Vintageortacky

KimiSoYeah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by KimiSoYeah »

Someone in the comments says she has the "perfect hourglass shape". What the fuckity-fuck???
ImageImageImage

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

I'm sick of hearing girls saying they're curvy! No honey. You're not curvy. You're fat!

Curvy:

Fat:

She doesn't even have a freaking waist!

grassroots
Informer
Informer

Post by grassroots »

OrganicTaquito wrote:I'm sick of hearing girls saying they're curvy! No honey. You're not curvy. You're fat!

Curvy:

Fat:

She doesn't even have a freaking waist!
Thank you! Idgaf that she's fat tbh, and you CAN be curvy and fat. But... Cora's not. If she was a size 6 she'd probably have a very rectangular frame. She's just fat, can she please stop saying curvy and just go back to dressing what she thinks is cute so I can continue ignoring those videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrangPak
Informer
Informer

Post by TrangPak »

I honestly think Cora needs to start working on getting healthier. Didn't she have a sponsored video for a health company or something? Yeah...only do something if you're getting paid for it. She is unhealthy and needs to be proactive.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

RoseHammer wrote: A lot of gurus are definitely stuck in the early 2000's, when pink cut creases were actually in. Cora also insists on having that ugly BOTF era manic panic pink skunk hair ( which looks atrocious with her green dresses ) The whole edgy scene look is so over. It died out as quickly as it showed up.

Another dated culprit is Marlena from makeupgeek. Her latest shadows are icy blue/ purple duochromes that are fit for Christina Aguilera, circa "Dirrty"
Yep they all are so out of style. Makeup now is not as severe even when its bold. Yes you don't get teh WOW you're wearing 70000 colors on your eyes but it is much more on trend than what they're doing. MakeupGeek is the worst. She also describes herself as "curvy" when she's nothing but a half hacked off plastic surgery victim with 300 lb. legs.

I understand body acceptance but even being on the "curvy" side at a size 10 I know that not everthing looks good on me. Acting like you can wear everything just because you're so fat and fabulous and have so much confidence is ridiculous.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I'm all for being confident with yourself and I can respect that she is, I really can. But for crying out loud, she just lost her mother to a heart related issue, right? I lost my mom to heart disease when she was only 47. She wasn't overweight in any way, shape, or form. People can think weight doesn't attribute to health issues all they want, that's a load of crap. You can't tell me being 300lbs+ is healthy and that her doctor isn't telling her she should start doing something to at least shed a FEW pounds. It would suck to see her have a heart attack at 35 because she didn't try to eat a little better.

KimiSoYeah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KimiSoYeah »

Unfortunately, in this current culture of "skinny shaming" and celebrating/normalizing obesity, the chances of Cora dying young are astronomical, unless she makes changes fast.
ImageImageImage

TrangPak
Informer
Informer

Post by TrangPak »

The fact that she carries most of her weight in her torso is also concerning. It is super unhealthy to have alot of visceral fat around the area. Especially for women.

grav3yardtrash
Informer
Informer

Post by grav3yardtrash »

[video][/video]
If she already owns certain shades of these products, why not just swatch the ones she already owns? She opened up and used those new ones but then says she's going to give them away.
:FU:

grav3yardtrash
Informer
Informer

Post by grav3yardtrash »

Her new video (swatching the Too Faced holiday kits) she acts like she's about to cry or something.
:FU:

teabow
Informer
Informer

Post by teabow »

I can't get over how often she emphasised that she was going to give some of the products to her friends. She mentioned that she was going to give the lipsticks to her friends after she'd swatched it on her lips and the blushes after she'd run her fingers all over it.

I'm sorry, but that absolutely repulses me. Friend or not, I don't want to be using a lipstick that my friend has put all over her lips or a blush she's put her fingers through. Sanitised or not, thats kind of gross. If you know you're not going to like a lip colour,swatch it on the back of your hand! Use a brush to swatch blush colours because we don't apply blush by digging our fingers into it.

This whole video just grossed me out.

And again with the cake face around the nostrils when she did the close up of one of the colours.

Get your shit together, Cora!

