The Try Guys - Part 2

breakfast-princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: The Try Guys - Part 2

Post by breakfast-princess »

Bringing this trainwreck back, poor Torian. Got to be in a video, and then all the pizzas were the same.
Have you been sleeping, Dale? You got kind of that county fair smell.

kz84
Informer
Informer

Post by kz84 »

I like Eugene but he's such a fucking try-hard sometimes. His constant need to point out how "dark" he is really grates my nerves. We get it, Eugene.. you're not like the other girls :roll:

Seriously, how old is he?? It's all so middle/high school edgelord wannabe of him. I don't think I know any other grown ass adult who behaves like this. I mean, I know of people who genuinely are what one would consider "dark" but they don't go around saying it and/or patting themselves on the back for it?? For example, my brother fits this - He is what you would call a darker personality. He is mysterious, brooding, aloof and yet deep, blah blah blah.. but he's just always been like that and has never made a show of it.

If you really are something, you don't need to state it. You just are.
It's like those girls who don't ever shut up about what a "badass bitch" they are. Sure you are, hun ;)

I do think Eugene is a more serious and thoughtful person, especially in that group of clowns, but he's so r/im14andthisisdeep about it lol

I notice when he describes himself in this way, the other guys look like they're inwardly rolling their eyes lol especially Ned :lol:

Tea87878
Learner
Learner

Post by Tea87878 »

sillywhippet wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:19 pm
I think the clickbait/silly/without a recipe type videos are probably what allow them to make the more serious, expensive videos. I enjoy the serious videos but think I've probably just aged out of most the stuff they're making at the moment, a lot has happened in the 8 years they've been making vids.
To be honest I don't. I roll my eyes at every single "serious" video they've made minus Eugene's coming out video which was genuinely a masterpiece (and also whilst it had some political tones it was mostly his story and experience). They all feel like homework assignments to earn social brownie points rather than areas/videos that actually add something. Also who genuinely takes political advice from the try guys? Either you agree with them politically and therefore have other more reliable sources that align with you politically or you don't agree with them and it's just annoying and alienating. Being a "fun" channel is not a dirty word it's just that all their videos lately have been overly silly and low effort. And I still enjoy 70% of their videos it's just that there's significantly more low effort sludge than before. Say what you want about Buzzfeed but I think the enveloping presence of a bigger company kept them more accountable.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

Their movie is available to watch for free now. I’ll probably put it on in the background while I do my chores tomorrow.
I have no fucks left to give.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Post by PugsleyWednesday »

There movie documentary? urgh..

https://youtu.be/k8QmBmcXetg

I do appreciate these types of videos - I really do - but Zac is just so fucking annoying and unlikable to me - that any real effort put in, just feels disingenuous. And he always ALWAYS brings it back to himself. Like I don't doubt he struggles, but this is where intersectionality comes into play with his privilege as a white cis male, who earns a good wage, and lives in a easily accessible location/city/country with all of those resources at hand, means you haven't got the same experiences as say a fat black queer woman in a very rural area, who is trying to get diagnosed for a serious thyroid or auto-immune issue, while they dismiss you as simply fat and lazy, and you can't afford a second opinion, or a 3rd round of blood tests.

mynamemaybeamy
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by mynamemaybeamy »

thehippiechick wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:57 am
Time for a new thread! Carry on...

Another advertisement basically, presented as content. This one for Dell XPS with a few healthy pushes for the merch. I cannot.
Can you edit your first post and add a link to the last thread? I'm having trouble finding it and I'm sure it'd be easier for other people looking if it was there. Appreciate it if you see this and do so! : )

kz84
Informer
Informer

Post by kz84 »

This thread is barely moving, and we're already getting a new one? lmao.

I know they've been on a downward spiral in terms of quality content for a while now, but it's particularly bad recently. Like, what the fuck are these recent videos?? None of them interest me in the slightest.

LOL, I made a comment (essay, really) a while back on here about how Ned and Ariel clearly have a favourite child - Wes. They never talk about Finn or post anything about him on their social medias but haven't stfu about Wes since day one. And now I see they've both suddenly been posting about Finn lolll I wonder if Ariel reads here.

I'd be surprised if she did but I'm betting Becky totally does and probably Zach too. Both are the type.

Tea87878
Learner
Learner

Post by Tea87878 »

Let me preface this with I am happy for them. It's something that's clearly been on their to do list for a while.

