BananaJamana

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
SaveItForARainyDay
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BananaJamana

Post by SaveItForARainyDay »

fairylit wrote:Can we talk about the wedding? It was one of the biggest hot messes I've ever seen!

I actually liked the wedding. It was very unique and thought out.

I do support her and Tom's relationship, since they seem to be quite happy, and I hope they are.

But it's like they're trying too hard to be this cute 'goals' couple when it's actually really cringe worthy. I instantly think of that pointless video with the egg cracking over each other's heads. We didn't even see what they were playing or doing. It was purely there so she could show how 'cute' there relationship is. They're just so dull and boring in reality.

They've even made a joint YouTube account? I don't see why anyone would subscribe.

fairylit
Learner
Learner

Post by fairylit »

Wholly disagree about the wedding. I can't get on board with adults and Disney, and those cheap costumes as bridesmaid dresses were an abomination.

That being said, I've got no hard feelings about the relationship at all. Good luck to them - I just think their taste is awful.

Ispeakforthetrees
Learner
Learner

Post by Ispeakforthetrees »

Apart from the bridesmaids weird dresses (hedy dressed in an actual costume for one) I liked the wedding.
And did anyone see Toms valentine video for Evans project? She clung onto him like she was threatened.

SaveItForARainyDay
Learner
Learner

Ispeakforthetrees wrote:Apart from the bridesmaids weird dresses (hedy dressed in an actual costume for one) I liked the wedding.
And did anyone see Toms valentine video for Evans project? She clung onto him like she was threatened.
I get the impression that she's really clingy, probably because of her self-confidence. I don't think the relationship will last long. She really needs to work on her confidence, particularly with her choosing to be such an online figure.

SaveItForARainyDay
Learner
Learner

[tweet][/tweet]

So she found this. She must have sought it out, as this isn't very active, really.

I don't get YouTubers that tweet stuff like that, this is a gossip website, so they should know what to expect when they click it. Most people aren't even being hostile/harsh, just telling the truth. This just proves what everyone in this thread has said about her seeking validation on the internet. I find it really upsetting that she must've been searching for hate comments or such. I haven't tried to sound horrible to her at all, since I do believe she is really talented. All that's been said is (clearly the obvious now) that she needs to work on her low self-confidence before putting herself out there. She clearly counted on getting tweets of support/recognition from people.

Ispeakforthetrees
Learner
Learner

Post by Ispeakforthetrees »

SaveItForARainyDay wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

So she found this. She must have sought it out, as this isn't very active, really.

I don't get YouTubers that tweet stuff like that, this is a gossip website, so they should know what to expect when they click it. Most people aren't even being hostile/harsh, just telling the truth. This just proves what everyone in this thread has said about her seeking validation on the internet. I find it really upsetting that she must've been searching for hate comments or such. I haven't tried to sound horrible to her at all, since I do believe she is really talented. All that's been said is (clearly the obvious now) that she needs to work on her low self-confidence before putting herself out there. She clearly counted on getting tweets of support/recognition from people.
lmao nobody here has been that horrid for a long time. There's hardly anything here. Maybe she saw that other youtubers are mentioning guru gossip more so felt the need to join in idk

tinycarousels
Talker
Talker

Post by tinycarousels »

I saw these tweets too, and wasn't surprised by them. Like in my earlier posts on her thread- she's found this thread before. Hence why she posted back then "people are saying me and Tom are cringy :(" or whatever, which was word for word what someone said on here. Don't know why she's trying to play it off like she's just now seen this thread. Like you said, she searches for it and then posts about it on Twitter, hoping to get likes and stuff. I love that in her next tweet after this one she said "I'm laughing about it and am so confident right now ^__^" or w/e. It's like, you're clearly not if you go searching for your own Gossip thread. That's the biggest contradiction tbh. If you're so confident you wouldn't, and shouldn't even feel the need to go search for critical comments on a thread about you. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt if she was super popular like Zoella or something and fans directed her to it or w/e. But unless you post in this thread or have before, you have literally go searching for it. It's not on the popular section on the home-page. And, if I'm not mistaken you have to be logged in to view the forum, or any forum now. So, she must have an account on here. :| Why go to such lengths if you're "so confident"? I think she's a sweet girl, but her confidence is clearly not there.

SaveItForARainyDay
Learner
Learner

tinycarousels wrote:

I saw these tweets too, and wasn't surprised by them. Like in my earlier posts on her thread- she's found this thread before. Hence why she posted back then "people are saying me and Tom are cringy :(" or whatever, which was word for word what someone said on here. Don't know why she's trying to play it off like she's just now seen this thread. Like you said, she searches for it and then posts about it on Twitter, hoping to get likes and stuff. I love that in her next tweet after this one she said "I'm laughing about it and am so confident right now ^__^" or w/e. It's like, you're clearly not if you go searching for your own Gossip thread. That's the biggest contradiction tbh. If you're so confident you wouldn't, and shouldn't even feel the need to go search for critical comments on a thread about you. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt if she was super popular like Zoella or something and fans directed her to it or w/e. But unless you post in this thread or have before, you have literally go searching for it. It's not on the popular section on the home-page. And, if I'm not mistaken you have to be logged in to view the forum, or any forum now. So, she must have an account on here. :| Why go to such lengths if you're "so confident"? I think she's a sweet girl, but her confidence is clearly not there.
Agree so much!

