Gaston Dope Fletcher and the Gobful of Ire #thrilled #cakegate #protectmiles - Part 18

delightfuldebutante
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gaston Dope Fletcher and the Gobful of Ire #thrilled #cakegate #protectmiles - Part 18

Post by delightfuldebutante »

Asetac1814 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:31 am
Goldeelox wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:24 am
bitrich.png

Did anyone see her recent stories? My god I feel sorry for her fans. You get 20 seconds at stage door with your idol and she can't compute a basic compliment.
This made me laugh. At least she apologised for potentially coming across as rude, I’m sure anyone who’s a fan enough to go to stage door will follow her SM so hopefully they’ll see it and no harm done.
it's further evidence of her own unhappiness with herself

"Ooh you're giving me a million pounds? I can only accept it in twenty pence pieces or it won't be the same..."

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Gaston Dope Fletcher and the Gobful of Ire #thrilled #cakegate #protectmiles - Part 18

Post by Illogic_ally »

Helianthus1567 wrote:
Whateveryouwant wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:59 am
The way she said Sondheim made me want to die
Agreed!

Why does she say 'Sond-ime'? Who told her that was the right way? It's 'Sond-hime' mainly because it's a name of Germanic extraction where they enunciate their H's, unlike French, where they don't!
Sorry - watching the vlog at my desk while I write this... Just got to the coffee machine bit where she said she's going to buy a new one for when her house is ready.... 1) how long has she had that machine that parts of it are 'not working like you would hope'? or is she just using it wrong and she's broken it? 2) is she just giving nespresso and other big coffee machine brands more time to offer her a new shiny freebie?

Carrie Downward Slope Fletcher and the Order of a free Ole & Steen and Coffee Machine!

She was playing up the fact that she’s used it soooo much it’s worn out because it was gifted to her from nespresso after she moved to her flat. Just a further beg for a new one because the tweet didn’t work Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mollycastle12
Talker
Talker

Post by mollycastle12 »

Asetac1814 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:22 am
mollycastle12 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 pm
I get angry at anyone who still uses a nespresso machine. I don't care if the pods are "recycled", something I'm skeptical about anyway. We should be working to reduce our reliance on plastic in all circumstances. And coffee pods are one of the stupidest uses of plastic. For the same price you can get a huge bag of beans and make a cafetiere or even get a mini coffee machine.... It's more cost effective and isn't adding unnecessary strain to the environment.

I'm glad she's not got one gifted but I still take issue with it.
Whilst I agree in general about pod machines, Nespresso is the best by for from a recycling perspective. I guess you don’t know this based on your plastic comments, but nespresso capsules are aluminium and contain no plastic at all.
If recycled the aluminium is melted down and re-used and the coffee grounds are used as fertiliser so they are a lot better than other pod coffee machines that use plastic.
It's not just the plastics that bother me. It's the whole process. The amount of energy and resources required to melt down the aluminium, the litres and litres of water required to separate the grounds from the pods and why? For convenience. Coffee pods are some of the stupidest forms of waste imo. Even if you're pure lazy and don't want to mess with beans, use instant. I've yet to have a nespresso or pod based coffee that tastes much better than instant anyway... Carrie claims to be a "coffee snob" in her stupid post about what a flat white should be... Can't be that much of a coffee snob if she's drinking nespresso but then 1. I'm super into my coffee to the extent where I have experimented with roasting my own beans in the past and 2. I really, really try to minimise my environmental impact, including water waste, chemical use, plastic etc.

delightfuldebutante
Debater
Debater

mollycastle12 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:44 am
Asetac1814 wrote:
mollycastle12 wrote:
I get angry at anyone who still uses a nespresso machine. I don't care if the pods are "recycled", something I'm skeptical about anyway. We should be working to reduce our reliance on plastic in all circumstances. And coffee pods are one of the stupidest uses of plastic. For the same price you can get a huge bag of beans and make a cafetiere or even get a mini coffee machine.... It's more cost effective and isn't adding unnecessary strain to the environment.

