Shane: Lying, Crying and Retiring Dawson :,) (Pt. 26)

roseau
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane: Lying, Crying and Retiring Dawson :,) (Pt. 26)

Post by roseau »

Like Shane's so creatively frustrated that he spent weeks and months making overly edited glorified vlogs, hyping them up and using his clout to make people think they were watching something that wasn't him asking "woah this is crazy... so like .... how.." *snort, clap* "did this happen...." Then get them to open up because now they "know" each other, immediately connect their trauma with his own (and which we've all known since like 2013...) and then form some weird short-term trauma bond. Shane seems like he'd be a nightmare to be around either as a creative or anything else - he buys into his own hype, and we've all seen the cycles he goes in with friends or relationships. Pretend there's some really deep connection immediately (and maybe there is, who knows) and then put them down constantly once they're in his circle and always, always play the victim. The contempt he looked at ryland with was weird in the latest video, when he was putting the gloss on, asking if there was "a face thing" and putting the hoodie on. You don't have super deep connections with everyone, Shane. You have no emotional boundaries and that makes you think it's okay to make people open up emotionally immediately and makes you think it's okay to be cruel to people.

candlequitter
Debater
Debater

Post by candlequitter »

Koncon wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:29 am
Anyone else notice that Ryland takes his clothes off or tries to show off his ugly otter body all the time? Its legitimately every fucking video I've seen with him in it. We do not want to see that shit. Please just stop you're not as cute as you think you are.
I wonder if that's his way to swipe back at Shane in a way that he won't be attacked for by Shane's fanbase. Showing his body every chance he gets when he knows Shane has so many issues with his own or smth?

ChocolateBliss30
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ChocolateBliss30 »

Aspartame is not a flavor of water Shane. If he showed as much drive in leading a healthy lifestyle as peeing in bottles he would be set.
Another video made for pure attention, void of makeup and failing to address he cares nothing about YT.

TheTruthSeeker
Talker
Talker

Post by TheTruthSeeker »

Shane's soda says diet, but his ass says McDonald's..

rainbowme
Talker
Talker

Post by rainbowme »

Sorry, but something is not right if he's working out as much as he claims and STILL gaining weight. I'm not trying to fat shame or anything, but he himself has said he's not happy with his weight gain. Either he has a disease where he puts on a lot of fat/weight (unlikely) or he simply eats way too much junk food. It's fairly easy, you need to cut down on calories and work out more. If he only does one or the other it won't work. It certainly won't help to eat a ton of unhealthy food then work out for an hour, like... that is far from enough. He needs to exercise a lot more.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

rainbowme wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:22 pm
Sorry, but something is not right if he's working out as much as he claims and STILL gaining weight. I'm not trying to fat shame or anything, but he himself has said he's not happy with his weight gain. Either he has a disease where he puts on a lot of fat/weight (unlikely) or he simply eats way too much junk food. It's fairly easy, you need to cut down on calories and work out more. If he only does one or the other it won't work. It certainly won't help to eat a ton of unhealthy food then work out for an hour, like... that is far from enough. He needs to exercise a lot more.
You can’t outtrain a bad diet ©
糞食らえ

ChicagoFlavoredPetty
Talker
Talker

Post by ChicagoFlavoredPetty »

roseau wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 am
Andrew must be creatively frustrated working with Shane all the time. Watching him with Garrett in his newest video (writing and producing a song) that shows how fun working with Garrett can be, goofing of etc while shane makes Everything about him (and no, not in a fun and easily relatable way) and stifles everyone else or can't just let them vibe and do their thing without whining about how shitty and stupid it makes him feel.

Garrett managed to have a little segment about his insecurity with singing without dragging the whole thing down. If Shane was making that video that would be the whole focus of the video and showing "the haters" that he doesn't need them, having a much shittier track because he cant let people do their thing without having a heavy input. The only exception might be the Jeffree collab, because that has enough money potential and Jeffree is enough of an asshole that he feels okay sitting back and letting him take control while he cashes the cheque. Some of his demeanour is that narcissistic youtuber tendency to believe that everyone wants your input and thoughts at all time, but some of it is definitely an underlying nasty streak in him. I'm glad Garrett got away from all that and that Andrew isn't enough of an idiot to burn all friendship bridges and be left alone when Shane inevitability dips.

There, Shane, a post that doesn't comment on your weight. Turns out there's more to you than just that, hey? :)
Haven't watched Shane in forever, what happened between him and Garrett?

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

escargot123 wrote:
rainbowme wrote:
You can’t outtrain a bad diet Image
Yeah he can work out an hour daily but if he is binging later on (on crappy food no less) it doesn’t matter. If you need say 2100 calories to maintain weight daily and your eating 3200 calories... it doesn’t matter you burned 300 earlier. Your still gaining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawegg
Talker
Talker

Post by rawegg »

I joined gg after the palette launch but the fact that he looked like bootleg Beetlejuice in the promo photos has been eating away at my soul for months. Kind of a fitting role for him tho

Wonderfreedom123
Learner
Learner

Post by Wonderfreedom123 »

So the girl who left the ‘hâte comment’ on Shane video about his weight and behaviour responded and all his Facebook stans jumped on her and called her a bully and she wasn’t a true fans and she’s fat shaming cause he’s a perfect 300lbs.

Note edited out names in screenshot

Wonderfreedom123
Learner
Learner

0EABDCD4-4BE5-4CC5-838D-89A263813F45.jpeg
So the girl who left the ‘hâte comment’ on Shane video about his weight and behaviour responded and all his Facebook stans jumped on her and called her a bully and she wasn’t a true fans and she’s fat shaming cause he’s a perfect 300lbs.

