Jeffree, predatory star-lying and crying since 2003

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Re: Jeffree, predatory star-lying and crying since 2003

Post by redzipstick »

watching his newest video and it feels like he's running out of ideas a lot of his newest makeup have been boring and already done before even when he made controversial products they were exerted badly and everything looked really tacky also personally not really digging his short hair he at least looked better with longer hair not a fan of the big chunky squared pallet looks like he was trying to squeeze everything in - watching without audio so I don't really know what he's saying lol

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I’m pretty sure his low-key intro on the new collection is stemming from the ripping he got over the last few reveals. People complained the reveals with the costumes and set pieces seemed like infomercials or QVC. Even though he’s selling something and it doesn’t really matter how he does it, his people wanted a more casual talk-y reveal, rather than the over-the-top sales pitch.

He sure does seem out of makeup ideas. But he is not out of ideas with his other business ventures. He’s working on selling his own cannabis strains, pet stuff amongst other things.

I think Jeffree is transitioning into a lifestyle brand, which I think (despite the tackiness of it) is absolutely brilliant. Jeffree is right place/right time for a lifestyle brand, as he was for his makeup brand. By lifestyle brand, I mean selling all manner of things with all the kitsch of drag, and growing mainstream acceptance of men who share his aesthetics, and men in general seeing the benefits of putting on a little cosmetic.

At some point I fully expect him to introduce a new men’s aesthetic to sell cosmetics, toiletries to men who prefer a more traditional GQ look, or even a biker or race car look. He may or may not physically front the new brands with his name on them, but selling to straight men is gonna be hot ;) . Love him or hate him, he is well-positioned to take advantage of the evolving times and grow a massive lifestyle brand, if he wants to.

The only real difficulty will be for his competition. There may only be a specific amount of air in the room for a drag-inspired brand, which will make it tough for anyone else who wants to sell the same aesthetic. Whatever air is in the room, Jeffree is likely to take up as much of it as possible.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

Agree with you there. He's making the transition to lifestyle much more succesfully than, say Jaclyn Hill. I don't like him, but cannabis strains and pet stuff is a good idea and could sell well.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I read some long articles about how California cannabis is going over the border to Mexico more than cannabis coming the other way. Apparently the California product is so refined and pricey it’s the boutique choice among the smart set in Mexico. I think Jeffree experimented with cannabis merch like grinders and looks to pair his merch designs with strains in luxury packaging for the boutique recreational market, a higher end mainstream customer looking for product forms like gummies. He is spending a lot of time developing proprietary strains. The idea is a complete proprietary package, an all-in-one Friday night party purchase marketed to younger people.

If he does this, it will really take buying cannabis out of the dispensary and head shop mentality. He’s banking on cannabis really hitting a new level of recreational mainstream moment, which is hard to dispute for sure. I’m sure being in Wyoming limits his business liability and removes him as merely an investor in a legal product in CA.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

wyoming doesn't care... he's just there so he doesn't have to pay certain taxes.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

The custom Beretta is definitely insane. I’m pretty sure he left out the part of him actually commissioning it, and what he paid, saying only "they made it for me" as if he got it in PR.

Having said that, the yaks and dogs are certainly therapeutic for him. Need a friend, get a dog yak. Or a hundred yaks. Yakkety yakkety yak. I think Jeffree replaced his pre-Covid nightclub with a yak barn.

raptorgrrl
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by raptorgrrl »

I love how he talks about how much work the ranch is, considering he's there only part time. LOL Grow up on a fifth generation dairy farm like I did Jeff, and then we'll talk about how much "work" you have to do there. lol

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

raptorgrrl wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:44 pm
I love how he talks about how much work the ranch is, considering he's there only part time. LOL Grow up on a fifth generation dairy farm like I did Jeff, and then we'll talk about how much "work" you have to do there. lol
A hundred head of yak and they are eating hay. Just think of the expense buying hay, he certainly won’t be growing any where he lives. Some years you can’t buy enough hay with droughts, farmers and ranchers sell off stock in such years. Just wait for the crying videos where he had to sell Buster and Bette and Biff because he couldn’t find enough hay for them all.

