Thank you Bananahammock 90 for the brilliant thread name :love2:
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

ermar226
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shane “lipgloss on a pig” Glossin - Part 24

Post by ermar226 »

I think it's safe to say that the 'tea' from the trailer was dropped. The remaining eps will be the launch and the bts of that and that's all.

It's so obvious Shane started editing right before the series premiered and continued to edit throughout. So what was he doing all those months when he said he was editing lmao.

And I agree with most of you guys from the last thread about the palette being meh. The packaging/color story is nothing to write home about but I do like that double zip makeup bag.

Potbaby
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Potbaby »

Has anyone pointed out the fact that it was ANDREW who designed the palette?
Andrew got the idea from that lady and made the design on pS , Shane was quick to swoop in and say "OH MY Gawd!! This was exactly what I envisioned but was unable to put it on paper!! I hope that they wont be mad that WE designed the entire case"
No, Shane. You were unable to put it down on paper BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CREATIVITY.
All you are is a personality now, all you brought to the table was the idea of a spiral and left it at THAT.
Andrew better get some $$$ for designing the packaging, just my two cents.
All Shane did was take some colours from the riviera palette and the prism palette from ABH that he liked and left it at that.
This collection is visually chaotic and unappealing, the only nice thing is that packaging that AN OUTSIDER DESIGNED

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Did everyone notice that the merchandise says 'Designed in the USA' - then Andrew filmed the warehouse and printed on the sides of boxes it said 'Made In China' ....... !
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

grarlene
Learner
Learner

Post by grarlene »

The way Shane edits seems to have given his stans a really warped sense of the realities of editing. I read last night someone critiquing Shane doing a last minute change and taking forever to upload, and someone basically responded that editing even just a minute of footage can take a few hours... :roll:

Yeah, I guess maybe if he’s doing some intense special effects or something, but nothing in that video indicated that editing a minute would take HOURS.

The gymnastics his fans do to defend him against “haters” is both ridiculous and hilarious.

Idk96
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Idk96 »

I don't know how Jeffree somehow managed to come out looking like the best person in this series. Maybe it's because he was the one who was actually handling things and getting everything in order? As opposed to Shane, who picked some colors, and then did literally nothing else.

Manybananas
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Manybananas »

Yeah the prom queen song does not fit for one of the most popular youtubers on the platform... I was thinking that when it played.
Some say our national pastime is baseball. Not me. It's gossip.
-E.Bombeck

Christine 1958 Fury
Informer
Informer

Post by Christine 1958 Fury »

I wonder if Titty and Lames found some way to gag the drama part of the 'documentary'... wouldn't be surprised at all. I can see Jeffree being all like, 'Fuck it; I won't be bullied into silence!!!' but Shane going to pieces at the least threat of legal action. I think the Westbrooks might be con artisty enough to pull it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J326AZ using Tapatalk

Tko0816
Learner
Learner

Post by Tko0816 »

Fuck after seeing swatches I’m mad cause I actually want the conspiracy pallet. Everyone is saying the color story is horrible but you need to look at it in smaller sections. Check the left 6 middle 6 and right 6 then the first row second row and third row. It’s 6 beautiful color combos. The swatches look bomb too you can’t deny the quality it has. Now the packaging is boring, he should have gone with the TV box or something totally different, I hate how it has the same clasps as blue blood and blood sugar. If he was going to do a coffin style box he should have made it more unique to him and less like what jeffree has done. I do actually like the text and format on the packaging. I like that his logo is centered and stands out from the rest of the top.

Now the mini controversy is UGLY, why would they put so much purple into it!? Also the packaging between the two doesn’t really go together, same with the pig box for the extremely ugly liquid lips. That Shane liquid lip color is so ugly on pale/medium skin🤮

I think the best parts of everything they are releasing are all things that shane didn’t partake in designing, such as the makeup bags and the clear gloss. Either way 10 months for this and videos he can’t even get up on a schedule is tragic.

Edit: typos

bananahammock90
Talker
Talker

Post by bananahammock90 »

Shane spends all of his time in bed. He says he spends everyday editing but it’s late night efforts that probably need to be redone once it all comes together. He makes a career of his depression jokes but the man needs to get it together.

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

So if they're still filming, does it mean that only 6 episodes were already recording? So he had even less episodes to edit, so even less excuses for the delay in his videos. Or maybe there was the drama episode that is still to come and was already recorded? This is a mess.

Mesine
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Mesine »

Quite similar I think!

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

I was unable to actually take a good look at the palette while they were revealing it in J*'s office, I had never really realized how bad Andrew's camerawork was because I was always more focused on the bad content but HOLY SHIT, I found myself moving my head around trying to get a glimpse of the palette after Shane initially opened it. Why was he filming so close to them where he couldn't get a shot of them excitedly screaming and the palette all in frame? If Shane is planning to continue uploading series to YT he should consider maybe getting a new cameraman. Do we think that the horrible editing is Shane's fault or Andrew's? I went back to watch videos Andrew had edited, even videos he's edited for other YTers and they weren't as bad so IDK if he just gave up or if this is all Shane's doing.
00:00 ●───────── 1:43 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

gossipgirl99
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipgirl99 »

Potbaby wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:51 am
Has anyone pointed out the fact that it was ANDREW who designed the palette?
Andrew got the idea from that lady and made the design on pS , Shane was quick to swoop in and say "OH MY Gawd!! This was exactly what I envisioned but was unable to put it on paper!! I hope that they wont be mad that WE designed the entire case"
No, Shane. You were unable to put it down on paper BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CREATIVITY.
All you are is a personality now, all you brought to the table was the idea of a spiral and left it at THAT.
Andrew better get some $$$ for designing the packaging, just my two cents.
I bet that's exactly how Jeffree's team feel expecially the design team. Literally it's a product that was created by Jeffree's team, even Jeffree arranged the swatches and already had the colors, Andrew designed his case, the photographer designed those awesome sets and took all photos and the person who will be taking home a lot of money is Shane. It is like that with a lot of other Youtubers with their own merch though.

