Thatcher Joe

Jasmine S

Re: Thatcher Joe

Post by Jasmine S »

Ya and while I believe Alfie genuinely enjoys meeting his fans, at the end of the day he's promoting something he had very little input into. Wasn't there a vlog where he "forgot" about an autograph page? Joe will also have his turn to promote his graphic novel he didn't write. But there's a reason why he climbed to 4 M subscribers way faster than Alfie did. He is creating his own success and not riding off of Zoe's. I have seen comments where people say they only watch Alfies vlogs to see Zoe.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Cheesey »

Ew let's move the Aflie discussion to Alfies thread.

Now that Day 1 of Coachella has happened, how many girls do you think Joe fingered?

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

Sorry!! I'm done :)

Also eww lol.

knee_svcks
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by knee_svcks »

Jasmine S wrote: Anyway I found Oli's vlog to be soooo cringy. He was obviously quite drunk and I also don't like how he is starting to talk like Joe - that could get annoying very fast. I think Joe is much better at showing enough of his party side without it being awkward. Watching Oli's vlog was like being the sober one at the party.
I agree. I feel like Oli is forcing himself to copy Joe's way of speech, his mannerisms, etc. because Oli is not confident in himself, or admires Joe and wants to be seen as "cool". What initially made me like Joe and Oli's friendship was because of how different they were, but now it's like Oli is trying to be a carbon copy of our dear thatcher.

He is even starting to style his hair like Joe's! Oli, please be yourself again. :(

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

Oli you are the disgruntled Shark, and that's why we like you. We already have a Joe and we don't need another one.

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

knee_svcks wrote:
Jasmine S wrote: Anyway I found Oli's vlog to be soooo cringy. He was obviously quite drunk and I also don't like how he is starting to talk like Joe - that could get annoying very fast. I think Joe is much better at showing enough of his party side without it being awkward. Watching Oli's vlog was like being the sober one at the party.
I agree. I feel like Oli is forcing himself to copy Joe's way of speech, his mannerisms, etc. because Oli is not confident in himself, or admires Joe and wants to be seen as "cool". What initially made me like Joe and Oli's friendship was because of how different they were, but now it's like Oli is trying to be a carbon copy of our dear thatcher.

He is even starting to style his hair like Joe's! Oli, please be yourself again. :(
But don't you think it could be because Joe's mannerisms just rub off on Oli? I mean, i know i tend to pick up stuff from other people, when they have a very distinct way of talking or something. Or... of course you could be right as well, maybe he is trying to somewhat copy Joe. Or it could be a mix of the two things..

Red22
Learner
Learner

Post by Red22 »

ElizabethMarks wrote:
knee_svcks wrote:

But don't you think it could be because Joe's mannerisms just rub off on Oli? I mean, i know i tend to pick up stuff from other people, when they have a very distinct way of talking or something. Or... of course you could be right as well, maybe he is trying to somewhat copy Joe. Or it could be a mix of the two things..
yeah I agree, whenever I spend a lot of time with a new friend I definitely start to sound like them. We all do that I think!

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Cupcake Warpaint wrote:Oli you are the disgruntled Shark, and that's why we like you. We already have a Joe and we don't need another one.
Disgruntled shark lmaoo

I like him the way he is too. He's like a male version of me lol

aggg17
Learner
Learner

Post by aggg17 »

I agree, he totally puts on a Joe's act in his latest vlog. But then again, I guess we all take on mannerisms of our friends subconsciously.

BTW how come Oli never heard of AC/DC??

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

I thought he was being sarcastic with the whole AC/DC thing. Also, if you're really not into their music I can see why not. I've heard of them but couldn't tell you one song they sing, and it boils down to them not being my music style. I know the name and that's it, I might have heard some songs and not know who they belong to though so maybe I do know more after all. Doubt it though.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

Yeah I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic, because he genuinely couldn't recall the name of the band. With that being said, I highly doubt Alexa Losey is as into them as she made it seem. And if Oli had been embarrassed of not knowing who they are, he could've cut out that clip - it was his vlog, after all.

Yes, I agree we all adopt our friends' mannerisms. BUT this is definitely a "lads" trip, and if you look at most of the pictures being posted, it's Joe, Caspar and a bunch of girls. Oli would do much better if he was confident in who he is - why would anyone go for someone who acts like Joe, when the real thing is right there? And even if he doesn't care about meeting girls while in California, I am suuuure Joe finds it annoying, even if only a little bit. I could be wrong though, but only a couple vlogs in and the dynamic seems a bit off.

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

can someone tell me what this savannah girls twitter is? i really wanna see if joe goes back for seconds or finds another girl lmao :D

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

nicoleebxo wrote:can someone tell me what this savannah girls twitter is? i really wanna see if joe goes back for seconds or finds another girl lmao :D
savannah rogue, you'll know you've found her cos she looks like a kylie jenner/nick jonas hybrid, but in a pretty yet trashy way.

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

Cheesey wrote:
nicoleebxo wrote:can someone tell me what this savannah girls twitter is? i really wanna see if joe goes back for seconds or finds another girl lmao :D
savannah rogue, you'll know you've found her cos she looks like a kylie jenner/nick jonas hybrid, but in a pretty yet trashy way.
Looks like shes going to coachella next weekend! Is Joe doing next weekend too?

Red22
Learner
Learner

Post by Red22 »

tbh I think it's kind of sad how some of you are talking about these girls and judging them, I don't think they've done anything to deserve that.
So what if they kind of like the attention from the very popular british youtbers they've made friends with? I'd be excited about it too and sharing it on social media.
We literally don't know anything about them and from the vlogs they seem to be good friends with Joe and Caspar.
whether they hook up or whatever it doesn't really matter.. and us judging them based on very very small bits of information is not really fair imo
It's kind of the bad attitude that girls have towards other girls that is very negative, disrespectful and competitive

Anyway that's just my opinion, maybe some of you know a little bit more about their situation than I do but this is just what I'm seeing on the surface.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

I don't think anyone is saying anything bad about Alexa/Brit/any of the other girls they're hanging out with. In fact most would agree that Brit is really cool.

Savannah (who is NOT with them at coachella) caught our attention last time they were in LA because she tweeted PICTURES FROM HIS BED. To me that's trashy. Now she's old news...honestly I know I kinda started it but she is clearly not on Joe's radar anymore so there's really no point in paying her anymore attention.

Red22
Learner
Learner

Post by Red22 »

Jasmine S wrote:I don't think anyone is saying anything bad about Alexa/Brit/any of the other girls they're hanging out with. In fact most would agree that Brit is really cool.

Savannah (who is NOT with them at coachella) caught our attention last time they were in LA because she tweeted PICTURES FROM HIS BED. To me that's trashy. Now she's old news...honestly I know I kinda started it but she is clearly not on Joe's radar anymore so there's really no point in paying her anymore attention.
ohhh okay cool, that's fair enough then :)

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

I love Alexa and Brit tbh I would totally hang out with them.

And I ship Joe with them both :?

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

Cheesey wrote:I love Alexa and Brit tbh I would totally hang out with them.

And I ship Joe with them both :?
alexa losey? or is there another alexa?

hawkeye
Debater
Debater

Post by hawkeye »

I just noticed Joe talks openly about drinking alcohol, yet Casper is over in Joey Graceffa's Coachella vlog yelping and hiding his Corona. (6.12 mins mark)

I went to Coachella and it was a hugeeeee weekend, I was barely standing by the end of it, but I was doing full festival days, it looks like they're turning up quite fashionably late and missing so much! I guess Oli doesn't know any of the bands anyway.

Return to “Thatcher Joe”