Shane 'Isolating from the Altar' Dawson (Pt. 27)

LordTrolldemort
Learner
Learner

Re: Shane 'Isolating from the Altar' Dawson (Pt. 27)

Post by LordTrolldemort »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:10 pm
I also find it interesting that we haven't heard a peep from Andrew on any of his social media since his podcast with Garrett ended... And Andrew isn't in Garret's video released today about being in the woods, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he wasn't in the last video, either.
Looks like the Spooky Boys broke up! Drew's even posted a few videos this month!
Oh THANK GOD!!!!! Andrew ruined Shane's channel (pre-canceling before I knew anything about Shane) and then he ruined Garrett's channel with his chalkboard laugh. I loved Garrett, maybe I can start watching him again.

ChittahChattah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChittahChattah »

Yeah there's been no sign of Andrew in anyone's videos lately lol. I am super curious if Garrett and Drew still talk though. I wish they would do another one together. They could do the stupidest video and it would still entertain me.

LordTrolldemort
Learner
Learner

Nevermind, my dreams are shattered, Andrew is apparently joining Garrett in his newest video that I just clicked (I Tried Living in this Costume for 24 Hours) so I closed it :(

I really hate the "have the camera man cackle obnoxiously" schtick Shane and his friends (+ exfriends) have gone for, it's incredibly insensitive for people with autism that have noise sensitivity or sensory issues as the loud forced cackle is so jarring and "close" in your ears if that makes sense. Like, it's too much.

ChittahChattah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChittahChattah »

I totally agree, especially with earbuds/headphones on.

miranda5
Informer
Informer

Post by miranda5 »

LordTrolldemort wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:03 pm
it's incredibly insensitive for people with autism that have noise sensitivity or sensory issues as the loud forced cackle is so jarring and "close" in your ears if that makes sense. Like, it's too much.
It´s not insensitive, it´s not like watching a youtube video is an essential activity.

LordTrolldemort
Learner
Learner

miranda5 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:28 pm
LordTrolldemort wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:03 pm
it's incredibly insensitive for people with autism that have noise sensitivity or sensory issues as the loud forced cackle is so jarring and "close" in your ears if that makes sense. Like, it's too much.
It´s not insensitive, it´s not like watching a youtube video is an essential activity.
Sorry, english is not my first language. I think I mean like intrusive? Like it's all-encompassing. Does that make sense?

ChittahChattah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChittahChattah »

I knew what you meant. Hearing his loud ass laugh in your ears is a lot especially if you aren't expecting it LOL

vandal86
Talker
Talker

Post by vandal86 »

im not even going to bother watching his new series but its fun watching rylands vlogs tbh

secondhandlover
Debater
Debater

Post by secondhandlover »

I wish the thread wasn't so dead, I really want to have a bitch with someone!

First of all, Andrew SUCKS. His fake laugh is nails on a chalkboard, but the audience gassed him up so much that Shane's now got his new camera guy doing the same schtick. It's so cringe and painful.

Shane is still at it with his fake soft boi shit. You'd think after he was so badly exposed last year his pivot would involve him being a bit more honest and "himself" on camera, but it's as bad as ever. His body language is so disingenuous, his ~soft~ speaking voice so fake. There was a moment in one of Ryland's vlogs where he knocks over Ryland's coffee, and his reaction of "uWu baby oh my gosh I am so sorry baby this is the worst day of my life I feel so bad omg how are you ok right now do you hate me?" was so over the top and performative and FAKE, and you can tell Ryland doesn't even know how to respond and is genuinely baffled by this insane reaction. But his audience is still eating it all up like the trash cans they are. I guess that's what happens when you've got an audience of kids who don't know how to critically engage with the content they're watching.

Also: they have a shopping addiction. I know they've got a new house and they're going through a "nesting" process, but the amount of dumb cheap shit they buy is alarming. Every time they leave the house they find a hideous knickknack that they put all this bizarre meaning into. You aren't teenagers moving out of home for the first time, you are grown men in your 30's. Have some restraint and reason and TASTE for the love of god. When they first moved in they said they weren't going to fill up their house with knickknacks like they did in California, but this is the worst they've ever been.

Finally, Morgan has seemed much happier and more at peace with herself in recent months, which is great to see, but was anyone else alarmed by her admitting she went on a trip to Vail by herself without telling anyone? Then in the next vlog we find out she's having tension with her mother. Listen, I can imagine that living at home on top of your parents would be stressful and annoying, but planning a trip and not telling anyone where you're going is beyond irresponsible and immature, and the single worst thing you can do as a solo traveller. It's proof that Morgan maybe isn't handling things as well as she pretends to.

miranda5
Informer
Informer

Post by miranda5 »

secondhandlover wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:29 pm

Also: they have a shopping addiction. I know they've got a new house and they're going through a "nesting" process, but the amount of dumb cheap shit they buy is alarming. Every time they leave the house they find a hideous knickknack that they put all this bizarre meaning into. You aren't teenagers moving out of home for the first time, you are grown men in your 30's. Have some restraint and reason and TASTE for the love of god. When they first moved in they said they weren't going to fill up their house with knickknacks like they did in California, but this is the worst they've ever been.

Finally, Morgan has seemed much happier and more at peace with herself in recent months, which is great to see, but was anyone else alarmed by her admitting she went on a trip to Vail by herself without telling anyone? Then in the next vlog we find out she's having tension with her mother. Listen, I can imagine that living at home on top of your parents would be stressful and annoying, but planning a trip and not telling anyone where you're going is beyond irresponsible and immature, and the single worst thing you can do as a solo traveller. It's proof that Morgan maybe isn't handling things as well as she pretends to.

