Rebecca Black

tiara107
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rebecca Black

Post by tiara107 »

I didn't see a thread about her, but does anyone watch her channel? Didn't really know she became a youtuber until I kept seeing her in other ppl's vlogs. Isn't she a little young to be hanging out with some of these ppl?

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Rebecca Black

Post by an0n »

I was listening to Shane's podcast and he just had the O2L guys on who pretty much said she's a wild child.

sweetpeam
Informer
Informer

Post by sweetpeam »

Well, her best friend is Alexa sooooooo yeah. She's a wild child. Smoking weed, drinking, partying.
I don't like the two of them.

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

She's what 16? I don't get why her parents would let her hang out with 19/20 year olds.

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PHAIL »

Her parents are obviously stage parents so I doubt they care as long as she's making connections and gaining relevancy no matter the cost.

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla »

I've met her, and she's super sweet and easy to talk to. I had no clue Sam Pottorff and her had dated until the podcast!

hi_bye
Debater
Debater

Post by hi_bye »

I don't watch her channel, but whenever she shows up in a collab with someone I'm subscribed to I watch it. She comes off as really fun and adorable!

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by VogueForBreakfast »

im sure the 20 year olds hang out with her because she's "internet famous" and can gain them more subbies/attention

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla »

What do you think about her and her "best friend" Alexa Losey? At times it seems genuine, but others, not so much.

tiara107
Learner
Learner

Post by tiara107 »

I don't know about this Alexa girl. I can't really comment on her too much since I haven't watched her, but she seems really immature. Again, why is Rebecca hanging with these much older ppl? Better yet, why are they hanging with her? Alexa will be 20 next month (born 1993) which makes it a little lame that she calls an almost recently turned 16 yr old (born 1997) her best friend. The only guess I can come up with is that they are purposely trying to turn Rebecca out. It's like when you try to get your 6 yr old sibling to curse because there's just something about corrupting young ppl that is so amusing.

Youtubers seem like such a weird bunch.

On another note, I checked out a few of her videos. Her singing has gotten better since her "Friday" days, but she's still pretty mediocre and unoriginal. Don't really see her having a music career, but she might have a decent chance at sitcom.

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

I love how she ditched the whole singing thing and wants to be a full time Youtuber now.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

tiara107 wrote:I don't know about this Alexa girl. I can't really comment on her too much since I haven't watched her, but she seems really immature. Again, why is Rebecca hanging with these much older ppl? Better yet, why are they hanging with her? Alexa will be 20 next month (born 1993) which makes it a little lame that she calls an almost recently turned 16 yr old (born 1997) her best friend. The only guess I can come up with is that they are purposely trying to turn Rebecca out. It's like when you try to get your 6 yr old sibling to curse because there's just something about corrupting young ppl that is so amusing.
Alexa is only 18 her imdb is wrong.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

I watched loads of her videos today and she actually seems quite funny and nice.

tiara107
Learner
Learner

Post by tiara107 »

@miserlou I think she's funny too which is why I think she has a decent chance at tv.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

[youtube][/youtube]
Oh my lord.

sweetpeam
Informer
Informer

Post by sweetpeam »

Am I the only one who absolutely loves it?
I love when people spoof/make fun of themselves.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

I thought it was cute also and definitely sounded better than Friday. It is catchy.
I just think the whole "day after party/hungover" theme isn't the best fit for someone that just turned 16.

sweetpeam
Informer
Informer

Post by sweetpeam »

It doesn't bother me at all. Something I've gotten used to seeing in this generation. But I'm really surprised Alexa wasn't in it. You'd think she'd be in all the scenes.

Also, why is everyone getting butthurt over the black guy getting arrested at the end? Do they not understand that he's supposed to be the guy who produced Friday and was the rapper in the video/song? lol Literally my favorite part of the vid.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

clandestine wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Oh my lord.
A few observations:

1. Does she only sing about the days of the week? :lol:

2. Quote from the song: "Yesterday was Friday, today it's Saturday..." NO SHIT SHERLOCK! How lame!!!

3. They're partying a bit too hard for her age...

4. A Miley Cyrus impersonator? Attention whore much? Totally inappropriate.

5. WTF is up with the dude and the cop in the end? Totally unnecessary and it could be seen as stereotypical by some.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I think that was funny. She clearly made fun of herself and other things :D She knows what reputation Friday has and I think she agrees with that :D
But I also find that that video and lyrics were little bit awkward for 16 year old.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

Return to “Music”