Karen Harris

Post by Abogada1 »

I wish they would stop trying to make this woman happen. :roll:

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Re: Karen Harris

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

Abogada, that cracked me up. Karen, bless her heart, can be a bit boring. She buys like a maniac - nothing unusual for that YT crowd - and is so eager to be a part of the Angie clique. It feels like high school again. I tend to enjoy the YTers who remain islands unto themselves.

Karen's gigantic old-lady earrings are a treat. But I admit, I click out of or speed through most of her videos, especially the "Will I buy it?" ones, which are interminable. The extent of her commentary is: "I already have those shades, so I'll be passing on this" (she'll buy it anyway), or "So yeah, if you want this, you might like it" (thanks, riveting take).

And to be super petty, she mispronounces "repetitive" as "rep-a-TIT-ive," which I've never heard before. I know she's Sri Lankan, so that might be an ESL thing - which would mean I'm a total asshole, lol. (I do think she's cute, and her husband is a doll. She also adores her pets, which endears her to me, and I'm sure she's a lovely, warm person.)

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Abogada1 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:33 pm
I wish they would stop trying to make this woman happen. :roll:
:rofl: :rofl:

I'm with Ms. Bananafish. Seems like a sweet person. But I don't find sweet people especially informative or entertaining simply because they're sweet. And have a lot of money with which to buy everything that appears on their phone screen.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

C2479Fred
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by C2479Fred »

Im sooooo tired of these influencers who cannot even look consistently into a camera lense while filming!

Im also tired of rich ppl buying every new product not even swatching it properly, doing basic AF looks every single video and then NEVER USING THE PRODUCTS AGAIN because all they do is buy more shit and laugh about how they haven't got round to filming with like 15 palettes in a month!

Meyaay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Meyaay »

Karen is probably the worst of this small clique. She buys more than the biggest creators gets in PR and justifies it because “she has a YouTube channel”.
She likes nothing while slapping on a ton of different shades on the same brush (cleaning your brushes or changing them as you go is not for Karen).
But Everytime she gets something in PR it’s “illegal” and the best thing she’s ever tried.
She’s so obvious that’s I’m ashamed for her.
She has nothing inside her head.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Yes, Karen, we know: You totally weren't going to buy those seven new palettes, but you're a "makeup savage" ...

Her fawning obsession with "I love color and am therefore dIfFeReNt" Angelica is annoying to me, too.

So many of these YouTubers think a loosey-goosey attitude toward spending and hoarding = beauty guru. But a guru has something of value to say, other than, "I feel like you don't need this. Unless you want it. Then get it."

Karen posts most new releases to her community tab, being like, "OMG! Who else is DYING over how cute this is?!" And the comments are usually all, "Meh. Packaging is nice, but it's basic otherwise." Or, "I've tried that formula and don't love it." Karen's unbridled enthusiasm over everything is rarely reciprocated.

Meyaay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Meyaay »

Why is that? Because everything she uploads contains affiliate links. She wants us to purchase it so she can earn money.
I feel bad for her husband. He has to give her a budget that she’s not sticking to anyway. She buys everything with afterpay and has said in previous videos that it was pretty bad (around winter 2019).
On her “low buy” she allowed herself 10 palettes a month (not including PR, pre-orders, if her friends came out with a palette, indie brands she really wanted to try and so on).
She can’t even give products proper reviews. Has she tried any of her palettes more than 1-2 times??

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Yeah, Karen's buying is off the chain, like a lot of the YouTubers at that level. Thing is, Karen has alluded to financial problems, and how she has GOT to get her spending under control, and how she really shouldn't have bought such and such. And anything she gets in PR, she's guaranteed to RAVE about it - which is another inherent problem with free shit. The ones who get very little sent to them, they're up to their ears in makeup and debt, so MORE makeup that they didn't have to pay for - that's living the dream. They want to keep it going, not piss off the brands that threw them a scrap, etc.

