Joey Graceffa Part 4

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 4

Post by cheekycharles »

FlipFlops87 wrote:Well, isn't Whitney Milam also involved in the production of the web series? Hopefully she can give him some guidance because I personally don't think Joey can pull this off himself.
Besides being the leading man I doubt Joey will contribute much to the development and production of the series. He seems pretty useless.

eatglitter
Talker
Talker

Post by eatglitter »

cheekycharles wrote:
FlipFlops87 wrote:Well, isn't Whitney Milam also involved in the production of the web series? Hopefully she can give him some guidance because I personally don't think Joey can pull this off himself.
Besides being the leading man I doubt Joey will contribute much to the development and production of the series. He seems pretty useless.
Nail. Head.

Somebody has to be the pretty face in front of the campaign.
(And it certainly ain't Whitney)

Post by Guest »

This is kind of O/T, but Stacy edits her videos really nicely. They have nice beginning/end slates with cute little soundtracks and they generally look better than Joey's. He should ditch his editor (if he hasn't already) and have her edit for him.

Syd
Learner
Learner

Post by Syd »

Izzybee wrote:This is kind of O/T, but Stacy edits her videos really nicely. They have nice beginning/end slates with cute little soundtracks and they generally look better than Joey's. He should ditch his editor (if he hasn't already) and have her edit for him.
Stacy has a real job working for Teen (and seems to have a lot of responsibilities there, so she probably makes a decent buck), so I don't think there is any way she should or would consider editing his videos for him.

Regarding his spending vs. Kickstarter fundraising - I think most of the issue is not that he's not funding it himself, but that while he is begging (seriously, he begged in his vlog before the haul one) for contributions for it, he is at the same time showing off his big purchases. "Please donate anything you can! I'm desperate! Look, I'll even follow you on Twitter for $400!" followed by "Look at $600 worth of clothing I just spent on things I will never wear" is crass at best. No one is forcing anyone to contribute, but that's not the point. At least don't flash the money you're spending in everyone's face while at the same time saying you're desperate for money for something that is your alleged passion.

As for Kickstarter taking money, Amanda Palmer did a good breakdown on where all of the money from hers went. Kickstarter takes 5% and Amazon takes 5% for processing the money. I'm not comparing her spending vs his of course, since, well, you know. But just saying that he will never see the full $100k. I wonder if HE realizes that. Being he didn't know that Kickstarter took a few days to approve projects, I'm not sure he did ANY research into this, since that is common knowledge when you're looking to set a project up.

redlips
Talker
Talker

Post by redlips »

Surprised he didn't vlog himself shopping w David since he usually shows himself shopping then ends the video with a haul but w.e. He shops at expensive ass stores, like anyone who thinks these are bargain stores is living the good life. AND His modeling during the haul made me want to strangle him!!! W/ the peace sign opened mouth tongue crap. Also he needs to fucking stop with the stripes!!

I did laugh at his "What do you guys think? Ah, don't tell me w.e. It's too late I already bought it." Some honest at last lol. As if he gives a shit about his viewers opinion about his clothes (cause if he did he'd stop wearing those goddamn stripes!!).

eatglitter
Talker
Talker

Post by eatglitter »

I don't think the all of the donators realize how much income Joey pulls in each year. They may not be so compassionate with their donations if they fully realized. On that note, I wonder if Joey intends on using any of his income to sustain the project if it goes over?

rlalonde77
Learner
Learner

Post by rlalonde77 »

Kleineganz wrote:Well it looks like I'll be the one with the most unpopular opinion on this thread ...

1. Joey is not rich. Yes he's well off, and better off than a lot of people, but he's not rich.
2. He's not "begging" for the $100,000 so he can just scamper off with it and do shopping hauls. He's creating an entire web series with a group of other people. There will be a cast & crew to pay, plus equipment, venue rentals, etc.
3. I don't see how him going off to spend his money on clothes for himself has anything to do with the web series or it's funding.

I'm going to wait until I see how good (or bad) this series is before I make any judgement on his spending habits.
He is not that rich, but he can afford paying loads on money on expensive clothes, food and eating out almost daily.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i'm guessing this is from last night, since i saw a photo of joey and brittany as well.
if you replace whitney with a guy, you get to see what's joey's favorite sexual position
The Internet knows all your secrets

gossipgg
Debater
Debater

Post by gossipgg »

illegal_mind wrote:Image
i'm guessing this is from last night, since i saw a photo of joey and brittany as well.
if you replace whitney with a guy, you get to see what's joey's favorite sexual position
is this from rebecca black's sweet 16?

Auryn
Talker
Talker

Post by Auryn »

Kleineganz wrote:Well it looks like I'll be the one with the most unpopular opinion on this thread ...

1. Joey is not rich. Yes he's well off, and better off than a lot of people, but he's not rich.
2. He's not "begging" for the $100,000 so he can just scamper off with it and do shopping hauls. He's creating an entire web series with a group of other people. There will be a cast & crew to pay, plus equipment, venue rentals, etc.
3. I don't see how him going off to spend his money on clothes for himself has anything to do with the web series or it's funding.

