Bratayley : part 18 The Divorce Diary

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley : part 18 The Divorce Diary

Post by TheLoneStranger »

Does anyone know where I can see Jayden talk about leaving school early as well? I can't find it. Is it from the same online diploma mill? I wonder if Nick tries to send all their teen actors there to help the filming schedule? (And also remove the last layer of legal supervision for their teens on set.)

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Penn Foster can work.... depending on what it's intended for. I wouldn't trust it for high school accreditation though. If Annie/Jules decides one day that she wants to go to college, that "diploma" probably won't count towards being a high school graduate.

Jeez... this whole family had so much potential. What a trainwreck.
.......meow.......

bratguru12
Debater
Debater

Post by bratguru12 »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:35 pm
Does anyone know where I can see Jayden talk about leaving school early as well? I can't find it. Is it from the same online diploma mill? I wonder if Nick tries to send all their teen actors there to help the filming schedule? (And also remove the last layer of legal supervision for their teens on set.)

Not sure if its also Penn Foster, but it seems the same vibe.
Also odd that both Annie and Jayden graduated high school and got their licence around the same time.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

bratguru12 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:45 am
TheLoneStranger wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Not sure if its also Penn Foster, but it seems the same vibe.
Also odd that both Annie and Jayden graduated high school and got their licence around the same time.
Thank you! I can't tell either, but it certainly sounds like they are on the same master life plan. Kids don't just randomly "graduate high school" after only completing their Freshman year without some serious scheming. If Jayden was still in her school for industry kids, they wouldn't have "graduated" the same week from an online program part way though their Sophomore year.

It definitely seems like they both found out there was a way to get school off their plate in just a few months and made it happen together. I am just curious if this is an child star industry pushed thing, or a "Jules and Jayde" scheming thing. Do we know any other 16 yr old minor celebrities that just "graduated"? Or are they the only ones who have parents that don't give a damn about their kid's future? I guess Annie will never find out what "a measle is", why '9 x 0 = 0' or why people traveled the Oregon Trail now.

zyxwww
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by zyxwww »

Someone here mentioned that apparently Kenzie has graduated too? Is that also from this same bizarre online school/program? For some reason I'm more likely to believe that Kenzie graduated in a proper way, bc while Melissa is similar to Katie as mentioned above, I still think the Zieglers have a much better work ethic and ambition in academics and just in life in general, so I feel/hope Kenzie at least graduated from somewhere legit. I always thought Billy seemed fairly intelligent and knowledgable about stuff but I guess he's just not very pushy and didn't intervene for some reason about their schooling style throughout life, lol. Jayden was going to that pretty good school in person too, it sucks both girls didn't continue there, it seemed like a great place, and Jayden actually seemed pretty into school overall. I guess she got influenced by Annie and they pretty much agreed to do everything at the exact same time, the same way now lol. Lastly, yea that tiktok Jayden posted, like what ? That's so casual, I'm surprised. I honestly feel like they'll go through life now with a very limited span of general knowledge bc they just rushed the last 3 years of highschool...very easy way out.

cindigg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cindigg »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:44 pm
mzkitteh wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:17 pm

What IGTV did you see this from? It's not on Annie's. I'm just curious.
It is covered in the last 2 IGTVs on "Jules Leblanc". Apologies for being absent on the forum, I got sucked into the quick paced discussion on the GG Discord. Better to have things documented here though. We figured out she transferred to a notorious for profit online school called Penn Foster, where people look to obtain a high school diploma in 3-6 months by simply blasting through multiple choice tests. They claim to be fully accredited, but a series of bad reviews indicate that even community colleges and the US military are rejecting the diploma, telling students to get a GED and reapply. So essentially she dropped out at 16, by purchasing a worthless "diploma". She mentions being able to work more hours on set now though, and having time to film 21 takes of her weekly IGTV now!

https://www.BANNED/r/pennfoster/comment ... nn_foster/

This just sounds so fucked up. A fake diploma? Do Katie and Billy just not care about her future? Do you guys think that Hayley is gonna end up doing the same thing?

bratayleyundercover
Learner
Learner

Post by bratayleyundercover »

hi just wanted to ask, is anyone else having issues with the discord? i was able to access it earlier today but now it’s gone.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

The diploma is real, in the sense that the government won't go after you for truancy. It is just that colleges, employers and the military aren't accepting it as proof that you have learned a high school curriculum.

