Dray Gardens (Part 5)

Re: Dray Gardens (Part 5)

Post by Guest »

facepainter wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 pm
So I just learned that Dr. Dray had a sister who died as a child, and I immediately thought of the background story of the Peter Pan character. J. M. Barrie, the author, also had a brother die when he was a child — Barrie was 6 and his brother was almost 14. The brother who passed away happened to be their mother's favorite child, and this weird dynamic occurred where Barrie had to take his brother's place by sometimes wearing his clothes, shoes, and acting similarly. Barrie was also struck by the strangeness of the fact that he would continue to get older, while his older brother would never age past 14. He and his mom (and probably the rest of the family) held this image of the deceased brother as the 14-year-old he was at the time he died.

Peter Pan is a mix of both J. M. Barrie and his brother.

I'm not saying Dray's mom had her do weird things like dress up in the clothes of her dead sister, but I wouldn't be surprised if she became an overprotective parent and coddled Dray out of fear of losing another child, ultimately stunting her growth. It's also possible that Dray decided to fill the role of her late child sister on her own and ended up getting frozen in time as a child psychologically.

I might be totally off, but I think it's highly probably that the co-dependence she and mom have for each other and her weird childlike habits are somewhat rooted in her sister's death.
Where/how did people find this out? Genuinely curious. Did she mention it in her videos? Given how controlling she is over her online image, I am surprised if that is the case.

Phil3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Phil3 »

I don't think dray has one friend. I literally think she only ever sees her mom.

SPF5000
Informer
Informer

Post by SPF5000 »

scoopydoodle wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:49 am
facepainter wrote:
So I just learned that Dr. Dray had a sister who died as a child, and I immediately thought of the background story of the Peter Pan character. J. M. Barrie, the author, also had a brother die when he was a child — Barrie was 6 and his brother was almost 14. The brother who passed away happened to be their mother's favorite child, and this weird dynamic occurred where Barrie had to take his brother's place by sometimes wearing his clothes, shoes, and acting similarly. Barrie was also struck by the strangeness of the fact that he would continue to get older, while his older brother would never age past 14. He and his mom (and probably the rest of the family) held this image of the deceased brother as the 14-year-old he was at the time he died.

I'm not saying Dray's mom had her do weird things like dress up in the clothes of her dead sister, but I wouldn't be surprised if she became an overprotective parent and coddled Dray out of fear of losing another child, ultimately stunting her growth. It's also possible that Dray decided to fill the role of her late child sister on her own and ended up getting frozen in time as a child psychologically.

I might be totally off, but I think it's highly probably that the co-dependence she and mom have for each other and her weird childlike habits are somewhat rooted in her sister's death.
Where/how did people find this out? Genuinely curious. Did she mention it in her videos? Given how controlling she is over her online image, I am surprised if that is the case.
Someone probably googled her name and/or parents and found out after sifting through a few search results pages, as their names would have been listed in a public obituary I would imagine.

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

It's been discussed on here several times. It's a good theory about WHY their relationship is weird.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

scoopydoodle wrote:
facepainter wrote:

I’ve no idea, but I’ve seen the same thing on these boards and some other forums as I’ve been trying to learn more about her. I’m wondering how they managed to get any of her information because so far I haven’t caught any video where she’s mentioned anything that would allow people to figure out what her last name is or where she used to work, but that’s also been figured out too.

artheusa
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by artheusa »

facepainter wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:37 am
scoopydoodle wrote:
I’ve no idea, but I’ve seen the same thing on these boards and some other forums as I’ve been trying to learn more about her. I’m wondering how they managed to get any of her information because so far I haven’t caught any video where she’s mentioned anything that would allow people to figure out what her last name is or where she used to work, but that’s also been figured out too.
If my memory serves me right, someone on Guru Gossip found a local newspaper clipping talking about the passing of a young child. There were names and surnames mentioned, and it fit their location I believe. It has to be in one of the older threads, probably the first one.

Just checked before hitting submit, here it is: viewtopic.php?p=3416699#p3416699

SPF5000
Informer
Informer

Post by SPF5000 »

facepainter wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:37 am
scoopydoodle wrote:
I'm also wondering that too. At first I thought that maybe she had linked her real-name FB with her Youtube channel, but her YT channel was only started in 2016, and she had stopped activity on her FB page that everyone here has posted pics form.

I think she just gave out too much trackable info, like location and conferences, on her channel. People are going to dig extra hard when there's a someone on YT representing themselves as a doctor and giving advice from the position of medical authority. It seems shady in the efforts that she went to to not be transparent in that respect, when you think that every other derm on YT has their real name and clinic info.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i haven't been on here in ages. i stopped watching because it just felt wrong to enable the unhealthy antics of a supposed doctor. still does to me. (personal opinion, the truth is mostly i got bored and forgot about her)
is she still wasting away, or has there been a turn around?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Vodkab4noon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Vodkab4noon »

Dray really makes me rethink my introvertness. I NEED TO GO OUT AND INTERACT WITH PPL MORE OR I'M GONNA END UP LIKE THE WEIRDO DRAY!!!!

Post by Guest »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:35 am
i haven't been on here in ages. i stopped watching because it just felt wrong to enable the unhealthy antics of a supposed doctor. still does to me. (personal opinion, the truth is mostly i got bored and forgot about her)
is she still wasting away, or has there been a turn around?
She did put on some weight a while ago, but still seems underweight.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Vodkab4noon wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:46 am
Dray really makes me rethink my introvertness. I NEED TO GO OUT AND INTERACT WITH PPL MORE OR I'M GONNA END UP LIKE THE WEIRDO DRAY!!!!
There's nothing wrong with being an introvert. Just don't take it to extremes like this woman :tu:

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

Vodkab4noon wrote:
There's a huge difference between being an introvert and being antisocial. Dray says she's an introvert, but she's actually antisocial.

