Shane “lipgloss on a pig” Glossin - Part 24

Melody7827
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane “lipgloss on a pig” Glossin - Part 24

Post by Melody7827 »

Wish I took a screenshot, but I saw on twitter someone's pallette arrive missing the shade conspiracy. The whole pan was missing

Qgc+
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Qgc+ »

Garrett puts on the “omg I’m so shy, I’m awkward, no one likes me” act the same way Shane puts on the “omg I’m so poor I’m scared my makeup won’t sell” act. I don’t understand how y’all don’t see through it. Birds of a feather flock together. Garrett has always annoyed me, as I felt he was too grown to act the way he does. I get it, people can be awkward introverts, whatever. But he is just off to me. I feel like he plays it up for the camera because he knows Shane acts up and his fans love it, the same way Andrew does that obnoxious hyena laugh, Morgan puts on the clumsy loser role, and Ryland is overly flamboyant. You guys see through them but Garrett is the exception? Lol Of course he wants to seem like the sweet, overgrown man child. None of them are better than the other in my personal opinion. When the group crumbles I’m sure it’ll all be revealed anyway.

youtubeisnotajob
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubeisnotajob »

So shane isnt going to cover the drama but now...He absolutely should put it in there ONLY bc he put it in the trailer. He doesnt "owe" anyone anything but I think it's only right to show it bc it was a huge part if the trailer..if he doesn't show it..it seems he manipulated people to get them into it and then is like OH NVM

DiabolicalDollx
Talker
Talker

Post by DiabolicalDollx »

Whoever theorized that Jeffree may address the drama om his own channel, don't hold much hope in that happening. He's liking tweets from fans supporting the decision not to address the drama as (quoting the liked tweet) "the success is theirs & not off the back of cold tea".

Oh so it's cold tea now? Funny that because it was warm enough tea to use in the trailer as an incentive for people to watch their 9 part advertisement but as soon as there's a chance Jeffree may have to take some form of accountability the drama's suddenly 'cold tea'? K.
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

How are Morgan and Ryland related to Chris and Sagan? I just realized I grew up with them but ryland isn’t their brother? Or he wasn’t back then

renette
Learner
Learner

Post by renette »

Qgc+ wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 pm
Garrett puts on the “omg I’m so shy, I’m awkward, no one likes me” act the same way Shane puts on the “omg I’m so poor I’m scared my makeup won’t sell” act. I don’t understand how y’all don’t see through it. Birds of a feather flock together. Garrett has always annoyed me, as I felt he was too grown to act the way he does. I get it, people can be awkward introverts, whatever. But he is just off to me. I feel like he plays it up for the camera because he knows Shane acts up and his fans love it, the same way Andrew does that obnoxious hyena laugh, Morgan puts on the clumsy loser role, and Ryland is overly flamboyant. You guys see through them but Garrett is the exception? Lol Of course he wants to seem like the sweet, overgrown man child. None of them are better than the other in my personal opinion. When the group crumbles I’m sure it’ll all be revealed anyway.
I agree he overdoes it sometimes, but with Garrett it's not a sympathy factor that's the end goal (unlike Shane who would go around with a literal pigtail in his ass while crying how tough it is if it pleased his audience and got attention). He does things he wants, even when he feels confused he finds a solution and a will to move on (again unlike Shaane). I have never heard him extensively rant about some bullshit so we would pity him. And he acts excessively childish mostly to entertain those around him (including his fans). In collab videos, interviews Garrett is much more cool and collected than in his vids (or Shane's). Garrett loves to be present, he's excited about life, and it shows (even with his sleep schedule lol), and yes, of course he exaggerates things for videos, but it doesn't feel negative (to me at least).

It's totally different with Shane's latest breakdowns and whining, he doesn't just "share" or "trust" his emotions, he literally throws all his non-existent problems at us, and expects us to pity him, so we would say "oh it's okay, you're a doll, we're gonna buy your stuff even if it's terrible", even though we know how much he had fucked up before.

