Carrie Nopespresso Fletcher: fantastic freebies and where to find them part 19

queequeg19
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie Nopespresso Fletcher: fantastic freebies and where to find them part 19

Post by queequeg19 »

We all the know the only living thing Carrie cares about is Carrie. She doesn't seem to care about something unless it makes her look good.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Carrie Nopespresso Fletcher: fantastic freebies and where to find them part 19

Post by coffelatte »

I'm also annoyed by her shout outs? Some get pretty songs others got "Oh look at this fliter...and right, this person too"

She should have written them something on a paper and send the pictures to them or tag them, that would look more thoughtful than "Oh yeah, I "can't" send videos so these people donated too"

Can someone explain the difference of the video shoutouts in her stories and the ones she was meant to send private?
-english is not my first language-

iammoonmoon
Talker
Talker

Post by iammoonmoon »

Cloudnumber123 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:03 am
So now Instagram is “preventing” Carrie from sending video messages to some more donators.

But her stories are clearly working fine? Rather than lumping them together couldn’t she still make them personal videos in her stories instead of a weak, group shout-out?

Don’t. Make. Commitments. You. Can’t. Keep.

And I’d have way more respect if she’d just admit she couldn’t keep her commitment than throwing Instagram under the bus while she weasels out of doing what she said she’d do.

In the future, I hope she doesn’t only think of getting to pat herself on the back when she gets an impulse. I hope she asks herself, can I keep this commitment? Can I honor my word? Will I have time to provide quality results? Am I setting a realistic goal? This applies to her books, music, YouTube, blogs, podcasts, fundraising, etc.
Instagram is “preventing her from messaging people” and yet she can still do private videos to people? Something isn’t adding up
Excuse typos I’m probably on mobile

pale-blue-monster
Debater
Debater

Post by pale-blue-monster »

Nah I feel sorry for those who donated a lot to get a personal video messaged to them.

Like... that’s just kinda shit that the promise that was made hasn’t been fulfilled.

Also, did you have to donate more to get a messages video or was it lower that being on her story?

Cille1997
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Cille1997 »

Not to defend carrie, but it actually possible for Instagram to temporarily ban her from sending messages if shes been sending too many. I think it's to prevent scam. So that part might be true.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cloudnumber123
Talker
Talker

Post by Cloudnumber123 »

Cille1997 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:38 pm
Not to defend carrie, but it actually possible for Instagram to temporarily ban her from sending messages if shes been sending too many. I think it's to prevent scam. So that part might be true.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
True, but where there is a will there is a way. Her stories obviously work fine, she still could have done it there. She has their contact info, she could have reached out and found another platform or way to send it to them. She took one little bump in the road as an excuse to give up or put in the bare minimum effort.

I understand that was a lot of people to message, but, that’s her problem? That’s the mess she created for herself.

girasole1840
Informer
Informer

Post by girasole1840 »

She's always been full of grand gestures and plans but painfully inept at following through on them. Why aren't people wise to this by now?

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Ghostie_ wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:22 am
Illogic_ally wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:53 am
laylee wrote:
Ghostie_ wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:13 am
Illogic_ally wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:26 am
It takes a special kind of person to be holier-than-thou about fucking public transport Image
I guess I’ll just stick to single handedly killing the planet with my nice clean car, that I own (because my town has next to no PT), and can take anywhere I want on my own schedule Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carrie genuinely thinks using the tube over a car makes her a saint. She forgets that she contributes HUGELY to fast fashion as she stomps around Primark and She also uses products that are tested on animals.

I’m similar to you, there is a train station 3.5 miles either direction and buses only come once an hour. I own my car outright and I always have a seat I literally NEED a car to get to work.

My tiny low tax car must pollute so much more than Carriewise
Yeah tbh people who say "take public transit" to reduce pollution annoy me because that's not something most people can realistically change. Live in a crowded city like NYC or London? You don't really have the choice to drive, you take public transit. Live in the suburbs where public transit is either unreliable or completely non-existent? You don't really have any choice but to drive.

