Claire Marshall (heyclaire) - Part 4

lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Claire Marshall (heyclaire) - Part 4

Post by lolomgstop »

She’s officially fallen off. She needs to just admit she doesn’t care about YouTube because there’s more money in posting sponsored content on IG.

Also, she and Matty don’t follow each other anymore. Wonder why that friendship fizzled out since they go way back to when they both lived here in the Washington, DC area.

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

I’ll never understand why Claire thinks she is so special for liking pho. And this shit she posted today about ground chili and “ifykyk”? GIRL PLEASE. Legit all Asian people and probably anyone who has ever eaten pho knows what this is. Lol this shit really irked me!

You ain’t special.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

justkajuju
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by justkajuju »

First time on here. Im not really sure what to say. I used to loooove claire. When she first moved to LA and lived in that tiny basement appartment. I enjoyed watching her upgrade her life, getting a legitmate youtube career, running around LA. It seemed genuine and i honestly ws waiting for every vlog. I remember when she said in one VLOG something about still wearing a tshirt she slept in that night , and i was shocked but also like ME. She would Never do that now.

I felt like i knew her like id be friends with her irl. I miss that girl.

I think something broke and changed and i dont mind youtubers changing , or getting richer or not shopping at H&M anymore. I dont mind sponsored content and breaks. Its not about that.

I think she is genuinly depressed. From the breakup, from her mom, from a childhood trauma that might be hitting now. I dont like when people say „ oh plenty people have it worse” i mean yes she has got a pretty priviledged job situation but that doesnt change the fact that everybody has a different mind and different trauma tolerance. I hope shes in therapy !!! Does somebody know anything about that ?

Maybe shes just over youtube and i dont care. I think at this point shes Lost, which is fine , that comes and goes at any age. Id love for her to share that, not all of her private life, but just a 30something identity struggles. Ive got a late 20s identity crisis atm and experiencing burnout from my creative priviledged job. So i could relate. I dont think LA is serving her either tbh. Her striving to perfection and her what imo is a sligt body dysmorphia concerns me as i genuienly think deep down shes an incredibly lovely girl but also a very Lost little girl that ultimately, is in this world COMPLETELY by herself.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

darth_caddy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by darth_caddy »

She also works out so much, she's like disappearing she's so thin now. I also hate that her workouts are all she puts on insta now. I just really miss the old Claire. I agree, she's definitely lost in someway.

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

Her ex is getting married to the woman he dated immediately after Claire. I knew he would marry her.

babybunny99
Talker
Talker

Post by babybunny99 »

ohnoshedidnt wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm
Her ex is getting married to the woman he dated immediately after Claire. I knew he would marry her.
I just saw that! They look like such a good fit for each other. I wonder how Claire is taking it, they are moving on to bigger and better and here she is with no life progress whatsoever. What is it going to take to get her to wake up and stop wasting her life?

thefader
Debater
Debater

Post by thefader »

I don't necessarily agree with the notion that Claire is "wasting" her life. We see very little of her day to day activities. Her hiatus from YouTube is probably due to her doing some soul searching/ developing on her own. We dont know how she's grown over the years because she doesnt share as much now, and that's ok. No need to compare her to Dylan and his fiancee-- good for them but we don't know what their relationship is really like outside of Instagram, either.

Claire is getting older and lets face it, YouTube is saturated and she honestly doesnt need the income from it. If she wants to let her channel die then so be it. But dont say she "fell off" or shes "lazy".

porridge
Learner
Learner

Post by porridge »

Agreed. Just because she isn’t with a partner doesn’t mean she’s wasting her life. I don’t know about her daily life but its not a fit comparison to make

Bitsyfew1
Learner
Learner

Post by Bitsyfew1 »

AlexandraCC wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:02 am
Few years ago I marathoned Claire's early content and honestly... it was a rotating cycle of Claire promising to make amazing videos, then uploading a half ass hair tutorial, then claiming she is oh-so-busy buys busy that she can't really record at this moment but soon amazing stuff will come, and the cycle would repeat itself. She'd also be in a constant cycle of obsessing over a new friendship, then pretend like in never happened.

