GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shane Pawson - Cat Shagger & Gold Digger Snagger - Part 21

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

no ragrets wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 am
Ryland's new video was just.. depressing. He and Shane have literally no chemistry anymore and seem genuinely annoyed with each other, especially during the argument over who has bad breath. I strongly dislike Ryland, but I almost felt bad for him and that's saying something. This video was supposed to be him cooking a meal for his boyfriend and Shane didn't even care (it rather seemed like he cooked for Andrew), he just kept acting like a stuck up MUA, grossly applying his lipgloss over and over. Like compare them to Jenna and Julien for example, who also argue on camera but they seem very much in love and still have fun together. Shane and Ryland on the other hand are just depressing to watch, they seem so miserable together and it even looked like Shane doesn't give a shit about their wedding. I think their relationship is doomed.
The bit where Ryland was begging Shane not to break the food at the end was so uncomfortable; they can say it's a "character" all they want but that bit was real as was Shane's face when Ryland mentioned kids. I highly doubt Shane wants children any time in the near future if at all and Ryland better wise up and leave or stick with Shane and live with the regret of never having children. Everyone makes excuses for Shane, even Ryland with the wedding that is most likely not happening next year, and nobody wants to step and tell him what a jerk he is because they all benefit from his gross behaviour.

Post by Guest »

It's sad when Shane treats Jeffree better than his own soon to be husband. It's funny that someone here said Shane seems like a gold digger/freeloader because maybe thats why he attracted Ryland.

There's no doubt in my mind Shane would be with Jeff if Jeff wanted him. Just to hang out with the top mean girl and be taken care of and not having to work.

DiabolicalDollx
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by DiabolicalDollx »

In regards to Rylans recent video (cooking for my boyfriend or watevaaa *BRock voice*), Idk why he didn't edit out certain shit, especially since it's a sponsored video. Why leave Shanes mention of James Charles little brother in? The bad breath debate wasn't relatable or cute, it just exposed Shanes bad hygiene & tension between them.

You all are annoyed Shane can't refrain from at least 5 J* references per video, I'm bored of Shanes 'jokes' about Tana, it's becoming redundant & mostly is never witty nor funny.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually took pity on Rylan in this video. More than once he tried to get Shane engaged in the cooking but Shane couldn't do anything but have his nose in his phone, make subpar 'jokes' (at best) & generally just acted like a knobhead.

Also, I'm indifferent towards Andrew, I don't really have any opinions on him but found it especially awkward at his confession to talking to himself, was a little weird ha.
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.

silverah
Learner
Learner

Post by silverah »

FoodGusher wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:02 am
erinswife wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:47 pm
did Shane just... self-diagnosed himself with misophonia just to have one more reason to shit on ryland and act annoyed about him????
I have Misophonia and I don't even care about if his is real or not (most doctors haven't even heard of it and it's not part of the DSM or ICD, so technically no one can even diagnose you yet and you have to rely on self-diagnosis - and you can definitely tell if you have it or not), all I care about is the exposure it gets by him mentioning it.
I'm pretty sure peope have committed suicide over Misophonia before; it can make life unbearable and it WILL get worse with age. And if just one person who suffers from it hears that this horrible thing has a name and learns that they're not weird nutjobs that should just go and live in the woods but that it's an actual issue and there are MANY other people suffering from it, then that's helpful.

And yes, there are noises that will make you wanna go on a killing rampage if certain people create them while they won't bother you by other people, things or animals. Seems contradictory but it makes sense if I'd explain it to you, but that's not what this forum is for.

So - as much as I get annoyed by Shawn for basically anything he does, I'll have to defend him in this regard and hope he'll mention it again or even - god I can't believe I'm saying this - make a whole video about it.
Also an extreme Misophonia sufferer here, echoing the "it'll get worse with age" thing. Other mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression also can exacerbate the symptoms, which Shane (misophonia or not) is always going on about. It's also not so uncommon in people with ED's.
Using it as a way to shit on your partner if you don't actually have it (not speculating either way) is gross and abusive though.

