Claudia Sulewski and the (plus one) Red Carpet Chronicles - Part 4

Radiogamer
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Claudia Sulewski and the (plus one) Red Carpet Chronicles - Part 4

Post by Radiogamer »

I don't really know who watches these videos anymore tbh. Totally agree that she speeds through all the fun stuff and we get in depth segments for 'laundry' and spraying her dresser?! Also, what was that ending?!

The main thing I thought when watched was, wow... Billie stans are going to be pissed at this vlog! They've been spamming her socials for weeks asking for vlogs around Billie's tour... and they got a montage of already existing clips again 🥳

I'd rather she just be upfront and say she's in a funk and needs to get herself together and come back fresh. She's pleasing no one with this half assed content.

gwynethpaltrow wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:43 am
man this is probably the most exciting part of her life rn to date and she’s complaining
as someone who has accumulated wealth similarly i really wish she would not rant about her inarticulate feelings and show more of the exciting stuff. she definitely holding back, unsure why. it’s prob uncomfortable filming during those times? idk man the come up only happens once. she needs to milk it more omg

that hotel room was so boring come on
sorry if that was cool to you, it’s just a hotel. she didn’t make the hotel. the tv mirrors (called smart mirrors) are an easy diy especially if you have the funds and have been in waldorf astoria for half a decade at this point.
show the malibu house. show europe. show the green rooms. show the crowds when their car pulls up. that’s what i want to see at least. spray painting a dresser costs $10 bro that doesn’t make her relatable. she’s beyond relatability. her manager is pissing me off sorry /end rant

Ungodly hour
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ungodly hour »

Guys read the lyrics to Around My Neck in Finneas's album, Optimist. It's hard to think Claudia would do any of that stuff but considering how they talked about that aspect of their relationship on their podcast I'm not surprised lol

CoolEnchancer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CoolEnchancer »

Ungodly hour wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:51 pm
Guys read the lyrics to Around My Neck in Finneas's album, Optimist. It's hard to think Claudia would do any of that stuff but considering how they talked about that aspect of their relationship on their podcast I'm not surprised lol
Honestly the lyrics are cringy.

Jecjec1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jecjec1 »

Ungodly hour wrote:
Really? I disagree because I felt like she always overstated which I thought was weird. I know she has talked about sex toys and stuff on various podcasts

Ungodly hour
Learner
Learner

Post by Ungodly hour »

Jecjec1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:28 pm
Ungodly hour wrote:
Really? I disagree because I felt like she always overstated which I thought was weird. I know she has talked about sex toys and stuff on various podcasts
What podcasts did she talk about that on? I remember her passingly mentioning them in a yt video but she said it was her first time using one so idk

Radiogamer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Radiogamer »

Ungodly hour wrote:
Tbh I think 'Love is Pain' gives a better insight to their relationship... and it makes finneas sound really clingy and controlling!

"That sinking feeling that you get
When you say something you'll regret
'Cause you were jealous of some stranger
That she met when you were gone, you feel insane...

Say it's not okay to feel that way
It's real, you may not make her happy
So what's wrong with me? If honestly
I wanna be the only way she can be.

That hallow feeling in your chest
As you both wordlessly undress
After a fight, it's getting late
You tried your best, but then she criеd
And you're to blame, and love is pain"

After listening to this song it's kinda confirmed to me that their relationship is kind of toxic and unhealthy... also the lines "Don't believe anyone who tells you any different. If it's easy, if it's fun, something's missing" kinda feels like gaslighting in a song? Like, don't let anyone tell you you're unhappy because this is what a relationship should be?

Also, did anyone see Maggie Baird's interview about parenting? When asked about Finneas she said 'he has an amazing dog, amazing girlfriend... he goes for hikes with his dog...' it felt like she was brushing over Claudia? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I have a feeling they nearly broke up during lockdown because of their codependency and that's why they're both so into therapy and working on themselves atm. Which isn't a bad thing, but It breaks their #couplegoals image

Jecjec1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jecjec1 »

Radiogamer wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:45 am
Ungodly hour wrote:
Tbh I think 'Love is Pain' gives a better insight to their relationship... and it makes finneas sound really clingy and controlling!