Concerning "roles" and "acts" that youtubers put on, it's a totally normal thing to create and sustain, otherwise the entertainment part would be gone, and videos, shows would become somewhat mundane. It's obvious creators are much more calm and civil IRL, but it wouldn't be so captivating on camera. So it's a standard practice to create a special image for a show, nothing hypocritical about that, imo.

issa_bella
Learner
Learner

Post by issa_bella »

If you go back to Garett's oldest instagram photos (unless he deleted them already)... dude is a pretty decent/good looking guy- tall, slim, with decent facial bone structures. On Grindr, he'd get a hookup in less than 5 minutes. He met Shane and started to change his physical appearance and behaviour to be "weird", self-deprecating, not conventionally attractive but likeable- Shane's market- middle and high schoolers. I don't think Garett is mean spirited but he is pretentious. Look! None of my gay friends would reject this dude on Grindr or Tinder. He is a cute gay guy. Shane has a weird effect on people where they see how "different" he is and how liked it is by his youtube fans and so they kind of emulate it. Garett is not as annoying as Ryland where I'd rather eat glass than watch a minute of him doing some mediocre shit.

Nourah333
Learner
Learner

Post by Nourah333 »

Garrett isn’t prefect but at last he doesn’t play the victim card like shane does. Shane pretend to care about people so they’ll make videos with him once that done he move to the next one , Garrett post video ( with much better editing ) and then leaves unlike shane who says all year omg guys sooo much work I stayed all night editing i work sooo hard :roll: then he post videos with awful editing & loud music then once someone doesn’t agree with him he gets so defensive and upset . Say what you want to say about Garrett but at last he’s more self aware than shane and genuinely kind to people, plus he didn’t left his friends behind once he got famous he still has the same group of friends for years.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

I'm honestly indifferent towards Garret. I wouldn't label him problematic though. At least not in a way that he needs to be "canceled." It's one thing to be overly quirky for the camera, it's another thing to be overly quirky and take advantage of people like Shane does. His fake tears and all that come along with it.

Shane legit needs to be called out and not be able to hide behind 12 year olds and adults with low self-esteem. He legitimately is pretending that 10 years worth of things didn't happen. It isn't even like the stuff that he should be hiding from. It's stuff like he has been poor up until a week ago or that he he has never had brand deals or merch in stores.

I very much doubt that he was ever diagnosed with body dysmorphia or any form of anxiety. They just sounded nice in his head once he read them because he could get away with saying it and used it too appease to his idiot fans.

CatWoman124
Informer
Informer

Post by CatWoman124 »

DiabolicalDollx wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 pm
Lonesomecheese wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:02 pm
DiabolicalDollx wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:56 am
I don't know why Shane being poor or not is even a discussion? Did you see the size of him when he was younger/in school? Obesity in poverty is an oxymoron. For those who have experienced financial hardship, who know the real burden & struggle of living with the consequences of trying to survive on little/no money, it's clear to see he wasn't as 'poor' as he makes out. I know what poverty looks like and it doesn't look like a 400lb teenager.

Now it's 2019 & the racist, offensive, tryhard edgy shit won't fly anymore so his 'shtick' is exaggerating his childhood hardship, pigs (?), conspiracy theories & trying to turn mental health struggles into a brand. That's what happens when you have no admirable qualities or talent.
Not true. Poverty level for a household of 5 is like 24k. You can (with foodstamps) afford enough to be fat. Esp with pasta and such. Doesn't mean you aren't 2 months behind on bills, always stressed, spending money you don't have on food because fuck it you'll lose it all anyway. Poverty is a house over your head and even obesity, but you're always 2 months behind, always tired, always stringing paychecks along. It's not just people starving on street corners.