It'd be kind of like blaming a tenant for living in a poorly insulated/non-energy efficient appliance apartment. Like what can they do about it? Cutting out shit like fast fashion (which Kermie advertises to her viewers to encourage them to buy) is probably one of the easier choices because most people buy fast fashion because they want trendy shitty quality clothes but in reality people can just shop less
Exactly, when I got my license (at 18 because of anxiety that I had to just deal with because I had no other choice) I was living 60kms from work, in an area where there literally isn’t even a bus. So my choices were either learn to drive even though it terrified me, and buy a car, or not work and just... not have any money to live?

I’m not saying Carrie needs to go out and become the best driver and buy a car tomorrow, but Jesus Christ just shut up... You take public transport because you don’t drive - you and probably a very large portion of people who grew up in large metro areas and are lucky enough to be able to go about their lives just fine that way.

Whoop-de-fucking-doo Carrie. You take trains.

Exactly like I use cruelty free make up, reusable straws, I actively do not buy single use plastic unless I absolutely have to and when I do I make sure it’s recyclable. Im a registered Green voter, I buy either a)vintage or b)brands that last years like Levi’s etc, I only really buy like Pyjamas or undershirts from Primark and my car is in the lowest possible tax bracket. The only cars lower than mine are electric and I’d switch to electric if there were more local charging ports...and yet apparently Kermit thinks she’s so much more eco friendly than us Average Joes and Janes because she takes trains so that excuses the beggy tweets for freebies and the disposable fashion...

Hell when I used to live in a city and was walking distance from Uni I didn’t have a car but now I need one.

Sorry for the rant I just hate it when people like her do ONE thing and think they’re a saint for it.
Right there with you, sister!
I used to be a pretty serious Ellie Goulding fan until an ig post popped up from her with an essay caption about how she never has to feel bad for taking all these long haul flights across the planet to do shows for all her wonderful fans because she's cancelled out her carbon footprint by being vegan! Luckily for me, that's when her music started to get really bad as well, so I didn't feel like I was missing anything by unfollowing her.
Totally get where you're coming from with the rest of it. We could all be doing ONE thing, but then if you're going to do one thing, you could do lots of other single things as well. Personally, I've switched from plastic ketchup bottles to glass (my mum came home with a plastic bottle yesterday and said 'it's ok! We can decant it into the glass bottles!' and I was like 'Severely not the point!' I've sent her back to the shop to exchange it!); if I want a coffee but I don't have my travel cup, I go without a coffee; I try and buy loose veg as much as possible to avoid plastic; and every spring I plant seeds of plants and flowers bees like. I'm in no way trying to suggest I'm some paragon of green living, but those are just some small-ish and very simple changes I've made to lower my impact.

TippedOver
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TippedOver »

Omg that latest IG post 🙄 how up her own arse can she be

Asetac1814
Learner
Learner

Post by Asetac1814 »

Helianthusdelete567 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:15 am
Ghostie_ wrote:
Illogic_ally wrote:
laylee wrote:
Ghostie_ wrote:

Carrie genuinely thinks using the tube over a car makes her a saint. She forgets that she contributes HUGELY to fast fashion as she stomps around Primark and She also uses products that are tested on animals.

I’m similar to you, there is a train station 3.5 miles either direction and buses only come once an hour. I own my car outright and I always have a seat I literally NEED a car to get to work.

Yeah tbh people who say "take public transit" to reduce pollution annoy me because that's not something most people can realistically change. Live in a crowded city like NYC or London? You don't really have the choice to drive, you take public transit. Live in the suburbs where public transit is either unreliable or completely non-existent? You don't really have any choice but to drive.

It'd be kind of like blaming a tenant for living in a poorly insulated/non-energy efficient appliance apartment. Like what can they do about it? Cutting out shit like fast fashion (which Kermie advertises to her viewers to encourage them to buy) is probably one of the easier choices because most people buy fast fashion because they want trendy shitty quality clothes but in reality people can just shop less
Exactly, when I got my license (at 18 because of anxiety that I had to just deal with because I had no other choice) I was living 60kms from work, in an area where there literally isn’t even a bus. So my choices were either learn to drive even though it terrified me, and buy a car, or not work and just... not have any money to live?