On the Discord, mine disappeared a few days ago....for GG and YTMD.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

The discord is apparently having issues. Idk why. The owner was having issues with other users who were mods on the discord before. Idk if they hacked it. It came back but a lot of the communities are gone. Bratayley was among them. Now it’s telling me to verify my identity on my phone to use and I’m a little confused by that.

But yes. The diploma is real but no one recognizes it as a legit high school diploma. Seeing as all you have to do is complete a certain amount of exams which are open book or in Annie’s case open Google, you can really rush through them and pass 11th and 12th grade in a matter of months. Idk how this is legal. But i guess It is. Either way, it’s going to royally screw them over in the future.

Jayden seemed to have a chance in the industry. Annie can’t do anything without Jayden. We’ve said for a while now that Annie needs a side kick. Mostly because she is not self motivated to do anything that isn’t taking photo’s for Instagram. If Jayden learned to drop the leech she calls her manifested BFF, she could probably keep working in the industry. She seems to be more driven and hard working. She also seems to want it more than Annie who just seems fine going for the ride but not actually doing the driving. Jayden could ruin a lot of her future if she keeps herself attached to Annie. If they keep trying to sell themselves as a pair after Side Hustle and Nickelodeon are done with them, she may find it hard to get taken seriously. Annie’s pretty much said herself and shown in her actions that she’s just there to do the work. She’s not looking for long term career. She’s just doing what she’s told. As for the diploma, i think It was Nickelodeon’s doing. If they were able to sweet talk both parents. Especially since Jayden’s family seems to be a little more normal than Katie and Billy. Katie has already stated she hated school and basically admitted she wouldn’t force them to do it if it wasn’t for those pesky laws. So that right there says she didn’t need much persuasion when presented with basically a legal out for Annie to not have to do school anymore.

Idk if i said this here or on the discord, but Katie must really think Annie is going to be in this industry forever, constantly booking jobs , if she thinks letting her cheat her way out of the last two years of high school is a good idea. Katie’s never really been a what about the future type of person and in the moment the diploma sounded like a sweet deal. After all, she never liked school to begin with. So being presented with this awesome way to get out of it? Absolutely. And if Annie is saying at 16 that she never wants to go to college, then why not take this easy route? After all, all Annie’s ever done is take the easy road. Idk how it makes sense to them that if Annie’s never worked for anything including a are necessity like a HS diploma, what makes them think that she’s going to be working long term in the hardest industry to find employment in? They must really be Beverly Hillbilly dumb if they honestly think her fame and her name is going to be booking her jobs while her talent stays at the level of over the top Nickelodeon acting and not real connections to characters that requires more out of you as an actor than just big and expressive faces and personality. She’s really going to be screwed in a few years when this industry looks at her and laughs. There’s far too much great talent in that city for Annie to honestly think that all she needs is her fame to keep booking her jobs. I guess She can keep putting out music as an independent artist but that gets expensive if you don’t know how to write, record and produce your own music. Otherwise, you’re looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars per recording session and assuming your audience will outgrow your auto tuned pop music, you will eventually be spending more than your making because no one told you that you had to actually work and put in effort into what you do. She’s sailed off the backs of her fans and one day they won’t there. And she’s going to have nothing left and nowhere to go. Hope that Tesla Y was worth it, Anns.

bcfc999
Learner
Learner

Post by bcfc999 »

zyxwww wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:04 pm
Someone here mentioned that apparently Kenzie has graduated too? Is that also from this same bizarre online school/program? For some reason I'm more likely to believe that Kenzie graduated in a proper way, bc while Melissa is similar to Katie as mentioned above, I still think the Zieglers have a much better work ethic and ambition in academics and just in life in general, so I feel/hope Kenzie at least graduated from somewhere legit. I always thought Billy seemed fairly intelligent and knowledgable about stuff but I guess he's just not very pushy and didn't intervene for some reason about their schooling style throughout life, lol. Jayden was going to that pretty good school in person too, it sucks both girls didn't continue there, it seemed like a great place, and Jayden actually seemed pretty into school overall. I guess she got influenced by Annie and they pretty much agreed to do everything at the exact same time, the same way now lol. Lastly, yea that tiktok Jayden posted, like what ? That's so casual, I'm surprised. I honestly feel like they'll go through life now with a very limited span of general knowledge bc they just rushed the last 3 years of highschool...very easy way out.
I'm pretty sure Kenzie graduated through a legit homeschooling program from the way she and Melissa have spoken about her education in the past. She's also taking college classes next semester, which I doubt she'd be able to do with this "qualification" and it also suggests she's interested in more than just the piece of paper.