Sunislife
Learner
Learner

Post by Sunislife »

Dray is not an introvert. How would an introvert expose herself every single day to hundreds of thousands of people ?! She says that to manipulate others because anyone can relate to an introvert or feel some sympathy or compassion. There is nothing wrong with that.

But in reality, she is an extreme narcissist to a point where she cannot tolerate anyone who cannot acknowledge her ''superiority'', contradicts her in any way, challenge her or give her any kind of advice. It's obvious in her obsessive control of people's comments online, let alone face to face interaction with real people.

IMHO, her ED is a consequence of her extreme narcissism.

Here are the main traits of a narcissist from https://www.helpguide.org/articles/ment ... sorder.htm :
  • Grandiose sense of self-importance. ...
  • Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur. ...
  • Needs constant praise and admiration. ...
  • Sense of entitlement. ...
  • Exploits others without guilt or shame. ...
  • Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others.

genscreen90
Lurker
Lurker

Post by genscreen90 »

Vodkab4noon wrote:
As long as you don't limit your social contact only to your mother and her dog lol.. I think you are fine.
Really she uses the introvert excuse for her mental issues connected to her anti-social behaviour. There are introverted people working as nurses, doctors or any other jobs that require a lot of contact with people and they are fine. Let's be honest, contact with people/collaboration is important in every aspect of life and whatever career path you would choose.

4 fraud detection
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 4 fraud detection »

Sunislife wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:16 pm
Dray is not an introvert. How would an introvert expose herself every single day to hundreds of thousands of people ?! She says that to manipulate others because anyone can relate to an introvert or feel some sympathy or compassion. There is nothing wrong with that.

But in reality, she is an extreme narcissist to a point where she cannot tolerate anyone who cannot acknowledge her ''superiority'', contradicts her in any way, challenge her or give her any kind of advice. It's obvious in her obsessive control of people's comments online, let alone face to face interaction with real people.

IMHO, her ED is a consequence of her extreme narcissism.

Here are the main traits of a narcissist from https://www.helpguide.org/articles/ment ... sorder.htm :
  • Grandiose sense of self-importance. ...
  • Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur. ...
  • Needs constant praise and admiration. ...
  • Sense of entitlement. ...
  • Exploits others without guilt or shame. ...
  • Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others.
10'000'000'000'000 % agree with you.

My opinion is the same " her ED is a consequence of her extreme narcissism".
You can also see her extreme narcissism in the way her sentences are made and how her narratives are constructed. You can see that in her body linguage too. You can see that in the relationship with her mother, certainly a narcissist too ( they don't age very well). You can see that in all her contradictions about products and how she modifies sometimes her speechs.

She excels in the art of contradictory messages(= paradoxical discourse) so that, very quickly "you" will no longer know where you are, what to think, and maybe feel a little bit numb and stupid or not enough intelligent. In that way she can escape from all opposition. She is a master in the use of vague, unnecessary convoluted and confusing words to bog down the viewers to prevent them from realizing the constant adaptation of her speechs.

There is no one video ( that I have watched) where she hasn't any trait of narcissism.

If you compare her to the other dermatologists on You Tube, you can see that :
They operate under their name.
They don't have affiliates links.
They dress properly and not half naked, stained and/or wrinkled clothes.
( She is the kind of gal who thinks that you looks or are more intelligent if you dislike fashion, make up,etc).
They don't expose entirely their private life .
They simplify complicate notions in order to be easy to understand.
They rely on their own practice experiences instead of choosing studies that fit their "needs of the moment".
They don't waste their time and the time of her viewers in too long videos ( full of unecessary repetitions)
etc.

This list is far from being exhaustive.

For the positive side, she is a goldmine for people who want to study narcissists and flying monkeys (= her minions). Those are now the ones who disqualifie others dermatologists because they don't align to Dr Dray's True Scientific Knowledges.
DR DRAY YOUTUBE CHANNEL NEEDS TO DIE IN 2020, WE NEED CLEAN INSTEAD OF SELLOUT YOUTUBERS

rawpumpkin
Talker
Talker

Post by rawpumpkin »

Does anyone know why she refuses to drive when she's with her Mom? She drives to Costco so we know she technically can drive....
She makes Jazz Hands, at nearly 70-yr old, who can barely turn her head, drive the 8 hours for their Gulf Shores trip.

givemeabeat1
Informer
Informer

Post by givemeabeat1 »

rawpumpkin wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:45 am
Does anyone know why she refuses to drive when she's with her Mom? She drives to Costco so we know she technically can drive....
She makes Jazz Hands, at nearly 70-yr old, who can barely turn her head, drive the 8 hours for their Gulf Shores trip.
probably cause the sun was rising from driver's side and she's too tired from lack of food.

4 fraud detection
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 4 fraud detection »

rawpumpkin wrote:
See above the post of Sunislife :
"Exploits others without guilt or shame. ..."
DR DRAY YOUTUBE CHANNEL NEEDS TO DIE IN 2020, WE NEED CLEAN INSTEAD OF SELLOUT YOUTUBERS

Stevia
Informer
Informer

Post by Stevia »

She makes Mom drive because

She's a perpetual child
She's too cheap to run her own car
She's self centered
She is then free to video the whole lot
She probably claims back all associated costs and taxes as 'work'
She needs her hands to be free at all times to slather on sunscreen at a moment's notice

Sunislife
Learner
Learner

Post by Sunislife »

rawpumpkin wrote:
I would guess because her visibility is significantly reduced:
Dray in the car.png
And she probably got arrested by police officers a few times already:
dray car2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Dr. Dray”