raptorgrrl
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by raptorgrrl »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:30 pm
raptorgrrl wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:44 pm
A hundred head of yak and they are eating hay. Just think of the expense buying hay, he certainly won’t be growing any where he lives. Some years you can’t buy enough hay with droughts, farmers and ranchers sell off stock in such years. Just wait for the crying videos where he had to sell Buster and Bette and Biff because he couldn’t find enough hay for them all.
I still have friends in the business and listening to them talk about feed prices these days is painful. I think good ol' Jeff is going to learn some tough life lessons here in the next few years.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:53 pm
I read some long articles about how California cannabis is going over the border to Mexico more than cannabis coming the other way. Apparently the California product is so refined and pricey it’s the boutique choice among the smart set in Mexico. I think Jeffree experimented with cannabis merch like grinders and looks to pair his merch designs with strains in luxury packaging for the boutique recreational market, a higher end mainstream customer looking for product forms like gummies. He is spending a lot of time developing proprietary strains. The idea is a complete proprietary package, an all-in-one Friday night party purchase marketed to younger people.

If he does this, it will really take buying cannabis out of the dispensary and head shop mentality. He’s banking on cannabis really hitting a new level of recreational mainstream moment, which is hard to dispute for sure. I’m sure being in Wyoming limits his business liability and removes him as merely an investor in a legal product in CA.
Mike Tyson brought out gummies in the shape of ears, complete with bite mark. I dread to think what Jeffo's gummies will be in the shape of...

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Whatever it is will likely double as a highlighter. :D

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

He claims he got rid of his ego yet this whole podcast was full of it......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnsT_h4 ... IMPAULSIVE

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

I've seen a few clips on tiktok and I can't stand him anymore he's so annoying :roll:

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

He doesn’t have any content other than himself, and no reason to keep making any except to sell stuff. With the yak farm filmed he doesn’t have anything else interesting to do except elf reviews and his own promos. Jeffree’s problem now is he has nothing new or relevant to draw in new people to his circle. All his views are past drama views hoping for more. That’s not the same as appealing to the newer, younger crowd he needs to reach for growth.

He is not stupid, he knows he’s in aging queen territory in more ways than one. The best thing he could do to stay relevant is step back his own personality and get himself some brand faces to direct. He could do some aging skin stuff, but he needs to go out and find the young hot sexies for his schtick.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i'm sure he's gonna be on more podcasts regarding the "past drama"
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

He used to draw in views for his snark and being shocking but now he's tame and boring even when he announced new drops it was entertaining but now the only people who watch him are stans from back in the day and Shane stans I haven't seen anyone use a jeffree star product in a hot minute

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

A lot of reviewer people can’t be seen promoting or even reviewing his products after the whole business over his past derogatory remarks about black people got dredged up. He’s just too controversial now, reviewers will pass on anything that can potentially alienate their viewers. Even Beauty News before it folded started putting coverage of his releases at the end of their videos, with ample warning in case people wanted to skip it. Of course a few people getting his stuff free in PR review it because they want to keep getting the free stuff.

The stuff still sells though, the yellow palette sold out after release as did most of his skincare. Many people will try something once. I’m not sure if his most recent palette sold out, it was a bit underwhelming.

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

Totally forgot about that yellow pallet is he gonna do the whole rainbow? did his grey one sell out too? I remember that was during the early stages of you-know-what talk about bad timing he's dropped off since blood lust

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

redzipstick wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:27 pm
Totally forgot about that yellow pallet is he gonna do the whole rainbow? did his grey one sell out too? I remember that was during the early stages of you-know-what talk about bad timing he's dropped off since blood lust
I think he’s done the rainbow now. Has he done orange? He’s got every other color. I’m not sure people want orange.

The problem he has is that colorful, garish makeup is not the trend right now. Makeup has gone to natural glowy skin, with barely there blush and maybe a pop of frosty peach cream eyeshadow. Jeffee and Tati with their spackle foundation and powder-baking are exactly the opposite of what people are doing. People want healthy looking skin at this moment, not coverage for last night’s drug orgy.

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

He would lowkey be perfect for euphoria style make up I don't know why he's not doing something like that I was watching some old smokey glow videos around Shane's scandal before he left and its so weird to think people actually liked him myself included and I forgot how bad the conspiracy pallet was there's two repeated shades and the names are so cringe. Also Tati's video about the makeup she never got to make ws very interesting how quickly her styles had changed I would have loved her original idea for it

Return to “Jeffree Star”