"That sinking feeling that you get
When you say something you'll regret
'Cause you were jealous of some stranger
That she met when you were gone, you feel insane...

Say it's not okay to feel that way
It's real, you may not make her happy
So what's wrong with me? If honestly
I wanna be the only way she can be.

That hallow feeling in your chest
As you both wordlessly undress
After a fight, it's getting late
You tried your best, but then she criеd
And you're to blame, and love is pain"

After listening to this song it's kinda confirmed to me that their relationship is kind of toxic and unhealthy... also the lines "Don't believe anyone who tells you any different. If it's easy, if it's fun, something's missing" kinda feels like gaslighting in a song? Like, don't let anyone tell you you're unhappy because this is what a relationship should be?

Also, did anyone see Maggie Baird's interview about parenting? When asked about Finneas she said 'he has an amazing dog, amazing girlfriend... he goes for hikes with his dog...' it felt like she was brushing over Claudia? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I have a feeling they nearly broke up during lockdown because of their codependency and that's why they're both so into therapy and working on themselves atm. Which isn't a bad thing, but It breaks their #couplegoals image

HA! I was just telling someone that people who are in unhealthy relationships are always the ones who say “relationships are hard! They take a lot of work!”

Sure, love is pain, but this song was not flattering on their relationship.

Ungodly hour
Learner
Learner

Post by Ungodly hour »

What do you guys think of her new youtube video, I haven't seen it yet but if it's good I'll watch it

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

I just watched it and it was really boring. (She isn't even making thumbnails anymore?) It feels like she's zero motivated if she doesn't have a sponsor, she's 100% turned sellout. Like can't she just enjoy making videos as her job? It's like the most laid back job ever imaginable. You just make sure you do one cool activity per week and film it or 5 minutes and then edit it playfully. (I'm a videographer myself, making videos is hard work. But I work way harder than her because I direct people, location scout, and do much more complex lighting setups etc. and I get paid probably 10% of her yearly salary because I make art, not ads. So yeah. She should fucking be grateful.)

pancake3003
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pancake3003 »

She’s in her flop era

Radiogamer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Radiogamer »

You're going to hate her Halloween video then hahaha!
She 'forgot' to record a majority of her Halloween footage 🙄 She only remembers to record the dullest moments of her days, it just feels so half assed constantly! I'm sick of seeing montages for the funnest part and in depth segments for parts like 'breakfast', it's just so dull.

Alfaomega wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:40 am
I just watched it and it was really boring. (She isn't even making thumbnails anymore?) It feels like she's zero motivated if she doesn't have a sponsor, she's 100% turned sellout. Like can't she just enjoy making videos as her job? It's like the most laid back job ever imaginable. You just make sure you do one cool activity per week and film it or 5 minutes and then edit it playfully. (I'm a videographer myself, making videos is hard work. But I work way harder than her because I direct people, location scout, and do much more complex lighting setups etc. and I get paid probably 10% of her yearly salary because I make art, not ads. So yeah. She should fucking be grateful.)

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

Oh, wow! Yeah it's not very good either. It's almost depressing that she brings her camera to the grocery store and puts it on a shelf before she gets an icebag, etc... What is going on with her ? She must have become self conscious of being the person always with her camera out or always vlogging at parties. Maybe her old crowd was into it because they were all vloggers, but Finneas's friends are too famous and it makes Claudia feel insecure about vlogging? Kind of a double edged sword....gets invited by Finneas to high-profile parties...but her job suffers in consequence. That being said...there are plenty of ways she could still produce content. Make a workshop, be creative, invent a new look....Their costumes were pretty ordinary this year and looked very 'ordered off of amazon".

ahayas
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ahayas »

https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/claud ... ove-my-dad

omg this WMag feature is so unbelievably cringe…….of course half the thing is name dropping finneas or billie. She had an opportunity to reclaim her presence on Youtube and instead makes it about Finneas in the worst way possible.

