Thoughts?

CheshireCat
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SO I'M FAT

Post by CheshireCat »

Okay so I just finished watching it. Love how she blames all her weight problems on birth control although she said she was overweight before it and eats unhealthy. Okay.

holly1414
Debater
Debater

Post by holly1414 »

She's just a walking contradiction.

A couple months ago she claimed she was a size ten and that she ate healthy "most of the time"

Now she's saying she BARELY fits into a size 12 and her diet consists of mostly unhealthy foods.

Its fine that she's gotten heavier but why all the lies?

Also I think there was ONE comment on her last video simply asking if she had put on some weight. I didn't see any others, not even on her chrachel cooks video in which it was more obvious. All her other quotes came directly from here and yet she is acting like all these comments she's been getting are on her videos. Bitch please. She made the video to get sympathy and views with an eye catching title. So I guess us pointing out her weight gain inevitably led to her making a video that's getting 20k views which means a lot more money for rachy! So I guess the joke is on us.

Bottom line, can we stop taking about this bitch's weight and move on to more important topics like her horrible personality? :)

glittapaint
Learner
Learner

Post by glittapaint »

elloitsgello
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by elloitsgello »

She had to put out the video because the public has been giving her flack for her weight, which is disgusting tbh. She has to justify eating a fucking cupcake to you guys? Okay. ALRIGHT. I FORGOT YA'LL WERE JESUS CHRIST.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

She doesn't have to do anything, It's her own choice to treat tumblr and YouTube like its her personal diary or something. And laughing at that amputee and putting her in YouTube was way more disgusting than anything that's been said on here about Rachel. We don't give a fuck if she eats a cupcake. But most people will point out its probably all the shit "crachel cooks" and not the pill.

thelonelypotato
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by thelonelypotato »

I honestly used to not like Rachel very much but this video made me cry so hard. I struggled with my weight for the longest time too and birth control and depression made me bloat and gain crazy amounts of weight. I never thought I'd say this, but this video made me really respect her as a person. :?

guiltygossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by guiltygossiper »

thelonelypotato wrote:I honestly used to not like Rachel very much but this video made me cry so hard. I struggled with my weight for the longest time too and birth control and depression made me bloat and gain crazy amounts of weight. I never thought I'd say this, but this video made me really respect her as a person. :?
I used to have weight issues too (and struggle with an ED now), but the video still rubbed me the wrong way. If you're putting yourself out there on the internet, you are going to get all sorts of pathetic comments (especially on youtube, where the comments section is famous for being stupid). She's so proud of being a "big name" and having so many followers, but the annoying comments and rude questions are part of fame, especially internet fame.

stopthat
Debater
Debater

Post by stopthat »

I don't think it's fair that she wants people to feel bad for her considering all the shit she talks about other people. I don't care about her weight, but I do think she's not putting enough responsibility on herself.

Sticky Gloss
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sticky Gloss »

I dunno, I had the feeling she was being genuine and wanted to open up a bit. Honestly her depression is most likely the reason she's such a raging bitch half the time. I suffer from moderate depression and I have a really similar personality. I also "struggle" with weight issues (I'm around her size and I actually like my body so I guess its not a real struggle - but it hasn't always been that way). When you're sad and you feel negative about your body the easiest thing to do is make jokes and unfortunately a lot of the times people make jokes at other people's expenses. She said herself she generally just feels like everyone's fat funny friend, and trust me, as a bigger girl if you're not super funny or super sweet chances are you're not going to be liked by anyone. You don't get to have an average so-so personality because without either a bubbling personality or a witty sense of humor most people will just pass you over.

I think she just wanted to state the obvious that of course she knows she's big, and that she was too depressed over the last year to really work on it. At least she has tried at various points. I also think she wanted to stress the point that if you're feeling depressed crying about it online/to your boyfriend isn't enough and seeking help is your best option.

Oh my lets attack her over giving a positive message to her viewers for the sake of views. Who cares? If it helped a single person (even if its herself) then its worth a video and who gives a shit really.

