Emma & Maggie Macdonald: Copycat style, Poshmark Returns Pile, Filler Denial- Part 10

k1ngofgossip
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma & Maggie Macdonald: Copycat style, Poshmark Returns Pile, Filler Denial- Part 10

Post by k1ngofgossip »

idk if this has been answered or not but is maggie graduating? there's no way someone can take an entire year for one class

GossipGirl90210
Learner
Learner

Re: Emma & Maggie Macdonald: Copycat style, Poshmark Returns Pile, Filler Denial- Part 10

Post by GossipGirl90210 »

opeigossipedagain wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:50 pm
Maggie’s eyebrows are probably bushy bc she can’t go anywhere to get them done (same honestly🤣). Her last 3 Instagram stories were all ads! And in her last 2 vlogs at least (probably more than that) she has talked and talked about how she has a new routine that’s changed her vibe and blah blah. So share the damn routine then! Why do you need to hype it up so much without actually giving any info?! Lord help me I can’t with this girl 😫 I’m sure she can’t share her “routine” is yet bc she has to find out what Kenzie’s new routine is and make it the exact same. Ugh
Was just coming on here to say this. Another ad?! Seriously a joke.

gossipgalll
Informer
Informer

Post by gossipgalll »

k1ngofgossip wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:30 pm
idk if this has been answered or not but is maggie graduating? there's no way someone can take an entire year for one class
she hasn't said anything which leads me to believe she's not... you usually only get three tries to take a class and this was her third so maybe she dropped out :rofl:

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

girlygossiper wrote:Why the hell does Maggie’s eyebrows look more bushy than usual? She looks Like an Animal Crossing character always surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg I’m dying you’re sooooooo right ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

examplerandom99
Learner
Learner

Post by examplerandom99 »

k1ngofgossip wrote:idk if this has been answered or not but is maggie graduating? there's no way someone can take an entire year for one class
She’s going to avoid that topic at ALL costsImage or we’ll get her saying “the class just totally wasn’t my vibe”

the_question_mark
Learner
Learner

Post by the_question_mark »

Georginarex wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:03 pm
the_question_mark wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:17 pm
gossipgalll wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:59 am
jadorexo wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:31 am
So Maggie’s clothing line is just a champion hoodie with “with love” embroidered on it? OK

this isn't a clothing line, this is MERCH

I know people are saying she ripped off whatever LA brand but this design layout is EVERYWHERE. Topshop has tees and sweatshirts
yeah first thing i noticed is its basically the champion reverse weave look. the thing with CherryLA though is maggie has been wearing their stuff nonstop lately so it's more likely she just copied that even though it's not anything special. it's just sad she says she's soooo creative, but what does she create with her OWN thoughts?
as I previously mentioned, I live here in LA and am very familiar with CherryLA, so I can identify any one of their products. That brand has actual designers behind it and is worn by the likes of Bella Hadid and the Kardashians. Their stuff sells out quickly and costs around how much Maggie's stuff does if not a bit more. They may pay just as little as Maggie to produce them, but at least they manufacture their own clothes, and are reputable/experienced "designer" sweats brand here which is easier to justify. Maggie went to LA and bought one of everything they had in their line, wore them in her videos, and then dropped her "line". So that is pretty blatant copying, regardless of how common the cursive embroidery on sweats is.

All in all, Maggie lacks original thought. I work in a company with manufacturers and the standard markup so you make a profit is 30%. So she is lying, if she says she had a "team" of embroiderers, and she purchased these at wholesale, she would be paying even less than if she bought from customink. $50 is a justifiable price to still make a high profit.

Champion is an easy brand to up-charge and fool people with, because they make lower end sweats that colleges and universities can purchase at wholesale and print/embroider/iron on for cheap and sell in their stores for $60, but also make higher-quality "reverse weave". The reverse weave sweats are as rough on the inside as the outside and are basically double layered back-to-back, making them more durable. Not saying the non-reverse weave are bad quality, but their regular sweats cost and wear just like a fruit of the loom, and are sold at Walmart for cheap. The costco sweats are the same quality as the ones she used. Soft on the inside until it gets a few washes. She didn’t even use the reverse reave sweatshirt, so she really has no reason to justify the price except to foolishly think that because she's a C-list influencer, she has as much “clout” as say, Kith, Aries, Yeezy, Off white or any other brand that up-charges sweats (but at least manufacture their own).

She steals her style, recipes and home decor from other influencers and celebs, and "designs" from other companies. She then turns around and freaks out when people are smart enough to figure out she is a fraud. Found it super refreshing when she deleted comments validly calling her out on her bullshit, announced she was taking a "break" and then returned to instagram within a matter of hours to post a "care/of" vitamins, when we haven't seen a single pack of those vitamins in any of her non-sponsored videos/tour ever—it's all ritual vitamins etc...

Money can't buy class. I wouldn't trade my life for hers any day, not even close. As a designer, I grew up into modern architecture and quality things, but my home looks nothing like hers. I add my own flavor instead of copying KimYe's home. I watch how vapid and empty she looks in her life, and I wouldn't trade my lifestyle for hers.

