Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Magnethicc
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by Magnethicc »

I actually quite liked the color story once they were choosing all the colors. Then it kinda made sense and I liked it.

But wtf are these colors now? I bet 99% of people who buy this palette will use it a couple of times and then probably regret buying it, but those are the people who give Shane and Jeffree all the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

Shane is cunning. He is purposely making it all emotional and constantly crying to manipulate his young audience into purchasing the pallet. Constantly saying “I’m scared it won’t sell!” is intentional and a very sneaky way of pressuring his subscribers to buy the products. Stans are so goddamn dumb but Shane wants that $$$.

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

The mini controversy color story was actually nice the conspiracy palette looked like they just combined fall and spring collections lol

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

Just saw the palette and imo it looks basic as fuck. Looks like something NYX would have put out a few years ago with their "avant" palettes.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Between the two I do prefer Mini Controversy. While the Conspiracy packaging looks cool, it's not practical. Those big boxy things like Blood Sugar and Blue Blood... where do you store something like that? I have my palettes, all nice and flat, together stored where I can access them easily and they travel easily. I can't imagine travelling with a box like that, they have to be heavier, right?

Definitely anyone buying the Conspiracy palette is doing so for the collectors value. Which I can see, but it just isn't for me.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Hollyb14
Learner
Learner

Re: Shane

Post by Hollyb14 »

exposer wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 am
Shane is cunning. He is purposely making it all emotional and constantly crying to manipulate his young audience into purchasing the pallet. Constantly saying “I’m scared it won’t sell!” is intentional and a very sneaky way of pressuring his subscribers to buy the products. Stans are so goddamn dumb but Shane wants that $$$.
I know!! It is soo Disgusting! I am close to Shane’s age and I see right through his act. Some day these kids (and probably some adults) are going to look back and feel like fools for falling for his act and buying into the gimmick.

Magnethicc
Talker
Talker

Post by Magnethicc »

The amount of “oh my GAAAWD”s in this episode was too much for me to handle. How can anyone be around him?

notnot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by notnot »

Hollyb14 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:45 am
exposer wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 am
I know!! It is soo Disgusting! I am close to Shane’s age and I see right through his act. Some day these kids (and probably some adults) are going to look back and feel like fools for falling for his act and buying into the gimmick.
I am 31 and I guess for people like us seeing this is really...like it could not be more obvious what he is doing. But the younger kids really do not know better. Even if it is right there in front of their eyes (home gym, the property, etc.).

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

Peppa Schmint wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:46 pm
I see Bitch Lux makes yet another appearance. Drama Channels (actually just Dustin) must be so jelly.

I wish one of these compilation channels would make a video of Shane being money hungry for 5 mins straight. That’s the only time he seems really excited

Weren't there supposed to be a drama dedicated episode with the drama channels or at least Bias Lux having a big appearance? Didn't he just have a small cameo?

BTW, both pallets look awful and unwearable. There are some shades that are ok and I'd maybe wear, but in general overwhelming. At least Joffrey's clown Claries makeup have some cohesion. This just looks like ugly shades randomly thrown together.

lonajasmiin
Learner
Learner

Post by lonajasmiin »

Weren't there supposed to be a drama dedicated episode with the drama channels or at least Bias Lux having a big appearance? Didn't he just have a small cameo?
I think it's still coming since he was there at Shane's house (At least I think it was his house? Not easy to tell if they show 100 random snippets in one episode 😂) to comment on the new merch. He must have been there cause they were filming something. Youtubers never invite each other over just for fun.
Last edited by lonajasmiin on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

chihuahua2bitch wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:15 am
bananahammock90 wrote:
Marie_10 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:13 pm
just me or there's a weird sexual tension between Shane and Jeffree sometimes? It mostly comes from Shane, like during their photoshoot. So awkward to watch.

This ties in with people saying Ryland is excluded from the whole project. It 100% feels like Shane and Ryland aren't as close as they used to... There's always an awkward feeling when Ryland is on camera too. :?
I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but I don’t think J* likes Ryland. J* doesn’t really like women or overly femme men.
I’m not sure if he really even likes Shane but I would say Jeffree is coming off the best out of everyone in this series which is wild since he’s not even the one editing it lol
Urm... Jeffree star absolutely genuinely likes shane hence going through with thus collab. Nate isn’t in the Docuseries much either so it was probably an agreement they had prior to shooting that they wish to keep their partners privacy intact.

