MakeupGeekTV Part 2

luckycharms
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MakeupGeekTV Part 2

Post by luckycharms »

I loved it when she was like, "See? I can still move my face!" And her forehead didn't move at all- just her eyes, nose, and mouth. LoL. I don't know what she's expecting to elicit from these videos besides pity. You can't tell people to stop "hating" you or stop negative comments because a.) it won't work. b.) people will just make fun of you even more. I think she thought that if she lost weight she would be happy and it would stop people from making negative comments towards her. But then she got a little obsessed with her overall appearance and/or the losing weight thing caused problems in her face, so she became obsessed with "fixing" everything. I think she should take time off to get healthy and speak to a therapist and have someone else do her videos for her.

SCR0623
Informer
Informer

Re: MakeupGeekTV Part 2

Post by SCR0623 »

I hate that Marlena uses her weight loss as a crutch for every physical altering thing that shes does. I got lip injections because when I lost weight and loss some fullness in my lips. I got botox and eye fillers because I lose weight and loss the fullness in my face. I got a boob job and tummy tuck because I lost weight. What about her fake hair, fake nails, and eye last extensions? You got them because you lost weight too? Omg just be quiet and own up to it that you're a shallow vain woman. jeez

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

SCR0623 wrote:I hate that Marlena uses her weight loss as a crutch for every physical altering thing that shes does. I got lip injections because when I lost weight and loss some fullness in my lips. I got botox and eye fillers because I lose weight and loss the fullness in my face. I got a boob job and tummy tuck because I lost weight. What about her fake hair, fake nails, and eye last extensions? You got them because you lost weight too? Omg just be quiet and own up to it that you're a shallow vain woman. jeez
She's just pathetically insecure. I think she actually had more confidence when she was fat! which is sort of ironic. She will try to change everything about herself and still won't be satisfied. I just noticed this, but even her voice and accent has changed in comparison to before. If you watch her old videos you will notice her voice used to be more mature, lower and her accent was definitely more upper midwestern. Shame.
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

Can someone help me out; where is the video in which she 'comes clean' about her procedures? I can't find anything where she talks about her lips getting done (finally admitting it) etc etc. :o Thanks!

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

bellavia wrote:Can someone help me out; where is the video in which she 'comes clean' about her procedures? I can't find anything where she talks about her lips getting done (finally admitting it) etc etc. :o Thanks!
there you go
[youtube][/youtube]

mydirrtysecret
Learner
Learner

Post by mydirrtysecret »

If she was just honest no one would care! It's like when those people lie about plastic surgery to make you think their perfect.. idk she is clearly delusional. Everything with her is the victim role!If she acts like that in real life I wonder how many people call her out lol!

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

mydirrtysecret wrote:If she was just honest no one would care! It's like when those people lie about plastic surgery to make you think their perfect.. idk she is clearly delusional. Everything with her is the victim role!If she acts like that in real life I wonder how many people call her out lol!
What I picked up on from the video is that she's trying to get people to like her again. I suspect shes fallen out of favor with a few of her long term subscribers (from some of the comments I've seen) as they're beginning to see her as a vain, insecure woman stuffing her face with fillers and plastic and shes trying to reroute their perception by making them feel sorry for her to some degree. I really feel this isn't going to work though.
''Oh Hai Mark''

luckycharms
Talker
Talker

Post by luckycharms »

Flaffy22 wrote: I just noticed this, but even her voice and accent has changed in comparison to before. If you watch her old videos you will notice her voice used to be more mature, lower and her accent was definitely more upper midwestern. Shame.
I was thinking this too, but wasn't sure.

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

luckycharms wrote:
Flaffy22 wrote: I just noticed this, but even her voice and accent has changed in comparison to before. If you watch her old videos you will notice her voice used to be more mature, lower and her accent was definitely more upper midwestern. Shame.
I was thinking this too, but wasn't sure.
Yep. She sounded "more her age" back then and had a north-central or Michigan accent (as she lived there). Now she talks with a bit of a baby voice and has picked up more of a california-esque accent. I'm guessing changing her voice and accent is just more effort to seem "young". I have no clue lol.
''Oh Hai Mark''

SCR0623
Informer
Informer

Post by SCR0623 »

Oh for sure Marlena's voice has changed. Her voice is completely fake (fake baby voice) just like her fake laughs (adds another one to the list). I hate that she tries to sound super young. My husband saw me watching her lip injections confessions and was like "What the hell is wrong with her? She doesn't look natural, her face looks like it had too much work done." I was like honey if you only knew. LoL

syllabub

Post by syllabub »

When she attempted moving her forehead it didn't even move. Lmao.

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

justanotherhater wrote:
bellavia wrote:Can someone help me out; where is the video in which she 'comes clean' about her procedures? I can't find anything where she talks about her lips getting done (finally admitting it) etc etc. :o Thanks!
there you go
[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks, I checked MH.com and her Simple Marlena blog but it wasn't there; I never check her vlog.

