Kendall Rae Part 2

alrobl420
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Kendall Rae Part 2

Post by alrobl420 »

EleanorRigbyy wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:17 am Just got freaked out on by a bunch of teenage idiots in the Mile Higher Homies fb group because I dared to critique Kendall. Apparently I'm not a true fan and I'm just bored or something along those lines lol. I had to peace out of there because I cannot stand when fan bases refuse to allow anyone to criticize their idols. The sun doesn't shine out of Kendall and Josh's asses nor anyone else on YouTube. They're not perfect and I don't give and YouTuber a pass when it comes to being lazy.
Lol I'm actually in the fb group and it's a freaking joke :rofl: The only thing mile higher related is when the podcast goes up for discussion. I've already had to block multiple people on there for spamming my timeline. Also 8 people all post the same meme and it's hella annoying. :roll: Side note I saw them at their live show at RTX and Kendall is way bigger in person and Josh is so slim, it took me 20 seconds to realize it was him.
EleanorRigbyy
Debater
Debater

Post by EleanorRigbyy »

wind84 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 pm Well Josh doesn't have a very good track record at sticking to things he's started. He stopped doing YT videos and took his channel down altogether, he stopped streaming on Twitch. We'll see if he sticks with the new podcast. Mile Higher podcast doesn't have as many YT subs as I thought it would and the views are only okay. It's enough to have a decent revenue, but nothing close to what I thought it would be given the popularity of Kendall's channel.
I suspect they don't get and/or retain many viewers. I don't listen to the podcast anymore. I turned several friends onto it who don't even watch her channel and they all stopped listening too. At first the banter and off topic bits aren't so bad but eventually it gets annoying and repetitive. So far I've definitely liked Josh's podcast better but I agree we'll see.
mbn_0310
Talker
Talker

Post by mbn_0310 »

youngcurls wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:56 am Did they give any explanation about why Josh made a separate additional podcast to cover the same type of content?
So he can do podcasts on things Kendall finds “boring” or “too scary”. The first podcast kind of left a bad taste in my mouth because I got a feeling he was reading excerpts from other people’s articles about the topics and just combines a bunch together. In the first one he was reading his notes and said “as a parent I couldn’t imagine” but he’s not a parent and it was very obvious he was reading something word for word trying to make it seem like his own words just like they do in the mile higher podcast. At least in MHP Kendall speaks her actual mind (which is completely opposite from her videos where she just reiterates the research josh finds for podcasts)
wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been liked: 1 time

Post by wind84 »

mbn_0310 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:03 am
youngcurls wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:56 am Did they give any explanation about why Josh made a separate additional podcast to cover the same type of content?
So he can do podcasts on things Kendall finds “boring” or “too scary”. The first podcast kind of left a bad taste in my mouth because I got a feeling he was reading excerpts from other people’s articles about the topics and just combines a bunch together. In the first one he was reading his notes and said “as a parent I couldn’t imagine” but he’s not a parent and it was very obvious he was reading something word for word trying to make it seem like his own words just like they do in the mile higher podcast. At least in MHP Kendall speaks her actual mind (which is completely opposite from her videos where she just reiterates the research josh finds for podcasts)
If that's true that he was just reading articles, that is really fucked up. Maybe he's taking a page from Crime Junkie and plagiarizing his podcasts to gain notoriety!
BBicecream
Informer
Informer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by BBicecream »

Something feels off about Josh starting his own podcast. You could tell by the look on Kendell's face when they first told their viewers on MHP that she is disappointed or doesn't understand it.

I think this guy wants to do his own thing but his wife has to have such a big f****** say about it. Just let him have his own hobbies/YT content. Although if no one is listening to MH anymore I'm not sure Josh starting ANOTHER is going to do them any good.
Last edited by BBicecream on Tue May 19, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

Something feels off about Josh starting his own podcast. You could tell by the look on Kendell's face when they first told their viewers on MHP that she is disappointed or doesn't understand it.

