ItsWayPastMyBedTime (Carrie Fletcher)

eevee
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ItsWayPastMyBedTime (Carrie Fletcher)

Post by eevee »

ladyt wrote:I'm just gonna leave you this: http://alexday-shitstorm.tumblr.com/ because there's a post up there that explains it much better than I could, but this Tumblr had a lot more information in case you wanted to read up on it some more.
I'm well versed in the scandal and i really don't feel like reading a million posts on how problematic alex is. just because there was a scandal doesn't mean he cheated on her. until i see proof that he cheated on her i'm not going to believe it. also on that tumblr is carrie's tweet about losing a boyfriend right when the scandal happened so that further proves my point...i'm not trying to argue i'm just trying to get the facts straight...

edit: i looked at the carrie hope fletcher tag on that tumblr too and only found the tweet

cylinder
Learner
Learner

Post by cylinder »

eevee wrote: I'm well versed in the scandal and i really don't feel like reading a million posts on how problematic alex is. just because there was a scandal doesn't mean he cheated on her. until i see proof that he cheated on her i'm not going to believe it. also on that tumblr is carrie's tweet about losing a boyfriend right when the scandal happened so that further proves my point...i'm not trying to argue i'm just trying to get the facts straight...
He cheated on her over and over again, he did the same with previous girlfriends too, it was well established and he admitted it and talked about it. If you sit through the videos he posted post-scandal you'll get a better overview of his behaviour. The Past is one such video.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

cylinder wrote:He cheated on her over and over again, he did the same with previous girlfriends too, it was well established and he admitted it and talked about it. If you sit through the videos he posted post-scandal you'll get a better overview of his behaviour. The Past is one such video.
hmm i remember him saying he cheated in the past but i thought he said it wasnt carrie for some reason. guess i'm wrong. i'll rewatch these videos. thanks.
ladyt wrote:Lmao okay sure stay inside your little bubble where you can deny all the proof of what a scumbag he is and the photos that show he and Carrie were still hanging out after the scandal broke. There's literally no point in anyone trying to discuss this with you hen, is there?
there's literally no reason to be so rude.
Last edited by eevee on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jitterbug
Learner
Learner

Post by jitterbug »

eevee wrote:
ladyt wrote:I'm just gonna leave you this: http://alexday-shitstorm.tumblr.com/ because there's a post up there that explains it much better than I could, but this Tumblr had a lot more information in case you wanted to read up on it some more.
I'm well versed in the scandal and i really don't feel like reading a million posts on how problematic alex is. just because there was a scandal doesn't mean he cheated on her. until i see proof that he cheated on her i'm not going to believe it. also on that tumblr is carrie's tweet about losing a boyfriend right when the scandal happened so that further proves my point...i'm not trying to argue i'm just trying to get the facts straight...

edit: i looked at the carrie hope fletcher tag on that tumblr too and only found the tweet
I'm surprised you can be well-versed in the scandal and not know he cheated. Most of the women he was with were during a time he was dating either Carrie or previous girlfriends. Charlie mentions Alex's cheating here:

http://charliemcdonnell.com/sexual-abus ... g-friends/

"Alex Day, one of the accused, has been a friend and housemate of mine for the last seven years, and during the period that I lived with Alex I did become aware of instances in which he’d cheated on his girlfriends. While this did make me very uncomfortable, the major regret I have about our relationship as friends is that I feel I was too lenient with him about what he was doing. We talked a few times about his cheating, and I let him know that it was something I disapproved of, but ultimately I left any further decisions up to him. "

I'm hunting for things directly from Alex or Carrie, but it really shouldn't be difficult to find. He even posted a now unlisted video recently on his daily day channel within the last month or two where he essentially says "oh I finally realized cheating was wrong" and Carrie responded with "wow, I'm surprised it took you that long" essentially.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

jitterbug wrote:I'm surprised you can be well-versed in the scandal and not know he cheated. Most of the women he was with were during a time he was dating either Carrie or previous girlfriends. Charlie mentions Alex's cheating here:

http://charliemcdonnell.com/sexual-abus ... g-friends/

"Alex Day, one of the accused, has been a friend and housemate of mine for the last seven years, and during the period that I lived with Alex I did become aware of instances in which he’d cheated on his girlfriends. While this did make me very uncomfortable, the major regret I have about our relationship as friends is that I feel I was too lenient with him about what he was doing. We talked a few times about his cheating, and I let him know that it was something I disapproved of, but ultimately I left any further decisions up to him. "

I'm hunting for things directly from Alex or Carrie, but it really shouldn't be difficult to find. He even posted a now unlisted video recently on his daily day channel within the last month or two where he essentially says "oh I finally realized cheating was wrong" and Carrie responded with "wow, I'm surprised it took you that long" essentially.
oh i knew he cheated. i just didn't think it was specifically on carrie. but it's been a while.

ladyt i'm sorry it offends you that i have a different opinion than you about alex but i never meant to be rude i was honestly just trying to get the facts.

jitterbug
Learner
Learner

Post by jitterbug »

eevee wrote:
oh i knew he cheated. i just didn't think it was specifically on carrie. but it's been a while.

ladyt i'm sorry it offends you that i have a different opinion than you about alex but i never meant to be rude i was honestly just trying to get the facts.