Whilst I agree in general about pod machines, Nespresso is the best by for from a recycling perspective. I guess you don’t know this based on your plastic comments, but nespresso capsules are aluminium and contain no plastic at all.
If recycled the aluminium is melted down and re-used and the coffee grounds are used as fertiliser so they are a lot better than other pod coffee machines that use plastic.
It's not just the plastics that bother me. It's the whole process. The amount of energy and resources required to melt down the aluminium, the litres and litres of water required to separate the grounds from the pods and why? For convenience. Coffee pods are some of the stupidest forms of waste imo. Even if you're pure lazy and don't want to mess with beans, use instant. I've yet to have a nespresso or pod based coffee that tastes much better than instant anyway... Carrie claims to be a "coffee snob" in her stupid post about what a flat white should be... Can't be that much of a coffee snob if she's drinking nespresso but then 1. I'm super into my coffee to the extent where I have experimented with roasting my own beans in the past and 2. I really, really try to minimise my environmental impact, including water waste, chemical use, plastic etc.
Sorry if this is OT: I have around nine ways to make coffee in my house (yes, I am addicted) and none of them use pods or filter papers. I mostly use a French press and ground coffee. I can make it as strong as I want to. I don't get the pod thing. Even if you didn't care about the environment (which I do) or the cost of pods and filter paper, I think it tastes of the machine.

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

delightfuldebutante wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:49 am
mollycastle12 wrote:
Asetac1814 wrote:
mollycastle12 wrote:

Sorry if this is OT: I have around nine ways to make coffee in my house (yes, I am addicted) and none of them use pods or filter papers. I mostly use a French press and ground coffee. I can make it as strong as I want to. I don't get the pod thing. Even if you didn't care about the environment (which I do) or the cost of pods and filter paper, I think it tastes of the machine.
WAY OT: but I agree. I have a drip filter but I find the coffee tastes better if made in a cafetiere.
Even more OT: Does it annoy anyone else that in some places they call a cafetiere a 'French press' but it was actually invented in Italy by an Italian so isn't french in the slightest?! Probably just me!

girasole1840
Informer
Informer

Post by girasole1840 »

Rob Houchen has worked with her before and is probably sick of her tantrumming and poking her camera in everyone's face so he stays out of her way. Carrie's threads can quickly descend into social media chaos and if you are in the original post you can rapidly get implicated, especially on Twitter because of the tagging. I suspect it's the same with Pumpkin. Very quiet on that front tbh

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Isn't Rob Houchen in The Cardinals with her?

jessisnotcool
Debater
Debater

Post by jessisnotcool »

Can we add that fan interaction to the /thathappened list?
She just wants to go on about how shes SOMEONES FAVE *PERSON* oMG!!111 like, there was no point to that, just plain bragging, lol.

NOT ACTRESS. NOT SINGER. PERSON.

delightfuldebutante
Debater
Debater

jessisnotcool wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:19 am
Can we add that fan interaction to the /thathappened list?
She just wants to go on about how shes SOMEONES FAVE *PERSON* oMG!!111 like, there was no point to that, just plain bragging, lol.

NOT ACTRESS. NOT SINGER. PERSON.
And she changed "one of" to "my favourite person" all by her selfiewelfie

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

As if Carrie has any right to even so much as attempt to correct anyone else's grammar.
We've all read your blog posts and 'novels', Carrie!

delightfuldebutante
Debater
Debater

Helianthus1567 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 am
mollycastle12 wrote:
Asetac1814 wrote:
mollycastle12 wrote:

WAY OT: but I agree. I have a drip filter but I find the coffee tastes better if made in a cafetiere.
Even more OT: Does it annoy anyone else that in some places they call a cafetiere a 'French press' but it was actually invented in Italy by an Italian so isn't french in the slightest?! Probably just me!
Had a little Wikipedia google - think I will adopt "stamp pot!" translated from German

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 am
Helianthus1567 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 am
mollycastle12 wrote:
Asetac1814 wrote:

Had a little Wikipedia google - think I will adopt "stamp pot!" translated from German
What's the actual German word? I did German at school for almost 5 years and can still only remember the funny words.
Coffee is Koffee
Ribena is Schwartzjohannesberensaft
While I'm on a drinks roll, in German if you want a Coca-Cola, you'd ask for 'Cola'; in French, you ask for 'Coca'
Protractor is Winklemesser
I'm not sure of the exact word but I know 'Tabby cat' translates as 'tiger-ed cat', I think it's 'getigert katze'
(I sat next to a friends who shrewdly observed that German is easier to learn than some other languages because most of it is 'just badly spelt English')
My older brother is multilingual and fluent in at least 4 languages. It's quite the contrast with him being able to converse with all sorts of foreigners and me only being able to demand food and ask for directions and not a whole lot more!

delightfuldebutante
Debater
Debater

Lol it said it was stempelkanne

Asetac1814
Learner
Learner

Post by Asetac1814 »

mollycastle12 wrote:
Asetac1814 wrote:
mollycastle12 wrote:

I agree completely, my post was aimed to correct the statement that they were plastic as that was false information, so I just wanted to point out Nespresso ones are at least more recylclable then other brands. Im not defending the use of them as they are still an unnecessary waste.

