Carrie Nopespresso Fletcher: fantastic freebies and where to find them part 19

Re: Carrie Nopespresso Fletcher: fantastic freebies and where to find them part 19

Post by Guest »

Can the next title please include something with "the battle of the evil meanie haters"

Lolla2
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie Nopespresso Fletcher: fantastic freebies and where to find them part 19

Post by Lolla2 »

laylee wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:00 pm
Can the next title please include something with "the battle of the evil meanie haters"
Carrie Far Fetched taking the London Underground to battle the evil meanie haters

Post by Guest »

Lolla2 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:12 pm
laylee wrote:
Carrie Far Fetched taking the London Underground to battle the evil meanie haters
Love this! Although I prefer Kermie over Carrie

FluffyUnicorn
Learner
Learner

Post by FluffyUnicorn »

Lolla2 wrote:
laylee wrote:
I think you meant evil meanie hater's. XD

IceMaiden01
Talker
Talker

Post by IceMaiden01 »

So just saw the staged concert.... AB was sick so JOJ was on 🤯 Carrie was actually not as bad as I was expecting. The singing was mostly good, if anything, it’s the acting by scrunching her face up that lets her down

Lolla2
Talker
Talker

Post by Lolla2 »

FluffyUnicorn wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:17 pm
Lolla2 wrote:
laylee wrote:
I think you meant evil meanie hater's. XD
:rofl: :rofl:

nerdychild
Learner
Learner

Post by nerdychild »

bluesky wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:04 pm
I'm guessing as a bestselling author she doesn't understand sarcasm
Still doesn't make what he said proper for any American president to be saying though....

queequeg19
Debater
Debater

Post by queequeg19 »

wanderlustre wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:07 am
Helianthus1567 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:01 am
Also, this sentence:

'I once got onto a train and six Sheba Inu's were sat there, being enveloped by smiling commuters'.
beyond the fact this definitely never happened, Little Miss Best-Selling Author should know you NEVER, but NEVER use an apostrophe to denote a plural! Also, 'were sat there' is especially poor grammar. Should be 'were sitting'.

Carrie Farfetched-er and the Half-Baked plot that definitely never happened.
Yeah, she seems to have no idea that an apostrophe doesn't pluralise a word, does she? Ms Bestselling Author.

Screenshot_20190924-180343_Instagram.jpg
God she looks bored in that photo!

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

Pennywise Far-Fletchered and the tube of evil meanies

Carrie is very much the epitome of the girl who has never strayed far from her home town.. a girl I know went to the uni in the nearest city so stayed at home...she has no concept of anything outside of the county...

Carrie is like that but times 100. It’s the tube Carrie, it’s not the fucking Hogwarts Express.
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Ghostie_ wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:14 pm
Helianthusdelete567 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:07 am
laylee wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:07 pm
Lolla2 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:39 pm
jojo86 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:49 am
I went looked at her GoodReads page, her books dont have that many reviews. Her most reviewd book and with the higher rating is l I know Now. How much do her books actually sell? I dont love to know.
Just looked at goodreads - some of the reviews are hilarious and mirror the comments seen on here
2E4AB33C-BF94-4333-A868-E32BE4F94B59.jpeg
Yeah in a deleted account she responded to the top review (which was 1 star) of OTOS on Goodreads

"deleted user Well in my experience, a lot of authors like to use fragments of their own life or things they have experienced or have knowledge in, or base characters off of themselves such as J.K Rowling. Vain or not, this is a common thing to do, and I don't see a problem with it. However, technicality and syntax/grammar execution is a whole other story. Carrie is clearly not a legendary classical writer, and even if there are two dimensional characters and no depth such as mentioned, that does not demean the story or should not. Sorry if it's not good enough for you but to me its a light hearted quirk!"

I believe this was mentioned on the threads ages ago.
Wow. What a load of bullcrap!
I'm going to start by saying the phrase 'base off of' is such bad grammar reading it makes me cringe and typing it makes me want to vomit. The word you're looking for is 'on'. As in 'This character is based on my mother' or 'This event is based on the tragic events of the London 7/7 bombings.'
Other than that, the mere suggestion that authors only write about what they know first hand is absolute crap. Writers are writers because they have imaginations. George RR Martin doesn't write about Daenerys Targaryen riding dragons because he, himself, personally has ridden dragons! Ian McEwan didn't go through the heart-wrenching process of putting his older sister's boyfriend in prison for something he never did before he wrote Atonement. Khaled Hosseini didn't rip apart multiple families in order to write any of his novels! A lot of writers do write about their own experiences, but that's called a memoir/autobiography. For fiction you (SHOULD) do seemingly endless amounts of research, which is why it annoys me so much when I'm reading a historical fiction novel and the dates have been shifted around! I almost threw All The Light We Cannot See across the room when it says that in France in 1942 a little girl asks her dad if there's going to be a war. He tells her no. The Second World War started, for Europe and most of the world, in 1939. The Nazis had invaded and occupied France since 1940! That would've taken all of 30 seconds on google to find out/correct in the edit!
Also, 'even if there are two dimensional characters and no depth such as mentioned, that does not demean the story or should not'... I'm sorry - WHAT?! There's an extremely important word that any writer should know - verisimilitude. It's that thing you need to give your characters and storyline in order to make any of it believable. So if I write a character called Karen who I've written so far as a feisty ball buster who won't take any crap from anyone and runs her own business, no-one is going to believe it if I then write a scene where her boyfriend/husband/partner walks all over her. As a writer you should know that all your characters, unless you're writing a fairy story for toddlers, are different shades of grey. I'm sorry, I'm going to whip out ASOIAF again - Jon Snow is a light grey character. He's mainly good, but he went against his oath as a Black Brother by sleeping with Ygritte/'taking a wife' and he cut someone's head off! Cersei Lannister is a dark grey character - she'll happily screw over literally anybody, but she'd happily lay down her own life for her children if she had to. And if you want a perfect example of character development please please please PLEASE take a look at Jaime Lannister! He changed colour! He went from dark grey to light grey!
The main problem I've found with Carrie's fiction is that her characters are either black or white and there's no in between and yes, this does 'demean the story'.