What I am not happy about is the fact it's on Discovery+. This without a recipe show is something they already do on their channel for free/free with ads. And so now they're basically putting it behind a paywall. And not even an accessible paywall like Patreon. Discovery+ is only available in the US and I think maybe Canada - that's it. So if you're from anywhere else it's completely inaccessible - for continuation of content you've already seen.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Googled.
Food Network, Discovery+ set premiere date for new culinary road-trip series from The Try Guys

Comedy group the Try Guys (pictured), a quartet of best friends and business partners, are leading a new Food Network series that will feature them cooking new dishes with no instruction.

Produced by Beyond Productions, No-Recipe Road Trip with the Try Guys stars Ned Fulmer, Keith Habersberger, Zach Kornfeld and Eugene Lee Yang, and premieres on August 31 on Food Network and Discovery+. A special under the same title was first announced in February 2021.

The series will see the group attempt to recreate signature menu items in restaurants across the U.S., starting in Nashville and traveling on to Los Angeles, Charleston, Atlanta and Santa Barbara. Each 60-minute episode sees the group visit two local establishments in a new city, where each member must try to make the restaurant’s best-known dish with no recipe or instruction. A local chef and guest judge will select the most successful dish, which will have the chance to be included on the restaurant’s menu.

The debut episode in Nashville will feature the group attempting to make dosas and wedding cakes, and subsequent instalments will see them tackle such items as tamales, donuts, chicken wings, pizzas, vegan burgers, Thai noodle dishes, seafood and croissants as they make their way across the country.

No-Recipe Road Trip is the latest project from the Try Guys, whose award-winning comedy documentary series — which sees them experimenting with everything from labor pain simulators to Alaskan dog sledding — has garnered over 2 billion views. Among their other projects, they have founded the prodco 2nd Try, authored the New York Times best-seller The Hidden Power of F*cking Up, and were at the centre of the feature documentary Behind the Try.
Do they have the same representation as Rhett and Link? Because they also just did a Food Network/Discovery+ series, where they went across America investigating and testing foods and such..

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

I hate how Zach portrays himself as a dumb manbaby, it’s not cute or quirky. It’s annoying.
He doesn’t wash his face and apparently doesn’t know how to do most simple tasks. Feels like it basically shows how privileged he has been all his life and that he never thought to at least learn or change this mindset. I feel like I remember him mentioning that he didn’t like to be seen as incompetent so why does he often poetry himself as incompetent? Do people actually find that endearing? From what I’ve seen of forums, most people find it annoying.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

Confirmation that zach’s overpriced-obvious-cash-grab-and-not-eve-actually-bespoke tea business failed. Don’t think anyone is actually surprised though. You know that when even the brain dead fans were side-eyeing the business that it was doomed to fail. They also seem to forget that most of their fans don’t have the type of income and extra cash they have.

Overworked_1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Overworked_1 »

after their new video, the cooking competition with the real chefs, i'm literally OVER zach's stupid man-baby gimmick. it isn't even funny anymore - it's just annoying, like "i can't touch anything because i have raw pork on my hands!" then wash your hands loser. I get that it's supposed to be a funny bit, but he just sounds like an idiot, and i'm so sick of it. If they want their videos to perform better, maybe they should get rid of the weak link
Let me be mad :love2:

Overworked_1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Overworked_1 »

I know this thread is dead, and i KNOW i literally just posted, but i have to rant: I dislike zach SO much.

I used to not really care about his annoying behaviour throughout videos, since the other three guys were there to balance out the energy and distract from whatever annoying gimmick he had, but since Eugene's been busy and the video format is changing, the videos are just SO zach heavy. I hate it. He's so incompetent for the sake of comedy, but it's NEVER funny. I have a short mental list of the shit he's done that's so ignorant/stupid/arrogant, i'm just ranting to get it out, and this thread is the perf3. ect place.

1. The dumpling video: as someone who's east asian, it is APPALLING that a white guy like zach (who lives in California and has a close friend who's korean) made an "asian dumpling" and could not even deliberate what culture he was representing with his food. "oh it's korean and japanese, but it's mapo tofu. it's japanese because i used japanese nuts!" like, chill white guy, please. Even Keith and ned would never make that mistake, zach is just ignorant and arrogant enough to do so. He loves to be so woke about chronic illness and his autoimmune system, but clearly doesn't give a damn about anything else.