If you want to act a certain way or make a profit, at least own it, instead of trying to fool your viewers/fans and then gaslight them.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm also a designer and when I saw that video I was FUUUMING cause I feel like its almost making a joke of my job ( even though I know it's not). She doesn't even have the slightest idea of how to actually create a collection. The research, mood boards, sourcing, communicating with factories, and getting samples of materials. Even getting proto samples, fitting them, making comments and etc. Not only that, it's really hard to find a factory, but most factories also have minimums and they tend to have the upper hand on choosing who they are going to work with. I don't care how much money she makes on youtube, I still don't think that she has the capital to start a collection (or the know-how for that matter). At some point in that video, she said that these sweaters were the first drop and that she still is working on her "collection" and that right now everything is backed up because of everything the factories are closed. If she really had a collection coming out soon it would have been ready by now. Just as an example, at my job I was finishing up our Spring 2020 collection in July 2019 and I started working on Summer 2020. The Spring 2020 collection was then put into the showroom and shown to department store buyers and the buyers put in their orders for Spring 2020 by August-September and then it goes into production once the orders are final and at that point is where they start to organize marketing materials and set up photoshoots for product photos.

SO, if you think about the timeline and when her "collection" is supposed to launch... she would have had to start this process last year and even if everything went perfectly ( meaning no design changes, no problems with the fit, nothing at all) she would have everything by now and at the very least be organizing the photoshoots to show off her collection. I don't think her collection that she claims she worked so hard for is real. I think this sweater is just a money grab.
I'm telling you! Exactly. this "line" of two sweaters was a total copout. She definitely customized an existing garment, at a small quantity, marked it up 150%, made by a third party. no team, no organization, etc. this definitely wasn't years in the making, basically has nothing to do with her brand, and as we've established basically knocks off everything else.

Noticed she wore both the CherryLA and the Sporty and rich cursive font sweaters in her most recent video and not her own. Wonder if she's trying to make a statement.

Eh, who am I thinking, she can barely put together a statement let alone make one.

gigidd
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gigidd »

Did Maggie seriously take the time to delete every single negative comment on her latest video..?

erinexpat
Talker
Talker

Post by erinexpat »

gigidd wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 pm
Did Maggie seriously take the time to delete every single negative comment on her latest video..?
Are you kidding? She's like, SUCH a hard worker and driven person. Her mind can do it. :rofl:

Gottagossip
Talker
Talker

Post by Gottagossip »

margolunet wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:19 pm
kelseypani wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:00 am
margolunet wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:08 am
fclem wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Also I don’t know how it works in Massachusetts but are you not supposed to not visit anyone and stay in your home ? Can you visit your family ?
Mass doesn't have a stay home order - it's just an advisory, so technically you're allowed to leave.
I live in MA. And have a summer home on cape. I have been in both places but havent been socializing or going in public besides for essential things. Corona is VERY bad here. Massachusetts is one of the hotspots and we are one of the msot affected states in the US. The curve has begun to go down, but not significantly enough. The cases are also VERY concentrated in 2 specific areas ( one i live in). The cases are everywhere here, but some worse than others. It is not good or safe to be visiting people or family and going around without masks. Masks are mandatory when outside here. And it is the same as any other state - a stay at home advisory and it is being urged to be taken VERY seriously here. We have not reopened yet and likely will be extended again. But it should be taken very seriously here as we are a MUCH smaller state than all states facing these issues on such a large scale. At one point during the peak in the US we had the #2 cases behind new york. Now we are at #4 - but for a state as small as mass, it is detrimental. The sisters think they are immune because they are influencers. I wish they would get a real education because their brain is not there.
I know, I live in Boston. I don't think she should have gone to see her mom, I was just clarifying for that person that it's an advisory not order which is why Maggie probably felt okay going (though she shouldn't have)
Yeah this has been really bothering me. I am from mass too and haven't seen my family since march. Her dad has been coming every weekend and now she is seeing her mom. She 100% should not be seeing them but at the least she could just not talk about it or show it on her vlog channel? The last thing we need is her followers now following her lead and thinking it is okay to go and see people now

girlygossiper
Informer
Informer

Post by girlygossiper »