I’m not saying Carrie needs to go out and become the best driver and buy a car tomorrow, but Jesus Christ just shut up... You take public transport because you don’t drive - you and probably a very large portion of people who grew up in large metro areas and are lucky enough to be able to go about their lives just fine that way.

Exactly like I use cruelty free make up, reusable straws, I actively do not buy single use plastic unless I absolutely have to and when I do I make sure it’s recyclable. Im a registered Green voter, I buy either a)vintage or b)brands that last years like Levi’s etc, I only really buy like Pyjamas or undershirts from Primark and my car is in the lowest possible tax bracket. The only cars lower than mine are electric and I’d switch to electric if there were more local charging ports...and yet apparently Kermit thinks she’s so much more eco friendly than us Average Joes and Janes because she takes trains so that excuses the beggy tweets for freebies and the disposable fashion...

Hell when I used to live in a city and was walking distance from Uni I didn’t have a car but now I need one.

Sorry for the rant I just hate it when people like her do ONE thing and think they’re a saint for it.
I used to be a pretty serious Ellie Goulding fan until an ig post popped up from her with an essay caption about how she never has to feel bad for taking all these long haul flights across the planet to do shows for all her wonderful fans because she's cancelled out her carbon footprint by being vegan! Luckily for me, that's when her music started to get really bad as well, so I didn't feel like I was missing anything by unfollowing her.
Totally get where you're coming from with the rest of it. We could all be doing ONE thing, but then if you're going to do one thing, you could do lots of other single things as well. Personally, I've switched from plastic ketchup bottles to glass (my mum came home with a plastic bottle yesterday and said 'it's ok! We can decant it into the glass bottles!' and I was like 'Severely not the point!' I've sent her back to the shop to exchange it!); if I want a coffee but I don't have my travel cup, I go without a coffee; I try and buy loose veg as much as possible to avoid plastic; and every spring I plant seeds of plants and flowers bees like. I'm in no way trying to suggest I'm some paragon of green living, but those are just some small-ish and very simple changes I've made to lower my impact.
I think that's a ridiculous thing to criticise/stop following Ellie Goulding for. Her job means flying is pretty much unavoidable, at least she has done something massive like going vegan to try and reduce her footprint in a big way. Other than not having children its the biggest thing a person can do to reduce their environmental footprint, you're criticising someone who's made a massive positive lifestyle change when by your own admission you only do a couple of small things that require minimal effort or sacrifice in order to reduce your footprint.
Last edited by Asetac1814 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

Helianthusdelete567 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:15 am
Ghostie_ wrote:
Illogic_ally wrote:
laylee wrote:
Ghostie_ wrote:

Argh! That’s so frustrating! Yes going vegan is environmentally friendly but it doesn’t cancel out everything else!

Totally with you on the loose fruit and veg thing. I grow my own raspberries and try to use the paper bags instead of the plastic ones for loose fruit!

My friend once brought an orange into work and the orange came wrapped in a plastic box...so unnecessary!
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

FullTimeLoser
Learner
Learner

Post by FullTimeLoser »

Guys, stop with the vegan drama, it never leads anywhere. Were here to discuss Carrie after all.

Her latest post was, once again, extremely full of herself. She never appreciates or mentions anything unless there's a way to make it all about HER - if it has happened to her and how it's affecter her. It's been a year from 'Heathers'. But in addition to remembering that, everyone MUST know how SHE invented the fist pumping! She is so important that the show just wouldn't have succeeded without her presence! This and the fact that she would make someone else's birthday post and picture all about her is the perfect example of how everything must be about her, it can never be anything simple like humbly wishing someone happy birthday or commemorating a show.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

FullTimeLoser wrote:Guys, stop with the vegan drama, it never leads anywhere. Were here to discuss Carrie after all.