2. The second try vid about without a recipe (the behind the scenes). In this behind the scenes thing, zach was like "I let Eugene do his evil Eugene bit, i wanted to let him do it". Oh, why thank you zach! how gracious of you! I'm so glad you found it in yourself to let your coworker do something. Why is it that whenever there's a behind the scenes moment with zach, he can't help but show how arrogant he is? like, he's trying so hard to be a ceo, while also being pathetic in the videos.

3. Fast food trivia: Zach showed up late and had the WORST attitude throughout the video, then had the nerve to say "why is the food cold" I'm so glad everyone called him out for his lateness (even Alex and YB called him out).

4. any video he makes about chronic illness. "Why don't we care about chronically ill people?". idk, why are your video title's the weirdest combination of guilt-tripping and clickbait? if i click on one more video that's cold open is of zach walking into frame, looking like a kicked puppy, sighing, then not speaking, i'll actually SCREAM. If zach's goal is to make chronically ill people seem like whiners, it's working. I'M chronically ill, I have hypo-thyroidism and an auto-immune disease, but I never try and guilt non-chronically ill people into feeling sorry for me. That's pathetic, and that's what zach is achieving with the format of those videos. It's important to raise awareness, of course, but it should be EMPOWERING, like when Eugene spoke about Stop Asian Hate. It's no wonder his video's about chronic pain never make it to 1 million views - he's a whiner, not a doer.

It's kind of hilarious how thumbnails with keith and Eugene's faces get way higher views - Extremely Stoned Trivia is a great example of this, and zach's not even in the video. Ned's always called himself "that other white guy" but zach is slowly taking that title.
Let me be mad :love2:

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

Overworked_1 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:51 am
I know this thread is dead, and i KNOW i literally just posted, but i have to rant: I dislike zach SO much.

I used to not really care about his annoying behaviour throughout videos, since the other three guys were there to balance out the energy and distract from whatever annoying gimmick he had, but since Eugene's been busy and the video format is changing, the videos are just SO zach heavy. I hate it. He's so incompetent for the sake of comedy, but it's NEVER funny. I have a short mental list of the shit he's done that's so ignorant/stupid/arrogant, i'm just ranting to get it out, and this thread is the perf3. ect place.

1. The dumpling video: as someone who's east asian, it is APPALLING that a white guy like zach (who lives in California and has a close friend who's korean) made an "asian dumpling" and could not even deliberate what culture he was representing with his food. "oh it's korean and japanese, but it's mapo tofu. it's japanese because i used japanese nuts!" like, chill white guy, please. Even Keith and ned would never make that mistake, zach is just ignorant and arrogant enough to do so. He loves to be so woke about chronic illness and his autoimmune system, but clearly doesn't give a damn about anything else.

2. The second try vid about without a recipe (the behind the scenes). In this behind the scenes thing, zach was like "I let Eugene do his evil Eugene bit, i wanted to let him do it". Oh, why thank you zach! how gracious of you! I'm so glad you found it in yourself to let your coworker do something. Why is it that whenever there's a behind the scenes moment with zach, he can't help but show how arrogant he is? like, he's trying so hard to be a ceo, while also being pathetic in the videos.

3. Fast food trivia: Zach showed up late and had the WORST attitude throughout the video, then had the nerve to say "why is the food cold" I'm so glad everyone called him out for his lateness (even Alex and YB called him out).

4. any video he makes about chronic illness. "Why don't we care about chronically ill people?". idk, why are your video title's the weirdest combination of guilt-tripping and clickbait? if i click on one more video that's cold open is of zach walking into frame, looking like a kicked puppy, sighing, then not speaking, i'll actually SCREAM. If zach's goal is to make chronically ill people seem like whiners, it's working. I'M chronically ill, I have hypo-thyroidism and an auto-immune disease, but I never try and guilt non-chronically ill people into feeling sorry for me. That's pathetic, and that's what zach is achieving with the format of those videos. It's important to raise awareness, of course, but it should be EMPOWERING, like when Eugene spoke about Stop Asian Hate. It's no wonder his video's about chronic pain never make it to 1 million views - he's a whiner, not a doer.

