Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 36)

Post by Mosie926 »

miserlou wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:07 pm
Zane, Natalie and Cas are all white.
Whoa whoa wait, do you really consider all of them to be white? With their clearly non-white features and heritage? Are you seriously trying to erase their heritage? Aren't all of them first generation Americans since at least one parent was from another country and none of those people from Europe proper?
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

miserlou wrote:
I don't think you get to decide that.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Who else is sick of Nick the Scientist? :roll:

Brokentoken
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brokentoken »

miserlou wrote:
If you're using the 18th century definition of race then heck bignik and Liza fall under caucasian.

If you're using skin color alone then east asians to you are also white.

If you're using what most people consider to be minorities then all people who have non-european heritage are minorities and have all experienced discrimination in America to varying degrees.
#Insertpettypassiveaggressiveshadehere

Ibeatpeopleskids
Learner
Learner

Post by Ibeatpeopleskids »

Mosie926 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:30 pm
miserlou wrote:
Whoa whoa wait, do you really consider all of them to be white? With their clearly non-white features and heritage? Are you seriously trying to erase their heritage? Aren't all of them first generation Americans since at least one parent was from another country and none of those people from Europe proper?
Heritage isn't the same thing as race, and you don't have to be from Europe to be white. Lebanon for example was conquered by both Romans and Arabs so there are both white people and Arab people that live in the country today. Plus Zane's father identifies as white and his mother is white so I don't see how his race would be anything else. Also please give examples of their non-white features because I'm not seeing them. Even Zane's aquiline nose is a common feature of Romans, Anglo-Saxons and Nordics which are all white.

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

I foresee issues defining what white is. I actually read an interesting article on Jewish people and race awhile ago that broke it down well. It’s mainly that, iirc, people get confused by looks white and if the history stems from Europe. It’s basically a mess because it’s a social construct that’s cobbled together and often used to justify terrible things.

As far as Erin’s use of the N word. It’s so wrong. Maybe she’s grown and changed, idk. All you have is that it hasn’t reoccurred on camera but if it’s a decade or whatever later I guess you hope she’s has.

Dlm0407
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dlm0407 »

Whether people agree or disagree on the definition of white (hint: "not black" doesn't automatically default to "white") the original statement, anyway, commented on the lack of diversity in the group, which has been disproven even if you want to play semantics on race vs. ethnicity. Ethnic diversity is still diversity.

And anyway, my two cents is that the conversation is better-served moving along to less contentious (on-topic) territories, because the last time people were on about physical characteristics and race, everything went to hell in a handbasket, and I'm not here for it.

Not modding. Just saying...
Mieux vaut la niaiserie du divertissement que la folie du narcissisme.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Dlm0407 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:16 pm
Whether people agree or disagree on the definition of white (hint: "not black" doesn't automatically default to "white") the original statement, anyway, commented on the lack of diversity in the group, which has been disproven even if you want to play semantics on race vs. ethnicity. Ethnic diversity is still diversity.

And anyway, my two cents is that the conversation is better-served moving along to less contentious (on-topic) territories, because the last time people were on about physical characteristics and race, everything went to hell in a handbasket, and I'm not here for it.

Not modding. Just saying...
Damn you Dlm, I don't want to get a warning or worse so I'll follow your lead.
I hope since David didn't seem kid game show busy we get a Mon-Tues vlog. Maybe it will be the one someone(sorry person who predicted it), the Natalies and Vegas(hopefully exciting) footage :).
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

Omg almost all of David's closest friends are either immigrants or the children of immigrants. I can't even with this conversation.

Dlm0407
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dlm0407 »

Mosie926 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm

I hope since David didn't seem kid game show busy we get a Mon-Tues vlog. Maybe it will be the one someone(sorry person who predicted it), the Natalies and Vegas(hopefully exciting) footage :).
I'm just over here wondering what the "big surprise" coming is that David mentioned in the podcast.

If it's not someone's sex tape, we riot.

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

I'm in a real big hurry for Heath's channel to overtake Zane's in subs. I think a proposal is just the push he needs.

