tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Gross World of Jeffreak's Pawn-son at 300 Pounds - Part 22

Post by tkadvil »

"thank u Jeffree for changing my life and making this the best year ever"
ouch. I already figured Ryland was pretty jealous simply because he didn't get to tag along with Shane and J*, he wants to be in that spotlight too.

However, I can also sympathize with his jealousy as I think it's also stemming from the fact that Shane has been up J*'s ass so much recently and being with him so much.

Plus to have Shane say that in his IG post?? Getting engaged to your (supposed) love of your life this year didn't contribute to making it the best year ever? It was all thanks to washed up alien freak money bags? :(

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

arcticfox wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:09 pm
Can we just dissect these pictures, please??? They're fascinating.
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.54.58 PM.png
There is an unmistakable visual and physical split between Shane's "family" and his "work," and he seems way more interested in the work side of this tableau. Morgan's totally caught up in herself in both pictures, while Andrew, Shane, and Jeffree become less static in the second image, sharing a moment that completely ignores the Adams siblings. Most curious of all is that Ryland's expression doesn't change in either shot, but in that second capture he's making sure to put his ring on display, almost in response to that predatory gaze Jeffree's wearing in the first photo.
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.55.02 PM.png
Woo. :?
One of the first things I noticed is Ryland grabbing Shane in the second pic and Shane making a fist like he's uncomfortable

lolcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolcakes »

my eyes rolled all the way back

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

lolcakes wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:48 pm
my eyes rolled all the way back
love how he uses insecurity and surprise and self deprecation to hide the fact that he's a narcissist beaming at all the sold outs & knowing damn well it was going to happen :roll:

Post by Guest »

Um, hasn't he sold out merch before?

Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Encyclopedia »

I think the merch is kinda lame, then again maybe I'm not the target audience. It's very simplistic looking to me and I can see people getting made fun of for having pig backpacks anyway (I know that sounds extreme but it's true) I wouldn't buy any of what I saw, but what do I know? Well I know that Shane is greedy as fuck and hardly deserves to sell out merch with his shitty behavior.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

^ it's better than a clipart pig and "oh my god" over and over in helvetica lol maybe shane will finally retire wearing that shirt

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Encyclopedia »

timesnewroman wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:56 pm
^ it's better than a clipart pig and "oh my god" over and over in helvetica lol maybe shane will finally retire wearing that shirt

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I don't think the items were worth the high price tags, which is about the same way I feel about a lot of Jeffree Star's accessory-type products.
Last edited by Encyclopedia on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

This was the guy that had sold out merch at Hot Topic, long ass lines of people wanting to meet him at the very first vidcon, book deals with sold out copies, people recreating his famous characters for Halloween. Why is he acting brand new? I’m not understanding this act. Is he unaware that his kid fans from 2000 have grown up and still follow him and realise the stunts he’s pulling to gain sympathy? Did he get his memory wiped before beginning a friendship with J*? I’m just so confused.

RosaBelle
Talker
Talker

Post by RosaBelle »

LMAO why is all the merch worn by Shane's group, but then there's just like 3 things modeled by some random ass model? It's so weird, wouldn't they have to go the extra mile to hire a model instead of just retaking some pics w/ morgan/andrew/ryland? I'm so confused.
<3 A party without cake is just a meeting ~ Julia Child <3

Dutchessie
Debater
Debater

Post by Dutchessie »

Third time trying to post..

I'm so put off by this whole thing. The fact that the entire internet is fawning over such a problematic duo and enabling this cashgrab without questing it for a minute. Not to even mention giving Trisha clout.

I shouldn't be surprised but it just rubs me the wrong way.

MaybesoMaybe
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by MaybesoMaybe »

I'm sorry, but has anyone noticed how big Morgan looks in the homepage picture on the merch site? Her legs look as big as Shane's.

kramodadragon
Talker
Talker

Post by kramodadragon »

To be fair, I don’t actually hate the merch, some of it is actually kinda cute, it’s better than any of his older merch but that was a pretty low bar. It’s simple but that’s kind of the trend with most youtuber merch, and cheap to produce so I get it. Definitely not worth the price but when is youtuber merch ever reasonable?

The ediTEAing hoodie is kind of a stretch, don’t really get why the cameraman needs merch but whatever, plus the phrase ediTEAing just doesn’t really read well, took me a minute to figure out how to say it. The Oh My God stuff is pretty generic too, like, is Oh My God the phrase you’d instantly associate with Shane Dawson? Not really. Could apply to literally anyone really.

CatWoman124
Informer
Informer

Post by CatWoman124 »

I know it has been said before but is that backpack really worth $80 in the cost-time value? As much as I think it is cute, I don't think so.

Frigg
Talker
Talker

Post by Frigg »

It wouldn't surprise me if the merch hadn't sold out but they are doing the thing where you only release a small portion of it so that it can sell out which creates a hype around it, then do a bigger restock after a few days.