I think this documentary has been disappointing to watch and I don't hate Shane or anything, but the way its so over the top with his reactions and the way he speaks to Jeffree's team and he just comes in and doesn't make any effort in what he wears to the meetings. Everyone is working their ass off and does everything and he will be a multi millionnaire for this and go on about how HIS product is so successful blah blah. Obviously Jeffree will be taking home more money than him, but it is Jeffree's business and he hooked Shane up to everyone. Also how Jefree's dog died and all Shane can say is omg gawd over and over, not thank you for coming over to do a photo shoot for my product and being here for me :roll: :roll: :roll:

LadyGrinningSoul
Learner
Learner

Post by LadyGrinningSoul »

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think when Shane had the suit and slicked back hair actually looked good hahaha well, I don’t know if “good” is the right word, but anything is an improvement on how gross Shane usually looks. I don’t think we’ve ever seen him in a suit before, and the fit is just nice on it. As for the hair, I HATE his usual hairstyle, he always brushes the sides forward and it looks really bad to me. So the slicked back style was interesting lol it reminded me of when Shane shaved his emo hair off and his hair was like a buzz cut, it actually looked really good on him. So other than the crazy colors and makeup, the silhouette looked nice. I hope this makes sense lol He seemed more mature and put together, and I think it suited him. Maybe he should get a stylist or a wardrobe and hair makeover a la “what not to wear”

As for the palette, yikes. I feel like the first row with all of the neutrals looks kind of cool toned and ashy, although I’m not sure yet, because we still haven’t gotten a good look at swatches for the final formula.

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

auntiflo13 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:54 am
Did everyone notice that the merchandise says 'Designed in the USA' - then Andrew filmed the warehouse and printed on the sides of boxes it said 'Made In China' ....... !
I don't see anything wrong with that (textually). "Designed in the USA" tends to make people think that the whole shebang has been taken care of in the US - which it clearly asn't, as the boxes state. While it was designed in the US - we've seen that part - everything else has been done in China for obvious reasons.

TunaNoodle
Talker
Talker

Post by TunaNoodle »

"Post by Blueballsandbentleys » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Shane looks like he is wearing a bra for the photoshoot but yet they still had a 10min long montage of him working out. No shame, I just thought maybe if they added him working out, they would somehow make a conclusion of his weight loss."

Sorry - I can't quote properly because this post was in the last thread. I hadn't really noticed just how much weight Shane has put on this year until the flashback scene to that office they visited the first time they came to J*'s facility. It was really startling. Also - did he re-start his workout regime like 3 weeks before the photoshoot? With more than 50lbs to lose? Why bother.

Post by Guest »

Well, at least a wild Garrett appeared finally.

Hyperventilointi
Learner
Learner

Post by Hyperventilointi »

Tko0816 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:16 am
Fuck after seeing swatches I’m mad cause I actually want the conspiracy pallet. Everyone is saying the color story is horrible but you need to look at it in smaller sections. Check the left 6 middle 6 and right 6 then the first row second row and third row. It’s 6 beautiful color combos. The swatches look bomb too you can’t deny the quality it has. Now the packaging is boring, he should have gone with the TV box or something totally different, I hate how it has the same clasps as blue blood and blood sugar.
Yes, unpopular opinion and I hate to agree on this! I really like the shades, couldn't give any less shits about the ''story'' but the first row is full of neutrals for a base, second one for drama and third one for something darker. I wouldn't mix those radical shades together either, but they just happened to pick those juicy reds, that lovely dark green and plum... I'm not crazy about eyeshadow usually, but I love to rock a dramatic shade paired accordingly with my clothing choices. Might have to pull the trigger on this one, but if y'all know a similar palette that's prettier, let me know! 8-)

This actually reminds me a bit of BareMinerals Aurora Lights eyeshadow palette, which has been discontinued unfortunately

https://www.amazon.com.au/bareMinerals- ... B07HYJ7LV6

mdlovesgg
Learner
Learner

Post by mdlovesgg »

Put on your tinfoil hats and unwashed clothes, because I have a real conspiracy theory here...

We can almost collectively agree that he put the "drama" in the trailer to get more people to watch. But he does still have those clips, since they had to at least exist for the trailer purposes.

Now, this is Shane, the laziest fucking creator out there. He wants any and every excuse to take 10,000 years to put something out or "edit" or whatever he wants to call his excuse for being two steps away from being a Jenna Marbles level agoraphobe. What if at the end of this series he has a "heartfelt" moment to tell the viewers that during the "process" he saw how dark beauty can be blah blah, and teases an actual drama series on the beauty industry?

Now I'm not saying it'll be good or even exist. But if he's ever going to give even an ounce of drama it'll be through milking the footage he already got during the past year.

Return to “Shane Dawson”