(Sorry for the rant, I did a creative writing/English literature degree and it pisses me right off when not only bad writing is published, but people excuse it as 'it's not meant to be good'. If it's not meant to be good, it's not meant to be published!)

I totally agree with everything you said!!

Carries characters are either A) the main “not like other girls” girl. Usually based on herself. This character is the perfect angel who can do no wrong. B) the brooding Male interest. Based on whichever male takes her fancy at the moment or C) a bitchy person based on her bfs ex/a generic meanie hater.

My favourite ever book is Silver Linings Playbook because the characters are not wholly good or bad people.

Carrie still has that childish world view of good guys and bad guys but really most people are in between
YES! That's what makes for good literature (and then good cinema when/if it gets adapted for screen)! Complex characters! I've never read or watched Silver Linings Playbook, but I'm going to use The Help as an example here (you should all go read and watch if you haven't already although keep in mind the book is much better than the film): Skeeter is a largely good character who wants to help people but ends up screwing over a lot of her friends in the process; Minnie is a good person but she did The Terrible Awful; Hilly is a bad person to the audience and the 'good' characters, but in her own head she's 'helping' people and doing them all a favour by making everyone build new toilets; there's a lot of minor characters as well like Jolene French who 'inherits' her mother's maid which is beyond wrong but her justification is something like 'that's normal' and Yule May who's also a good hard-working person but then she falls right into Hilly's trap. Then there's also Skeeter's mother (and this is the reason you NEED to read the book if you haven't!) who did the 'right' thing for one group of people which was wrong for another group of people even though the person who'd 'wronged' her was actually showing the other people up for how 'wrong' they were. If you've only seen the film, you'll only have a vague idea of what I'm on about about, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers (this is one of the most important plot points in both the book and the film but the film changed it to make it a minor plot point when it totally shouldn't have been!).
In a good story, whether it's in a book, a film, a play, a musical or a video game, you have complex, flawed, developed characters. Unless you've paid to see a panto, as an audience you want even a little bit more than 'This character good. That character bad'. Sometimes when I read Carrie's fiction I do imagine a panto audience shouting 'Boo! Hiss! Boo!' whenever a woman who's not the Carrie-cter has lines.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

It takes a special kind of person to be holier-than-thou about fucking public transport
I guess I’ll just stick to single handedly killing the planet with my nice clean car, that I own (because my town has next to no PT), and can take anywhere I want on my own schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delightfuldebutante
Debater
Debater

Post by delightfuldebutante »

... let them criticise who they think you are...
Are you not the writer of your books, Carrie? Or your blog? Are you not the creator of your content? Who is tweeting for you?

Post by Guest »

delightfuldebutante wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:08 am
... let them criticise who they think you are...
Are you not the writer of your books, Carrie? Or your blog? Are you not the creator of your content? Who is tweeting for you?
~No one knows the REAl kermie~

Except all of her past castmates who aren’t her friend cuz she’s a diva lol

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:26 am
It takes a special kind of person to be holier-than-thou about fucking public transport Image
I guess I’ll just stick to single handedly killing the planet with my nice clean car, that I own (because my town has next to no PT), and can take anywhere I want on my own schedule Image

Carrie genuinely thinks using the tube over a car makes her a saint. She forgets that she contributes HUGELY to fast fashion as she stomps around Primark and She also uses products that are tested on animals.

I’m similar to you, there is a train station 3.5 miles either direction and buses only come once an hour. I own my car outright and I always have a seat I literally NEED a car to get to work.

My tiny low tax car must pollute so much more than Carriewise

Post by Guest »

Ghostie_ wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:13 am
Illogic_ally wrote:
It takes a special kind of person to be holier-than-thou about fucking public transport Image
I guess I’ll just stick to single handedly killing the planet with my nice clean car, that I own (because my town has next to no PT), and can take anywhere I want on my own schedule Image

Carrie genuinely thinks using the tube over a car makes her a saint. She forgets that she contributes HUGELY to fast fashion as she stomps around Primark and She also uses products that are tested on animals.

I’m similar to you, there is a train station 3.5 miles either direction and buses only come once an hour. I own my car outright and I always have a seat I literally NEED a car to get to work.

