Frey Life Part 4: Adoption Fast n Furious - Grifter Style

Nerdyandiknowit
Talker
Talker

Re: Frey Life Part 4: Adoption Fast n Furious - Grifter Style

Post by Nerdyandiknowit »

Anyone else think their baby was having a reaction to something in todays video. His face seemed swollen and red, especially around the eyes. Poor little guy looked very uncomfortable. It may be nothing but it didn’t look like redness from being warm or just normal redness.

ILUVGossip
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by ILUVGossip »

I think he looks warm and smashed again Mary. I think he would love a stroller ride at his age. It does look odd. Babies this age love to look around and take in the world around them. It seems like he is very still. Most babies his age a moving around. MakeLemonade. Thank you for letting me know. I never noticed the details surrounding his birth.

ILUVGossip
Learner
Learner

Post by ILUVGossip »

His face looked red on todays VLOG and his eyes looked teared. I wonder if he has allergies? I cannot believe how careless he was while glueing a piece back on the deck. He could bring out a Pack N Play while staining the deck or while using glue. Wait until he gets into everything. They will have to clean up their stuff laying around so Elijah doesn't get hurt. When he starts walking he will get into everything.

Nerdyandiknowit
Talker
Talker

Yeah I think he must have allergies. I really hope they notice and bring it up to his pediatrician. Poor thing must be so uncomfortable and hopefully they notice and his pediatrician can get him some relief.

I agree that the fence post was ridiculous. It wasn’t super noticeable before he “fixed” but looked terrible afterwards. Also trying to vlog, balance baby, and glue something together at the same time is a recipe for disaster. Peter is lucky he didn’t get glue all over the baby and himself or, much worse, drop the baby. I also wondered why Peter stained and sealed the board BEFORE cutting it. He is just going to have to stain and seal the end again… unless I am missing something.

GrandmaBB
Learner
Learner

Post by GrandmaBB »

Why on Mary's IG account is she on a Hospital Bed and she has a yellow Falls Prevention bracelet on. (if she did not break something why the FP bracelet) Sorry, I don't have an IG account so I can only see the picture but not the comments.

edithfrances
Learner
Learner

Post by edithfrances »

GrandmaBB wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:05 pm
Why on Mary's IG account is she on a Hospital Bed and she has a yellow Falls Prevention bracelet on. (if she did not break something why the FP bracelet) Sorry, I don't have an IG account so I can only see the picture but not the comments.
It looks like she must have had a routine endoscopy and another minor procedure. She was happy to wake from anaesthesia without coughing and gasping, which is nice.

PixieWithFangs
Learner
Learner

Post by PixieWithFangs »

GrandmaBB wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:05 pm
They often put fall prevention bracelets on anyone who might be groggy even or have balance or dizziness or any host of reasons why they might need a bit of extra help. It doesn't mean you've broken anything.

Hayley11188
Debater
Debater

Post by Hayley11188 »

I’m shocked to see them spend money on the swim classes but i hope they keep them up. I take my son to that same franchise and it’s REALLY nice and fun, but it’s $125/month. I’m guessing that money came from the adoption donation fund or they got some sort of free trial. I really hope they continue them though, it’s so fun for the babies

ILUVGossip
Learner
Learner

Post by ILUVGossip »

Does it seem like Elijah holds his tongue out a lot? I wonder if he has tongue tie or something else.

Nerdyandiknowit
Talker
Talker

I was surprised they were doing swimming lessons so early. Most of the stuff I read recommended at least 6 months (though some did say 4-6 months was fine as long as baby had neck control). The biggest concern is heat loss. At first I was very concerned as Mary said she wasn’t sure if they would need a towel… but thankfully they did wrap him up after swimming.

I don’t think the tongue is caused by being tongue tied. His mouth might be too small or it just might be a habit/reflex that he will grow out of eventually. I don’t know enough about the genetic conditions that cause it so I don’t even want to speculate on that… although it would explain how they got a baby so quickly.

OhDearMe
Lurker
Lurker

Post by OhDearMe »

Looks like they are doing swim lessons so they can bring the kid on the boat. I hope that everyone who contributed to the adoption is good with these two living a fancier life than most.

Hayley11188
Debater
Debater

Post by Hayley11188 »

Nerdyandiknowit wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:11 am
I was surprised they were doing swimming lessons so early. Most of the stuff I read recommended at least 6 months (though some did say 4-6 months was fine as long as baby had neck control). The biggest concern is heat loss. At first I was very concerned as Mary said she wasn’t sure if they would need a towel… but thankfully they did wrap him up after swimming.