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

I think she must be drunk in the last video! Her hair is super greasy, her eyes are very very waterly and shiny not like that from crying. She rambles repetes herself and talks shit that does not make sence. And her coordination is totaly out of place....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

I think she must be drunk in the last video! Her hair is super greasy, her eyes are very very waterly and shiny not like that from crying. She rambles repetes herself and talks shit that does not make sence. And her coordination is totaly out of place....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laurenr
Talker
Talker

Post by laurenr »

Man I used to love Cora. She was the first YouTube guru I watched, along with Michelle Phan back in the day. She was great at teaching & really seemed to love what she did. Now I just feel like her content is SO stagnant. As others have said, she's stuck in the pink cut-crease 2006 days. Honestly, I cringed when I saw the thumbnail for that Jem look.

Totally agree that it was tactless & just plain gross for her to spend a bunch of $$ while asking for donations...that was actually the way I found this thread! Really rubbed me the wrong way. Other than that, I have 2 current main annoyances w/ her:

1) I freaking hate how she made multiple vids about changing her hair, & now she's back to the same old stupid pink she always had. Like, are you dumb? Why put your hair through the process of lifting the pink just to ultimately end up back at pink? Not to mention its SOOOO dated....I actually liked it so much more when she first had her hair done that light orange color- probably bc I was just so relieved to not be staring at pink anymore.

2) Her whole new lookbook/fashion vids........just no. I'm so damn sick of hearing her shill Gwynnie Bee. Ok we get it, you're on their payroll. Honestly the packages on the site are very expensive, IMO. Of course, Cora probably gets hers for free for mentioning them her every waking breath. Also, I agree with everyone here who says seeing her stuff herself into bodycon/form fitting dresses is cringeworthy. I feel like Cora takes everything as a challenge when it comes to dressing herself- like she thinks dressing in an unflattering way is thumbing her nose at everyone who says she looks bad. Really, she's only hurting herself. No one is saying that people can't wear whatever they want. But I don't know anyone who thinks a 300+ lb. woman looks genuinely good in a tight dress that accentuates her huge stomach. I get that she doesn't care what people think & "dresses for herself", Cora there's no way you can tell me that when you stuff yourself into these sausage casings that you're comfortable. No one cares that you think you're being a rebel by dressing badly for your shape- everyone is rolling their eyes.

Tbh, she would have a much more interesting channel if she would do fashion reviews on FLATTERING styles that helped to downplay her problem areas. Trying to minimize your huge gut doesn't mean you're ashamed of yourself, Cora....to me it means you respect yourself enough to want to look your best. I always appreciate a plus sized woman's well put together outfit much more than an average sized woman, bc I know how much harder it is to dress a larger frame in a flattering way. The sooner Cora stops trying to prove something to everyone, the better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah something was off about her in this video, that's for sure. Her hair looked like crap and she usually has it done when she films lol. I am surprised that she had so many negative things to say towards those Too Faced things seeing as how they were sent to her for free. Yet she raved about that damn Jem palette in more than one video :rofl:

In other news, we almost need a second thread for her!

Madbrows
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Madbrows »

LiddlePallid wrote:Yeah something was off about her in this video, that's for sure. Her hair looked like crap and she usually has it done when she films lol. I am surprised that she had so many negative things to say towards those Too Faced things seeing as how they were sent to her for free. Yet she raved about that damn Jem palette in more than one video :rofl:

In other news, we almost need a second thread for her!
I think the Jem pallet had so much nostalgic value that it clouded her judgement on it. That's what it seemed to me, anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Temptalia gave that palette a C-
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

I don't get it. She claims she's such a germaphobe and she's sticking her big ol' fingers in blushes she knows she isn't going to keep. Same with the lipsticks. I hope she sanitizes everything she passes along.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

embee
Learner
Learner

Post by embee »

Her hair looks like it's thinning in that last video (maybe it was just second-or-third-day hair?). According to her instagram, she's dyed it all a copper-y color. We'll see how long that lasts...girl can't stay away from her pink hair dye for long.

She said this was a "low-key" video but she seemed...off? It was a very strange video, I'm not sure why she decided to upload it, honestly.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

She says her new hair looks "hella blonde." Um, no. It's the same washed out ugly coppery color she had before. It may work on some people but it looks awful on her. Either go back to pink or dye it brown and stop fucking with it.

Return to “U-Z”