It's kind of hilarious how thumbnails with keith and Eugene's faces get way higher views - Extremely Stoned Trivia is a great example of this, and zach's not even in the video. Ned's always called himself "that other white guy" but zach is slowly taking that title.

zach's problem is that he doesn't have a niche for the group. so he's resorted to trying to split himself into either the pathetic friend everyone should feel bad for or the group "intellectual" neither works but he try hards so much its annoying. its even worse these days cause the other guys branch stuff is so much better. eugene was on red carpets and actually acting, kieth has his sauce stuff and comedy shows, and ned has dad stuff/whatever he's doing with ariel. its clear zach wanted the podcast to be his thing, his way to bring his intellectual stuff to the front, but nobody cared about him or his weird ramblings. all he's got is his chronic illness now
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Agreed RE Zack. He flip-flops too much. Like the whole incompetent man-baby thing doesn't track with the pseudo-intellectual social justice warrior thing. Neither feel real or true to him. He always just seems inauthentic in everything he says and does. It's all for attention.

He reminds me of that girl from Buzzfeed that is always going on about her Vagina problems, and has made it her entire personality, but does nothing but smoke weed about it. Those types are just tedious to be around. Like you can be a person with a Chronic Illness and be real about how shite it is, and the state of disability in the world - but also be upbeat enough - not be an asshole? But Zach just can't seem to do that.

sillywhippet
Learner
Learner

Post by sillywhippet »

Treefood666 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:37 am
Overworked_1 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:51 am

zach's problem is that he doesn't have a niche for the group. so he's resorted to trying to split himself into either the pathetic friend everyone should feel bad for or the group "intellectual" neither works but he try hards so much its annoying. its even worse these days cause the other guys branch stuff is so much better. eugene was on red carpets and actually acting, kieth has his sauce stuff and comedy shows, and ned has dad stuff/whatever he's doing with ariel. its clear zach wanted the podcast to be his thing, his way to bring his intellectual stuff to the front, but nobody cared about him or his weird ramblings. all he's got is his chronic illness now
that's exactly it. I feel like Ned also has the nerdy/smart/sciencey guy covered as well.
(I honestly only really like Eugene and Ned of the four, I find Keith's overly dramatic shouting and stuff in without a recipe really off putting and dislike Zach for most of the reasons stated above. It's not the chronic illness stuff, that can consume someones life so I get why he talks a lot about it. It's more I think he's just really untalented and doesn't really bring anything to the group.)

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

sillywhippet wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:35 pm
Treefood666 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:37 am

that's exactly it. I feel like Ned also has the nerdy/smart/sciencey guy covered as well.
(I honestly only really like Eugene and Ned of the four, I find Keith's overly dramatic shouting and stuff in without a recipe really off putting and dislike Zach for most of the reasons stated above. It's not the chronic illness stuff, that can consume someones life so I get why he talks a lot about it. It's more I think he's just really untalented and doesn't really bring anything to the group.)
thats honestly it. the try guys have all the "archtypes" covered so zach brings nothing. he's honestly only there to literally make the team even for promo stuff. also, i feel like he's the one they hang out with the least. he just has so much wrong that planning must be hard with him, aand it comes out in videos because he tries waaay too hard to banter with them.
eating dumplings

Tea87878
Learner
Learner

Post by Tea87878 »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:

He reminds me of that girl from Buzzfeed that is always going on about her Vagina problems.
Devin? Because this is not the thread but I have a lot to say on her.

Hello everyone few things to add ,

1. Today's video was actually a big step up. They were actually trying stuff , Max was a lot of fun and was very supportive , the Cling ons fit in well and Ned actually got to have a personality?! And he was delightful?! I always thought the dislike of Zach was overblown (he was never my favorite though) but after todays video I think I get it.

2. People are catching on. These are a couple comments from their most recent community post. I still believe by May 2023 at the latest , Eugene will be gone and that this sudden push in content is goodwill (though I will note Eugene hasn't posted a solo video in two months while Zach has posted one and Keith's posted two in that span of time).

3. I'm still annoyed about the new show. It's one thing to do a cable show with a different concept like (and I know :roll: ) Lily Singh did a late night talk show interviewing celebrities and interacting with audience which was something she hadn't done previously and allowed her usual content to exist. This is their already existing show but now not nearly as accessible. I made this point before I know but it grinds my gears.

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

Tea87878 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:18 pm
PugsleyWednesday wrote:

He reminds me of that girl from Buzzfeed that is always going on about her Vagina problems.
Devin? Because this is not the thread but I have a lot to say on her.
I think they’re talking about Merle.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

I was talking about Lara Parker! She's made endometriosis, weed and naked selfies her entire personality.

Return to “N-Z”