Gottagossip wrote:
margolunet wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:19 pm
kelseypani wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:00 am
margolunet wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:08 am
fclem wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Also I don’t know how it works in Massachusetts but are you not supposed to not visit anyone and stay in your home ? Can you visit your family ?
Mass doesn't have a stay home order - it's just an advisory, so technically you're allowed to leave.
I live in MA. And have a summer home on cape. I have been in both places but havent been socializing or going in public besides for essential things. Corona is VERY bad here. Massachusetts is one of the hotspots and we are one of the msot affected states in the US. The curve has begun to go down, but not significantly enough. The cases are also VERY concentrated in 2 specific areas ( one i live in). The cases are everywhere here, but some worse than others. It is not good or safe to be visiting people or family and going around without masks. Masks are mandatory when outside here. And it is the same as any other state - a stay at home advisory and it is being urged to be taken VERY seriously here. We have not reopened yet and likely will be extended again. But it should be taken very seriously here as we are a MUCH smaller state than all states facing these issues on such a large scale. At one point during the peak in the US we had the #2 cases behind new york. Now we are at #4 - but for a state as small as mass, it is detrimental. The sisters think they are immune because they are influencers. I wish they would get a real education because their brain is not there.
I know, I live in Boston. I don't think she should have gone to see her mom, I was just clarifying for that person that it's an advisory not order which is why Maggie probably felt okay going (though she shouldn't have)
Yeah this has been really bothering me. I am from mass too and haven't seen my family since march. Her dad has been coming every weekend and now she is seeing her mom. She 100% should not be seeing them but at the least she could just not talk about it or show it on her vlog channel? The last thing we need is her followers now following her lead and thinking it is okay to go and see people now
Well if she has any viewers from New Hampshire like me, she’s okay because she was in a small congregation with a distance. (Our governor allows it) Plus it’s her family not a bunch of friends and she’s been staying inside a lot (guys, isolating herself is like all she did before this). I know Mass is different and has much higher numbers, but the cape doesn’t have crazy numbers and she hasn’t been going out in Boston. NH is allowed to have small congregations, no mask orders, and we’re slowly opening. To me it looked okay.

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

The main thing wrong with that whole thing about her visiting her family specifically her mom, is that her step dad is a cop- meaning he’s out in the community a lot dealing with all sorts of people. I guess unless he’s a paper pusher at a desk. Also she said weeks ago she thought her mom had covid and was getting tested... never heard about it again, so I’m assuming it was negative?

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

There is no difference whether it's her family or friends, it's not like sharing dna makes you immune from catching something. I agree she shouldn't show it.

gossipgalll
Informer
Informer

Post by gossipgalll »

so emma's been posting ads for noom and ppl noticed she has it set at 1200 calories, which so isn't enough. my bf's mom is a dietician and said today that she tried noom to see what it was about and basically it would only give her 1200 calories to eat a day and she said that's not nearly enough so she contacted customer service. they said everyone only gets 1200 calories and the only way for you to get more is to "move". this already was clearly something emma shouldn't be trying to "influence" young, impressionable girls to use, but the fact that they're putting everyone in a box by saying EVERYONE only gets 1200 calories is just not right

Nicoleea1
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by Nicoleea1 »

Someone commented on danielle carolans video asking her if she bought Maggies merch and another person commented saying danielle couldnt afford it😂

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

gossipgalll wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:06 pm
so emma's been posting ads for noom and ppl noticed she has it set at 1200 calories, which so isn't enough. my bf's mom is a dietician and said today that she tried noom to see what it was about and basically it would only give her 1200 calories to eat a day and she said that's not nearly enough so she contacted customer service. they said everyone only gets 1200 calories and the only way for you to get more is to "move". this already was clearly something emma shouldn't be trying to "influence" young, impressionable girls to use, but the fact that they're putting everyone in a box by saying EVERYONE only gets 1200 calories is just not right
Yea all of those apps seem to set women at 1200 which is not enough, Myfitnesspal used to do they same thing unless you went in and changed it. She clearly doesn't use it so I doubt she bothered to alter it in any way, but it's not something she should be promoting, young girls do not need to be eating that little.

meep0123
Talker
Talker

Post by meep0123 »

^Regarding the noom thing. Emma probably has no idea that 1200 calories is a small amount to eat in a day. I mean remember during one of her what I eat in a day videos, she was like "this yogurt has 2 grams of protein, TWO. for those who think I don't get enough protein" LOL this girl doesn't even know that 2 grams of protein isn't much for a container of yogurt.

erinexpat
Talker
Talker

Post by erinexpat »

meep0123 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:38 am
she was like "this yogurt has 2 grams of protein, TWO. for those who think I don't get enough protein" LOL this girl doesn't even know that 2 grams of protein isn't much for a container of yogurt.
***SCREAMS INTO THE VOID***

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

it's disappointing (YET I AM NOT SURPRISED BECAUSE THESE GIRLS ARE TRASH) that she accepted the sponsorship and is manipulating her already impressionable followers who are most likely young and like emma for her "body goals"

gossipgalll
Informer
Informer

Post by gossipgalll »

meep0123 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:38 am
^Regarding the noom thing. Emma probably has no idea that 1200 calories is a small amount to eat in a day. I mean remember during one of her what I eat in a day videos, she was like "this yogurt has 2 grams of protein, TWO. for those who think I don't get enough protein" LOL this girl doesn't even know that 2 grams of protein isn't much for a container of yogurt.
yikes. 2 might as well be 0. no wonder she thinks a bowl of lettuce is nutritious enough

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

^^i also think it’s funny she and Maggie both think their fridges are so stocked. Like all that lettuce and fruit will go bad within a few days, they don’t know how to shop and their pantry is prob just brown rice pasta.

Return to “Emma and Maggie MacDonald”