Huge Back to School Giveaway

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Huge Back to School Giveaway

Post by Oubliette »

[youtube][/youtube]

First of all:

Is it so hard to look up words/phrases before she writes them on her videos for the World to see? :bang:

2. Didn't she say her parents struggled with money when she was young? How could have they afforded to buy ALL THE THINGS OF HER BACK TO SCHOOL LIST EVERY YEAR, according to her? It doesn't make any sense. :?

3. She asks people to leave their name and email address written on her blog. Is she stupid? That is extremely UNSAFE, especially since the majority of her audience are teens (apparently). That's not all though, her blog isn't working and these teens are leaving their info ON HER VIDEO! There's thousands of names and emails... scary.

4. 95% of the things are pink. So tacky.

5. Throughout the whole video she assumes that her viewers are in high school. :lol: Has she actually seen the profile pics of the kids that write in the comments?

6. She has a lot of beauty products in there... Isn't it supposed to be a "Back to School" giveaway? I know there are things like lip balm that students carry around but she has hairspray, blush, liner, hoop earrings, mascara, etc. I know girls like to look cute when they're in school but I still think some things are too much and she's actually focusing more on the beauty aspect rather than in the educational aspect.

travis17
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Huge Back to School Giveaway

Post by travis17 »

lol a giveaway suuure ;) this girl would rather chop her hand off than give someone things she bought with her money. But it looks good on YouTube and no one ever asks for the winner win/win for dulce.

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

You can say whatever you want about her, I think this video is really cool and the message she shared about not trying to be the cool girl but the smart one and that education IS the most important thing you have to look for is the best thing she ever said, and its so true!! I did experience this for my own just like she did and I think it is GREAT that she did this giveaway. Its one million time better than a 100% pure Make Up Giveaway. That makes her cool to me, altough there were times I didnt like her. And who wouldnt like to have MakeUp too? So I think its cool altough I am out of school long time ago.

@Obliette Didnt you listen carefully?? Her parents didnt spoile their children all the time, but when it came to education they would do anything to support them!

I agree about the email adress, but come on...everyone can create an account just for this Giveaway. Not a big deal.
About the colour...you DONT have to enter the Giveaway if you dont like Pink. As easy as that.

I am starting to like her again.

mommyof2girls
Learner
Learner

Post by mommyof2girls »

Amazing how people nitpick about ANY little thing!

"Everything is pink, so tacky" SO WHAT?!

I thought this was an amazing thing to go especially since she bought it all with her own money!!

mommyof2girls
Learner
Learner

Post by mommyof2girls »

travis17 wrote:lol a giveaway suuure ;) this girl would rather chop her hand off than give someone things she bought with her money. But it looks good on YouTube and no one ever asks for the winner win/win for dulce.
It was bought with her own money.
The description clearly says "video NOT sponsored"

ea19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ea19 »

I will start off by saying that a back to school giveaway is not an obligation for her or any other gurus. BUT let's compare her giveaway to Michelle Phan's, Michelle is giving away some headphones & some half assed tips in her video. If you don't like the color pink or the pattern of the backpack so what? Don't enter the giveaway. It's simple. I love that she included the ruler with the hole punch, number 2 pencils, flash cards, loose college ruled paper, separators, etc. she at least gives a good idea of sensible & essential products that are necessary. Yes, ***part of the beauty aspect is a little "overboard" since that stuff isn't essential for school but she is a BEAUTY guru so it's only fitting that she would throw in a little. I'm not a fan of Dulce, nor have I ever been but this is just nitpicking.

Oh & even though a lot of us are probably too old to be carrying around all that pink stuff I'm sure you know a younger person or two. I mean come on....let's not get carried away.
Get it together

BomBi
Debater
Debater

Post by BomBi »

Sophia1st wrote:You can say whatever you want about her, I think this video is really cool and the message she shared about not trying to be the cool girl but the smart one and that education IS the most important thing you have to look for is the best thing she ever said, and its so true!! I did experience this for my own just like she did and I think it is GREAT that she did this giveaway. Its one million time better than a 100% pure Make Up Giveaway. That makes her cool to me, altough there were times I didnt like her. And who wouldnt like to have MakeUp too? So I think its cool altough I am out of school long time ago.

@Obliette Didnt you listen carefully?? Her parents didnt spoile their children all the time, but when it came to education they would do anything to support them!

I agree about the email adress, but come on...everyone can create an account just for this Giveaway. Not a big deal.
About the colour...you DONT have to enter the Giveaway if you dont like Pink. As easy as that.

I am starting to like her again.

I agree with you 1000% I think this giveaway was very nice and I am sure a lot of her subscribers will need all that. I like how happy she was when describing the stuff, seems like She was very into it.