She also said she was being sarcastic about that confident tweet, too. Why would you write that in the first place if it was a lie, then? She could've just left it, not telling a young fan that it was sarcastic. She'd have looked better if she acted as if she didn't care, instead of craving people to comment on it. Young people following her must be constantly pulled down by her negativity, and think writing stuff like that is the way to get attention and noticed.

Yeah, you definitely need an account to view things on here now. Maybe she wanted an ego boost, as in she wanted people to be praising her in here, so she could get the confidence boost/validation she yearns for.

Litchee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Litchee »

What did she tweet exactly? Does anyone have a screenshot? It's deleted now.
But yeah, to be honest I was sure she still followed this thread. Anyone who's that insecure and reliant on what people think of her would read it obsessively. And I kinda wanted to say what I had to say because I think she needs to hear it, but I didn't want to post it under one of her videos.

fairylit
Learner
Learner

Post by fairylit »

I saw her at Comic Con a few weekends ago. She was really much prettier in person - YouTube isn't doing her justice!

RadrabbitZo
Learner
Learner

Post by RadrabbitZo »

I wish she would post more videos! She just bought a house with Tom and that's so exciting for them! Are they living in the US or UK?

CrImSoNxSaPpHiRe
Stalker
Stalker

Post by CrImSoNxSaPpHiRe »

U.K.

SushiRollo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SushiRollo »

Honestly I really love her art and her personality, she seems like a very sweet girl. I've watched her since she first uploaded the Carrie Fletcher painting. The only thing that I REALLY find cringey is that Tom comments on all of her videos with things like "I love you, this art is beautiful and I don't know where to put it lol! You mean so much to me xxxxxx" and it's like, why don't you just say that to each other in person? It really feels like they're both just looking for attention, but especially Tom. I'm not sure if she does it on his videos because I don't watch him.

Also, the fact that they got married after not even a year of dating is really alarming to me. Yes, I'm aware long distance is SUPER hard, my boyfriend of 3 years and I haven't gotten married yet, even though that's pretty much our only option to live together, but to get married when you've hardly spent time together is just really... strange...
If they feel like they know each other, that's fine, but when you're that age (Jamie and I are the same age btw) you may end up changing your mind and I think that's something they really should've considered before getting married. That being said, they obviously know their relationship and I'm just seeing what's on my side of the screen. Idk

BrendenSmall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BrendenSmall »

I saw a comment on one of her videos recently where someone was talking about how she couldn't have kids?
Is that true?
It's kind of horrible if someone is making it up and actually probably a lot worse if it isn't just a rumor because I don't think she or tom have ever stepped out and said anything about it.
It's kind of rude of people to intrude on something like that imo.

GOONMIDNIGHT
Lurker
Lurker

Post by GOONMIDNIGHT »

heyitslee wrote:Honestly I really love her art and her personality, she seems like a very sweet girl. I've watched her since she first uploaded the Carrie Fletcher painting. The only thing that I REALLY find cringey is that Tom comments on all of her videos with things like "I love you, this art is beautiful and I don't know where to put it lol! You mean so much to me xxxxxx" and it's like, why don't you just say that to each other in person? It really feels like they're both just looking for attention, but especially Tom. I'm not sure if she does it on his videos because I don't watch him.

Also, the fact that they got married after not even a year of dating is really alarming to me. Yes, I'm aware long distance is SUPER hard, my boyfriend of 3 years and I haven't gotten married yet, even though that's pretty much our only option to live together, but to get married when you've hardly spent time together is just really... strange...
If they feel like they know each other, that's fine, but when you're that age (Jamie and I are the same age btw) you may end up changing your mind and I think that's something they really should've considered before getting married. That being said, they obviously know their relationship and I'm just seeing what's on my side of the screen. Idk
Her and Tom got married with less than a year of dating, but a UK fiancé visa requires you to have been dating 2??? How did they do it? Me and my fiancé are in the same boat and we are applying in January and we've been dating 3 years.

eyecandy017
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by eyecandy017 »

I can't stand her, she acts like a child. I wonder what her actual voice sounds like. Her husband creeps me the hell out too. I feel like he's the kind who has a front of being a nice guy but actually abuses women.
"I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things." -Leslie Knope :love2:

Parsley
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Parsley »

The bubbly act is so friggin annoying. She's like a toddler.
Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

ladyandtramplove
Debater
Debater

Post by ladyandtramplove »

She is actually one of the only youtubers I can still stand to watch because her content is consistently quality and entertaining, she actually has a cool talent.

Reprimand
Informer
Informer

Post by Reprimand »

Although I think she could be more confident there is nothing I could critique about Jamie: she cares for others, she has no sense of arrogance or superiority unlike other YouTubers, her videos are all great and she did her VEBDA perfectly. And she always has enough variation in her videos showing thought and effort. Wish more were like her

Reprimand
Informer
Informer

Post by Reprimand »

Did anyone catch her latest vid and why she took it down? She says on Twitter people didn't take it right

Return to “A-M”