I'm going to wait until I see how good (or bad) this series is before I make any judgement on his spending habits.
The thing is that you can't affirm this, he never gave, nor is wiling to give, an exact budget in what he's expending every dollar from the 100000$. I'm not an expert in production, I have never done a web series or anything (exactly like him, funny right?) but I've watched other people's work with less than a half of that money. The fact that Joey's doesn't have any experience doing this just tell me one thing, he just came up with an horrendous amount of money, not thinking how much he needs for this project and not knowing the real value of the money (because we all can tell he doesn't know how hard is to get it and how he wastes it every day). Behind this kickstart campaing there should be an enormous work of investigation, asking for estimates, looking for places, finding the best but at the same time affordable equipments, helpers, actors, camera crew, in fact the all crew in general... and I reaaaally doubt slacker Joey did that job. At the end he would have his 100000$ for the project and he's going to do one of two things:
a) Waste money in stupid things for the web series (at least this one would be still honorable)
b) Waste money in stupid things for himself (I'm afraid this is the one that sounds more realistic to me)

bloodymarysmith
Learner
Learner

Post by bloodymarysmith »

FlipFlops87 wrote:Well, isn't Whitney Milam also involved in the production of the web series? She works in the movie business and somewhat has experience producing School of Thrones, which I didn't personally watch but have read about it on various GoT forums. Hopefully she can give him some guidance because I personally don't think Joey can pull this off himself.
The only good thing about School of Thrones is the camera work, editing, and the slick animated bit. The premise was ridiculous and clichéd, and the writing outright sucked. And at $10k per episode (assuming the cost of the prizes is coming out of the $100k), I would hope they're longer than 5-8 minutes.

Based on the character descriptions, I think it's going to be the same kind of thing, just not a parody. I seriously hope it was Joey who wrote that part, since it was his idea, and the descriptions are terrible. I can see why companies would turn him down, especially with no pilot, and a budget like that.

youknowyoulovemexoxo
Talker
Talker

Post by youknowyoulovemexoxo »

Not to go back to the race thing but Joey's friend from Boston just reblogged this on tumblr

nohaynada
Informer
Informer

Post by nohaynada »

youknowyoulovemexoxo wrote:Not to go back to the race thing but Joey's friend from Boston just reblogged this on tumblr

I doubt she reblogged it because of Joey. She reblogged it because it's true.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

rlalonde77 wrote:

He is not that rich, but he can afford paying loads on money on expensive clothes, food and eating out almost daily.
I don't earn half of what Joey does, and I eat out almost daily too. Where I live, that's what most people do, it's become part of our local culture. I bet parts of the LA area are similar.

gossipgg
Debater
Debater

Post by gossipgg »

Kleineganz wrote:
rlalonde77 wrote:

I don't earn half of what Joey does, and I eat out almost daily too. Where I live, that's what most people do, it's become part of our local culture. I bet parts of the LA area are similar.
But I doubt you're spending over $15 a meal (about what food in LA costs), along with trips to whole foods every other day. Shopping sprees at least once a month of over $500. LA is disgustingly expensive.

bloodymarysmith
Learner
Learner

Post by bloodymarysmith »

The Kickstarter only has to get $1691 to reach funding. I wonder how much he'll go over, and what he'll do with the money? Will he continue to ask for donations once he reaches the goal?

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

gossipgg wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
rlalonde77 wrote:
But I doubt you're spending over $15 a meal (about what food in LA costs), along with trips to whole foods every other day. Shopping sprees at least once a month of over $500. LA is disgustingly expensive.
Actually when my husband and I eat out, with tax and tip, our bill is generally $50+ ... so we're paying for $25+ per meal (including drinks of course). Every now and again we'll go somewhere cheaper, where we only spend $25-30 total (so $12.50 - 15/meal). We never do fast food (blech).

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Well it looks like part of the money will be going to a casting director and some additional cast

Post by Guest »

Kleineganz wrote:
gossipgg wrote:

Actually when my husband and I eat out, with tax and tip, our bill is generally $50+ ... so we're paying for $25+ per meal (including drinks of course). Every now and again we'll go somewhere cheaper, where we only spend $25-30 total (so $12.50 - 15/meal). We never do fast food (blech).
That's a luxury many can't afford. Picking up a sandwich, salad, baked potato etc would be around £5 and considered fast food you have quite a snobbish attitude to think spending that amount of money eating out everyday is normal.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

ussername wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
gossipgg wrote:

That's a luxury many can't afford. Picking up a sandwich, salad, baked potato etc would be around £5 and considered fast food you have quite a snobbish attitude to think spending that amount of money eating out everyday is normal.
Why do you care? News flash, thanks to people like her, the American economy is able to survive. And considering you're using pounds, I guess that sort of makes sense why you wouldn't understand and act presumptuous. :roll: If they're both able to work and make enough money, then it's not really hurting anyone. Making enough money to consume =/= being snobbish. It's a fact that fast food is healthy and disgusting. Although I will say, at the same time if you seriously eat out daily, I'm sure that definitely won't have a good effect on your health either.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”