Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by PiinkFart »

Gurugossiping wrote:Any thread name suggestions for the next thread?
Shane “the worlds poorest millionaire” Dawson

NingBing
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by NingBing »

The palette really isn’t nice at all.

I’m trying to look at it without any of the “i hate Shane Dawson”-bias and it’s still really bad. I’m picturing myself in a store looking at palettes, with no clue who SD is, and these are my reactions:

- the colour story is awful. That yellow shade sticks out like a sore thumb. The general feeling I get from it is just... *yawn*. Or maybe that it’s messy. I only see like 3 shades in there that I’d wear

- the packaging... it really bothers me how it reads like “ConspSDiracy”. Otherwise the packaging is... decent. I’m glad they didn’t go with the flat spiral package. I’d probably be more likely to take a closer look at this one

- the mini palette. they did take out that green shade people seemed to really love. like with the main palette, the colour story isn’t nice at all. And the two blue shades right next to eachother... no. They should definitely have cut one of the blue ones and kept the green one instead. And the packaging is pretty “meh”.

- the Shane lipstick... the colour really is awful. The rest of them really aren’t anything special. I would probably not pick up and look at or swatch any of them

So my final thoughts, trying to distance myself from the creator as much as possible, it’s not a great palette. The packaging, for me, is overtaken by the whole ConspSDiracy thing. If I’m picturing myself in a store looking at palettes, I’d notice that immediately before anything else. If I picture myself opening it, I feel like I’d have a “what’s going on here”-reaction, the yellow shade would attack my eye immediately (so my first impressions would be of the ConspSDiracy thing, and then that yellow shade).

So yeah, if I had never heard about Shane Dawson I’d still not like the palette (and the SD in the middle would probably throw me off even more).

This is all just based on me and my personal opinion of it, imagining myself in a store looking at different palettes. And of course my personal taste in make up.
(and i feel like I should add that I don’t really wear eye make up because of being nearly blind on one eye, which means I don’t have too much experience with palettes. But I still love looking at them, and swatching them in stores).
Constantly Confused
:love2:
[english is not my first language]

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Return to “Shane Dawson”