I'm curious where he found the info on it to be honest. More and more of the Dr's here have an idea at least of what it is but it's still kinda hidden away.. I'd be open to a deep dive on his channel if he did some actual fucking research, he could skype in with someone from the Manchester study or talk to that show host who said she has it. I'm all for good exposure but I'm not sure that he wouldn't just make people with it out to be monsters like he did with his Jake Paul series. Maybe it would be different if he says he has it but lol...he wouldn't do the research though or the non-sensationalizing so just :/ Here's to hoping he never brings it up again?

Sidenote though, dr's offices typically share the tinnitus code with misophonia so they can have it in their charts. There is an audiologist that was one of the first people to start looking into it and she can help with accomodation letters and stuff and stating that you have the disorder (she calls it 4S). It's not really all self diagnosis but it's a spectrum so I think people can have some sort of idea on their own without a dr agreeing with your thoughts. Not sure if I'm blahblahing about stuff you already know but my god is it annoying not to have those coding things and get ADA accommodation :(

Soapbox over with, don't grab onto another diagnosis please shane!!

North
Informer
Informer

Post by North »

Yeah I also wonder why they didn’t edit a lot of that stuff out. Maybe the video had to be so long and that was the best content they got that they could use for the video? Honestly that didn’t even feel like a sponsored video bc Shane kept talking about ordering Postmates. And as expected, Shane was an ass throughout the whole video. Doesn’t even try to engage, belittles Ryland, nose in his phone talking about other people.

And come on, we know damn well out of the two that Shane has the worst breath, on a consistent basis even. He admitted to not looking after his teeth like wtf. He’s gross and an idiot.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

:roll: So the trailer drops in about 2 hours or so yet I feel like they made it seem like the first part would be out today, I wonder how long it will take for the first one to be out, my bet is on a week and that is if nothing happens ''last minute''. I can't believe that even the TRAILER is barely coming out now. I would have thought that they would skip the trailer all together seeing how much fans have been pestering him about how long it's taking.
00:00 ●───────── 1:43 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

aratinga
Learner
Learner

Post by aratinga »

So the trailer was just uploaded... did anyone else just find it sort of weird? The song seemed really unfit for the subject matter and most of the clips just looked like b-roll. It really didn't reveal much about the series. He probably just threw it together to appease his fans.

Cottontail
Debater
Debater

Post by Cottontail »

did anyone else catch shane shedding a tear when he was watching the Tati drama video? LOL please

stellapeach
Informer
Informer

Post by stellapeach »

That trailer left me more confused than I was before. I would of rather had a 1 minute regular trailer than this 4 minute garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

"Huuaaahhiiyaa I will ne-ver be prom queen, but it's o-kaay"

Man, this is totally gonna hit his fans right into their conflicted wittle teenage hearts.

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

Wow Garrett was exiled to Ex Friend Island way back from the looks of that awful trailer. Adding Rich “Racism isn’t Illegal” Lux on at the end was very on brand though.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

That trailer was stupid. Shane we're not going to feel bad about you and your rich friends drama. There wasn't even a good flow of showing off highs and lows like most trailers. The entire thing was a downer. Maybe if they had mixed in bad and good type shots I wouldn't have hated it so much. It's clearly baiting for all the drama that happened. Also no narration either? It was pretty much one of those old bad YouTube montage edits fan girls make.

The only thing I'm glad about is that it'll still touch on things not Jeffree like his move and engagement. I'm also curious about the number of episodes. It seems like he just collected his vlogs for the year into this release. Which I could see working well for him if he follows a consistent release schedule.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

stellapeach wrote:That trailer left me more confused than I was before. I would of rather had a 1 minute regular trailer than this 4 minute garbage.

Exactly. If this is a series about Shane feeling fat/ugly/useless next to Jeffree, them planning the collab on a line and then Shane having doubts about being a part of this world, only to overcome it, I will be sad. Also, his aaa would do something like pad his body to be larger & reveal a weight loss. Seems like it’s partially a Shane glow up story.