Now that isn't to say you couldn't be better with money and eat less, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Plus, foodbanks, school may have had free food, etc.
I don't what your definition of poverty is but it's different to mine. An impoverished household should not, by my definition, be financially able to sustain a 400lb human. I think if you have the money for that amount of food, I would think you're not impoverished. I don't know about food stamps, I'm from the UK. Familes & people living in poverty here are having to use food banks which certainly isn't enough to support someone to maintain 400lbs. I'm not an imbecile, I know that poverty & hardship isn't exclusive to homeless people. Also, living paycheck to paycheck is a luxury for some as a lot of people are lucky if their money lasts them a week with the standard of living cost inflating.I don't believe Shane experienced the real struggles of being poor & the fact he was 400lbs supports my belief.
Hey, I don't want to drudge this up again but since it was very scary to read with how ignorant it was. The comment about living paycheck-to-paycheck being a luxury withstanding, because YIKES!

Next time you are at the store go look at the junk food section. They are very high in calories and CHEAP. A couple of documentaries (Super Size Me is a popular one I think everyone should have watched by now and I don't usually say experiences are universial) touch on the fact it is much cheaper to go to say McDonalds for a family meal then by a singular apple. The dollar menu burger is around 400 calories, while an apple is around 60 calories and the same price. What are you going to choose when you only have $2 to your name?

Also if you want a fun show, go watch My 600 lb Life. Most of those people are anywhere from 500-600 lbs and living in poverty on disability (and a caretaker's paycheck for the S.O.) It may be hard for you to believe being from the UK, but in America, where Shane is located, it is very possible. Since you are already on the Internet, I recommend you educate yourself, starting with the two documentaries I have provided. ;)

Qgc+
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Qgc+ »

That’s lovely that you guys seem to really care for and about Garrett but I just don’t lol. I don’t find him genuine or many people on YouTube for that matter. I wouldn’t dare hang around problematic people no matter how sweet, kind and unproblematic I am. If he was friends with them before all of this fame and money, maybe I’d understand why they still hang around each other despite the scandals. But since they haven’t been friends for years upon years, (this applies to Ryland and Morgan too) it’s just not realistic to me why anyone would stick around people who always seem to have drama linked to them. If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas. So..there’s that lol.

This is all just my opinion guys. I fully respect all of your thoughts and opinions as well lol. None of my friends watch YouTube and the reddit users seem to be up Shane’s ass so I figured I’d come here and share my little opinion since it’s been on my mind lol.

Post by Guest »

:barf: :barf:

That entire account is so fucking pathetic. This fanbase really is a disgrace.

WHAT THE ACTUAL?

MilkandSugar
Learner
Learner

Post by MilkandSugar »

Why does everyone keep saying they broke the internet? One site crashed and that was it. I was playing neopets just fine during launch.

WoahStinky
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by WoahStinky »

Okay but you guys... y’all are arguing about the wrong thing. The point of all this is to say SHANE IS NOT IN POVERTY. He has multiple properties, and investments. His house is gorgeous and a multi million dollar home. He is by NO MEANS strapped for cash. He has said multiple times that they never cook and only postmate food. I remember in one of rylands videos they didn’t even have basic cookware, and he didn’t even know how to preheat the oven because they never use it.

Before this series Shane had money, was making money and wasn’t by any means stretched for cash. Ryland owns a god damn g wagon for fucks sake.

Shane became friends with Jefferey “Dollar Sign” Star and realized that he could make money by manipulating his fans, and he doesn’t want to post the video with the drama because he’s too lazy to edit it, he’s already made millions alone off his palette, and he also doesn’t want to make himself or his sugar daddy J upset or look bad. It’s not that deep.

