They did that on purpose: He sits like a female and she like a male. xDDDD

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Billie Eilish

Post by Marie_10 »

I genuinely love her but I think she'll regret her intense "idgaf" attitude in a few years (unless it only gets worse). I follow a lot of singers and pop culture in general and she seems so unapproachable and cold. It's definitely part of her stage persona but I could see it turning against her.

I'm also curious to see if this album will be her peak or if she's gonna be the next big female artist. She definitely has a fandom but compared to Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande (who are more established and have been for years of course), I don't really see that many dedicated fans of her, at least not on Twitter. I'd say a fandom is pretty important nowadays for an artist longevity/relevancy.

Post by Guest »

Marie_10 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:37 pm
I genuinely love her but I think she'll regret her intense "idgaf" attitude in a few years (unless it only gets worse). I follow a lot of singers and pop culture in general and she seems so unapproachable and cold. It's definitely part of her stage persona but I could see it turning against her.

I'm also curious to see if this album will be her peak or if she's gonna be the next big female artist. She definitely has a fandom but compared to Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande (who are more established and have been for years of course), I don't really see that many dedicated fans of her, at least not on Twitter. I'd say a fandom is pretty important nowadays for an artist longevity/relevancy.
True, but she has established a youth culture. Lots of girls copy her style and hair cut, at least were I live. I just wonder if it will be a phase like Emo, which will fade out and become laughable in the future.

AbsolutelySabelo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by AbsolutelySabelo »

Definitely laughable in the future, the super mega baggy won’t age well

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

AbsolutelySabelo wrote:Definitely laughable in the future, the super mega baggy won’t age well
I think that’s fashion in general though. I don’t think many adults look back fondly on what they wore at 17.

Did you guys see the recent interview where she talks about why she dresses the way she does? I had a feeling it was more than just not wanting to be sexualised. Broke my heart to hear her say her relationship with her body was the most toxic one she’s ever had :// I’m only a year older than her but I can only imagine the hell I’d be going through mentally being 17 and having to deal with those issues while in the spotlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minseokk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by minseokk »

AbsolutelySabelo wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:14 pm
Definitely laughable in the future, the super mega baggy won’t age well
I always thought it started out and still is a kind of gimmick. Like a way to make her stand out from all the other alternative artists out there. I'm sure her style will eventually change like how Lady Gaga started out wearing outrageous outfits for the shock factor but then progressed into more conventional attire.

AbsolutelySabelo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Specially now that she’s turned 18, maybe she’ll start to show more of her body

mi-ya
Debater
Debater

Post by mi-ya »

Laleloudelete23 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:49 am
Yes, I too believe that Ocean eyes is about here, especially as Claudia's song has nearly the same line in the lyrics, but it's about Claudia's green eyes instead.

"With those emerald eyes"
"At those oceans eyes"
I’m not even a fan of Billie Eilish and even I know that ocean eyes isn’t about eye colour. I saw an interview where she said that the songs about a guy who had such intense eyes, that everytime she looked in them she’d get lost, as you would with the ocean. It’s annoying because I keep seeing you comment this, first on Claudias thread and now here, Billie and Finneas’ relationships creepy as fuck but jesus christ stop with the false information

faucetfailure
Lurker
Lurker

Post by faucetfailure »

uh oh, viral tweet talking about finneas' creepiness

screenshots including some replies in case it gets deleted
http://imgur.com/a/c5czIMg sorry idk how to directly post pics in the thread
i really need to see footage of this hostage performance.

also someone claims to have known finneas and billie
https://m.imgur.com/a/hz8nSdr

another viral tweet from a few weeks ago talking about finneas

mi-ya
Debater
Debater

Post by mi-ya »

faucetfailure wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:57 am
uh oh, viral tweet talking about finneas' creepiness

screenshots including some replies in case it gets deleted
http://imgur.com/a/c5czIMg sorry idk how to directly post pics in the thread
i really need to see footage of this hostage performance.

