What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

lyssa123
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

Post by lyssa123 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
busybuyingbins wrote: The more I see of N3, the more I think I'm gonna skip it and get the Lorac Pro palette. Can anyone who has the Lorac palette tell me if it's worth it? I'm kicking myself for not getting it a few weeks ago when Ulta was running a special that included the palette, eye liner and CC cream for $39 (less than the palette alone!) UGHHH
Totally worth it imo. The colors are super pigmented, very easy to blend, and have very little fallout.

SilverMiko
Debater
Debater

Post by SilverMiko »

Yea, I would rather get Lorac Unzipped over Naked 3 to be honest, but I can dupe most of the N3 shades with my crown palette give or take 2 of the matte shades.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

VampyVarnish swatches are the most tempting so far. Hers look so much better than anybody elses

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

okay wow those colors are amazing!
ugh makeup always makes my bank account sad...
formerly known as ashhbby

rollietrollypollie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by rollietrollypollie »

Welp looks like I'm buying my first full Naked palette! Those swatches sold it! :D and I was looking at some pinky toned shadows from MAC anyway :D
This is the deep and dying breath of, this love that we've been working on.

Forever5stars
Talker
Talker

Post by Forever5stars »

Personally, I'm a massive fan of shimmer shadows (basically all I use) and my skin is VERY fair and pink/cool toned, so I am one of the few that thinks highly of the palette. I probably won't get it cause I'm broke, but I do want it haha

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

^ I have warm/yellow toned skin and I LOVE pink eyeshadows on me lol :) I am light skinned though (NC20), so I'm not sure if it's the same for NC15 or NC40.

Number_9
Informer
Informer

Post by Number_9 »

A girl in my cosmo class bought it and she is going to bring it in so I can see if I want to buy it since I love pink eye shadows on myself as long as they don't make me look sick.
"You can't just slap SnK's OP onto everything."

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

I love the trio/race thing they did.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

It's a gorgeous palette but, not for my strong golden/yellow tone skin.

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

Does anyone know when it is coming out (or if it is out already)? And if there is anyway to purchase it so that it comes to Australia?

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

justanopinion wrote:Does anyone know when it is coming out (or if it is out already)? And if there is anyway to purchase it so that it comes to Australia?
It was already for sale on the Urban Decay website. It sold out within a few hours, but I believe it will be in Sephora December 11th.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Arielle wrote:
justanopinion wrote:Does anyone know when it is coming out (or if it is out already)? And if there is anyway to purchase it so that it comes to Australia?
It was already for sale on the Urban Decay website. It sold out within a few hours, but I believe it will be in Sephora December 11th.
It was so funny when it sold out. Urban Decay put up this "OMGzZZ we h@d n0 !dea dis wud se11 0ut!" bullshit type of status and people completely mauled them for being liars. I mean your last two Naked palettes sold out TWICE within hours of being released, but you're going to tell us that you had no idea this would happen? Their PR and social media departments are atrocious.

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

Arielle wrote:
They do not ship to Australia, but thank you.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

McQueen. wrote:I agree that it's bullshit. They're trying to create hype to make the palette more in demand. The problem with that is that of all the palettes that were sold when they first released - a large portion of those were bought by people who are going to resell them for $100+ on Ebay and Amazon. It's even more unfortunate that people will still buy them for the price because it's new, a hot seller, Christmas gifts, etc. It would be wise on their part to have a larger stock because of the profit. They seriously do this every time though, so I'm not at all surprised.
Yup. What they really should have done is anticipate all those people who were buying them and reselling them on eBay (aka 30 year old men who won't even appreciate the palettes at all), sell say 1000 palettes on the first day. Then say "oh we're sold out, blah blah blah" then restock the next day so all those people who bought several palettes for the sole purpose of reselling them at double or triple the original price are stuck with them :lol:

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

I actually like the pink shades based on what I've seen online.
But as others have mentioned, pink can be hard for many skin tones to pull off and look decent.
I will hold off 'til the fever dies down and I can actually swatch some shades on my skin tone @ Sephora.
I've got plenty of makeup to weed through as is. ;)

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Arielle wrote:
McQueen. wrote:I agree that it's bullshit. They're trying to create hype to make the palette more in demand. The problem with that is that of all the palettes that were sold when they first released - a large portion of those were bought by people who are going to resell them for $100+ on Ebay and Amazon. It's even more unfortunate that people will still buy them for the price because it's new, a hot seller, Christmas gifts, etc. It would be wise on their part to have a larger stock because of the profit. They seriously do this every time though, so I'm not at all surprised.
Yup. What they really should have done is anticipate all those people who were buying them and reselling them on eBay (aka 30 year old men who won't even appreciate the palettes at all), sell say 1000 palettes on the first day. Then say "oh we're sold out, blah blah blah" then restock the next day so all those people who bought several palettes for the sole purpose of reselling them at double or triple the original price are stuck with them :lol:
I'd like to see them do what MAC does and limit the number sold to a single person. I think it was MAC that did that, at least. I don't know if they do it based on address or credit card number or what..but it seemed to work out pretty well. That way scam artists wouldn't be able to buy out the whole stock and then charge skyhigh prices to make a profit. I saw some Naked 3 on Ebay for as high as $200!

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

BellaJane wrote:
Arielle wrote:
I'd like to see them do what MAC does and limit the number sold to a single person. I think it was MAC that did that, at least. I don't know if they do it based on address or credit card number or what..but it seemed to work out pretty well. That way scam artists wouldn't be able to buy out the whole stock and then charge skyhigh prices to make a profit. I saw some Naked 3 on Ebay for as high as $200!
Yup, they should definitely limit it as well. I'm surprised they don't. I'd say like 2 per address within a 48-hour period or something. That way every household would only be able to buy 2 before they sell out.

You'd think they'd give a shit about their customers who actually want to buy these palettes and end up having to spend 3x the price because people who aren't real customers bought them all. Guess it's all the same to Urban Decay though. But if I owned a company and someone was reselling my products to make profit, I'd be pissed.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

I ordered this from Ebay this past week. I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it either, it was actually fairly cheap, cheaper even than UD's website. That made me a bit nervous, but I figure it's Ebay so if it isn't what it says it is, I can always open a case and get my money back. It's due to get here between December 2 and 10th.

I'm pale skinned with pink/cool undertones and blue eyes, so I think this palette will really compliment that. The only other Naked palette that I have is the Basics one, so these are pretty new shades to me. :)

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

If you purchased it online for an oddly cheap price then it might be the fake Naked 3 that was circulating on some Chinese sites I've used in the past. It's basically a repackaged dupe of Naked 1.

And Paypal isn't always cooperative about giving money back. I've been buying on eBay for 5 years and the odd time I've had issues it's been a giant pain. Just a heads up - if it's too good to be true, it often is.

Although if you bought it cheap from someone attempting to auction it off at a stupidly higher price then congratz!

Return to ā€œUrban Decayā€