I'm not surprised about Jules in the slightest, but I am surprised at Jayden. I can understand her not being interested in college at the moment but she's always seemed to have her head screwed on re the industry, her chances in it, the importance of education and back up plans etc. It's a short-sighted decision I wouldn't have expected from her (or her family). I really think she'll come to regret it.

ohmyheckahheck
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ohmyheckahheck »

Kenzie is totally legit. She has been a grade or two ahead in school for a while now so this is the right time for her to graduate. And during dance moms times, Melissa mentioned how Kenzie has always been very academically capable and much more than Maddie is. She’s actually taking some college classes now and I can’t imagine anyone rushing through a diploma mill to then take college classes.

I don’t think the Penn Foster thing is that strange for Hollywood kids. Dove Cameron’s mom wrote an article and did an interview with Cameron Boyce about the California Proficiency High School Exam, what a lot of these kids use to escape schooling: https://hometowntohollywood.com/the-chs ... t-not-all/ . I guess it’s a little surprising Annie and Katie bothered with a diploma rather than this lmao. Maybe because the exam is not open book. This lack of education is one of the things that makes child stars struggle so much when they stop getting roles. They can’t get hired but they also can’t function in traditional jobs because they have the maths and language comprehension skills of a 12-year-old.

What is going to kill Annie and Jayden’s friendship is the resentment that Jayden will build towards Annie for the way she is handed everything. Jayden has been in the industry for years, she has been on popular shows and seems to have a work ethic. But look where she is now, in exactly the same spot as Annie who has been handed a career. I would bet a million bucks that Nick wasn’t willing to hand either one of them an individual show and so they got bundled together: Annie just for the popularity, Jayden for actually having some experience. It must really bite at Jayden especially with how Annie’s name comes first in everything. It’s her world and everyone else just lives in it.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

It’s entirely possible they got lumped together from a business perspective. I think Something that none of these people realize is that Nickelodeon see’s many faces come in and out of that door for the 30+ years they’ve been in business. They don’t give a damn about Annie or Jayden. They see a business opportunity. A popular internet girl and a friend with experience. Annie wouldn’t have gotten a leading role on a Nickelodeon or Disney channel show alone. No amount of time on Brat would have molded her to be able to carry a show all by herself. She didn’t even carry Chicken Girls. It was mostly her little love interest in Hayden that kept her going. As soon as Hannie died, the show lasted a few more seasons but it was clear that Annie had begun the next journey of her career. Hannie carried Chicken Girls and The Jayde/Jules coupling is carrying her on Nickelodeon. But if you’re looking at the future, she’s not going to be Nickelodeon material forever. I mean if she wants to be the stupid character a’la Jerry whatever his name is (the brother on iCarly, he also was Crazy Steve on Drake and Josh). She can maybe play an over the top stupid comedic relief character because it’s not too difficult. But there seems to be some kind of idea that these girls are going to be solidly booking roles for the rest of their lives. Whether Jayden will or not is debatable. I would Have thought Chloe East would have had more chances than it seems she has had. She seemed more serious about her craft and actually was in acting classes and went to weekly improv classes. Sounds like a lot more than what Jayden and Jules are doing in their down time. Sounds like Annie is chilling in her trip room watching Netflix and idk what Jayden does. But it doesn’t appear that Annie is all that serious about her career. So i would think that Chloe who took it more seriously and wanted it more would have gone much further, but it doesn’t seem like she is doing a whole lot. Maybe doing some indie stuff, but nothing notable like a Netflix series or a prime time show (well she was on a prime time show but idk how well it did, it might have been cancelled). It really goes to show how cutthroat the real industry is. When you are taking your career seriously and still not booking big shows or movies. So for someone who is just coasting along like Annie is doing, she’s really going to be hurting when she’s not getting booked for roles because internet presence means literally nothing when a producer is looking for an actor to portray a very specific role. They know how successful shows can turn nobodies into A-listers overnight. They don’t care if you come in with 9 million followers. If you can’t act, they’ll find someone who can.