I think this guy wants to do his own thing but his wife has to have such a big f****** say about it. Just let him have his own hobbies/YT content. Although if no one is listening to MH anymore I'm not sure Josh starting ANOTHER is going to do them any good.
telephonetom
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by telephonetom »

You know Kendall is sitting there hoping Josh's podcast fails. lol
Thing is.... Josh is the best thing about Mile Higher podcast. He's the better talker, he doesnt sit there and yawn like Kendall, etc... Hopefully his new podcast will cover big topics like the Mile Higher one or else it will fail.
WanderingWeirdo2
Debater
Debater
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by WanderingWeirdo2 »

I'm rooting for Josh, because he needs his own thing away from Kendall, and she's really no good at podcasts. She usually sits there perplexed, says, "interesting", and then continues to look very confused. She also gets distracted easily and will take the topic somewhere it doesn't need to be. Josh also tends to backpedal and try to go along with her opinion when she disagrees with him, even though he's usually correct. At least with his own podcast he can just let things flow.

I'm trying one out. I do think he needs to read less from a script and just sort of go by bullet points and discuss things. But I'm also not done, so we'll see.

I feel like he'd greatly benefit from someone a little more colorful and off the wall to react to his facts. That person just isn't Kendall.
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

Why is he covering topics him and Kendell have already covered on the Mile Higher podcast tho?? It's like Kendell has already done a video on Elisa Lam, and then they did a podcast on Elisa Lam on Mile Higher and now Josh is going to cover it again? Its just overdone, repetitive and not needed in my book. A sure fire way to make everyone bored of these cases. Maybe he wants to talk about them in a way he couldn't with Kendell? I'm really on the fence with this. He had his own channel which covered some interesting topics I think he should just make podcasts out of those.
wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

^ Especially a topic like Elisa Lam where there was an investigation, an official report, and the case is closed. Unless there is a break in the case or something else comes up, just stop regurgitating the same shit that everyone else does. I just hate it because not everything has to be a conspiracy but they want everything to be a conspiracy.
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

I think the Elisa Lam case is pretty solveable and not a huge conspiracy like tons of people on various forums and YT are making it out to be. Its clear she could've planned the whole thing with someone and then the elevator video showed she got frustrated that it wouldn't take her up to the roof. Then she could've just taken the stairs instead with someone posing as an employee who got access. Its also possible she could've just been having an episode. I don't think its a wild goose chase at this point. So I watched Josh's podcast and it seems to be the polar opposite of what him and Kendell are doing. I mean for something like this which he claims bought him and his brother closer together they sure don't talk to each other a lot during the podcast?? His brother chimes in here and there but nothing groundbreaking. I don't understand it, I think I'm confused because I thought he legit wanted more serious interaction during these podcasts but then....nothing. Its basically just him sitting there reading off a computer that I think it could pass for being a solo podcast.
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

I think the Elisa Lam case is pretty solveable and not a huge conspiracy like tons of people on various forums and YT are making it out to be. Its clear she could've planned the whole thing with someone and then the elevator video showed she got frustrated that it wouldn't take her up to the roof. Then she could've just taken the stairs instead with someone posing as an employee who got access. Its also possible she could've just been having an episode. I don't think its a wild goose chase at this point. So I watched Josh's podcast and it seems to be the polar opposite of what him and Kendell are doing. I mean for something like this which he claims bought him and his brother closer together they sure don't talk to each other a lot during the podcast?? His brother chimes in here and there but nothing groundbreaking. I don't understand it, I think I'm confused because I thought he legit wanted more serious interaction during these podcasts but then....nothing. Its basically just him sitting there reading off a computer that I think it could pass for being a solo podcast.
WanderingWeirdo2
Debater
Debater
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by WanderingWeirdo2 »