I don’t think the tongue is caused by being tongue tied. His mouth might be too small or it just might be a habit/reflex that he will grow out of eventually. I don’t know enough about the genetic conditions that cause it so I don’t even want to speculate on that… although it would explain how they got a baby so quickly.
The pools at this franchise are heated, which is probably why they take 4 month olds. Not hot tub warm, just warm bath like.

edithfrances
Learner
Learner

Post by edithfrances »

So, they start a GoFundMe to pay for the speedy baby delivery service, but they have the funds for a new boat? :roll:

Mary is really jacking up the theatrics to keep the attention on her in this episode. Lots of silly leaping and fake interviews, etc. I'm not done yet, but I'm sure there will be a broadway song before it's done. I'm voting for a jaunty rendition of "Anchors Aweigh!"

MakeLemonade
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeLemonade »

They didn't get a new boat, they purchased a 51 year old boat that Peter found for sale, and he said it's "cheap, but runs fine." That's different than their last boat, which wasn't brand new either, but was a lot more modern than this one.

Mary mentioned they got 3x what they paid for the last boat when they sold it a year ago.

If they paid more than $2K for this old boat, I'd be surprised.

This is not lifestyles of the rich & famous, unless you covet a 51 yr old small boat that will need upkeep and probably some upgrades. Certainly not anything I'd want to have.

MakeLemonade
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeLemonade »

This is the boat they bought. 1971 model.

OhDearMe
Lurker
Lurker

Post by OhDearMe »

Doesn't really matter how old the boat is... The fact that they had the nerve to beg money from people to adopt, and now they have the extra dosh to do with as they please (upkeep, GAS, etc) is what frosts my cookie. I am just glad that I never gave them a cent.

GrandmaBB
Learner
Learner

Post by GrandmaBB »

OhDearMe wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:53 pm
Doesn't really matter how old the boat is... The fact that they had the nerve to beg money from people to adopt, and now they have the extra dosh to do with as they please (upkeep, GAS, etc) is what frosts my cookie. I am just glad that I never gave them a cent.

Absolutely, It's just not the boat, it's all the other things they have bought. Just remember what P.T. Barnum said, I'm just glad that I am not one of these people!!

edithfrances
Learner
Learner

Post by edithfrances »

OhDearMe wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:53 pm
Exactly. If they had been upfront during the beg-for-money that perhaps any leftover funds would be donated to a fund for other adoptive families in need, or maybe even Elijah's college fund? But to spend it on something so non-essential as a boat? It laughs in the face of the donators who gave their hard earned money to help them pay for their baby, not boating on the lake.

Or if they did decide to get this necessary boat, keep it to themselves. They don't have to share everything, and they certainly don't share everything, which is fine. We never would have been the wiser.

I think it's disrespectful to the people who donated for the baby.

Some might say, "They paid for this with their own funds." I would reply that if they had the funds set aside for a boat, and insurance, and trailer, and upkeep, then they had MORE money to put towards paying for their baby THEMSELVES and did not need the sales pitch to their YouTube fans.

MakeLemonade
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeLemonade »

Of course they grifted $$$$ to get others to pay for the adoption; wasn't that clear from day 1?

It just seems weird to now get butt-hurt over this item vs all the other ways they spend money and have been doing since the givememoney campaign. Multiple trips, all the crap they buy, the clothes, all the baby things, the list is endless. They get paid sponsorships, but needed the Internet to buy a baby for them? The spending will continue, and people who are gullible will give them money, and they won't be open and transparent about any of it.

Peter should get a job, but he won't.

Nerdyandiknowit
Talker
Talker

I’m a little shocked they bought a boat because of the costs associated with owning a boat (not the boat itself). What is that old adage… only thing more expensive than buying a boat is owning a boat… or something like that. I’m sure they make enough to live off of, but they don’t have the viewership to live large. Most sponsorships are based on your channel size and they are on the lower end of getting sponsors at all. I would imagine they make about $30,000 a year. Definitely livable if you are frugal and have your house paid off, but still quite tight for a family.

It was interesting watching Mary interact with her friend’s kids. She seemed very excited to have a playmate. I also could practically see the girl die a little inside when Mary was trying to describe Lisa Frank. Mary is definitely stuck back in elementary and middle school.

Return to “Frey Life”