also someone claims to have known finneas and billie
https://m.imgur.com/a/hz8nSdr

another viral tweet from a few weeks ago talking about finneas
THANK FUCK somebody finally said it. Ever since I found out her brother cowrites her songs I’ve not been able to listen to her, most of her songs contain sexually explicit lyrics and she’s written them all when she’s underage, literally as young as 13, it’s fucking weird and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This girl is being exploited for all she’s worth and it’s so sad to see, her fans are blind to this and think her relationship with her brother is gOAlZzZ, it’s fucking not. It’s ridiculously creepy and would make any normal human uncomfortable. Imagine being 20 (then) and writing a song with your then 15/16 y/o sister and thinking ‘might seduce your dad type’ is an appropriate lyric ?? He fucking sexualises her so much it’s vile. The icing on the cake is his girlfriend being Billies long lost twin

AbsolutelySabelo
Wanderer
Wanderer

So Billie’s gonna sing the new bond song, tbh I don’t think she deserves it, it should be someone with a bigger voice and better aesthetic, something closer to the bond aesthetic like Lana maybe or Florence

The true confirmation of her plant status

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

I gotta say, I'm surprised and amazed by her sweep last night. After the controversy with Deborah Dugan, I thought the Recording Academy would for sure give one award to Ariana... I do think Billie deserved all of these, but peaking so young will almost certainly impact her and her career negatively. I think that her Bad Guy era will be similar to Taylor's 1989 era. Billie will be able to make amazing and best selling albums again, but the public and her fans will probably always be longing for that specific sound and emotions in her songs.

Despite all of her wins, she was only the fifth most tweeted about artist last night (the order was BTS, Demi, Ariana, Camila and then Billie). I guess her fandom is mostly tweens on Instagram and TikTok... Camila didn't really have a special moment last night and still managed to surpass her. I think that Billie's PR team should allow her to tweet again, she'd gain immensely by having a solid stan fanbase on Twitter.

faucetfailure
Lurker
Lurker

Post by faucetfailure »

so billie is getting dragged really badly on twitter rn. she said that there is lying in hip hop. lots of people calling her out for being an industry plant and how she is white so she shouldn't be speaking on it. what do you guys think?

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

Her career will be over in ten years, max. She can’t sing.

SnuBaTo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SnuBaTo »

faucetfailure wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:39 am
so billie is getting dragged really badly on twitter rn. she said that there is lying in hip hop. lots of people calling her out for being an industry plant and how she is white so she shouldn't be speaking on it. what do you guys think?
I think she was making a slight at her ex and the SC rapper crowd she used to hang around with and hasnt learned yet that anything and everything she says in written interviews will be twisted and poked and pieces that add proper context wont always be included.
I think she hasn't learned to keep her thoughts to herself about certain things.

but also that some people need to stop taking EVERYTHING a sheltered, barely 18 year old says as proof shes some industry plant whose totally undeserving of everything she has achieved. Those claims are so fucking old and tired when said about ANYONE. And saying she cant say a word about something music related because shes white? uhhhh idk but I think thats a bit of an extreme reaction.

TLDR: People like being mad.

faucetfailure
Lurker
Lurker

Post by faucetfailure »

:D
SnuBaTo wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:42 pm
faucetfailure wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:39 am
I think she was making a slight at her ex and the SC rapper crowd she used to hang around with and hasnt learned yet that anything and everything she says in written interviews will be twisted and poked and pieces that add proper context wont always be included.
I think she hasn't learned to keep her thoughts to herself about certain things.

but also that some people need to stop taking EVERYTHING a sheltered, barely 18 year old says as proof shes some industry plant whose totally undeserving of everything she has achieved. Those claims are so fucking old and tired when said about ANYONE. And saying she cant say a word about something music related because shes white? uhhhh idk but I think thats a bit of an extreme reaction.

TLDR: People like being mad.
glad that someone else mentioned an ex, bc that's what I was thinking as well; she was taking a dig at that dude mtvsevenamp. and I agree, she needs a publicist or better media training for her interviews because one day her mouth will get her into even BIGGER trouble and she'll say something actually problematic. I guess she hasn't realized yet that she's gotten bigger and that people were recently looking for anything to cancel her for (after the Grammys some were saying how she was stealing black culture). I think she should just quickly apologize for being ignorant, bc it's not a good look for her as of now

Catattack2010
Learner
Learner

Post by Catattack2010 »

stuff wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:45 am
Her career will be over in ten years, max. She can’t sing.
Does anyone have any old videos of her actually singing??
Idk back in my day, Britney spears, backstreet boys, christina Aguilera, they could all ACTUALLY sing. Now we literally have ppl who whisper lyrics. Idk anymore.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

Spears could never sing, still can’t.

Return to “Music”