bratguru12
Debater
Debater

Post by bratguru12 »

Around 1:50 for Jayden talking about College and School

Not going to get into UCLA with no GPA and an online diploma, unless you go down the Jane Buckingham (Lilias mom, College admissions scandal) route and bribe your way in.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I don’t think college bribery will be a thing any day soon after the uproar that happened with Lilia’s mom and Lori Laughlin. So they may be screwed in that back up plan. UCLA is a hard school to get into. So not getting at least a bare minimum of a high school diploma is going to make it even harder to get into school. I wonder if even community college’s will acknowledge their fake diploma’s? This is honestly crazy and I’m interested to see what will happen to these girls in the next 5 years.

bratguru12
Debater
Debater

Post by bratguru12 »

The list of institutions that have accepted a Penn Foster online diploma doesn't make for great reading.
https://www.pennfoster.edu/high-school/ ... stitutions
(also, doesn't say what other qualifications the students may have held)

I'm guessing that neither Jayden or Annie have full knowledge on just how limiting their online qualifications are, especially if they think that UCLA is still a realistic option. Surely their parents or Nickelodeon would have let them know that fast forwarding school they way they did would close off most college opportunities.

It almost sounds like they were given misinformation about the worth of their diplomas, which is even worse.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Like I said, i don’t Think Nickelodeon cares about them outside of the hours and laws that they can work around to keep them on set longer. So if cheating their way out of school, this probably is not the first time they’ve done this with past cast members. But finding parents easy enough to sway to go along with it may be harder if the kid is still a minor. Since most parents know that this industry isn’t a safe bet, school is still an option for the future they may not be okay with cheating out of school. But since Katie is a checked out parent, they probably saw an opportunity to seize and they attacked it. Like I said, this isn’t their first rodeo. They care about their network before anything else. They aren’t looking out for Annie or Jayden’s best interest as long as they are bringing in the money. So would they advise them to stay in school? Not of it means having to lose 4 hours of filming time.

bratayleyundercover
Learner
Learner

Post by bratayleyundercover »

jayden posted a clip of a new original song she wrote. i think it’s pretty good. god i hope she goes down the music path instead of acting cause she really is very talented in songwriting

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

bratayleyundercover wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:23 pm
jayden posted a clip of a new original song she wrote. i think it’s pretty good. god i hope she goes down the music path instead of acting cause she really is very talented in songwriting
I wonder If she will lump herself with Annie as far as music goes. It says a lot that someone she was supposedly dating would not associate himself with her on a professional level. Like when he did red carpet events, he took his mom, he would vaguely answer questions in regards to if they would do any music together. He wasn’t really pushing her in a professional way, not even at professional events or in interviews but even on his social media, it wasn’t like they would post covers together or just seem like they ever did anything musical together. At most i think He taught her guitar. I remember In a livestream she was on and he tried to feature her and talk her into playing but she was like nooo i suuuck or whatever. But it never looked like he wanted to associate his professional career with hers and i think it speaks volumes to how he saw her on a professional level and that he put his image in the public eye above lumping himself with her as far as music goes.

I wonder If Jayden will also see the same lack of professionalism that Asher saw in her and decide that maybe this could be something that she did on her own and kept her out of. Or if she’s being the one to teach Annie to write music and how to sing and be her coach. I hope she realizes that Annie soars off the backs of people who do the work for her. Whether it’s directors giving her tips or learning to how to sing from her best friend. Either way, she seems to get herself ahead by other people doing the work for her. I think once Jayden realizes that she’s doing all the work for Annie to take all the glory, she will do exactly what Asher did and drop her from the professional career and do it on her own. Annie’s not working as much as her friends are but somehow has all the fame and glory that they have and that they’ve worked hard for.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

So now they’re highlighting Annie’s gymnastics in Side Hustle? Lmao. She really can’t play anything but herself.

agsl_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by agsl_ »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:48 pm
So now they’re highlighting Annie’s gymnastics in Side Hustle? Lmao. She really can’t play anything but herself.
Really? Odd considering she’s basically completely disassociated herself from being a gymnast. Where did you see it?

Return to “Bratayley”