Wow, she sure did a lot of rationalizing in that video. Kudos to the posters here who initially picked up on her lip situation, lol, and eyes. She babbled through the whole video.

She's going to end up always looking older if she keeps doing this crap now at her age. Like someone who's 40+ trying to look 30-ish again, rather than a normal 33 year old.

luvlisa
Learner
Learner

Post by luvlisa »

I read this thread and the body hate is sickening.
Her body is amazing. I love her figure. She looks sexy and curvy.
SCR0623 you are not well, in every comment in the last thread , you commented on her ass and thighs and hips. Every. Single. One. You are obsessed with this woman's body.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

SCR0623 wrote:I hate that Marlena uses her weight loss as a crutch for every physical altering thing that shes does. I got lip injections because when I lost weight and loss some fullness in my lips. I got botox and eye fillers because I lose weight and loss the fullness in my face. I got a boob job and tummy tuck because I lost weight. What about her fake hair, fake nails, and eye last extensions? You got them because you lost weight too? Omg just be quiet and own up to it that you're a shallow vain woman. jeez
You said exactly what I wanted to say! Then it's not even that she got it done, when questioned on it, she lies. If she doesn't want to discuss it that is her right, but don't just outright lie about it.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Fuchsiarama wrote:
You said exactly what I wanted to say! Then it's not even that she got it done, when questioned on it, she lies. If she doesn't want to discuss it that is her right, but don't just outright lie about it.
I completely agree with everything you said as well. One thing Marlena did say that I somewhat agree with is that she doesn't need to explain everything that she does. That what she does to her body are her decisions and completely up to her. She is a grown woman and doesn't have to justify everything she does to her viewers. But, on the flip-side, she wants to cry to us and expect us to sympathize with all the health problems she is having that are a direct repercussion of all the procedures she has had. Also, if she does want to come clean, come clean about everything. She has had a heck of alot more than just lip injections lately. Her forehead is completely paralyzed from all the ongoing botox treatments she has. She needs to make up her mind. Either tell us what is going on or tell nothing. But don't give us a bunch of obvious bold faced lies!!
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

luckycharms
Talker
Talker

Post by luckycharms »

mustardmoon1 wrote: I completely agree with everything you said as well. One thing Marlena did say that I somewhat agree with is that she doesn't need to explain everything that she does. That what she does to her body are her decisions and completely up to her. She is a grown woman and doesn't have to justify everything she does to her viewers. But, on the flip-side, she wants to cry to us and expect us to sympathize with all the health problems she is having that are a direct repercussion of all the procedures she has had. Also, if she does want to come clean, come clean about everything. She has had a heck of alot more than just lip injections lately. Her forehead is completely paralyzed from all the ongoing botox treatments she has. She needs to make up her mind. Either tell us what is going on or tell nothing. But don't give us a bunch of obvious bold faced lies!!
I think she needs to figure out how to separate her professional life from her personal life because right now she is mixing both and it's a mess. I think Marlena should have someone else doing videos and she can periodically check in with updates about MUG and other things. I agree that she doesn't have to share everything or even anything at all, but don't lie. I hate that. It makes me not trust her or her company.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I don't think Marlena would ever hire someone to do makeupgeek videos which is odd because she has people doing everything else for her. She has to be the center of attention and the "Star" well with that comes criticism. With all her "staff" she would be better off hiring a real makeup artist who could actually do her product some good and use real models. She is so jealous of women and anyone who looks better than her she'd never let it happen, her insecurity is through the roof for a grown woman of "33", yet another lie!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Does she still have people doing vides on her secondary channel? She used to have some nice girls do product reviews over there.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

areyouawake
Learner
Learner

Post by areyouawake »

Fuchsiarama wrote:Does she still have people doing vides on her secondary channel? She used to have some nice girls do product reviews over there.
She hasn't updated the makeupgeekxtra channel since the NARS Satin lip pencils review. I really miss seeing the other girls do reviews.

SCR0623
Informer
Informer

Post by SCR0623 »

Marlena, can mess up her body however she wants to. But don't try to be a role model trying to make women feel beautiful when you can't even feel beautiful yourself. I'm sorry, but I'm having a real hard time believing she's 33 years old when I remember her youtube account 2008 saying she was 33 back then. If you're going to come clean about your body alterations come clean about all of them and own up to it. If she did that I don't think anyone would care. But the fact that she wants pity makes things. She downs plays her botox because it was 2 years ago, jeez the same time as her tummy tuck and boob job. Botox doesnt completely go away and not every doctor does perfoms them correctly either.

And by the way I make fun of her thighs because she tries so hard to hide them, it makes me laugh. :D

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”