Yeah tbh people who say "take public transit" to reduce pollution annoy me because that's not something most people can realistically change. Live in a crowded city like NYC or London? You don't really have the choice to drive, you take public transit. Live in the suburbs where public transit is either unreliable or completely non-existent? You don't really have any choice but to drive.

It'd be kind of like blaming a tenant for living in a poorly insulated/non-energy efficient appliance apartment. Like what can they do about it? Cutting out shit like fast fashion (which Kermie advertises to her viewers to encourage them to buy) is probably one of the easier choices because most people buy fast fashion because they want trendy shitty quality clothes but in reality people can just shop less

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

I think a lot of youtubers have backed themselves into a corner on that front.
Carrie's not so bad on this, but there's a lot of youtubers whose main focus is haul videos, and monthly favourites videos that are all about 'this is what I've been buying/I've been sent recently' and on top of that they've got affiliate links all over the place to encourage viewers to buy whatever they've been buying so they can make a little bit of extra cash in return for a small discount.
I don't think any of them would say anything against fast fashion because for a lot of them it's their bread and butter, but if any of them did they'd get a massive backlash online about being massive hypocrites.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Carrie Nopespresso Fletcher: fantastic freebies and where to find them part 19

Post by Illogic_ally »

laylee wrote:
Ghostie_ wrote:
Illogic_ally wrote:

Yeah tbh people who say "take public transit" to reduce pollution annoy me because that's not something most people can realistically change. Live in a crowded city like NYC or London? You don't really have the choice to drive, you take public transit. Live in the suburbs where public transit is either unreliable or completely non-existent? You don't really have any choice but to drive.

It'd be kind of like blaming a tenant for living in a poorly insulated/non-energy efficient appliance apartment. Like what can they do about it? Cutting out shit like fast fashion (which Kermie advertises to her viewers to encourage them to buy) is probably one of the easier choices because most people buy fast fashion because they want trendy shitty quality clothes but in reality people can just shop less
Exactly, when I got my license (at 18 because of anxiety that I had to just deal with because I had no other choice) I was living 60kms from work, in an area where there literally isn’t even a bus. So my choices were either learn to drive even though it terrified me, and buy a car, or not work and just... not have any money to live?

I’m not saying Carrie needs to go out and become the best driver and buy a car tomorrow, but Jesus Christ just shut up... You take public transport because you don’t drive - you and probably a very large portion of people who grew up in large metro areas and are lucky enough to be able to go about their lives just fine that way.

Whoop-de-fucking-doo Carrie. You take trains.

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:53 am
laylee wrote:
Ghostie_ wrote:
Illogic_ally wrote:

Exactly, when I got my license (at 18 because of anxiety that I had to just deal with because I had no other choice) I was living 60kms from work, in an area where there literally isn’t even a bus. So my choices were either learn to drive even though it terrified me, and buy a car, or not work and just... not have any money to live?

I’m not saying Carrie needs to go out and become the best driver and buy a car tomorrow, but Jesus Christ just shut up... You take public transport because you don’t drive - you and probably a very large portion of people who grew up in large metro areas and are lucky enough to be able to go about their lives just fine that way.

Whoop-de-fucking-doo Carrie. You take trains.

Exactly like I use cruelty free make up, reusable straws, I actively do not buy single use plastic unless I absolutely have to and when I do I make sure it’s recyclable. Im a registered Green voter, I buy either a)vintage or b)brands that last years like Levi’s etc, I only really buy like Pyjamas or undershirts from Primark and my car is in the lowest possible tax bracket. The only cars lower than mine are electric and I’d switch to electric if there were more local charging ports...and yet apparently Kermit thinks she’s so much more eco friendly than us Average Joes and Janes because she takes trains so that excuses the beggy tweets for freebies and the disposable fashion...

Hell when I used to live in a city and was walking distance from Uni I didn’t have a car but now I need one.

Sorry for the rant I just hate it when people like her do ONE thing and think they’re a saint for it.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

Illogic_ally wrote:

I bet she doesn't give a second thought to the private cars she gets sent either, like in her last vlog. Or if she were to fly to Disney. Or all of the thing she gets sent and doesn't need. She's so inconsistent, she doesn't care about the environment at all. She just wants to gloat as if she's making a conscious choice to have a positive impact when in fact it's just habit because that's the easiest way to travel in London.

Cloudnumber123
Talker
Talker

Post by Cloudnumber123 »

So now Instagram is “preventing” Carrie from sending video messages to some more donators.

But her stories are clearly working fine? Rather than lumping them together couldn’t she still make them personal videos in her stories instead of a weak, group shout-out?

Don’t. Make. Commitments. You. Can’t. Keep.

And I’d have way more respect if she’d just admit she couldn’t keep her commitment than throwing Instagram under the bus while she weasels out of doing what she said she’d do.

In the future, I hope she doesn’t only think of getting to pat herself on the back when she gets an impulse. I hope she asks herself, can I keep this commitment? Can I honor my word? Will I have time to provide quality results? Am I setting a realistic goal? This applies to her books, music, YouTube, blogs, podcasts, fundraising, etc.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”