V wrote:when they like something and immediately say they're 'obsessed' with it
calm the fuck down
Ha! YES! This.

What is it with everyone using the word OBSESSED nowadays?
-callmeveebee ;)

Everlong03
Learner
Learner

Post by Everlong03 »

I know this was mentioned in posts from 2014, but I have noticed it so much more since then. I HATE when at the start or very end of the video the Youtuber will act like they're a damn model and smile, close their eyes, glance to the side, take a piece of hair that is not even in their face and push it aside to show the dramatic masterpiece they created. I get uncomfortable watching and it feels way too long. Okay! You did another smoky eye, awesome! It's embarrassing and I don't know how they don't feel that way when they edit it. Makeupbyalli does this a lot! It just screams 'I know I'm gorgeous', you're jealous'.

The other thing I hate is when they swatch something and hold it to the camera and say, "I don't know if you can see that but..." and they try to angle their hand awkwardly for like 2 minutes. NO! We can't see the subtle highlight. Stop!
"On Twitter we get excited if someone follows us. In real life we get really scared and run away". --Unknown

BerryStrawberry
Talker
Talker

Post by BerryStrawberry »

I haven't read through the entire topic, so forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse here, bit it always annoys me in the routine videos how there is inevitably a moment they'll start dancing (painfully awkwardly) and in the voiceover go "Oh there's me doing my little dance... No biggie, just movin' it!" in this incredibly self-satisfied, amused voice and I just... Why, why, why?

seeschanelskies
Talker
Talker

Post by seeschanelskies »

BerryStrawberry wrote:I haven't read through the entire topic, so forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse here, bit it always annoys me in the routine videos how there is inevitably a moment they'll start dancing (painfully awkwardly) and in the voiceover go "Oh there's me doing my little dance... No biggie, just movin' it!" in this incredibly self-satisfied, amused voice and I just... Why, why, why?
I agree! Or when "gurus" do something "weird" or "quirky" and say in their voiceover, "I don't know why I did that." If you don't know why you did something, then it probably has no use in the video.

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

Few things make my blood boil more than the phrase "I don't you if you can see that"
THEN GO FIND OUT I WE CAN SEE THAT, you're the one filming and editing this, jfc

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

catbutts
Informer
Informer

Post by catbutts »

Ditto on the "obsessed" thing and the capital letters.

Also when they put their name in their video title. For example "Another Fucking Foundation Routine | Becky Smith" Your name is already there! It tells us who uploaded it right below the title!

Another thing that annoys me is when they say how busy and packed their schedule is. This really goes for any Youtuber. Yeah, we are all busy. You're not a special snowflake.

Chiltepin

Post by Chiltepin »

It feels like every guru uses the same stupid Kevin Macleod songs, "Carefree" and "Life of Riley". I hear them and I instantly lose any desire to watch the video. Seriously every Youtuber just Googles that guy and he's become the unofficial sound track to Youtube. I'd love it if gurus (and basically everyone else) would just get creative and GASP pick music by someone else! Like don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the composer, but I wish he'd ban Youtubers from using his music or something. Or that they'd all stop being so damn predictable by picking the same damn song. I don't know if it's on purpose or on accident, but it really bothers me.

Zoo61
Learner
Learner

Post by Zoo61 »

not really related to gurus but i am noticing a trend of youtubers using stupid over-reaction type faces for their thumbnails.

i noticed that it used to just be bunny aka grav3yardgirl who did this but now everyone is doing it.

today i logged into youtube and saw this on my front page.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Zoo61 wrote:not really related to gurus but i am noticing a trend of youtubers using stupid over-reaction type faces for their thumbnails.

i noticed that it used to just be bunny aka grav3yardgirl who did this but now everyone is doing it.

today i logged into youtube and saw this on my front page.

eughhh this and the goddamn emojis they put in the thumbnails.. cannot stand it.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”