Even if you do feel Jeffree Genuinely likes Shane that's not the main reason he went through with this collab. I'm sure people thought he genuinely liked James, or Manny, or Kat. Jeffree constantly throws gifts around to people he "likes"

It's not like he out of the blue had been hanging with Shane off-camera (not had a prior documentary kissing his ass) or like he's not going to make money, get attention OR look good because Of Shane and this Documentary.

This was an money move/business move/reputation move for them. They both gain A LOT from this. Maybe Shane may gain more then Jeffree, but Jeffree has been thoroughly given a bath and people are kissing his ass and forgetting what he did to James, who he once called his brother, someone people felt he really liked as well.

Nate isn't around because unlike Ryland, Nates not attention-hungry and he's not a YouTuber, he's a kept boyfriend who is usually brought around when Jeffree wants him, I doubt they talked about it, I just feel like if Nate was around he wasn't saying or doing shit worth noting and that's on brand for Nate.

And what privacy? Jeffree was JUST talking about sucking Nate's dick the other day, Jeffree constantly overshares about his relationship. I don't think even if Nate WAS around 100% of the time they'd focus on Nate because there's nothing to focus on. I feel Nate not being around was just because he's not around and had no reason to be.

Hyperventilointi
Learner
Learner

Post by Hyperventilointi »

Watching the reveal video.

The suit Shane is wearing in the photoshoot is almost ripped in the back and is WAY too small for his arms too!!! Made me so anxious watching

Also hi all, 1st time posting on Shane's thread I think. All of this doc series which are just extended ads made me amused but not in the way they intended... It's all ofc a money grab but god people do fall for it

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Shane's constant crying was too much for me. He was acting like a poor guy that had been dragged out of poverty and given a once in a lifetime opportunity to make a few million dollars (he actually looked poor in that meeting!). This is a guy with 23 million subscribers and worth approximately 12 million dollars !

I hate the palette - my daughter, her three pals and my son's gf have all changed their minds about wanting the palettes now they've seen the colour schemes in full! It seems so much like the Alien palette to me. One of my daughter's friends has the Alien palette and she created one decent look from it - and now it's gathering dust.

The colours make no sense to me. It's like I've got out my single shadows and grabbed random ones with my eyes closed. Who the 'f**k' wants a random neon green? We've had enough neon's this year to last us a lifetime! Neon greens look fantastic in editorials and during festival time but, it's not an everyday colour.

I've said it before - an entire row of really good quality duo chromes would have made the palette extremely appealing. Along with it, some small pots of pigment..... They could have really gone to town marketing pigments by using the pig logo - and stamping it into the lid. I wouldn't have done the liquid lipstick line and would have done two glosses instead - the clear one and a holographic lip topper. To me it's like they've concentrated on the packaging and not thought the colours through. Again, we have to many lighter colours that translate virtually the same on the eye.

I think Shane edited out the Tanacon bit where he asked if 'Tanacon' was trademarked. Then they mentioned that guy that organised Tanacon in the trailer - now, it's nowhere to be seen. So maybe he's threatened Shane with legal action
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

danru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by danru »

What even are those colours? Conspiracy should have been monochrome and holographic and plays on dark and light... not a mess of neutrals and neons and general blah. They could have made something cool, but they just used some J* rejects to shove together.

J* actually comes across the best in this series, which is hilarious. It makes Shane and Ryland's relationship look dead, Andrew a massive unprofessional, and Shane like a whiny child.

Mesine
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Mesine »

I liked this video about the conspiracy one that Shane did one year ago.

Dual-Wield Snake
Talker
Talker

Post by Dual-Wield Snake »

Both of the palettes look like they're made up of scraps from Geoffrey's previous releases

noseysoandso
Stalker
Stalker

Post by noseysoandso »

The main thing I learned from this series is how little Shane actually did for this pallet. He kept saying he’s been working on it allllll year but all he ever did was approve things that J* had already basically approved anyway. J*’s team made this entire pallet. Shane was just there to say “oh my gawwwd” about how rich he is going to get, lol.

