Shane "GotMyCashGottaDash" Dawson (Pt. 25)

Re: Shane "GotMyCashGottaDash" Dawson (Pt. 25)

Post by Guest »

this was a repeat comment by accident
Last edited by Guest on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I got the mini controversy palette & I’m not trying to be rude, but it straight up smells like cat piss. I’m not even kidding. I love the colors & stuff, but the smell is off putting. If anyone else here purchased it, did yours have a weird ass smell too? I ordered it from Jeffree Star’s website the day after launch day so it’s not a fake palette. It smells weird.

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hooyah123 »

RedLeafQueen7 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:32 pm
I got the mini controversy palette & I’m not trying to be rude, but it straight up smells like cat piss. I’m not even kidding. I love the colors & stuff, but the smell is off putting. If anyone else here purchased it, did yours have a weird ass smell too? I ordered it from Jeffree Star’s website the day after launch day so it’s not a fake palette. It smells weird.
i would feel bad for u if the palette was from another brand but.....

either way it just speaks to how horrible j* stuff is, i really don't think his makeup is as good as people say
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

Guuuuurl
Informer
Informer

Post by Guuuuurl »

RedLeafQueen7 wrote:
I got the mini controversy palette & I’m not trying to be rude, but it straight up smells like cat piss.
Cat urine? Sounds on-brand for Shane.

Post by Guest »

hooyahdelete23 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:44 pm
RedLeafQueen7 wrote:
i would feel bad for u if the palette was from another brand but.....

either way it just speaks to how horrible j* stuff is, i really don't think his makeup is as good as people say
Do NOT feel bad for me lol. I bought it because I wanted the green shade & my idiot self didn’t pay enough attention before buying that they changed it to diet root beer. I ended up just wasting my money on something that smell like my cats litter box. Lol. I also wasn’t as impressed with the formula. I have a palette from L’Oréal that goes on like “butter” & this palette doesn’t.. atleast not compared to the L’Oréal one. Not trying to completely trash it because there were people that ACTUALLY put in the hard work to make it, package it, & create the packaging, & shipping it, etc.. so I’m not trying to be cruel to those folks at all. I was not expecting it to smell the way it did though so I was making sure that I didn’t get one that had Cheeto pee in lol.

Hamil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hamil »

RedLeafQueen7 wrote:
When I bought some lipsticks from his site years ago they also smelled like cat piss. Standard for his products, I guess.

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

Hamil wrote:
RedLeafQueen7 wrote:
When I bought some lipsticks from his site years ago they also smelled like cat piss. Standard for his products, I guess.
Could it be because they contain urea as a preservative? Lots of cosmetic products contain urea but they don’t reek of cat piss! Yikes!

Melody7827
Informer
Informer

Post by Melody7827 »

CheriBeriBem wrote:
Hamil wrote:
RedLeafQueen7 wrote:
Could it be because they contain urea as a preservative? Lots of cosmetic products contain urea but they don’t reek of cat piss! Yikes!
Idk, but I do know the chemical smell all his products give off is insane. Even the ones I've had for almost a year still have that distinct smell

Post by Guest »

I never heard of any makeup brand that smells like cat piss, I hope it's safe to use

neetbuzzer
Learner
Learner

Post by neetbuzzer »

I read that the smell is particularly pronounced in the Mini for some reason! And it sucks that you just wanted the green, RedLeafQueen7! It is beautiful, and honestly it's so annoying that they're NOW releasing it as a single. So stupid. Apparently Empire by Color Pop is a decent dupe tho? <3

It's so odd that Jafar is fine with them being fragrance free at the cost of cat piss fumes when nearly every other facet of his cosmetics are deliberately, artificially ~appealing (over the top packaging, unusual colors/finishes, etc.). Plus the Shane lip balm/gloss are scented right? So wtf.

If I bought a product designed to be put near my eyes or mouth and it smelt like my cat's box I'd assume it'd gone off. I'd take (mild) fragrance over that tbh.
Image Image Niles, you gossipy fishwife!

Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Encyclopedia »

Had to come back here because the constant makeup posts and appreciation posts for Shane on his reddit was annoying me again. Glad to be back, but first I have to say you couldn't pay me to buy a palette that allegedly smells like cat pee and is meant to be put on the face. Though I'm not a huge makeup fan, I just feel like some of ya'll need self respect. Also is it not poor practice to acknowledge this and do nothing about it? I know Shane is lazy, but Jeffreak too? How is it even worth buying it for the few colors that look decent and a foul odor???