I'm not even someone that likes her, I'm just saying I can't see why anyone would attack her over that video.
forever stuffin'

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

I don't care if she's a depressed fat bitch. She can be whatever she wants to be. But maybe if she's having all these problems, she should get to work on fixing them instead of sitting in front of a camera filming youtube videos and shit.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

Though I'm also hating on the 'Thin Privledge' blog she often reblogs, Rachel needs to stop acting like her weight issues are other peoples problems. Being an adult, which we already know is hard for Rachel to do, means accepting responsibility for your actions. Her actions led her to be what she is now. Don't blame it on thin people that you can't fit into the sizes offered at H&M, F21, etc. We already know she cannot accept responsibility for anything, so i dont know why I thought this would be different. She could barely accept responsibility for faking cancer, so why would she accept responsibility for being unhealthy. :roll:

Sticky Gloss
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sticky Gloss »

Chlorophyll wrote:I don't care if she's a depressed fat bitch. She can be whatever she wants to be. But maybe if she's having all these problems, she should get to work on fixing them instead of sitting in front of a camera filming youtube videos and shit.
She's seeing a therapist/counselor. How is that not working on fixing them? Honestly, youtube is her job so if she didn't "sit on her ass and film" she wouldn't be able to afford to fix her problems. I'm not defending her but honestly its as if you didn't even watch the video.
forever stuffin'

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

i do think rachel was being genuine in that video (although she should've changed BC earlier if it was really making her gain a lot of weight), but depression isn't an excuse for being an asshole. i know she's insecure, but the way she talks about other people, particularly her old friends, makes me feel like it isn't from her depression.

stopthat
Debater
Debater

Post by stopthat »

dafuckkk wrote:i do think rachel was being genuine in that video (although she should've changed BC earlier if it was really making her gain a lot of weight), but depression isn't an excuse for being an asshole. i know she's insecure, but the way she talks about other people, particularly her old friends, makes me feel like it isn't from her depression.
Especially considering that she has always talked about people like that. Ever since she first started tumblr and youtube she has, and she's continued to do it.

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

Does anyone else think it's weird that she always mentions wanting shavingryansprivates to follow her
Like she totally buys into the whole "tumblr famous" thing
It seems like she thinks she's entitled to all of these "tumblr famous" people following her because she's princess of the internet and she's so surprised that he doesn't

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

Sticky Gloss wrote:
Chlorophyll wrote:I don't care if she's a depressed fat bitch. She can be whatever she wants to be. But maybe if she's having all these problems, she should get to work on fixing them instead of sitting in front of a camera filming youtube videos and shit.
She's seeing a therapist/counselor. How is that not working on fixing them? Honestly, youtube is her job so if she didn't "sit on her ass and film" she wouldn't be able to afford to fix her problems. I'm not defending her but honestly its as if you didn't even watch the video.
The way she reacts to certain things makes me think that youtube and online communities is potentially toxic to her. It would probably be better for her to get a more stable/established form of income while she's fixing these issues.

I have to admit that I don't really pay attention to her as much as I do other gurus...is youtube her only source of income? Dang. I wouldn't be able to do that.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I've got to agree with Chlorophyll in the above post about having her whole life based on the internet not being healthy for her. I suffer from depression and my therapist actually told me it'd be a good idea to loosen up on Tumblr a little bit. I only have about 500 followers and I only joined in June, but I did used to spend ALL DAY there. Now I balance it between other things I do. I think it sounds way worse for Rachel, because she ties in her entire self-esteem and self worth into what people are saying, which I didn't do at all. So you can imagine what her therapist would be telling her! And of course, Rachel has a following and is being looked upon by people so there's the added pressure of that. Yeah, I'm sorry but it just doesn't sound like a stable way to live at all.

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

HattieChaos wrote:I've got to agree with Chlorophyll in the above post about having her whole life based on the internet not being healthy for her. I suffer from depression and my therapist actually told me it'd be a good idea to loosen up on Tumblr a little bit. I only have about 500 followers and I only joined in June, but I did used to spend ALL DAY there. Now I balance it between other things I do. I think it sounds way worse for Rachel, because she ties in her entire self-esteem and self worth into what people are saying, which I didn't do at all. So you can imagine what her therapist would be telling her! And of course, Rachel has a following and is being looked upon by people so there's the added pressure of that. Yeah, I'm sorry but it just doesn't sound like a stable way to live at all.
I can definitely vouch for this ^^ I used to spend all day on the computer, it got so bad that I actually got behind in my education and I had to take summer courses just to catch up. I've definitely lightened up my internet use since then. It definitely isn't healthy to use the internet as a source of escapism, which is exactly what I think Rachel is doing. If she had other things going on for her it would be fine, but her entire social life and source of income is on the computer, and it's obviously harming her mental health to the point where she's having breakdowns in front of a camera and uploading them to youtube.

dafuckkk
Informer
Informer

Post by dafuckkk »

ever since that beating a dead horse video, it's become clear that rachel really needs to take a break from youtube. she seemed to be a lot happier when she worked at starbucks AND youtube.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”