Note edited out names in screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderfreedom123 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheTruthSeeker
Talker
Talker

Post by TheTruthSeeker »

New thread name.. Shane "My drink says diet, but my ass says McDonalds" Glossin

Wonderfreedom123
Learner
Learner

How about OMG I’m not fat, denying dawson

rainbowme
Talker
Talker

Post by rainbowme »

escargot123 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:09 pm
rainbowme wrote:
You can’t outtrain a bad diet ©
QFT

rainbowme
Talker
Talker

Post by rainbowme »

Muriel Bananafish wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:08 pm
I used to LOVE Shane. I haven't watched him now for a year or two. I don't wish depression or anxiety on anyone - but we adults, especially those who are blessed with the time and money Shane has - have an obligation to work on ourselves. To get better. Sometimes, that means just showering and putting on clean clothes, even when that feels so tiring it's almost painful. I can't help but feel like Shane weaponizes his disorders and manipulates his audience to get them to tell him what he wants to hear. I left a similar comment on a video once, and his stans excoriated me: "YOU CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND MENTAL ILLNESS, YOU BULLY!"

The thing is, I do. Intimately so. And I know that as long as I was being coddled, I was remaining sick. My patience is wearing thin for this very privileged, globally adored grown-up who is willfully deteriorating before an impressionable audience, and either turning it into a joke or using it to periodically fill up his psychic void.
I'm depressed, taking medications for it daily. My life didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it to, I'm 32, single, no kids, barely a social life. But the thing is, I still grew up. Newsflash: few people have perfect lives. At least I have a job and own a house. Like, you can't feel sorry for yourself forever. Lots of people suffer from mental illness, it's not an excuse. At some point you need to grow up and act like an adult, no matter how you feel inside, no matter how hard it is. That's life.

canyounot24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canyounot24 »

He looks so wrecked in his instagram stories.

nico_
Stalker
Stalker

Post by nico_ »

His skin seriously looks terrible

LaserBeam92
Talker
Talker

Post by LaserBeam92 »

Muriel Bananafish wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:08 pm
I used to LOVE Shane. I haven't watched him now for a year or two. I don't wish depression or anxiety on anyone - but we adults, especially those who are blessed with the time and money Shane has - have an obligation to work on ourselves. To get better. Sometimes, that means just showering and putting on clean clothes, even when that feels so tiring it's almost painful. I can't help but feel like Shane weaponizes his disorders and manipulates his audience to get them to tell him what he wants to hear. I left a similar comment on a video once, and his stans excoriated me: "YOU CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND MENTAL ILLNESS, YOU BULLY!"

The thing is, I do. Intimately so. And I know that as long as I was being coddled, I was remaining sick. My patience is wearing thin for this very privileged, globally adored grown-up who is willfully deteriorating before an impressionable audience, and either turning it into a joke or using it to periodically fill up his psychic void.
Exactly what I can't stand either. The situation with Shane has come to the point of him weaponizing victimhood.
I used to have an ED for 2 years, and I was getting nasty looks from some people (and I wasn't even on the underweight category, I just had lost weight weight because I used to be chubbier).
If the situation is really that serious, you don't go up to the camera moaning like a kid how "so many people" comment on your weight and poor you, and it literally was just one, ONE comment.
I don't support being nasty about someone's weight, or even mentioning it (like with Eugenia) but Shane just seems like a big man child who loves complaining and creating issues with himself, to get attention and sympathy. Also he was making fun of himself being fat in front of Eugenia, which is highly inappropriate.

Back in the days, his ed and insecurities seemed more genuine. Now it just seems more like a poor me thing. Just like how he was crying about being poor.

Quincyraven
Learner
Learner

Post by Quincyraven »

I stopped watching shane after the whole fake I love makeup scheme. It was the nail in the coffin for me after he kept enabling, promoting and befriending terrible people (that's really what his "documentaries" were all about). Now I see he had some meltdown over a comment which was really legitimate concern not hateful and shaming at all and now I'm pissed. How far is he going to go peddling this "victimhood" for attention? He's been megafamous for forever I'm sure he's gotten plenty of much worse comments for years as anyone with a major platform would. I know this is not anything new but he's not a victim he's a spoiled brat whos fame and wealth allowed him to never grow up or take real responsibilities. Go cry into your wads of cash you clown and buy a personal trainer and chef if you're so bothered by weight comments because those comments would only bother someone who truly is upset about their weight.

roseau
Talker
Talker

Post by roseau »

ChicagoFlavoredPetty wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:10 pm
roseau wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 am
Andrew must be creatively frustrated working with Shane all the time. Watching him with Garrett in his newest video (writing and producing a song) that shows how fun working with Garrett can be, goofing of etc while shane makes Everything about him (and no, not in a fun and easily relatable way) and stifles everyone else or can't just let them vibe and do their thing without whining about how shitty and stupid it makes him feel.

Garrett managed to have a little segment about his insecurity with singing without dragging the whole thing down. If Shane was making that video that would be the whole focus of the video and showing "the haters" that he doesn't need them, having a much shittier track because he cant let people do their thing without having a heavy input. The only exception might be the Jeffree collab, because that has enough money potential and Jeffree is enough of an asshole that he feels okay sitting back and letting him take control while he cashes the cheque. Some of his demeanour is that narcissistic youtuber tendency to believe that everyone wants your input and thoughts at all time, but some of it is definitely an underlying nasty streak in him. I'm glad Garrett got away from all that and that Andrew isn't enough of an idiot to burn all friendship bridges and be left alone when Shane inevitability dips.

There, Shane, a post that doesn't comment on your weight. Turns out there's more to you than just that, hey? :)
Haven't watched Shane in forever, what happened between him and Garrett?

Return to “Shane Dawson”