To be honest I hope you and the others criticising Carrie for using Nespresso pods don't eat meat or dairy. Because the environmental footprint and water usage etc of animal products is massive and far more impactful than using aluminium coffee pods which are at least recyclable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Carrie here, its clear she doesn't give a crap about her environmental footprint, but neither does anyone who eats meat and dairy. Its hypocritical to criticise others for doing something un-enviromentally friendly when you choose to do something worse yourself. (This isn't directly aimed at you, for all I know you don't eat meat and dairy but I doubt everyone criticising Carrie for the use of coffee pods is the same).
Last edited by Asetac1814 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

FluffyUnicorn
Learner
Learner

Post by FluffyUnicorn »

Helianthus1567 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 am
Sorry, for the double-post.............

Did she say she had 'a salad and a grape, a plant-based grape'? Or did I mis-hear/misunderstand something?
I think it was a crepe.

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Agreed but then how far can you take that?
It would be very easy to say, like Ellie Goulding did a few years ago, 'I'm a vegan so whenever I take a long-haul flight, my carbon emissions are already offset/neutralised'. If I haven't eaten any meat or dairy in a month, can I be assuaged of my guilt for buying a coffee in a paper cup with a plastic lid? If I refuse to travel anywhere by plane, can I still eat meat and dairy? If I stop buying plastic bottles and replace them all with glass, can I drive a car?
It's very sanctimonious to say people can't criticise someone for creating a huge amount of waste, whether it's plastic waste or not, because of their dietary preferences. For all I know, you eat quinoa and bananas and nutella but you couldn't care less about the environmental and socio-economic impacts of all those products. We're all having a pretty shameful impact on the planet just by existing and breathing. If we're all doing a little bit that's fine. If you start pointing at people and saying 'whatever you do won't be enough because you eat meat and dairy', you're not going to make them become vegan, they're just going to stop doing anything because, like you said 'it makes no difference'.

kindly
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kindly »

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:45 pm
Musings:

1. It's cute how she responds to reading here by immediately posting instagrams she thinks "fight the haterz" ...
2. I almost felt sorry for her in the vlog. She seemed lonely and like the person at the party no one actually wants to talk to so they hide in the kitchen with the Mum - Rob Houchens has no time for her whatsoever.
2b. The note from Oliver was sweet. Sharing it was a bit desperate.
3. I'm almost excited for the day a blog post arrives that she has proof read and isn't dotted with mistakes.
4. Begging for freebies from Nespresso and then complaining the one you have doesn't work when they don't send you one makes you look spoiled.
5. Michael Ball is still at 92000 followers people - why aren't you doing your thing?
6. She is sad about her weight. I don't care what she says. I can see that it is making her sad.
What makes you think that Carrie is sad about her weight? Was it something in her latest vlog?

Post by Guest »

kindly wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:42 am
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:45 pm
Musings:

1. It's cute how she responds to reading here by immediately posting instagrams she thinks "fight the haterz" ...
2. I almost felt sorry for her in the vlog. She seemed lonely and like the person at the party no one actually wants to talk to so they hide in the kitchen with the Mum - Rob Houchens has no time for her whatsoever.
2b. The note from Oliver was sweet. Sharing it was a bit desperate.
3. I'm almost excited for the day a blog post arrives that she has proof read and isn't dotted with mistakes.
4. Begging for freebies from Nespresso and then complaining the one you have doesn't work when they don't send you one makes you look spoiled.
5. Michael Ball is still at 92000 followers people - why aren't you doing your thing?
6. She is sad about her weight. I don't care what she says. I can see that it is making her sad.
What makes you think that Carrie is sad about her weight? Was it something in her latest vlog?
Not OP but I think she’s sad about her weight because in her Les Mis Insta post all her Eponine photos were from far away and then her Fantine one was an extreme close up where you can’t see how chubby she’s become