Another thing, I am starting to like her again too, She is not the same, She had changed a little bit and its for the best.

travis17
Informer
Informer

Post by travis17 »

mommyof2girls wrote:
travis17 wrote:lol a giveaway suuure ;) this girl would rather chop her hand off than give someone things she bought with her money. But it looks good on YouTube and no one ever asks for the winner win/win for dulce.
It was bought with her own money.
The description clearly says "video NOT sponsored"
I'm not saying it is sponsored. I'm saying she is not going to pick a winner as she does with all of her giveaways that she sweeps under the carpet and never mentions again. She never announces a winner, what's up with that?
The hoarder she is she's keeping the things although she has no use for all that school stuff. Or she's giving them to her nieces, that's if they're lucky.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I'm not a subscriber, but some of the videos popped up under recommendations, and this is a fantastic message, especially if she knows there are a lot of kids who watch her videos.

:0)
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by :0) »

Hey everyone, long time lurker here.

Does anyone else find it fishy (or not so much considering her track record...) that she keeps saying she will announce the winner of the giveaway but hasn't yet? WHAT THE HELL???

Rauri
Informer
Informer

Post by Rauri »

Finally an unsponsored giveaway! Good job Dulce.
And I do like that she was giving away something that was actually "useful." Some of the stuff that she got was soooo childish though. This girl still has not grown up. Even still she did buy a nice variety of things that can be enjoyed by kids from 6-12 grade.

Also, I do still think that the right thing for gurus to do are giveaways. When people who have supported you and given you things (exposure, attention, their time, their money, etc.) it's only right to give back. Sorry but no amount of persuasion is going to make me think differently about that. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Wanderer
Wanderer

Rauri wrote:Finally an unsponsored giveaway! Good job Dulce.
And I do like that she was giving away something that was actually "useful." Some of the stuff that she got was soooo childish though. This girl still has not grown up. Even still she did buy a nice variety of things that can be enjoyed by kids from 6-12 grade.

Also, I do still think that the right thing for gurus to do are giveaways. When people who have supported you and given you things (exposure, attention, their time, their money, etc.) it's only right to give back. Sorry but no amount of persuasion is going to make me think differently about that. I'm entitled to my opinion.
You are entitled to you opinion, Rauri. My opinion is It's creepy how much you stalk and follow her every move, watch every video, read her blog and Instagram yet hate her so damn much. It's sad that you feel people are entitled do get free things for watching a free video under their own will. My opinion is, and I'm entitled to that as you are, is that gurus don't have to give a damn thing. They aren't obligated to do anything. But I guess it's human nature to act GREEDY and expect something for nothing... right....? I expect you'll be defensive as you always are in your posts. Oh boyyyy!

ANYWAY. I still find it ridiculous that dulce hasn't announced a winner. I always tweet her about t but she has never responded. Anyone else have a similar trial?

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

She mentioned that there were so many entries that she takes time to choose a winner.

Also, I think its creepy to how devoted Rauri is to Dulces life and every of her moves. I observed it immediatily after finding this site. Rauri - can you explain?

Wanderer
Wanderer

Yeah but that was more than a week ago.. If she doesn't stop the giveaway entries will keep coming. She always does this. There won't be a winner.

Wanderer
Wanderer

Sophia1st wrote:She mentioned that there were so many entries that she takes time to choose a winner.

Also, I think its creepy to how devoted Rauri is to Dulces life and every of her moves. I observed it immediatily after finding this site. Rauri - can you explain?
Sorry to double post but yes- as I would read through this site I found Rauri to be really attached to dulce.. Like she would watch every video yet claim to hate her. It's so weird. It's one thing to discuss about the things dulce does (false giveaways being one) but its another to attack her as a human for things she can't change.

It's just funny to me.

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

:0) wrote:
Sophia1st wrote:She mentioned that there were so many entries that she takes time to choose a winner.

Sorry to double post but yes- as I would read through this site I found Rauri to be really attached to dulce.. Like she would watch every video yet claim to hate her. It's so weird. It's one thing to discuss about the things dulce does (false giveaways being one) but its another to attack her as a human for things she can't change.

It's just funny to me.
Yes, she also admitted that she hates Dulce. how can you hate someone that much, someone who never hurted you or someone else....Gosh!! She only makes youtube videos, thats all. People like Rauri take everything to serious I guess. But she is not the only ine here on this site... There are people, especially one, who are ridicuously obsessed with Michelle Phan.

I mean...ok,...I am on this site too,...but I write about several people, but stalker like Rauri and Yuck! Write almost ONLY about this girls. They are obsessed. get a life girls! ;)

EDIT I am also disappointed with Dulce referring to the Giveaway thing. She should announce the winner. It became ridiculous. Just like the Fowler sisters.