Her latest post was, once again, extremely full of herself. She never appreciates or mentions anything unless there's a way to make it all about HER - if it has happened to her and how it's affecter her. It's been a year from 'Heathers'. But in addition to remembering that, everyone MUST know how SHE invented the fist pumping! She is so important that the show just wouldn't have succeeded without her presence! This and the fact that she would make someone else's birthday post and picture all about her is the perfect example of how everything must be about her, it can never be anything simple like humbly wishing someone happy birthday or commemorating a show.
I feel like that’s the thing, with anyone else I would’ve read her caption and thought ‘oh that’s a really neat fact that the fist pump wasn’t a pre-planned thing, and that’s how it came about. Cool’. But with Carrie, because of her previous actions I started reading and I could practically hear her saying me me me ME ME ME MEEEEEE! I DID THAT! ME, THE STAR OF THE SHOW!!

Sometimes I catch myself mentally criticizing the things she posts and wonder if I’m being too harsh, but then I kind of remember the other times she’s been blatantly self absorbed and not worry about it so much Image

FullTimeLoser
Learner
Learner

Post by FullTimeLoser »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:53 am
FullTimeLoser wrote:Guys, stop with the vegan drama, it never leads anywhere. Were here to discuss Carrie after all.

I feel like that’s the thing, with anyone else I would’ve read her caption and thought ‘oh that’s a really neat fact that the fist pump wasn’t a pre-planned thing, and that’s how it came about. Cool’. But with Carrie, because of her previous actions I started reading and I could practically hear her saying me me me ME ME ME MEEEEEE! I DID THAT! ME, THE STAR OF THE SHOW!!

Sometimes I catch myself mentally criticizing the things she posts and wonder if I’m being too harsh, but then I kind of remember the other times she’s been blatantly self absorbed and not worry about it so much Image

Exactly, I wouldn't have bat an eye, had it been an isolated situation. If someone else had made a similar post, I would've thought to myself "what a fun story". But she constantly makes everything about herself and that's what makes the post really annoying.

pepperann
Informer
Informer

Post by pepperann »

TippedOver wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:47 am
Omg that latest IG post 🙄 how up her own arse can she be
She really thinks she is God's Gift to the theatre huh :rofl:

wanderlustre
Talker
Talker

Post by wanderlustre »

I would love to know if her castmates remember the fist pump story the same way

Post by Guest »

Her instagram post about Heathers was conveniently posted about 20 minutes after Bill Kenwright ltd. sent out a tweet heavily hinting that Heathers will be coming back theatrically in some way, shape or form.

My prediction is that Carrie won't be involved with Heathers this time, so she wanted to share that tidbit to shift the focus back onto her/get her followers interested in whether she will be back in the role. More importantly though I think she's done this to make sure people didn't forget she was London's 'first' Veronica. I predict she will have a hard time seeing someone else in that role getting all the praise/cheers.

mollycastle12
Talker
Talker

Post by mollycastle12 »

FullTimeLoser wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:21 am
Illogic_ally wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:53 am

Exactly, I wouldn't have bat an eye, had it been an isolated situation. If someone else had made a similar post, I would've thought to myself "what a fun story". But she constantly makes everything about herself and that's what makes the post really annoying.
Same, from anyone else it might have been fine but she's just insufferable and self centred. Though the timing of that insta coupled with this tweet:

Then she has a break from les mis pre-planned too???

Post by Guest »

Dr Quandary wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 am
Her instagram post about Heathers was conveniently posted about 20 minutes after Bill Kenwright ltd. sent out a tweet heavily hinting that Heathers will be coming back theatrically in some way, shape or form.

My prediction is that Carrie won't be involved with Heathers this time, so she wanted to share that tidbit to shift the focus back onto her/get her followers interested in whether she will be back in the role.
she already said a few days ago that if heathers comes back she won't be a part of it. she said it's due to being so busy with les mis but honestly i doubt they even asked her back.

girasole1840
Informer
Informer

Post by girasole1840 »

Heathers basically cost her her voice. Surprised she has such fond memories given her past tales of how she 'had' to go on whilst ill. Conveniently forgotten to fit her current narrative.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”