“It certainly helps that several members of her inner circle have managed to maintain a fan-star connection after skyrocketing to fame. As Finneas and Eilish have grappled with their growing success, their efforts to keep close relationships with their fans have acted as a blueprint for Sulewski. “That’s the beautiful thing with music, because they get to do it through lyrics—they’ve got some of the most raw and emotional lyrics I’ve ever read,” she says of the duo, naming their “timeless” song “Happier Than Ever” as a personal favorite. Their ability to bond with their listeners “definitely pushes me to want to continue to do that in my own avenue and in my own content,” she adds.”

Seriously? She can’t even take the time out of the day to respond to a youtube comment anymore and this is what she says. What has she done to “continue” or even establish a bond with her followers? In the video with Lexie where she was hush hush about money she turned off comments….she even could’ve used this as an opportunity to learn from that and say something like “my followers really grounded me after not wanting to talk about my earnings in a way you can’t do with traditional celebrities to keep them relatable.” please do not compare yourself to Billie/Finneas fandom. They have interactions with their fan accounts unlike any other celebrity meanwhile you can’t even reply to comments on IG or YT. And not to mention, the writer mentions Billie cameos in her vids and she didn’t feel the need to correct her and say anything about having to wipe it because of Billie’s PR team lmao.

“…… figuring out the logistics of joining Finneas for as many stops on his just-launched U.S. tour as possible (“We’re just trying to keep up with the relationship and give it tender love and care”). As for her own work, Sulewski is in a bit of a “limbo period,” she says”

Y’all, I can’t. This part killed me. A piece on her career and this is what she says. I’m officially done giving her chances to redeem herself. It’s clear she doesn’t give a single fuck, and after watching since 2009 AND a Billie fan, I’m so sad that this is what she is now. I’d be so disappointed in her if I was one of her OG youtube/acting friends. Out of everyone she’s abandoned her YT the most and gets chosen for this…. Here’s an opportunity for exposure they’d kill for and this is what she approves to get put out. She’s not even getting caught in Finneas’ shadow anymore she’s literally putting herself in it. No wonder their relationship is falling apart.

I don’t even know what else to say about the rest of this interview. It’s terrible PR and quite sad for her original following who she literally could care less about.

Radiogamer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Radiogamer »

This whole comment 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I'm with you sis, she's lying to her fans, lying to the media and lying to herself...

"We’re just trying to keep up with the relationship and give it tender love and care" - I can't stand the way they talk about their relationship, its so codependant and cringe.

Claudia is going to look back and really regret how much she lost herself in this relationship... its sad.

ahayas wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:44 am
https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/claud ... ove-my-dad

omg this WMag feature is so unbelievably cringe…….of course half the thing is name dropping finneas or billie. She had an opportunity to reclaim her presence on Youtube and instead makes it about Finneas in the worst way possible.

“It certainly helps that several members of her inner circle have managed to maintain a fan-star connection after skyrocketing to fame. As Finneas and Eilish have grappled with their growing success, their efforts to keep close relationships with their fans have acted as a blueprint for Sulewski. “That’s the beautiful thing with music, because they get to do it through lyrics—they’ve got some of the most raw and emotional lyrics I’ve ever read,” she says of the duo, naming their “timeless” song “Happier Than Ever” as a personal favorite. Their ability to bond with their listeners “definitely pushes me to want to continue to do that in my own avenue and in my own content,” she adds.”