Asetac1814
Learner
Learner

Post by Asetac1814 »

Helianthus1567 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:20 am
It would be very easy to say, like Ellie Goulding did a few years ago, 'I'm a vegan so whenever I take a long-haul flight, my carbon emissions are already offset/neutralised'. If I haven't eaten any meat or dairy in a month, can I be assuaged of my guilt for buying a coffee in a paper cup with a plastic lid? If I refuse to travel anywhere by plane, can I still eat meat and dairy? If I stop buying plastic bottles and replace them all with glass, can I drive a car?
It's very sanctimonious to say people can't criticise someone for creating a huge amount of waste, whether it's plastic waste or not, because of their dietary preferences. For all I know, you eat quinoa and bananas and nutella but you couldn't care less about the environmental and socio-economic impacts of all those products. We're all having a pretty shameful impact on the planet just by existing and breathing. If we're all doing a little bit that's fine. If you start pointing at people and saying 'whatever you do won't be enough because you eat meat and dairy', you're not going to make them become vegan, they're just going to stop doing anything because, like you said 'it makes no difference'.
I do agree with some of your points. But then following your argument and logic we shouldn’t be picking fault at Carrie for her Nespresso pods, she may be doing other things we aren’t to reduce her footprint so who are we here to criticise her for one of the things she isn’t doing? (For example I don’t think she drives which a lot of us on here probably do, she always seems to walk or use public transport).

I used the meat and dairy example because the experts in climate change and environmental impact are all saying that the single most effective thing a person can do to reduce their environmental impact is stop eating meat and dairy. The facts back this claim up. I was using it as an example as it’s something most people do that is far more impactful than a lot of the things they might criticise someone else for doing.
It’s a really easy change we could all make but many just choose not to because they value their taste buds more than the planet. If people aren’t prepared to make the most effective change they can then they shouldn’t criticise others for small things.

Helianthus1567
Informer
Informer

Post by Helianthus1567 »

Asetac1814 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:10 am
Helianthus1567 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:20 am
I do agree with some of your points. But then following your argument and logic we shouldn’t be picking fault at Carrie for her Nespresso pods, she may be doing other things we aren’t to reduce her footprint so who are we here to criticise her for one of the things she isn’t doing? (For example I don’t think she drives which a lot of us on here probably do, she always seems to walk or use public transport).

I used the meat and dairy example because the experts in climate change and environmental impact are all saying that the single most effective thing a person can do to reduce their environmental impact is stop eating meat and dairy. The facts back this claim up. I was using it as an example as it’s something most people do that is far more impactful than a lot of the things they might criticise someone else for doing.
It’s a really easy change we could all make but many just choose not to because they value their taste buds more than the planet. If people aren’t prepared to make the most effective change they can then they shouldn’t criticise others for small things.
Personally, I wasn't picking on Carrie for using pods, I was commenting on her repeated begging for freebies. But I understand why others would for reasons that have been stated. She's got her keepcup, she uses public transport for the most part. That's good enough for me.
I understand that giving up meat and dairy may well be the 'most impactful' thing a person can do, but thinking of socio-economic impacts, I'm not prepared to encourage this as it could put several hundred thousand farmers out of work, plus if they go out of work, those animals are going to have to be killed anyway, so.........
Also there are some people (very small percentage) who have certain health issues like chronic low iron and anaemia who probably need to eat meat because it's the fastest and most efficient way of intaking iron. Yes, there is iron in some vegetables, but for the same amount of iron that's a huge amount of broccoli (for example) you'd have to eat in a day, and you have to consider that with the added fibre content and its effects they wouldn't absorb much iron from it anyway.
I'm also hesitant about the whole climate stuff anyway (I'm in no way a climate change denier) because people will not address the key issue at the heart of the matter which is a rampant uncontrolled global human population that is showing no signs of slowing. You've given up meat and dairy. Fair enough. But you could decide to have 6 kids which would have far more impact on the planet than say me or someone else who's made a conscious decision to never have children for whatever reason eating meat and cheese once or twice a week.
I do think a lot of people eat too much meat, but rather than telling people it's forbidden (forbidden fruit is always so much sweeter) how about we encourage them to eat less meat and cheese for their own health as well as that of the planet? And at the same time we could encourage people to maybe only have 1 or 2 kids maximum for the same reasons?

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”