Here's the Daily Day video I was talking about. Check the comments for her and Alex talking about honesty and her bringing up his cheating.

Carrie: "That being said, I'm glad you've finally got it into your head that cheating and lying are bad, even if it took you a lot longer than most. xxx"

But yeah, at any rate, it definitely happened and both parties have discussed it at one point or another. Besides, it doesn't really matter which of his girlfriends he cheated on -- what he did was reprehensible. I think we can at least agree on that.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

jitterbug wrote:
eevee wrote:

Here's the Daily Day video I was talking about. Check the comments for her and Alex talking about honesty and her bringing up his cheating.

Carrie: "That being said, I'm glad you've finally got it into your head that cheating and lying are bad, even if it took you a lot longer than most. xxx"

But yeah, at any rate, it definitely happened and both parties have discussed it at one point or another. Besides, it doesn't really matter which of his girlfriends he cheated on -- what he did was reprehensible. I think we can at least agree on that.
thank you, i hadn't seen this video!!

tiah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tiah »

The thing is I remember when the whole Alex Day thing first came out and I remember Carrie sorta putting out that she was done with him and she wouldn't associate with him because of what he'd done, then like a week later she kept being pictured out and about with him (I believe a fan met them together at Westfield Shopping Centre in London) so y'know... she clearly wasn't that disgusted with his actions which tells me she's not the Saint she thinks she is.

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

To sort of play devil's advocate here, even though I'm not supporting Alex, even though we all generally agree on the fact that if someone commits Alex's crimes then you should dump their ass and don't even give them a second of your time, not everyone is the type of person who has the strength or the mindset to just do that. We don't know how much Alex may have manipulated Carrie throughout the relationship or how much Carrie felt for him or felt like she could possibly be losing.

Don't get me wrong, he's scum. But we aren't all the dynamic ~strong independent woman~ archetype that as soon as you hit three strikes no matter who you are, your ass gets put on the streets. To us he's just a douche that should be put in the trash and this doesn't affect us directly (apart from the victims), to her he was the long-term relationship that was possibly a forever one. I'm glad she eventually got rid of him completely, I'm just saying that we aren't all so strong minded and for some people it takes a gradual release or they need the answers.

That sort of expectation is the reversal of the video Carrie made about young girls being bullied or manipulated or abused. She said you need to have the confidence to say NO and to protect yourself and everyone went up in arms and said basically that we aren't all like that and we don't all have the confidence or the mentality to be like that when the situation comes up, and that she's shaming people who have been in similar situations and didn't act "as they should". Well, Carrie was the partner of a cheater, manipulator, rapist and other such nasty things and she didn't handle it "as they should", either. We don't know how Carrie thought or felt before she eventually dumped him for good.
:HK:

tiah
Gossiper
Gossiper

ItsWayPastMyBedTime (Carrie Fletcher)

Post by tiah »

I see what you're getting at but to me it seems odd since she went on about how she openly said she's disgusted with him blah blah blah - to me it seems like she was saying all of that just to cover her tracks (damage control, if you will) but honestly didn't care what damage Alex had caused for any of those girls. I was just as disgusted in her as I was Alex. Friend/boyfriend or not, when someone does something as vile as he did I'd cut them out the second I was aware. Yes it might hurt, but do you really want to support someone like that and live with all that guilt on your part too? Nah, that's when I was officially put off of Carrie. That's gross. Don't know how she can think she's holier than thou after shit like that.

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

That's the thing, though. You might cut them out of your life that second, but not everyone can do that. I think she was genuinely disgusted, the actions alone regardless of the person are very, very gross, but in her life and in her mentality, it may not be that easy to just block and delete. While I understand the reaction people had towards Carrie's behaviour until the final split, I also find it extremely hypocritical and fork-pitch considering they were slamming her for her "say no" video.