Post by Guest »

Why do all the fanbois keep saying how proud they are of Shane he did next to nothing, Jeffree's team did all the actual work. Ah well at least now he will get more rich and maybe shut the fuck up about how "poor" he is. (why doesn't he buy himself a therapist and personal trainer/dietician with all that extra cash since he's always complaining about being fat and anxious/depressed)

agirlwillbequeen
Debater
Debater

Post by agirlwillbequeen »

Happy_one wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm
arcticfox wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:09 pm
Can we just dissect these pictures, please??? They're fascinating.
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.54.58 PM.png
There is an unmistakable visual and physical split between Shane's "family" and his "work," and he seems way more interested in the work side of this tableau. Morgan's totally caught up in herself in both pictures, while Andrew, Shane, and Jeffree become less static in the second image, sharing a moment that completely ignores the Adams siblings. Most curious of all is that Ryland's expression doesn't change in either shot, but in that second capture he's making sure to put his ring on display, almost in response to that predatory gaze Jeffree's wearing in the first photo.
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.55.02 PM.png
Woo. :?
what I want to know is what happened to them launching that matte black cup that's in Shane's hands? why isn't it on the website.
It's a starbucks mug that sold out everywhere.

Post by Guest »

kramodadragon wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 pm
To be fair, I don’t actually hate the merch, some of it is actually kinda cute, it’s better than any of his older merch but that was a pretty low bar. It’s simple but that’s kind of the trend with most youtuber merch, and cheap to produce so I get it. Definitely not worth the price but when is youtuber merch ever reasonable?

snipped for context
CatWoman124 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:32 pm
I know it has been said before but is that backpack really worth $80 in the cost-time value? As much as I think it is cute, I don't think so.
This is my biggest concerned. Knowing it's made in China, it just makes me wonder about the factories where they are made and the people working in them, and if it's ethical compared to the tiny amount they get paid, and work hours etc. Obviously we don't know for sure those circumstances but it's not like anyone is going to spill. It just makes me wonder what the materials price + labour costs, shipping to the USA, and just how much profit they are making on each item, yknow.

If say Kmart can sell a basic average hoodie for $15, and theirs are $50 average, it just makes you wonder about the price markup.

I know there are ethical companies that use ethical companies like the people at Cards Against Humanity who made sure things were above average on wages and working conditions, and even gave paid holidays. I can't imagine JStar holding out on a good news story like that, if it were the case.

I freely admit I have been guilty of buying cheap Asian stuff and not trying to be all pious, but it's something I have taken notice of lately and am being more aware about and, so I guess that aspect just sticks in my mind with where I'm at, at the moment. Not trying to go on a soapbox, just genuinely wondering now more than ever when I see youtubers merch.

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

I don’t understand why whoever was the photographer on the Merch photo shoot didn’t tell Morgan to sit up better on the sofa, the way she’s sitting couldn’t be more unflattering for her

HisSlopWhoCaresA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HisSlopWhoCaresA »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
kramodadragon wrote: To be fair, I don’t actually hate the merch, some of it is actually kinda cute, it’s better than any of his older merch but that was a pretty low bar. It’s simple but that’s kind of the trend with most youtuber merch, and cheap to produce so I get it. Definitely not worth the price but when is youtuber merch ever reasonable?

snipped for context
CatWomandelete24 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:32 pm
This is my biggest concerned. Knowing it's made in China, it just makes me wonder about the factories where they are made and the people working in them, and if it's ethical compared to the tiny amount they get paid, and work hours etc. Obviously we don't know for sure those circumstances but it's not like anyone is going to spill. It just makes me wonder what the materials price + labour costs, shipping to the USA, and just how much profit they are making on each item, yknow.

If say Kmart can sell a basic average hoodie for $15, and theirs are $50 average, it just makes you wonder about the price markup.

I know there are ethical companies that use ethical companies like the people at Cards Against Humanity who made sure things were above average on wages and working conditions, and even gave paid holidays. I can't imagine JStar holding out on a good news story like that, if it were the case.

I freely admit I have been guilty of buying cheap Asian stuff and not trying to be all pious, but it's something I have taken notice of lately and am being more aware about and, so I guess that aspect just sticks in my mind with where I'm at, at the moment. Not trying to go on a soapbox, just genuinely wondering now more than ever when I see youtubers merch.
When I worked in ecomm I was shocked at the markup on “luxury items.” We’re talking 1000+ percent in some cases. I had access to a whole database of info about costs and I snooped around in it constantly in my downtime lol. Just about everything was cheap stuff from China in fancy branding/packaging. You could even find unbranded versions on aliexpress often.

There’s no way that they’re using ethical factories imo because they’d leverage the shit out of it and say that like any smart brand would. Even though ethical manufacturing isn’t necessarily part of their regular messaging, they’d have a little seal or something about it in the copy. From my experience, I’d say they buy the hoodies for $5ish each (maybe less since they’re likely placing huge orders), factor in shipping costs and pocket the rest. The backpack is probably closer to $10-15 tomake, maaaaaybe more because of the design. The phone cases, honestly pennies, less than $1.

Return to “Shane Dawson”