Idk when I became a Heath/Mariah stan account but here I am.

Ibeatpeopleskids
Learner
Learner

alphaB13 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 pm
Omg almost all of David's closest friends are either immigrants or the children of immigrants. I can't even with this conversation.
If you "can't even" with this conversation why are you bringing it up again? Everyone stopped talking about it after dlm's post so...
Last edited by Ibeatpeopleskids on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dlm0407
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dlm0407 »

alphaB13 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Idk when I became a Heath/Mariah stan account but here I am.
A noble calling.

Post by Guest »

Dlm0407 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:40 pm
Mosie926 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm just over here wondering what the "big surprise" coming is that David mentioned in the podcast.

same! my guesses are: surprising lorraine with Shawn Mendes or getting Nat a dog

Cool Skittle Biscuit
Talker
Talker

Post by Cool Skittle Biscuit »

Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:51 am
And for C&E's next sunday video, here is a suggestion. Do this quiz! Its actually aimed at super recognizers who are the opposite end of the spectrum but lets you know where abouts you sit.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/are-you- ... nizer.html

For reference I got 7/14. Evidently that means 87% of people who have taken that quiz have scored better than me. Nice.
Somehow I got 11/14. Can I have a cookie for the effort XD? And in the recent VS debacle (Erin saying the N-word in a past video) if Tana can get flack saying it at 16/17 Erin can as well in her early 20's. -shrugs- People are giving her a pass since she was drunk in the video but things like that always lead me to side eye since if you're that comfortable saying it inebriated how often are you saying it sober or thinking it?

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

Ibeatpeopleskids wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:57 pm
alphaB13 wrote:
If you "can't even" with this conversation why are you bringing it up again? Everyone stopped talking about it after clickbait's post so...

Weird, last I checked I was allowed to commentate just as you are. Idk who clickbait is, but if you're talking about DLM, she posted that 15 minutes before I posted, so the implication of "everyone stopped talking about it" is ludicrous. I didn't exactly bring it up 3 pages later. DLM had a great point and I chose to add to the discussion. How DARE I add my commentary because you, ibeat, decided the discussion was over.

Ibeatpeopleskids
Learner
Learner

alphaB13 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 pm
Ibeatpeopleskids wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:57 pm
alphaB13 wrote:
If you "can't even" with this conversation why are you bringing it up again? Everyone stopped talking about it after clickbait's post so...

Weird, last I checked I was allowed to commentate just as you are. Idk who clickbait is, but if you're talking about DLM, she posted that 15 minutes before I posted, so the implication of "everyone stopped talking about it" is ludicrous. I didn't exactly bring it up 3 pages later. DLM had a great point and I chose to add to the discussion. How DARE I add my commentary because you, ibeat, decided the discussion was over.
I didn't decided the conversation was over, I said everyone stopped talking about it because they did. I ASKED you why you brought the topic up again because you claimed that you "can't even with this conversation" but clearly you "can with the conversation" so feel free to continue.

aterrazas7
Talker
Talker

Post by aterrazas7 »

rshadewinslet wrote:
Dlm0407 wrote:
Mosie926 wrote:

same! my guesses are: surprising lorraine with Shawn Mendes or getting Nat a dog
This was my guess as well. Shawn Mendes said they were trying to figure something out for the vlog and knowing how big of a fan Mrs Nash is then it would be perfect.

Kitkatgg
Learner
Learner

Post by Kitkatgg »

Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:39 pm
miserlou wrote:
I don't think you get to decide that.
So what you’re saying is zane, natalie and cas are not white?

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

aterrazas7 wrote:
rshadewinslet wrote:
Dlm0407 wrote:
Mosie926 wrote:

This was my guess as well. Shawn Mendes said they were trying to figure something out for the vlog and knowing how big of a fan Mrs Nash is then it would be perfect.
Shawn has spoken about it too many times for it not to be a thing soon!

On a totally unrelated topic, I'm going on holiday today- I'll be on American time! Please feel free to spam my inbox with any tea! X
Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side.

https://curiouscat.me/filofaxkfromgg

Return to “David Dobrik”