Also- is he going to address how misleading the trailer was or..??

danru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by danru »

It was nice to see Garrett again at least! Along with Ryland's super hot friends we've never seen before xD

NingBing
Talker
Talker

Post by NingBing »

lucifer wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 pm
NingBing wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:34 am
I honestly felt sorry for Anna (i think her name was?), she looked so excited when she was presenting all the different ’boxes’, and then started to look sadder and sadder... idk I just felt a bit bad for her (I always do when someone’s clearly excited and happy with something and then gets shot down). But oh no, Shane ”didnt know enough about make up” but now that ”he is a beauty guru queen who knows everything”, he doesn’t like his ideas anymore oh no 🙄
(I guess I do agree that you shouldn’t really just ”settle” for something and really love what you’re making [lol as if he is making it but hopefully I make sense], but when there’s such a close deadline, maybe he should’ve just done that).
And I feel like they did a good job bringing his vision to life, but now he doesnt like it anymore. Was there no contact at all when they were in the process of creating the design of the boxes, so that he wouldn’t need to change his mind last minute?

Bless you Anna, I’m sorry you had to work with such an annoying person lol
I agree, and the worst part is she did exactly what she was asked. She used the box design Shane said he liked the most and the art they wanted, and he acted like it was shit. Shane didn't have anything nice to say about them, no pros and cons, nothing. Just "I don't like any of them." But he's such an empath though! He totally cares about people's feelings! /s
Exactly!! I haven’t watched too much of the series, but from what I gathered she definitely did an amazing job of bringing Shanes vision to life. He could’ve at least been like ”wow these are AMAZING but sadly it doesnt feel like it 100% fits” or at least pull one of his ”omgomgomgomg”’s. Just a bunch of negative criticism, if I remember correctly he didn’t say anything positive at all.
Ikr, SUCH an empath 🙄 i dont run around calling myself an empath, but personally i feel soo bad for people in Annas situation, watching their excitment disappear... but Shane?? Nah, it’s all about him
Constantly Confused
:love2:
[english is not my first language]

NingBing
Talker
Talker

Post by NingBing »

sophiuhh wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:43 pm
NingBing wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:34 am
I honestly felt sorry for Anna (i think her name was?), she looked so excited when she was presenting all the different ’boxes’, and then started to look sadder and sadder... idk I just felt a bit bad for her (I always do when someone’s clearly excited and happy with something and then gets shot down). But oh no, Shane ”didnt know enough about make up” but now that ”he is a beauty guru queen who knows everything”, he doesn’t like his ideas anymore oh no 🙄
(I guess I do agree that you shouldn’t really just ”settle” for something and really love what you’re making [lol as if he is making it but hopefully I make sense], but when there’s such a close deadline, maybe he should’ve just done that).
And I feel like they did a good job bringing his vision to life, but now he doesnt like it anymore. Was there no contact at all when they were in the process of creating the design of the boxes, so that he wouldn’t need to change his mind last minute?

Bless you Anna, I’m sorry you had to work with such an annoying person lol
YES! I especially hated the part where she brought out the TV prototype, it was what Shane had said he would like, she mentioned she whipped it up in a short amount of time, she was so excited with the lock feature and explaining it just for Shane, who knows nothing about packaging and apparently knows nothing about the fact that a prototype might not be perfect but can be tweaked once they find the issues, to be there nitpicking the lock feature and being so quiet and judgy, meanwhile she's scrambling to explain that those things can be fixed and that it's a very rough draft because of how sudden the request was and blahblablah, meanwhile, like you said, Shane is just there, not even answering, acting like it's the worst thing he's ever seen. YET HE'S THE ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT HE EVEN WANTS.
Right!!? I know very little about make up (can’t wear it since I’m nearly blind on one eye and can’t apply eye make up) but I still love looking at pallets and appreciate the aesthetics. And I felt like that TV-thing really stood out! I haven’t seen anything like that before, with the whole lock function and stuff. I found it super neat and fun, but nooo, not good enough for Shane the Empath and Beauty Guru. Watching her excitedly show it off and explain it, only to get like... no response made me so sad. He was just sitting there, silently judging it as if it was the lamest thing ever. And as you said, not even realizing that it’s a prototype that would be tweaked and perfected if he chose it.
As for the ones with spirals, that’s literally exactly what Shane multiple times have said he wanted but now “he knows make up so much better” and it’s “something you’d get at hot topic”. Ouch.
Yes omg, he made himself look so freaking dumb there (and this is Shane Dawson we’re talking about so that says a lot).
Constantly Confused
:love2:
[english is not my first language]

Return to “Shane Dawson”