"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

sugarpeaches123
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amelia Liana

Post by sugarpeaches123 »

kowabunga wrote:Does she ever not look like a hooker?
:rofl: Her fashion sense is so awful and all over the place. She doesn't seem to know who she really is or wants to be, and it is reflected in the things she wears!

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubewatcher1 »

Her kitchen, the one in which she vlogs, has a diff color fridge and cabinets than the cooking video one. Doesn't it?

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

She is copying Fleur. Fleur did a courgetti recipe waaay before her.
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Amelia isn't following any of the UK guidelines for sponsored products or ads. She needs to be an "AD" before every one of her videos, not just the bloody ta pax one (pun intended)!
Jo Malone - PR
SpaceNK - PR
Charlotte Tilbury - PR
Almost all of her vlogs contain attending PR functions, and getting free promotion samples or products, which she shows on her blog, IG, and Youtube, without stating they were gifted and in sense, ADs.

leandermeander
Learner
Learner

Post by leandermeander »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:Amelia isn't following any of the UK guidelines for sponsored products or ads. She needs to be an "AD" before every one of her videos, not just the bloody ta pax one (pun intended)!
Jo Malone - PR
SpaceNK - PR
Charlotte Tilbury - PR
Almost all of her vlogs contain attending PR functions, and getting free promotion samples or products, which she shows on her blog, IG, and Youtube, without stating they were gifted and in sense, ADs.
She probably had her father's lawyers look at it and they found some loopholes.

leandermeander
Learner
Learner

Post by leandermeander »

colddust-girl wrote:Hope she does some more travelling, her Paris vlog was one of my all-time favourites.
Mine too, and it looks like she's going to Paris again this week, so I hope she will vlog there.

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

leandermeander wrote:Boobjob or not, I think no one can deny that they are quite well-formed:
I was hoping someone would mention this. I saw it on snapchat and always choked on my water. Really bad outfit and the boobs are just front and centre. What on earth is with her fashion sense lately..

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

Home girl wants a new boyfriend... Someone needs to tell her that shoving her boobs in people's faces won't help though !

thisisaname
Stalker
Stalker

Post by thisisaname »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:Amelia isn't following any of the UK guidelines for sponsored products or ads. She needs to be an "AD" before every one of her videos, not just the bloody ta pax one (pun intended)!
Jo Malone - PR
SpaceNK - PR
Charlotte Tilbury - PR
Ok! 1st post, but I know the law on this well so posting. This is actually really incorrect.
You do NOT HAVE to put AD in the title. This is no where in the law. What it actually states is:
If a financial transaction has taken place you have to make this visible to the audience. You can do this in several ways:
1) Ad/sponsored/advertorial (these all mean very different things (I will get to that in a min) in the title
2) Put Ad/sponsored/advertorial in the 1st two lines of the description box
3) Make it obvious in the thumbnail

You only have to to one of these - and the wording can be different as it can very much depend on the content or the transaction taken place. Any "standard" that has been placed is not a legal one. It a guideline a few YouTube networks is setting since there has been a shake up in policy. In 99% none of the viewers understand this as they havent read the law, just hearsay and thats fine as it's not their business or work affected really.

An item that is gifted legally does not have to be disclosed. The reason for this is there is no requirement to feature it in any content. This is the creators choice and they can have a positive or negative review of the product. This is at the gifters choice. People can choose to disclose if say they were gifted a trip or something as it's more ethically right than a need to do so legally, but the creator is in their right not to as well. Every single thing everyone uses is marketed and thus sometimes creators get free stuff... but you can bet they actually like it if they are not being paid to use it, and not using it because it was free. Creators get A LOT of free stuff and most of it never features because its junk.

Affiliate links (links where a user makes like a penny should you purchase something using that link) should be disclosed either with a link to a users policy or in the description. Just somewhere. This is often forgotten but not as a ploy to trick the user... just people rush to write descriptions.

Sponsored or Ad means: a financial transaction took place but the usually creator can make anything they want to include the product (and typically is only taken on if the creator would have used it anyway). Most creators do this as it means they can do what they want with a product they like and be paid and make a living doing so. This is not selling out or wrong. It's business. Creators have more control than magazines do in this instance making them worth more as their is an unspoken trust between viewer and creator that they endorse this not just because of the money, but they would use it.