I've been in a similar situation. A person I knew and loved went on a trip without me, lied about his relationship status, cheated on me, then came back and dumped me under false pretenses. I didn't take it well. From here on out if you look from an outsider's point of view I was just an obsessed bitch that kept stalking him and sending him messages and being way too thirsty about him while he was with his new girlfriend, even though he hurt me and I should have just said bye and chucked him in the trash where he belongs. What people didn't know (and what he tried so hard to hide) was that he kept being lowkey "with me" and flirting, talking, being sweet/sexy, saying he loved me, then either blocking me for weeks/months on end, being invisible on social medias, saying he was "confused" and didn't know what to do or actually mocking me to my face about the fact that he was with her. He'd invite me to his house to be dirty, he claimed to everyone that I was camping outside his house. I lost mutual friends, everyone saw me as sad obsessed little pathetic person that can't get a grip, all the while to me he was everything and my world and all I had to live for, because I thought if I didn't have him, I had nothing. Eventually I got tired of this for two years, I kept ignoring his texts, then he unblocks me from facebook and adds me. I was apprehensive but wanted to be dynamic. I wanted be like "boy you're just trash to me now goodbye" *finger snap* but you know what I did? dang-diddly all. I just talked and pretended like I was okay. At some point after this, I blocked him everywhere and actually removed him from my life.

But damn if I didn't end up with the crazyass ex label for the rest of my life and I will forever be the "pathetic overly attached ex" to everyone else. Nobody supported me or went up in arms for my defence, ain't nobody that understood my position and everyone kept saying "just say no", "just dump him, he's not worth it", "just let go, you'll find so much better, you deserve happiness", all the while everyone expecting me to be superwoman while I could barely function at all.

/TL;DR people handle things differently and you can't ever know the inner dynamics or the mentality of the person who is under those circumstances.
:HK:

fuckedoff
Informer
Informer

Post by fuckedoff »

ladyt wrote:HI CARRIE!

Friendly reminder that 90% of your "fame" comes from the fact that your brother is famous.
Friendly reminder that you and your Mom were pretty fuckin disliked within the McFly fandom a few years back previous to your YouTube ~fame~ and we haven't forgotten the way you treated people.
Friendly reminder that you're a passive aggressive asshole.
Friendly reminder that you didn't get your book deal because your agent liked it, you got it because of your name and your sister-in-law.
Friendly reminder that NOT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HAS TO LIKE YOU.
:tu:

Sorry, I'm new here... What did she and her mum do?!

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

Once again Carrie is doing the old "oh that's horrible but i have had it worse" on twitter.
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

Any excuse to mention the theatre/her job in some way :roll:

PeggyCarter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PeggyCarter »

KissedAFrog wrote:Oh wow. I honestly didn't expect to find much in Carrie's section of this site. I thought she was too dull to get much of a rise out of people, but this thread just gave me a good few hours of entertainment, thanks. :rofl:

I was subscribed to Carrie from early 2012 to early 2013. I unsubscribed when she released this "gem" -
[video][/video]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: why have I never seen this video before? How hilarious :rofl:

tiah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tiah »

xoxo_madam wrote:
KissedAFrog wrote:Oh wow. I honestly didn't expect to find much in Carrie's section of this site. I thought she was too dull to get much of a rise out of people, but this thread just gave me a good few hours of entertainment, thanks. :rofl:

I was subscribed to Carrie from early 2012 to early 2013. I unsubscribed when she released this "gem" -
[video][/video]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: why have I never seen this video before? How hilarious :rofl:
I feel braindead after watching that... fucking hell. I've seen less patronising things on children's TV.

KissedAFrog
Talker
Talker

Post by KissedAFrog »

tiah wrote:
xoxo_madam wrote:

[video][/video]
I feel braindead after watching that... fucking hell. I've seen less patronising things on children's TV.
How she expected kids on their "first day of highschool" to watch that and relate to it is beyond me.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

What do you guys think her book is going to be like? I have a feeling it will be slightly cliche and cheesy, particularly when it comes to the romance part. I suspect it will have hints of being based on her own relationship with Pete.

This is based on her non-vlog videos, such as the new Disney Princess one, none of them strike me as being particularly original or clever, they're all things that have been done before, obvious advice (maybe I'm just too old for them), something cheesy, but nothing really deep or surprising or original. I do enjoy her vlog videos because it gives you a glimpse into her life, and the theatre, which is pretty different and cool. And they're usually well-edited and interesting. But when it comes to her advice videos or more general ones they never strike me as that creative.

tiah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tiah »

paintmedance wrote:What do you guys think her book is going to be like?
Patronising preteen garbage, like her videos.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

tiah wrote:
paintmedance wrote:What do you guys think her book is going to be like?
Patronising preteen garbage, like her videos.
Cringeworthy chick lit, that will have depressingly high sales due to her YT fame/famous brother. Which will further expand her delusions that she is a bona fide author.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”