They do nothing all day, what else would keep them busy other than "decorating the new place"?

I think Morgan is doing fine, her vlogs are fun to watch, she makes an effort creating content... nothing alarming about taking a trip by herself.... would I do it myself? No. Do I think it´s alarming? No... She can handle things the way she wants as an adult.

kc11236
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by kc11236 »

miranda5 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:45 am
secondhandlover wrote:

They do nothing all day, what else would keep them busy other than "decorating the new place"?

I think Morgan is doing fine, her vlogs are fun to watch, she makes an effort creating content... nothing alarming about taking a trip by herself.... would I do it myself? No. Do I think it´s alarming? No... She can handle things the way she wants as an adult.
I get torn because I don't want to support Shane, but I do enjoy Ryland's vlog and his family, including Morgan. It is frivolous but I enjoy seeing how Ryland decorates though yeah I think you have to take it at face value for what it is: rich people spending money on whatever they want and showing it off basically. I think Morgan is fine, and as an adult she is able to come and go as she pleases, but for a safety measure yeah it wouldn't have been the worst idea to tell someone just for emergencies but not necessary and it is her choice. As an aside, I have a lot of respect for Morgan actually because I think other people her age can connect with the struggles of mental health and finding themselves.

GretaGarza
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by GretaGarza »

Here's big fat refrigerator-shaped Shane in 2022 in Ryland's latest video about them 'moving back to LA':

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

GretaGarza wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:26 pm
Here's big fat refrigerator-shaped Shane in 2022 in Ryland's latest video about them 'moving back to LA':
:good1:
It looks like he has been doing some serious eating since I have seen him last.

secondhandlover
Debater
Debater

Post by secondhandlover »

miranda5 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:45 am
secondhandlover wrote:

Please reread my post. I didn’t say it was alarming she took a trip by herself. I’ve done plenty of solo travelling, including internationally. That’s why I speak from experience when I say that travelling along without telling anyone that you’ve left or where you’ve gone to is irresponsible and dangerous. Coupled with the fact that she confirmed in her next video that she was fighting with her mother at the time and not communicating with anyone, only adds to the stupidity.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

As time goes on he looks even more like a sex predator

miranda5
Informer
Informer

Post by miranda5 »

When Ryland has to advertise his new video, you know he´s hitting rock bottom still... Did anyone watch it?

sunxflowerss
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sunxflowerss »

Okay so I don’t like Shane but I have a habit with anyone shitty (Onision back in the day) with hate watching. And Shane’s last video I’m not even finishing a few minutes in. He spends the first 10 minutes making weird flirty jokes towards Chris (his new apparent bestie and camera man after drew, Garrett, and Andrew left him.) The entire time Ryland looks uncomfortable and Shane seems to only take to or about ryland in a somewhat?? Condescending and mean way. Idk. I don’t know their relationship because im clearly not there but it just made me uncomfortable. Also the fact that he met garret on a dating app, befriended him and sorta did the same thing? When he wasn’t being mean or talking over him of course. We all know Shane’s done far worse things than make his fiancé uncomfortable with flirty jokes but it just makes my heart sad.

_windsor_
Learner
Learner

Post by _windsor_ »

sunxflowerss wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:42 pm
Okay so I don’t like Shane but I have a habit with anyone shitty (Onision back in the day) with hate watching. And Shane’s last video I’m not even finishing a few minutes in. He spends the first 10 minutes making weird flirty jokes towards Chris (his new apparent bestie and camera man after drew, Garrett, and Andrew left him.) The entire time Ryland looks uncomfortable and Shane seems to only take to or about ryland in a somewhat?? Condescending and mean way. Idk. I don’t know their relationship because im clearly not there but it just made me uncomfortable. Also the fact that he met garret on a dating app, befriended him and sorta did the same thing? When he wasn’t being mean or talking over him of course. We all know Shane’s done far worse things than make his fiancé uncomfortable with flirty jokes but it just makes my heart sad.
Shane and Garrett had such a unique dynamic because Shane would say something like "you have a nice ass" and then two seconds later would be like "ew you're so gross" and it just appeared that Shane was obviously bitter that Garrett didn't wanna fuck him tbh. Shane is literally those "nice guys" that will say "you're so beautiful" but as soon as you reject them they're like "ugly slut go die" lol.

Also just to add to your comment about the cameraman. I don't think Shane actually wants to fuck Chris because they've apparently known each other for about 10 years, but he knows it makes Ryland insecure and jealous so that's why he does it. It's the same reason why Shane kept talking about wanting to fuck a vagina; he knows it makes Ryland upset.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

Garrett and Drew were way too good for him. Glad even Andrew escaped.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

miranda5
Informer
Informer

Post by miranda5 »

I´ve watched his most recent conspiracy video, and omg, his brother says so much shit, the guy is delusional. Suggesting there is a person controlling our brain??? Like, have you ever heard of medicine? Anatomy? Scans? Jesus...

On the other hand, I´ve started to like Morgan´s content... and Ryland with high-heeled crocks is kind of funny. The video guy is annoying as hell... Andrew´s laugh never bothered me, but this dude´s laughing makes me want to shove a sock in his mouth.

Return to “Shane Dawson”