I have a few beauty YouTubers I adore. A few. They feel like people I'd befriend in real life. They're pleasant and relatable, their content is useful, and they interact with their viewers beyond just heart-ing every comment. And they all get occasional PR - and even with them, I immediately click off when they get to the freebies. I get that it's part of the gig, but it just turns me off, no matter who the sender or recipient is. It's alienating or something, I dunno. And I can't see anyone who is reviewing free stuff as credible. (Unless it's someone like Tati, who gets *everything* sent to her. But then, at that level, there are other credibility issues.) ... I realize this is probably an irrational/unfair take. I readily admit, if I were a YouTuber - never gonna happen, lol - I know I'd geek out over PR, too.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Whoa. The makeup look in her Sephora palette recommendations video from today - uh, ... just whoa. I like a strong cheek too, but with the bright blue eyes and heavy brown lip, that was a lot.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Muriel Bananafish wrote:Whoa. The makeup look in her Sephora palette recommendations video from today - uh, ... just whoa. I like a strong cheek too, but with the bright blue eyes and heavy brown lip, that was a lot.
Yeah, and if it looks that harsh on camera I can't imagine how insane it must look in person!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

cafeaulait
Learner
Learner

Post by cafeaulait »

Is it just me or is Karen's makeup been looking kinda crazy recently? Her eyeshadow never looks well blended and the mismatch between her lip colour and eye colour in her latest video is not cute. She honestly seems like such a sweetheart and I don't remember her looks being as bad a few months ago, but it's getting distracting to look at.

Meyaay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Meyaay »

She seems like a sweetheart? I don't agree with that. but you would think she could see how bad her makeup looks since she stares at herself in the viewfinder nonstop.
Look when Karen does eyeshadow. She uses the same brush for one look and then complains about the eyeshadows. She's not good at reviewing or doing her makeup. What she's good at it buying it :rofl:

C2479Fred
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by C2479Fred »

Omg the staring at herself in the view finder I just CANNOT. HOW she has 8k and counting on YT is beyond me. Muddy eyeshadow, ridiculously unblended cheek makeup and lighting so bright you cant even see swatches or a palette properly.

cafeaulait
Learner
Learner

Post by cafeaulait »

I guess the appeal is that she buys literally everything so you can depend on her to try things so you don't have to? Idk, I can't take her seriously with the clown makeup.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

This woman's shopping is next level. But I came here to post something super petty, because I can't help it. Every video - EVERY video - Karen says "highly recommend" about 300 times.

"So if you're interested in this, I highly recommend you check out my review."
"I have an affiliate code with them, so I highly recommend you use it to save some money."
"This worked so well, and I highly recommend you visit the brand's IG."

Now that I've noticed it, I can't not be irrationally irritated when it happens. (Also, it's a little self-important to "highly recommend" your own content, Karen.)

cafeaulait
Learner
Learner

Post by cafeaulait »

I'm not subscribed to Karen and I keep on getting her community posts with affiliate links for the latest release on my homepage usually with a note that she's 'going to have to pick it up.' Her shopping is out of control.

Strawberry_Queen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Strawberry_Queen »

Some her videos are so lazily done. In a recent comparisons video she just held the palettes up side by side, no swatches at all. We could have achieved the same thing with google images. And in her collection video she doesn't open like half the palettes, just shows the box.

Also why does she have a "swear warning" in all of her description boxes? I've literally never heard her swear once, in fact in her collection video she referred to the "let that shit go" palette from BH as the "let that ish go" palette. So edgy.....

idididdi
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by idididdi »

I'm so sick of her horrible unblended eyeshadow popping up on my homepage all the time. I can't take it anymore.

beautifuldisaster082
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by beautifuldisaster082 »

I had to come and see if there was a feed on this woman. Spoiled much? I swear almost anytime I've watched a video she mentions how her husband buys her shit ALL the time. I mean I knew she had a problem with shopping by herself obviously, since she has to get her hands on everything. But making it worse by saying her own husband buys her shit too is just ridiculous.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Was she not invited to the sigma event in Minneapolis? That’s kinda surprising since she shills it so much and has talked about talking with the owners. Maybe they only invited people with codes but I was surprised since she is one of the few influencers that actually lives in Minnesota. I haven’t watched her channel in a while so maybe she mentioned it?

Return to “K-O”