Post by Guest »

Encyclopedia wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 pm
Had to come back here because the constant makeup posts and appreciation posts for Shane on his reddit was annoying me again. Glad to be back, but first I have to say you couldn't pay me to buy a palette that allegedly smells like cat pee and is meant to be put on the face. Though I'm not a huge makeup fan, I just feel like some of ya'll need self respect. Also is it not poor practice to acknowledge this and do nothing about it? I know Shane is lazy, but Jeffreak too? How is it even worth buying it for the few colors that look decent and a foul odor???
This was my first time buying anything from Jeffree. The time it took to ship to my house & lack of communication, plus the smell ALL make me regret finally giving in & buying something from them. I got too invested in the production process. Goes to show programming works. I wasn’t aware that it was going to smell like this though because other fragrance free eyeshadows I have don’t smell like that so I didn’t think that his would. Trust me, if I knew it’d smell like this, I would have never bought it. I would love to say something about it to him, but I do NOT want to get publicly shamed by him & have people come after me since both he & Shane have a track record of doing this. Someone else said he has it stated on his website that his make up is fragrance free so the ingredients smell horrible. Should have just made the eye makeup smell like root beer just like the lippy I got along with the mini. At least one of them smelled good.

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE PERSON WHO SUGGESTED A DUPE TO ME! You’re very much appreciated.💛

ksjmcplh
Talker
Talker

Post by ksjmcplh »

KittyGussip wrote: I never heard of any makeup brand that smells like cat piss, I hope it's safe to use
doesn't jafar's eyeshadows have talc in them? :?

Melody7827
Informer
Informer

Post by Melody7827 »

I was looking up the green shade to remember what it looks like and I found this
Screenshot_20191209-205332_Samsung Internet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sanityisillegal
Learner
Learner

Post by sanityisillegal »

Shane's makeup always looked like shit and while watching the series you're manipulated to think that it looks alright because it's Shane but... No

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

f <3

[H]
Learner
Learner

Post by [H] »

Melody7827 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:00 pm
I was looking up the green shade to remember what it looks like and I found this

Screenshot_20191209-205332_Samsung Internet.jpg
It speaks volumes that those are considered his best :?

renette
Learner
Learner

Post by renette »

Guys, I just watched new Rylands vlog, and i dunno... I think that Shane dealing (more like NOT dealing) with some serious issues rn, like beyond his usual infantilism. And it's not the first vlog where he acts like that. I don't know if he's ever been that unstable, bc I watch him only for three years or so, but how he acts there is more cranky than ever. And ever since they bought that house, he's just gone totally loose. He's gained more weight, became ultra moody, and that weird "robe" thing was like a moment when he completely let go of any efforts to stay stable, to watch himself. Strange how Ryland didn't make him get help or organize him at least a little, he's is a proactive mom in their relationship after all. And while we're making fun of him crying in the bathroom over money, it's really not a norm even for his dramatic self. And not something to be mocked. It's sad. And sad that he just lets it all happen.

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Re: Shane

Post by Cryptic »

disgracedwaterpuppy wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 am
The frustrating thing though, is that no matter how much footage/audio of Shane joking about or admitting to doing horribly heinous things, his dumb teen fans will hide behind the "It was a different time! It's been so long he's changed!" excuse. I truly don't think any controversy would ever ruin his career unless something he did/said recently came out.
Weren't the disturbing comments he made about paedophilia and his story about molesting his cat in like 2014? They act as if it happened in another century lmao as if we don't have memories of this time contradicting what they're saying. There was always a clear distinction between Shane's serious side and when he was making jokes. Oddly enough these "edgy jokes" were only told on the podcast. How do they explain that Shane's own co-host didn't get the memo and got super creeped out by Shane's pedo "joke"?

Wonderfreedom123
Learner
Learner

Post by Wonderfreedom123 »

I agree he is definitely going through something right now. But at the same time maybe it’s just that he’s lonely now the series and all that hype is over.. he back in the relationship he clearly is less interested in than he was 2 years ago. I feel for ryland though putting up with Shane’s miserableness all the time. Can’t be fun having to be the only adult in the relationship

Return to “Shane Dawson”