Post by Guest »

MilkandSugar wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:46 pm
Why does everyone keep saying they broke the internet? One site crashed and that was it. I was playing neopets just fine during launch.
Ikr? It happened with a lot of celebs' lunches, they are not the first and won't be the last to do the same
Plus, jennifer Aniston froze Instagram for few minutes after she made an account and people flooded the website to follow her, but she is not bragging about breaking Instagram :lol:

BigRhonda
Learner
Learner

Post by BigRhonda »

2012 Shane would be so sad to see where he is now. He used to do daily vlogs AND a skit every friday, which means he did eight videos a week. Now he can't be bother to upload a few videos a year without complaining how tired and poor he is. After Not Cool flopped and Lauren quit, his dream of being a director died, which caused his interest in youtube to decline. The reason he started youtube was because he wanted a creative outlet to make skits, but now he has lost all interest. I don't think he really cares about youtube like he used to, and that has become very apparent with this series.

Lonesomecheese
Learner
Learner

Post by Lonesomecheese »

WoahStinky wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:02 pm
Okay but you guys... y’all are arguing about the wrong thing. The point of all this is to say SHANE IS NOT IN POVERTY. He has multiple properties, and investments. His house is gorgeous and a multi million dollar home. He is by NO MEANS strapped for cash. He has said multiple times that they never cook and only postmate food. I remember in one of rylands videos they didn’t even have basic cookware, and he didn’t even know how to preheat the oven because they never use it.

Before this series Shane had money, was making money and wasn’t by any means stretched for cash. Ryland owns a god damn g wagon for fucks sake.

Shane became friends with Jefferey “Dollar Sign” Star and realized that he could make money by manipulating his fans, and he doesn’t want to post the video with the drama because he’s too lazy to edit it, he’s already made millions alone off his palette, and he also doesn’t want to make himself or his sugar daddy J upset or look bad. It’s not that deep.
We're not arguing that he's not rich now. We're arguing that "I say him being 400 pounds as a child supports my opinion that he was never poor despite all the evidence contrary so therefore it does" is fundamentally head-in-sand.

Which, makes the fact that he's so fat now even worse really. He can afford all the good food in the world and a person to tell him what to eat every day.

Morvphefe
Talker
Talker

Post by Morvphefe »

CheesyBirdMess wrote: :barf: :barf:

That entire account is so fucking pathetic. This fanbase really is a disgrace.
Has anyone dug deeply enough into this account to confirm it isn't run by Shane or one of his employees friends?

I know it's likely just some "notice me senpai" young moron with real mental issues, but it's so damn sad that I want to believe it's #sponsoredcontent.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

BigRhonda wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:43 am
2012 Shane would be so sad to see where he is now. He used to do daily vlogs AND a skit every friday, which means he did eight videos a week. Now he can't be bother to upload a few videos a year without complaining how tired and poor he is. After Not Cool flopped and Lauren quit, his dream of being a director died, which caused his interest in youtube to decline. The reason he started youtube was because he wanted a creative outlet to make skits, but now he has lost all interest. I don't think he really cares about youtube like he used to, and that has become very apparent with this series.
Yes but that all happened because he allowed a little bit of success to get to his head. He now tries to romanticize those old skits as his gateway into the beauty community. When he first came out as bisexual, he used those same skits and characters claiming that they had always been drag queens routines. When in reality they were that of an immature "straight" (for lack of a better word) kid putting on a Halloween wig and some dollar store lipsticks.

He's lived in several large homes, some of which he was clearly the primary provider for his mother and at least one of his brothers. Then he tries to make the ultimate "pity me series" and it turns out his father would have gladly spent time with him, there was no abuse, and it seems like his early childhood had good memories, and his mother was more to blame in them being a single parent household.

The two major relationships he has been in he has treated his partners like shit. Mind you one of them clearly has only been there for the money and he might be spiting the other one by bragging about wanting a family with the gold digger even though neither one of them should be around children.

He fucked up his own career. He never wanted to be a director. He wanted to be an actor on... Disney Channel :? He never wanted to be a beauty guru and he never will be considering part of beauty is hygiene which he lacks entirely.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Little does J* know, Shane did exactly that. Hired J* 😂

Return to “Shane Dawson”