Advertorial: Is where the client has a LOT editorial control over what the creator says in their content and was paid. It could have been scripted or they were told what they had to say and controlled the content. THIS IS MORE UNCOMMON with youtubers and extremely common on television and all magazines are made out of a lot of these.

Hope that clears things up for uk ad laws.

teadrunk
Talker
Talker

Post by teadrunk »

This is often forgotten but not as a ploy to trick the user... just people rush to write descriptions.
Mhmm, sure. Okay. :roll:
Sponsored or Ad means: a financial transaction took place but the usually creator can make anything they want to include the product (and typically is only taken on if the creator would have used it anyway).
Only if the creator would have used it anyway? Right. Just like those ridiculously expensive Foreo toothbrushes that both Amelia and Estee tried shilling last year, that I doubt either of them used more than once. And a whole bunch of other products that were sent to them, mentioned once and never used again.

The information about the ad rules & regulations you have is correct. She doesn't have to denote "AD" anywhere for PR products and samples. But LOL at some of your statements above. I have a hard time believing that a youtuber (or creator as you called them), is NOT going to try and feature the products that were sent to them from well-known brands. Like, charlotte tilbury, for example. These youtubers/creators are going to want to foster good relationships with these brands, so of course it's going to influence what they'll say about the free products that were sent to them, in hopes of more lucrative deals with the brands in the future.

So while they don't have to state that what they're using are PR samples, it's shady when they don't.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

She looked really rather bemused at the whole cooking lark

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

sugarpeaches123 wrote:
kowabunga wrote:Does she ever not look like a hooker?
:rofl: Her fashion sense is so awful and all over the place. She doesn't seem to know who she really is or wants to be, and it is reflected in the things she wears!
Yes! And it's such a shame, because she can actually afford to have nice clothes, but she's got no sense of style what so ever...
Jo Malone - PR
SpaceNK - PR
Charlotte Tilbury - PR
I'm not too familiar with the UK guidelines and requrements, but vlogging a PR-event isn't really the same thing as a sponsored video, isn't it?

English is not my first language

teadrunk
Talker
Talker

Post by teadrunk »

Lol, and today's vlog was another PR event.... Burberry with her mom. :roll:

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

What I dont get is how unconstistent she is with her style. Sometimes she just looks polished and then out of nowhere her boobs are on vacation, it's stripper look time. What is WRONG with her!?

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

Maybe that's her idea of rebellion ("I may be a rich girl but I can still look cheap!").

Or she thinks that dressing sexy means you have to shove whatever you have into everyone's face.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

BlackHearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BlackHearted »

How is she getting away with that Burberry "vleek" not being an ad?

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

konfetit wrote:How is she getting away with that Burberry "vleek" not being an ad?
Exactly my point. 2 makeovers, 2 gifted engraved perfume bottles, AND 2 Burberry scarves. Image

teadrunk
Talker
Talker

Post by teadrunk »

youtubewatcher1 wrote:
konfetit wrote:How is she getting away with that Burberry "vleek" not being an ad?
Exactly my point. 2 makeovers, 2 gifted engraved perfume bottles, AND 2 Burberry scarves.
Those were gifts/PR. She wasn't paid to make the video (i.e. there was no contract or money exchange saying she HAD to make that video) although I'm sure there was some unspoken understanding that for an invitation to this event and the free swag that she would record her visit, but nothing explicitly agreed upon.

It's really similar to when celebrities are invited to events/given swag bags full of goodies from companies in the hopes that their presence at the event will encourage us average folk to want to buy items from the company. Or if the celebrity likes one of the free goodies (like a watch, for example) and that the celebrity will wear it. But since there is no actual contract, and the celeb doesn't HAVE to wear it....it's kinda free game. This is how I view the vlogs where these youtubers go to these events and get free stuff. It's just a way around the advertising laws. It's bullshit, but legal.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I'm going to follow poor vloggers from now on. Vloggers with no teeth. They need the money. She doesn't. :D

Return to “Amelia Liana”