BeautyCrush part 4

bluebanana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BeautyCrush part 4

Post by bluebanana »

Can someone give me a rough description of what gleam is and how it benefits youtubers?

ILovegg
Debater
Debater

Post by ILovegg »

bluebanana wrote:Can someone give me a rough description of what gleam is and how it benefits youtubers?
It's a management agency with the "top" youtubers, they work with dailymix (YouTube channel) and get youtubers sponsorships, products to review and I guess their foot in the door for further projects

travis17
Informer
Informer

Post by travis17 »

Yeah never thought she's really pretty either. It's the eyes that are her best feature (shape and color) which she can only make work with her lighting and angles and whatnot. But other than that she is quite plain in whole body + face view...definitely not someone you'd do a double take on in the street.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

Actually without makeup her eyes look kind of round and beady especially in her older lookbooks when she'd do a long shot.
She really isn't anything special its the idea of her: light eyes, tan skin etc.

canachi
Informer
Informer

Post by canachi »

I always thought Sam was really pretty in her beauty videos but seeing her next to Esteé, WOW I never realised how average she actually is. That might just be because I tend to prefer pale skin and dark hair over light hair or tanned skin though, but she definitely knows how to work lighting and camera angles to her advantage.

I also think it didn't help that she had a lot of red/pink going on in that vid, those colours aren't flattering on her at all.

peekapie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peekapie »

canachi wrote:I always thought Sam was really pretty in her beauty videos but seeing her next to Esteé, WOW I never realised how average she actually is. That might just be because I tend to prefer pale skin and dark hair over light hair or tanned skin though, but she definitely knows how to work lighting and camera angles to her advantage.

I also think it didn't help that she had a lot of red/pink going on in that vid, those colours aren't flattering on her at all.
That's funny, I thought quite the opposite. To me, Estee is extremely plain and there is nothing standout beautiful to me. She's not ugly by any means, she's just average. That just goes to show how beauty is subjective and nobody can really be the judge of it.

As far as Sam, I think she's looking incredibly happy and beautiful lately. Probably because she's still in the honeymoon phase with Jason.

That'srichx
Talker
Talker

Post by That'srichx »

I'm thinking it might be the shape the weave she has in.
However, when shes filming by herself she can do as she please with angles and lighting.
Sammy dorsn't seem the outspoken type and will probs go with what estee wanted.
Saying this, this is probs how her face is naturally and we are only now seeing this because she's not able to do her usual deceptive angles.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

anyone actually watch jason's videos? i am actually not interested. especially since he's not an expert. plus, doesn't even seem like he's got a good grip on his emotions either.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

^^^nope.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

The top of her weave looks really bad.. like the top is so flat then it suddenly becomes big, it just looks weird. In her beauty videos, she films so you can't see the top of her head so it looks normal then when she films from afar like in that collab or in vlogs it's like whoa :| Agreed with whoever said it looks like a wet dog on her head

beautygurufail
Informer
Informer

Post by beautygurufail »

If she changed her hairstyle her face would probably look much slimmer. I'm the same way I have chubby cheeks and the only way to draw attention away from them is a little contour and tease. Her hairstyle is ICK but if she teased or put some volumizer to her roots itd probably look a hell of a lot better than it does now.

I haven't really been into sam that much recently...I dont really know why i've stayed subscribed to her for so long. Shes kind of a snooze. Her videos literally consist of "hey guys...today i'm gonna do a haul because i felt like it... i popped into topshop recently and got this AMAZING dress.. heh idk its just really floraly and flowy... i dont know how to explain it heh heh heh heh heh...." Every single video.. I know her laugh has been mentioned on this website before but jeeez its the whole freaking video. (Not that i have anything against laughing)

girlwithopinionsokay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by girlwithopinionsokay »

frizzzx86 wrote:anyone actually watch jason's videos? i am actually not interested. especially since he's not an expert. plus, doesn't even seem like he's got a good grip on his emotions either.
I watched it. It was a decent vid. I dunno. I like his face & sams weave is due for a wash or change. I mean its funny watching try to manipulate it like scrunching it and trying to fix it in the vid, but it must be annoying trying manipulate hair that isnt your natural hair. Weave is gonna stay the way you bought it and she obviously likes the big hair but now its not that nice curly messy look so she need to hit up her yani hairdresser to do SOMETHING

bluebanana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bluebanana »

ILovegg wrote:
bluebanana wrote:Can someone give me a rough description of what gleam is and how it benefits youtubers?
It's a management agency with the "top" youtubers, they work with dailymix (YouTube channel) and get youtubers sponsorships, products to review and I guess their foot in the door for further projects
So it's kinda like what an agent would be for an actor? I'm surprised she wasn't signed earlier, she has had a lot of subscribers for ages

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

^^ Probably because she's so awkward and doesn't really fit in with the other Youtubers?! I don't really see what she could contribute?! She cant talk, her makeup skills are none existent and her style is terrible.

She's always had a chubby face + puffy eyes! she just hides it all REALLY well through manipulation of camera angles and extreme bright lighting to blur everything. I personally dont find her attractive either and the only thing that's remotely interesting about her is this Ricky/Jason thing. Other than that I don't see what anyone else sees in her as she has nothing to offer on youtube anymore.

Did she not spend 3 years of her life studying fashion? How does she not know simple things about fabric, cuts.....

I wont even get started on how painfully awkward she was to watch in the collab vid with Estee (who I think is just gorgeous btw) !! Has anyone else picked up on the constant posing?? super annoying!

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Sounds like where Sammi lives now. Wonder why she's promoting it unless she's renting it out herself or helping the landlord get future tenants but nearly £1500 a month!
Bloody hell let me set up my YouTube channel asap..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nanaify
Learner
Learner

Post by nanaify »

Maybe she wants to move in with her bf and is trying to give it out to someone until her contract runs out? I am not sure if that can be done but just an idea.

Post by Guest »

Once again, Jason fuckface is replying for her. And if that is sam's place, I don't understand why she'd want the rent out on twitter. Wouldn't you wait until someone emailed you until disclosing it IN PRIVATE. Unless fuckface is blabbing his mouth without her giving consent.

bluebanana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bluebanana »

Yeah it looks like she wants to move out but needs someone to finish off her lease

Post by Guest »

Ah, in fact, I take that (post before the one above) back; I don't think that's sam's place. Hers isn't a mezzanine, is it?

But still, Jason's replying to tweets which are replying to SAM's tweet about the place. I know fuckface tweeted about the place as well, but it irritates me how he's always speaking for her. And if she told him to reply, I can't understand why she wouldn't just use her own twitter and reply to the tweets which were directed at her.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Jason replying for her irked me too lol. The description sounds similar to her place though (probs without all the luxurious extras) so I'm guessing she pays roughly that in rent.

Return to “BeautyCrush”