What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

Post by loopyloo »

I am not sure if anyone has started a thread on this yet. There are loads of photos of a supposed third Naked palette all over the place. What does everyone think? I'm not sure I really need that much pink eyeshadow.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Here's a link with photos and such: http://wheeconfetti.com/2013/11/06/la-n ... s-swatchs/

I'd probably buy this one, the swatches look nice. Looks like more colors I would use, with the Naked and Naked 2 there were only a few shades I liked so I never bought either of them.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I think those swatches look terrible. The whole palette is very washed out and vague...but half of the swatches also look very sheer and chalky, as well. But maybe it's just the camera quality...I'm used to Temptalia and XSparkage swatches, so that might be why I'm tres unimpressed.

But I'm not even sure f this is legit. Urban Decay denied it twice, France said it was given out "by mistake" and the quality of those eyeshadows does not look up to UD standards at all. It honestly just looks like a washed out mashup of Naked 1 and Naked 2. The only shade that looks different is Buzz (the really pink glittery one) and that's going to be a shade that very few people are able to wear.

Definite pass unless I see some boss swatches.

shizbricks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shizbricks »

So urban decay confirmed it. This palette looks like the naked two to me just VERY SLIGHTLY different colors I would even say shades that are dupable. Not impressed. But we'll see when reviews start coming out

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

What I don't like about it is that there are so many light pinky shimmery colours. What I like about 1 and 2 is that they are all I need for a complete look. With this palette I'd have to add some more colours in there as I could not carry off all those pale pinky colours.

shizbricks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shizbricks »

loopyloo wrote:What I don't like about it is that there are so many light pinky shimmery colours. What I like about 1 and 2 is that they are all I need for a complete look. With this palette I'd have to add some more colours in there as I could not carry off all those pale pinky colours.
I agree. Pink isn't something a lot of people grab for or can even pull off. I kinda see what they were going for but idk. My least favorite color in naked two is YDK because it's pink. I don't like chopper either. Too orange. But honestly if you would have shown me those arm swatches I would've been like oh that's the naked 2 palette.

People complained 1 & 2 were too similar. But the 3 looks like a bad rip off of 2. Like those cheap $10 palettes that are so obviously a knock off.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

It seems to me like half of the palette is pink tones. If so, I'll pass.

franceslynn
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by franceslynn »

I actually want it. I use sin pretty much everyday so more pink colours is great for me :D

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

i do really like pinks and plums but that is WAY too many of them.
i think if they did 1/3 pinks 1/3 brown neutrals 1/3 smokey/ dark colors i would have been perfect and i would have bought it.
i think they are taking the naked thing WAY too far. i do have the naked basics and LOVE it. don't have 1 or 2 just because i could never justify spending so much on it. although i do have some pricier, but the palettes are just more neutrals that i have tons of!
formerly known as ashhbby

KathyWhite10
Learner
Learner

Post by KathyWhite10 »

Naked 3 reminds me of those Physicians Formula palettes they have, which I do own. Totally passing this palette.

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whatsername_ »

Love. I cannot wait!

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Laced would've been perfect in the palette.

I've been kind of disappointed with Vice II, and I have I, II & Basics. My heart doesn't pitter-patter for this one.

shermansown

Naked 3

Post by shermansown »

It's coming out next month apparently. Here we go again! :roll: Thoughts?

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Naked 3

Post by BellaJane »

There is already a post about this

merge, mods?

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

McQueen. wrote:Urban Decay really needs to move on and do something different. Enough already. The first two naked palettes were huge sellers for them because it was the first time they stepped away from the tacky packaging (before they relaunched their brand) and came out with something that wasn't bright or loaded with chunky glitter. It's great that they've added neutrals to their line but jfc, how many naked palettes do we need? It wouldn't be as bad if the shades had more variation. Every shade in that palette looks ridiculously similar if not identical to existing shades in the previous two palettes. Urban Decay in general has a major problem with putting out the same colors under different names. People who hoard and collect makeup won't mind but casual makeup buyers aren't going to want 10 of the same shade across the few palettes they've accumulated. /rant

Short version: Yawn. Pass. The Lorac Pro palette puts every naked palette to shame. Etc.
Yeah, that's true. I wish they'd make a larger Naked with all matte shades, like the Naked Basics but in the full Naked size.

THE YEAR IS 2051. URBAN DECAY HAS ANNOUNCED THEIR LAUNCH FOR THE NAKED 38.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

I will not be buying this.

I've owned and given away each naked palette, and this would meet the same fate.

My primary question is, why is this palette so pink and cool toned? As mentioned before, pinks aren't something i'd reach for often. Being overwhelmingly cool toned was the (huge) problem I had with naked 2.

Another question is why (again) are there only a few matte shades in the palette? I'd say 4, but I can't tell if "Darkside" is matte or not. Its not balanced. 3 sets of 2 shades are similar to each other with only nuanced differences.

They can do better, and they SHOULD do better.

anastesia
Talker
Talker

Post by anastesia »

Hmm I am actually intrigued by this pallette.. I found the Naked 1 and 2 contain colours that I just would not wear on daily basis. Mostly I reach for very light, pinky shades and light browns and grays. So I might check this one out.. :)

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

artlovemoney wrote:I will not be buying this.

I've owned and given away each naked palette, and this would meet the same fate.

My primary question is, why is this palette so pink and cool toned? As mentioned before, pinks aren't something i'd reach for often. Being overwhelmingly cool toned was the (huge) problem I had with naked 2.

Another question is why (again) are there only a few matte shades in the palette? I'd say 4, but I can't tell if "Darkside" is matte or not. Its not balanced. 3 sets of 2 shades are similar to each other with only nuanced differences.

They can do better, and they SHOULD do better.
I'm surprised that they don't move away from the glittery shades when it seems to be a constant criticism of their palettes.

I do wonder how many women are going to suit these shades. I'm really pale and know I will look like an albino rabbit! I think pink is hard to pull off for a lot of women with pale skin or pink-toned skin. I also think it's in danger of looking chalky on darker women.

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

ugh their glitter shades piss me off!
the midnight cowboy (i think it is) is so pretty but has that crappy chunky glitter. i don't want that crap on my eyes. it gets everywhere too! its just not cute at all! and i never get to use those shades because of that.
formerly known as ashhbby

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I actually really like the idea of the pink/cool-toned/rose gold theme. The Naked 2 palette wasn't really all that "cool toned" to me but it was not as warm as the first Naked. I own both of the Nakeds by the way, excluding Flushed and Basics. Again, I don't like how UD refuses to include more mattes in their Nakeds but I am addicted to neutral palettes/Naked. I'm warm-toned and I beg to differ on rose gold/pink eyeshadows as they are incredibly flattering on me. Using pink eyeshadow is a really great way to add something special to a regular neutral eye as long as it's not smudged on your lower lashline.

Anyway, for a company that emphasizes on being unique and [used to] brag about being oh-so-colorful, UD seriously has a lack of great midtone colorful shades, especially matte. Can't they come out with a colorful matte palette a la Sugarpill or Kryolan?

By the way- despite the hype on how good it is and they're "not-so-boring neutrals", the Naked Basics palette screams BORING to me. Not complaining because they're essential colours to have, but it really is just that- boooring.

Return to “Urban Decay”