Lady Grey
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady Grey »

omg i just saw the thumbnail for the trailer, and let me just say this: WHO THE HELL CARES THIS MUCH ABOUT J*

like really, who cares? he's not a nice person. he's not kind or charitable. he's not an inspiration. but even setting all that aside, he's not etertaining. his personality isn't enjoyable. he's not relatable or funny. who cares this much about him? it's like shane is doing a documentary on 'the beautiful world of marilyn monroe' or something. this is so bizarre to me. and bordering some sick obsession. it's like shane has this obsession with him. there's a fan or trisha's who is speculated to be very unwell. she makes and edits videos of trish in hopes of trisha seeing them. everyone side eyes that and knows this girl is not well and feels sorry for her. shane is like at that level but with jeffree, and making his fan videos as these 'productions' to share with his own fans. it's so bizarre to me. and again, who cares this much about j*? who cares this much about anyone to make a NINE PART SERIES about them?!?! i think back on other docu series about people in history - presidents, marilyn, elvis, winston churchill.......none of those are NINE PART SERIES. who is watching this? my brain cells are shriveling up as i think on that.

slc_chick
Talker
Talker

Post by slc_chick »

Can I say the trailer shows what an AMAZING director and cinematographer Andrew is. He’s wasting himself on Shane omg.

Kylo Ren
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kylo Ren »

Did anyone else catch a glimpse of Shane's future collab/cash grab? I saw a pig mirror and a pig backpack?

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

Pass. Big fucking pass. The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star? Are you kidding me? Also LOL at Shanes fake crying over Tati. You see a single tear fall, and he wipes his OTHER eye where there wasn't a tear. Shane is just so fake now. I'm not watching a nine part series where he makes fat jokes about himself and sucks Jeffree's dick.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

Part of me hopes that he was trying to hint at the fact that he starts seeing J* in a different light as this series progresses and that the reason he revealed part of the collab design is because they will end up parting ways because Shane doesn't like how vicious the beauty guru community is and the collab will never take place. That the name of the series is an ironic or sarcastic name and that he'll do major damage to J* and fuck him over big time in the best way possible. But OF COURSE I know this is so not going to be the case and it will just be them trying to make themselves look better and sooo human and ''we make mistakes and we're sad and depressed and self concious like everyone else guise but also look at our cute piggy merch, if you buy it we'll feel better''. I still don't know how they're going to spin the whole JC thing because both J* AND Shane came out in defense of Tati and backed her up basically so either they will stick to the narrative that they created and cause more drama or they will try to weasle their way out of it and pin the full blame on Tati and say they were fooled by her lol.

Overall the trailer looks rushed as someone mentioned above and I think that the reason it looks like B roll is because that's how this whole series will look like, Shane improving his makeup and only sometimes doing interesting things with J* like starting drama or going to a Morphe store and Andrew only panning over to the Manny picture but them never mentioning anything, a snoozefest basically.

Edit: also I was spot on with when the first part would release. It might not even be ready and they just complied a bunch of shit for the trailer mixed in with some dramatic scenes just to buy more time, as someone mentioned here as well
00:00 ●───────── 1:43 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

stars&rockets08
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by stars&rockets08 »

Months and months, everyone waited for this? :rofl: :roll: He made it seem like some grandiose expose on the beauty community, and world. But, it's about him! Oh and with some Jeffree Star thrown in there so he can squeal OHHHHH MY GOD JEFFFFFRRRRREEEEEEE... Not that I'm shocked but still...
Last edited by stars&rockets08 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiabolicalDollx
Talker
Talker

Post by DiabolicalDollx »

Andrew in a full face of make-up looking like "Wtf have I got myself into".

Whoever said the B roll comment hit the nail on the head, it was a patch work of B roll.

By the editing, looks like they were trying to come across deep, complex, & meaningful but it just gave me very much confusion vibes. Not sure how I'm meant to feel & a trailer is meant to summarize the story/direction so I don't feel all that optimistic.

I also got irritated af seeing Rich Lux at the end. I really hope people stop watching his fuckery. Instead support his talented, promising, authentic, funny ex friend; Lushious Massacr.

I digress. The trailer was a bit of a shit show & I don't expect much better from the series.
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.

Return to “Shane Dawson”