Rauri
Informer
Informer

Post by Rauri »

:lol: I actually find these allegations completely hilarious. No really, I literally laughed out loud. Please clue me in in how I "stalk and follow her every move, watch every video, read her blog and Instagram." Enlighten me please. I've watched maybe 3 or 4 of her videos in the last SIX MONTHS, and at least half of those I didn't even bother watching all the way through. I haven't looked at her twitter at all for maybe even longer. It doesn't even occur to me to check her blog until I come to this site. And the only times I've ever looked at her instagram was when other users have posted links about it or referenced something that piqued my interest. So how about backing up these statements with some facts (make sure you include quotes and citations). Especially as it pertains to the "I hate Dulce" bit since I'm fairly confident I have gone out of my way multiple times to specifically say that it's pretty much impossible for me to hate her or anyone else for that matter.

What's really funny though is I haven't even been around much on this website for the last several months. I pop my head in once in a while, but I've been rarely active around here. And even when I was I rarely even looked at anything Dulce-related (outside of this website) 2 days in a row. That's why this is so funny to me. I also don't go out of my way to make unprovoked jabs at other members. Your unwarranted "opinion" about my "stalking" was completely irrelevant to anything I said or to this thread as a whole. Nice of you to remember me though. :love2:

Oh, and I already mentioned in my first post that she's not giving people "something for nothing." I even gave examples: "(exposure, attention, their time, their money, etc.)"
Despite what you may think Dulce has milked A LOT of money from her subscribers. They are THE ONLY reason why she's popular and able to have and maintain her lavish, wasteful lifestyle. So, yes, she "owes" them a lot. I bet even Dulce herself would admit that. Never said anyone should "expect" anything, but the RIGHT thing to do would be to give back.
8-)

Wanderer
Wanderer

Rauri wrote::lol: I actually find these allegations completely hilarious. No really, I literally laughed out loud. Please clue me in in how I "stalk and follow her every move, watch every video, read her blog and Instagram." Enlighten me please. I've watched maybe 3 or 4 of her videos in the last SIX MONTHS, and at least half of those I didn't even bother watching all the way through. I haven't looked at her twitter at all for maybe even longer. It doesn't even occur to me to check her blog until I come to this site. And the only times I've ever looked at her instagram was when other users have posted links about it or referenced something that piqued my interest. So how about backing up these statements with some facts (make sure you include quotes and citations). Especially as it pertains to the "I hate Dulce" bit since I'm fairly confident I have gone out of my way multiple times to specifically say that it's pretty much impossible for me to hate her or anyone else for that matter.

What's really funny though is I haven't even been around much on this website for the last several months. I pop my head in once in a while, but I've been rarely active around here. And even when I was I rarely even looked at anything Dulce-related (outside of this website) 2 days in a row. That's why this is so funny to me. I also don't go out of my way to make unprovoked jabs at other members. Your unwarranted "opinion" about my "stalking" was completely irrelevant to anything I said or to this thread as a whole. Nice of you to remember me though. :love2:

Oh, and I already mentioned in my first post that she's not giving people "something for nothing." I even gave examples: "(exposure, attention, their time, their money, etc.)"
Despite what you may think Dulce has milked A LOT of money from her subscribers. They are THE ONLY reason why she's popular and able to have and maintain her lavish, wasteful lifestyle. So, yes, she "owes" them a lot. I bet even Dulce herself would admit that. Never said anyone should "expect" anything, but the RIGHT thing to do would be to give back.
8-)

HAHAHHA. You're actually adorable. And oh so predictable. As I knew it would you turned out a long, drawn out, defensive post.
Please don't flatter yourself. The only reason I remember you is that blue font you use and the fact that you're on almost every dulce thread.

The right thing to do is nothing lol there's no reason she has to give back despite how much money she made off of people VOLUNTARILY watching, subscribing, etc. again, that's just a GREEDY human reaction to feel entitled. And are you kidding me or do you think I'm stupid? Because you clearly said people were ENTITLED to a giveaway which essentially means you EXPECT something from her. Trust me, I'm not Dulce's biggest fan... But it's sad to be known as someone who loves to hate dulce. Soooo creepy.

Nice try though, sweetie.

guestgue

Post by guestgue »

Ladies,

Please leave the personal bickering at the door.

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

guestgue wrote:Ladies,

Please leave the personal bickering at the door.
Ok, that was nothing personal but anyway...just one more thing - Rauri...every post of yours is abouut Dulce and you clearly wrote that you hate her. So dont lie. 100% agreement with :0)

Nothing more to add. Thats all.

Return to “Dulce Candy”