BlackHearted
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Amelia Liana

Post by BlackHearted »

teadrunk wrote:
youtubewatcher1 wrote:
konfetit wrote:How is she getting away with that Burberry "vleek" not being an ad?
Exactly my point. 2 makeovers, 2 gifted engraved perfume bottles, AND 2 Burberry scarves.
Those were gifts/PR. She wasn't paid to make the video (i.e. there was no contract or money exchange saying she HAD to make that video) although I'm sure there was some unspoken understanding that for an invitation to this event and the free swag that she would record her visit, but nothing explicitly agreed upon.

It's really similar to when celebrities are invited to events/given swag bags full of goodies from companies in the hopes that their presence at the event will encourage us average folk to want to buy items from the company. Or if the celebrity likes one of the free goodies (like a watch, for example) and that the celebrity will wear it. But since there is no actual contract, and the celeb doesn't HAVE to wear it....it's kinda free game. This is how I view the vlogs where these youtubers go to these events and get free stuff. It's just a way around the advertising laws. It's bullshit, but legal.
That's for clarifying! It's bullshit indeed. I'd like to think she was paid in products, but oh well.

Burberry's new love for YouTubers really cheapens their name for me. I'm so sick of hearing about "My Burberry". I was never into Burberry, but I'll be damned if I ever try any of their makeup or perfume now.

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

Since I probably won't ever be able to go to one myself, I usually don't mind when someone vlogs PR-events, but I would have liked to see something other than her and her mom getting free stuff from Burberry and then having her "fortunately remembering" that she vlogged lunch with her sister as well.

English is not my first language

agreatperhaps
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by agreatperhaps »

vanillakid wrote:Since I probably won't ever be able to go to one myself, I usually don't mind when someone vlogs PR-events, but I would have liked to see something other than her and her mom getting free stuff from Burberry and then having her "fortunately remembering" that she vlogged lunch with her sister as well.
i didn't understand that... surely if you remembered you vlogged an earlier day, you'd just edit in that footage at the beginning of the video?
but then i guess the focus wouldn't have been on the burberry event.

i don't mind people like anna from viviannadoesmakeup or sammi from beautycrush being invited to these kinds of events/being given free designer products because they probably usually wouldn't buy that stuff and would obviously be really grateful, but it really annoys me to see burberry giving hundreds of pounds worth of products away to AMELIA, who everyone knows could afford to buy that stuff ten times over and not feel the consequences. just rubs me the wrong way.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

I've never really understood PR when they do things like this. I mean I get that they want the exposure, but are the average people watching Amelia's videos going to be able to go to an event like that or even afford Burberry scarves? It just seems redundant to me. Like even when they sent Lily and Anna to see Coco Channels apartment, it was a cool press trip for them and obviously they promoted the product. But I mean even if I buy the new Channel lipsticks I'm never going to have the experience Lily and Anna, or Amelia got at Burberry. I'm just going to have the product that I bought with my money, whilst they got an amazing press event for free. I hope I made sense there haha. I work in marketing so part of me sees the point, but the other half is like meh unless I can pay to have that experience they're getting I'm not interested in whatever new products as I'm sure I'm bound to hear about it anyway.

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

Holy crap she is wearing so much makeup in the first few seconds of Vleek.. not to mention too many shaders DARKER

Lime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lime »

Her sticky note trick really changed my eye makeup game, ngl, so thanks Amelia. But I don't see how it helps if you blend the whole thing into a mud and bring it all the way down your eye to make it look droopy. She seems to copy her mother's look a lot, at least their taste seem very similar. But even though I know her actual age, my mind refuses to believe that she is a month younger than late twenties. She ages herself too much with makeup, it reminds me when me and my friends used to do our best to look older and cooler by applying shit ton of eyeshadow and mascara when we were 14. It was not good then, it is not good now.
English is not my native language, excuse the mistakes.

leandermeander
Learner
Learner

Post by leandermeander »

Her Instagram posts really make me want to see her next Paris vlog. Looks like she has finally regained the glamour that I haven't seen in months, or at least from what I can see in these posts...

Post by Guest »

ChloeVFA wrote:What I dont get is how unconstistent she is with her style. Sometimes she just looks polished and then out of nowhere her boobs are on vacation, it's stripper look time. What is WRONG with her!?
They're just boobs. Loosen up your pearls and cardigan, lady.

sugarpeaches123
Talker
Talker

Post by sugarpeaches123 »

CrystalC wrote:
ChloeVFA wrote:What I dont get is how unconstistent she is with her style. Sometimes she just looks polished and then out of nowhere her boobs are on vacation, it's stripper look time. What is WRONG with her!?
They're just boobs. Loosen up your pearls and cardigan, lady.
:roll:
You can show skin and still look sophisticated and tasteful. I don't care that she shows her boobs, but her clothes are hideous and tasteless. That one dress where you could almost see her crotch through the mesh, for instance, just looked cheap.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

new thread?

Return to “Amelia Liana”