Seriously? She can’t even take the time out of the day to respond to a youtube comment anymore and this is what she says. What has she done to “continue” or even establish a bond with her followers? In the video with Lexie where she was hush hush about money she turned off comments….she even could’ve used this as an opportunity to learn from that and say something like “my followers really grounded me after not wanting to talk about my earnings in a way you can’t do with traditional celebrities to keep them relatable.” please do not compare yourself to Billie/Finneas fandom. They have interactions with their fan accounts unlike any other celebrity meanwhile you can’t even reply to comments on IG or YT. And not to mention, the writer mentions Billie cameos in her vids and she didn’t feel the need to correct her and say anything about having to wipe it because of Billie’s PR team lmao.

“…… figuring out the logistics of joining Finneas for as many stops on his just-launched U.S. tour as possible (“We’re just trying to keep up with the relationship and give it tender love and care”). As for her own work, Sulewski is in a bit of a “limbo period,” she says”

Y’all, I can’t. This part killed me. A piece on her career and this is what she says. I’m officially done giving her chances to redeem herself. It’s clear she doesn’t give a single fuck, and after watching since 2009 AND a Billie fan, I’m so sad that this is what she is now. I’d be so disappointed in her if I was one of her OG youtube/acting friends. Out of everyone she’s abandoned her YT the most and gets chosen for this…. Here’s an opportunity for exposure they’d kill for and this is what she approves to get put out. She’s not even getting caught in Finneas’ shadow anymore she’s literally putting herself in it. No wonder their relationship is falling apart.

I don’t even know what else to say about the rest of this interview. It’s terrible PR and quite sad for her original following who she literally could care less about.

CoolEnchancer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CoolEnchancer »

The whole interview was a regurgitation of that other interview she did earlier. It's an endless cycle of "nothing new, next".

visenyas
Learner
Learner

Post by visenyas »

Having experience with interviews, it’s very common for editors to cherry-pick questions and answers that they think will sell the most. Sadly for Claudia, either that’s all she talked about, that’s all she was asked about, or that was all the publication actually cared about.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

Imagine being used to being "interesting" because you're able to create content, and suddenly your views drop and you get invited to a podcast or an interview, and they ask you as much about your boyfriend and his sister as they do about your own content.

She must constantly compare herself to them...and feel so insecure...and struggle to find her own worth/value next to them. Being older than them must hurt even more.

I think the only thing to save her career now would be to : interact with her followers and strenghten ties with them while they're still there. (actually reply to comments...post regular videos...explain to people why she was rude in the Lexi video/took down the podcast....etc....be transparent...when people call her out...) Her views are low, with the exception of her videos in which Finneas is in the thumbnail......!

The Whole "Black Lives Matter" phase was cool, but it guilted everyone into "you use words like master bedroom, which comes from slavery plantations" and "you only talk about yourself on your social media".....and now she and Finneas have reverted 100% to exactly that: they have used the term Master Bedroom many times.....and basically reverted to talking only about themselves and never about BIPOC struggles....!

She is literally just a billboard for fabletics and a trophy wife. :-/ ... She thinks doing laundry is in her top activities of the month and puts it in her monthly vlog....

Radiogamer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Radiogamer »

So Claudia posts on Instagram asking for Questions for Q&A... THE DAY she's due to upload 😒 Its now 4 days later and she still hasn't uploaded, but has gone back home to see her family, on tour with finneas etc

Q&A is the laziest, quickest content to film and she STILL can't do it in good time.

pancake3003
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pancake3003 »

Her new west video is called PERSONAL Q&A. But I literally don’t think she answers a single personal question it’s all just like general/vague basic life advice

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

Can you imagine a dinner conversation in LA? Finneas "Yeah I just finished a us-canadian tour." Billie: "I've been nominated for a bunch of awards and I came out with my new perfume" ....
"and Claudia, what have you been up to?" ....What does she say? I've been in the audience filming cellphone clips of Finneas at all of his shows? I've been filming myself doing laundry? I've been putting photos of the dog on instagram?

I'd imagine if I was around such productive people, I would use it as fuel to make something amazing happen.

What happened to her "secret project" ? Wasn't that 2 years ago? Wasn't she creating an object since she's such an "entrepreneur" ?

Return to “Claudia Sulewski”