I finally watched one of his podcasts, but I only enjoyed it because I had never heard the full story of Travis Walton. He's essentially telling a story, and that's it. Plus the moments where his brother chimes in feel oddly fake, almost as if he isn't there (not saying he isn't), because Josh doesn't really respond to him or start a conversation. Maybe he'll get the hang of it after a while, or maybe he just isn't all that interesting. He seems like a nice guy, and I do hope he finds a way to make his channel lively and interesting, but being Kendall's sidekick who reads facts and edits videos seems to have taken away his individualism. I don't watch many podcasts, but I always assumed they were for people with a lot to say and with large personalities.
brookenichole
Talker
Talker

Post by brookenichole »

I just wanted to say it's pointless for Janelle to be at their Mile Higher podcasts. The camera focuses on her and she looks like trash most of the time, the angle is awful too. The laziest person of all, Kendall looks more put together. They must be paying Janelle to edit videos for them...
that_witch
Learner
Learner

Post by that_witch »

Further raises the question of what the hell Kendall even contributes to the podcast these days 🙄 At least Jenelle has some interesting things to say and offer to the conversation - aside from just “interesting...”
EleanorRigbyy
Debater
Debater

Post by EleanorRigbyy »

I definitely prefer Lights Out over Mile Higher simply bc I get so sick of Kendall teasing Josh when he stumbles over his words and just overall making herself seem really stupid. But I also don't like Josh's brother. Why do they talk to each like like they're strangers??? His brother adds literally nothing to the podcast. He almost always just rephrases what Josh said.
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

EleanorRigbyy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:51 pm I definitely prefer Lights Out over Mile Higher simply bc I get so sick of Kendall teasing Josh when he stumbles over his words and just overall making herself seem really stupid. But I also don't like Josh's brother. Why do they talk to each like like they're strangers??? His brother adds literally nothing to the podcast. He almost always just rephrases what Josh said.
Josh should just set up Lights Out similar to how they have the Mile Higher set up with Janelle out of the frame. He looks over at his brother so often that his brother should be in the shot in the same way Kendell is in Mile Higher. It seems rude to crop him out, but maybe their relationship is still taking work and not as good as Josh originally claimed.
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

EleanorRigbyy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:51 pm I definitely prefer Lights Out over Mile Higher simply bc I get so sick of Kendall teasing Josh when he stumbles over his words and just overall making herself seem really stupid. But I also don't like Josh's brother. Why do they talk to each like like they're strangers??? His brother adds literally nothing to the podcast. He almost always just rephrases what Josh said.
Josh should just set up Lights Out similar to how they have the Mile Higher set up with Janelle out of the frame. He looks over at his brother so often that his brother should be in the shot in the same way Kendell is in Mile Higher. It seems rude to crop him out, but maybe their relationship is still taking work and not as good as Josh originally claimed.
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

Ugh. Does anyone else here absolutely HATE when they diss people for their efforts' in fight or flight situations ? In the latest Lights Out podcast, Josh is just ripping into the lady Linda who apparently woke up to an alien standing by her bed and proceeded to throw her pillow at the creature as immediate response. Josh is all like "I would've reached under my bed and gotten a f****** 9mm and SHOT the damn thing!". WTF Josh, no you wouldn'T. Him and Kendell need to stop acting so holier than thou! They're not better than anyone else, and in high stress situations like that it is unknown what any individual wold do but probably not act all badass like they're from some movie. This just aggravates me, I think this is the most immature aspect of all their podcasts!
BBicecream
Informer
Informer

Post by BBicecream »

Ugh. Does anyone else here absolutely HATE when they diss people for their efforts' in fight or flight situations ? In the latest Lights Out podcast, Josh is just ripping into the lady Linda who apparently woke up to an alien standing by her bed and proceeded to throw her pillow at the creature as immediate response. Josh is all like "I would've reached under my bed and gotten a f****** 9mm and SHOT the damn thing!". WTF Josh, no you wouldn'T. Him and Kendell need to stop acting so holier than thou! They're not better than anyone else, and in high stress situations like that it is unknown what any individual would do but probably not act all badass like they're from some movie. This just aggravates me, I think this is the most immature aspect of all their podcasts!

Return to “Kendall Rae”