What worked in the early days was her taste and style, and she was ahead of the pack with creative editing. But as time went by more people started to edit their videos in creative ways, and once Claire started taking on clothing sponsorships, her style became more generic and boring (at least on camera). As fans flocked to her and her ego inflated, Claire became really sensitive to any critique and that stifled her creativity. She also had to edit her past to be even more perfect - including a video where she admits her iconic eyeliner style is inspired by CL from group 2NE1.

I don't know if it's possible to re-capture the magic of those early days.
This this this!!! Every word of this!

I honestly am feeling so betrayed if that makes sense by Claire. Her latest vlog is just so contrived, even down to the "heart to heart" at the end. Kinda like an abusive relationship? She promises she will do better and then disappears for months and comes back to do the exact same thing. I actually got mad watching her latest vlog (yesterday I think she uploaded it).
It used to make my day to hear from her, I was with her from the start from her crappy beauty tutorials. I laughed and cried with her.
I even watched AnnaaLee and Jesse for a couple of years to see claire in their vlogs and to feel like I was "in" with her friends. Maybe that was pathetic of me? I dunno. I was stuck home with a new baby and it cheered me up and made me feel there was a glamorous world out there outside of my home.

I used to love going with her to get her hair done, to see her collection of black ankle boots, to the odd party with her. Now its gym and coffee. I dont work out and that content really bores me.
Is she still friends with Steffy? She just looked so sad and lonely on her sofa on her laptop, alone, same monstera plant, same old cat. Like we have all evolved and she is still there like some Dorian Grey, growing older alone. I dunno if she has been to therapy but she seems like she has a way to go to Find herself.

How does she make money? I dont relate to her IG so dont follow her there. All her YT in recent yrs has been sponsorship or really bad "real life" vlogs. Her heart definitely isn't in it any more. Why is she still pretending ? Isn't there anything she can do? Heck even modelling or is she too old now?

I used to think she was so cool with all her tattoos but when you see the bleeding under her skin of the ink making her fingers half grey its just a bit "carnie" I.e. carnival people, I bet she regrets them now.

Feeling sorry for her but also like she has chosen this and I always thought she would do more. Like I dunno become an editor for music videos or hollywood movies or something. Actually I can pinpoint when she changed for the worse in my eyes. When she got with Gleam management (is that their name?) She seemed to be really codependent on them and creatively stunted.

All her talk of "meetings",conference calls and other business stuff just looks desperate. Like shes trying so hard to look busy but we all know its just "hey claire, shill this shit line of makeup please,here's 4k". She is basically one big sellout.

I really hope she doesn't read here cuz I dony want to hurt her feelings (some gurus read every word here). But i wanted to share my frustration/thoughts with you all to see am i the only one.

elsa_1993
Informer
Informer

Post by elsa_1993 »

I watched her latest vlog skipping through large portions of it.

It was good to hear her finally just say she is past her "old self". I think she constantly compared her self to her old self because there was no transition between that and now.

After her and that guy she was with broke up she has never been the same. I think for many women there is that relationship that changes them forever, that one heartbreak. Some women grow past it and move on, some, don't. We all know a woman or women like that. I am not trying to give her ex that much power over her life, but it just seems like after that relationship ended and he got engaged/married like 5 secs after Claire was out of his life she never seemed to recover. I just have a feeling it was that break up.

Her self worth was tied up into that I think... then her channel suffered just reinforced her thoughts of inadequacy.. her other relationships fell apart... further reinforced her thoughts. It was almost like she was hiding or something.

I hope she has a therapist - a good one.

As for youtube I think she will continue to upload the random video but I don't see her taking it on full time again.

kale-fairies
Talker
Talker

Post by kale-fairies »

The only meaningful relationship she has seems to be with Bruce. God forbid something happens to her cat.
I also can't believe about how high and mighty she sounds... " it's my choice that's my choice". Yea sure. But then forget about YouTube and go work in consulting or something. You OWE content to your subscribers. You OWE them consistency. You at least owed them respect and consideration.

( I also agree. That preppy white dude she was dating. And since their breakup, she really wasn't the same anymore )

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

What is Dylan’s IG?

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

allsaints wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:28 am
What is Dylan’s IG?
dylannord

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

elsa_1993 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:46 pm
lly just say she is past her "old self". I think she constantly compared her self to her old self because there was no transition between that and now.

