[[Dat Mexican-Filipino Chick]]

Goldn
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stretch marks

Post by Goldn »

When I was around 13/14 I went through lovely puberty and grew a set of hips and thighs, going from a stick-figure child to a pear shape. At first, the stretch marks down my thighs and my butt looked angry and red-purple against my pale skin, and you know what? I refused to wear short pants for three summers straight. I hated how pale I was, how diseased my freaky stretch marks looked, and how "chubby" I was (pff yeah right).
Three years later, I grew older, slimmed down for some reason, and still have stretch marks. They're white now, against my pale skin they aren't veery noticeable, and I honestly dgaf. I see them as proof that - guess what - I grew into a woman. They are my puberty battle scars, and they are a part of me :)
Don't be ashamed of your scars! Over time, they will fade and blend in, and they will be wholly yours. No shame in being a growing and changing human being!

soupie
Learner
Learner

Post by soupie »

in the past year my weight fluctuated quite a bit, and i ended up gaining about 20 lbs. i got stretch marks for the first time ever and i was mortified, but i grew to learn they're actually pretty common, and not always due to weight gain/loss (like i'd previously thought). i've since started exercising regularly and getting a healthy diet back on track and they've actually started turning white and less noticeable (they started out purplish which made me sooo self-conscious).

in the meantime, i've been moisturizing with cocoa butter almost every night. i also recently started trying this argan oil of morocco dry body oil (it's at target for like, $8) and y'all...regardless of whether you have stretch marks or not, it does wonders for your skin. i rub a little on all over (esp. where i have some stretch marks) after a shower, while i'm still a little damp, and then pat it dry with a towel and it's made such a difference. it creates elasticity, so it'll definitely help more with preventing future stretch marks from occurring (moreso than cocoa butter, i personally feel).

i agree that there's nothing to be ashamed of in having and owning your stretch marks! but i also know how self-conscious they can make you feel, and the stuff i've been doing has helped reduce their appearance and just generally left my skin feeling amaaaaazing most of the time. :D

beautymeg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beautymeg »

Aloe vera is effective in the treatment of many skin problems. It has various essential nutrients and active compounds that can be used in the treatment of minor burns, while its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks. You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.

SeeMyVest

Post by SeeMyVest »

I have a lot of stretch marks. All over my hips, my inner thighs, my breasts and my butt. I got most of them when I hit puberty as I developed to have one of those "hourglass" figures, I think they're called. I don't even give them a second thought. something like 98% of women have stretch marks. They're completely normal and natural, even though they aren't portrayed as so in the media.

Kimmymarie
Debater
Debater

Post by Kimmymarie »

I have lots of them (some from puberty and some from a major weight gain) and I haven't even had kids yet. I will say that I think some lotions help to fade them but there is no way to fully rid yourself of them. The ones I have on my breasts from when I was a teenager have faded almost fully, I mean they're there but barely noticeable. I'm assuming the other ones will eventually fade that much too.

JasminRiEt
Wallflower
Wallflower

Its what we came here for, but there are times in

Post by JasminRiEt »

http://www.discogs.com/release/6580414 Gone Girl super quality zfgfqv2 http://www.discogs.com/release/6580444 Exodus Gods and Kings free good quality hd 702x3we http://www.discogs.com/release/6580460 Dumb and Dumber To free good quality nm3te1b http://www.discogs.com/release/6580473 The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies movie 1080p HD stream cdqf7tz http://www.discogs.com/release/6580494 Annie without registration ci2kwub http://www.discogs.com/release/6580517 Big Hero 6 free quality hd 720p t1olwgz http://www.discogs.com/release/6580529 high quality stream 42d19yq http://www.discogs.com/release/6580549 Divx quality as5em6y

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

I know this is an old thread, but I guess I'll share my story here. I have faint stretch marks on my breasts from puberty. They used to drive me crazy but mederma and dermarolling are helping a lot. Actually I think I'm going to try a vitamin c serum instead of the mederma after I am done with the tube. I also make my own body scrub with microdermabrasion crystals. Long story there. Every little bit helps fade them so you won't feel as bad about yourself.

Anyway, nobody is perfect! Don't feel too bad about them. I have a friend who is very, very tiny (her waist is literally 19 inches around at the age of 24!) and she has the worst cellulite imaginable. She is actually jealous of fat people because they "have an excuse for it" LOL. Be strong and don't expect perfection.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

I was diagnosed with leaky gut and autoimmune disease, so my functional medicine doctor tested my nutritional deficiencies and found I was deficient pretty much in everything except folate, iron and copper. I started supplementing and as my deficiencies got better my skin healed SO MUCH, my acne scars all gone, stretchmarks, even if I cut myself it'd heal in 24h instead of a week. All my cuts like papercuts and such used to heal for a week and would always get infected. I simply didn't have enough vitamins and minerals for my body to cope properly. I learned that main skin vitamins are zinc, vit A, B12, B6, biotin. My nails and hair improved a lot too. Now if something is wrong again like things don't heal as fast or hair is falling out I know I developed a deficiency again

Caitlin_Angel1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Caitlin_Angel1 »

everyone has them!

SincerelyErica
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by SincerelyErica »

Beautiful no matter what

Blissey
Learner
Learner

Post by Blissey »

Sometimes excessive stretch marks at a young age (and without being overweight or child bearing) can be indicative of a hereditary connective tissue disorder.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Honestly, I don't think I've ever met a person who doesn't have stretchmarks in some capacity.

I was a skinny kid until I turned eight, then I was suddenly chubby and remained overweight for roughly the next ten years! Then I lost weight, and I have very fine, silvery stretchmarks all over. These are the faded ones that aren't about to go anywhere, and I'm okay with that :)

My mom always told me that we're our own worst critics. Chances are you notice your stretchmarks way more than anyone else does! I wouldn't worry about it.
Blending is my cardio.

Return to “Skincare”