After her and that guy she was with broke up she has never been the same. I think for many women there is that relationship that changes them forever, that one heartbreak. Some women grow past it and move on, some, don't. We all know a woman or women like that. I am not trying to give her ex that much power over her life, but it just seems like after that relationship ended and he got engaged/married like 5 secs after Claire was out of his life she never seemed to recover. I just have a feeling it was that break up.
I'm baffled .I looked up Dylannord and he posted Feb 2020 that he proposed and they had met 4 yrs ago.. How long has Claire not got over him for???

sundayriley
Debater
Debater

Post by sundayriley »

LydiaDeetzhat wrote:
elsa_1993 wrote:
lly just say she is past her "old self". I think she constantly compared her self to her old self because there was no transition between that and now.

I'm baffled .I looked up Dylannord and he posted Feb 2020 that he proposed and they had met 4 yrs ago.. How long has Claire not got over him for???
I agree it so sad that a. We are still talking about him and b. that she is still broken up about it. Even if she thinks he was the love of her life she need to get it together. Get a therapist and work through it. It's not a cute look.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

elsa_1993
Informer
Informer

Post by elsa_1993 »

thefader wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:58 pm
I don't necessarily agree with the notion that Claire is "wasting" her life. We see very little of her day to day activities. Her hiatus from YouTube is probably due to her doing some soul searching/ developing on her own. We dont know how she's grown over the years because she doesnt share as much now, and that's ok. No need to compare her to Dylan and his fiancee-- good for them but we don't know what their relationship is really like outside of Instagram, either.

Claire is getting older and lets face it, YouTube is saturated and she honestly doesnt need the income from it. If she wants to let her channel die then so be it. But dont say she "fell off" or shes "lazy".
That’s a fair assessment.

elsa_1993
Informer
Informer

Post by elsa_1993 »

sundayriley wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:50 am
LydiaDeetzhat wrote:
elsa_1993 wrote:

I agree it so sad that a. We are still talking about him and b. that she is still broken up about it. Even if she thinks he was the love of her life she need to get it together. Get a therapist and work through it. It's not a cute look.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
All I was trying to say was that it seemed like after that breakup and her mom coming to LA (didn’t mention in it my og post) that she really changed a lot in terms of her YouTube. It’s just my opinion that break up was harder on her than any of us realize. I could be wrong of course but for some reason... I do not think I am. Do I think he is the sole reason for her change? Hell no. But I do think it hit her hard. But again, I could be wrong.

Her leaving YouTube is probably good for her. She clearly is working through quite a bit with her mom with her career with her life. She said in her latest blog she’s in a good place and I was happy to hear that. I wish her well and whatever happiness looks like for her I hope she finds it and maintains it.

Tinashe2On
Talker
Talker

Post by Tinashe2On »

If Claire says she's in a good place, then she's in a good place. She's 36 and has lived life. I guess you could say it's a good time for her to settle down and start a family, but it seems like the breakup hurt her so much that she doesn't want to try. All I say is there's nothing wrong with being single, she can still hang out with friends and live a fulfilling life.

darth_caddy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by darth_caddy »

I do think Dylan was the beginning of the end for her in many ways.
I mean I do totally get and understand not wanting to be the same person or do the same things you were a few years ago but she really should either quit youtube completely or actually come back to it and stick to a regular upload schedule, becuase this 'oh I'm back' 'oh now I'm back' 'this time I'm back for real guys' with absolutely no follow up is really annoying.
Also she says she's fine and happy but in her latest vlog there was something really hollow about her - something missing. She seems to do nothing except go to the gym.
It's really sad as she was my favourite youtuber but now she's deleted all the good, old videos there isn't any reason for me to watch her anymore.

sleepmon
Debater
Debater

Post by sleepmon »

I really like Claire, a lot more than Sophia Chang (I know it's not fair to compare them, but they are very similar in content)- cat person, tattoos, works out, cool edgy aesthetic. She doesn't give off a pretentious rich kid vibe that I always get when I watch Sophia's vlogs, and I really like that about her (I watch both of their channels btw). And Bruce is ADORABLE! IDK Claire seems more "macho" and "tough" and I really like that. It really sucks she doesn't vlog as much anymore, but the last vlog it really did seem like she was bored with life and I think she should focus on finding the root issue instead of moving out - her apartment is really nice. I hope all is well for her regardless if she fully returns to Youtube -- she seems like a very nice, down-to-earth person.

Return to “Claire Marshall”