Pretty Pastel Please

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Re: Pretty Pastel Please

Post by SylvieMoon »

Bonki wrote:I dont think she actually gets that over dyeing and bleaching her hair might actually have permanent damage to not only her hair but growth and scalp. I mean if she wont cry over never having her old hair back then fine do whatever you want, but I bet that she will throw a huge fit if it actually turns out to do permanent damage and what is she gonna do then? I mean people are warning her now she just refuse to listen. So she cant blame that she didn't know, also she is acting like she is 12, she has money and time, she could get a proffesional to help her and do a video about it.
Bleaching and dying doesn’t damage new hair growth and it will only seriously damage your scalp if you end up with burns. Only the hair being messed with will be damaged and break etc. But yes if she wants to keep doing this it’s her problem Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Did she really post a 20 minute video of the bird?
That Girl!

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I usually don't mind her bird videos, but they are usually edited, shorter, plus seeing him in a cage when we are use to see him free roaming is a little bit depressing...

For her hair, using dozen and dozen products, didn't let her hair rest between hair jobs, washing her hair several times in a row, etc, my philosophy is that she's an adult, she made the bed, now she have to sleep in it. I still don't understand why she dyes her so many times in that short of a period. She didn't seems happy about it, she was often on defensive mode, it wasn't helpful or specifically entertaining.

I hope the content of her channel will take a better direction, she still have a sense of humor I like, I love Archie, but she's not really mature.

nanyyy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nanyyy »

Why is she so adamant in "dying her hair back to the natural color" if her hair is already all regrowth????????? It's literally the natural color, ffs
and her mom sounds like a pain in the ass, every time she mentions their relationship, it looks full on toxic co-dependency

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Again, she has to make remarks about mean remarks, it's like she can't let it go, you can't tell me she doesn't care about other people opinions... The color is less natural more redder than it was. It seems we will still have a lot of hair videos: treatment, different shades of orange, wigs, etc. Urgh...

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

I liked the bird video! But didn’t care for the hair dye one because it would just be a mix of her whinging about her mum and people mentioning her hair.

…she looks really haggard though. Not talking about whether or not she is dressed up or has makeup on or not but in general she just looks unhealthy… and gaunt.

I’m not a fan of her character lately but if she has any health problems I hope she’s getting the help she needs and has stopped the binge drinking.

AshlinDay
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by AshlinDay »

As soon as she said "my mother" in her most recent video I rolled my eyes. This relationship is clearly not healthy. and her mum picking out the colours? is she a professional? clearly not if she's recommending live dyes. They're crap and tiny sachets. I've not even finished the video and I want to fly to Sidney to fix it for her

Demonkawala
Learner
Learner

Post by Demonkawala »

I have several thoughts about her two most recent videos, one longer than the other.

Archie
The title she put was clearly a riff on other cctv videos that have gone viral in the past ala "Mailman Dances In Front Of Ring Video Doorbell After Receiving Snacks From Owner" which is super out of her normal naming scheme and is clearly trying to create a viral video outside her niche. Archie used to have his cage in the main living space, so he would have constant contact with Alex and Dan throughout the day on top of constantly being allowed to free roam. Archie used to constantly be with Alex during her filming and is usually only shown in his cage now. On top of that Alex does tend to act scared of him when he is outside his cage. Alex herself in her old videos talked about how much attention Eclectus parrots need, which is why he was originally having his cage in the main living space. I have also seen noted that Eclectus parrots are specifically friendly and easy to tame. Their temperment is literlly listed as "gentle, tranquil, and caring". That is nothing like how Alex acts around Archie.

Hair Dye
I don't know if anyone thought this but, the end of her hair dyeing video felt... concerning. The way that Dan set up a camera infront of Alex, her having a placid face but rocking back and forth/ self-soothing quite alot. Also Dan noting how little sleep she has been getting, as little as 2 1/2 hours (I saw even saw comments on people praising her for getting so much work done on so little sleep). Dan also noted that she didn't even actually like the hair color and that "mistakes were made" even though the product itself is good. I can feel the anxiety rolling off her in the end bit and possibly the circular thoughts that are going through her head. Maybe she is dyeing and cutting her hair for a sense of control, that isn't a far fetched idea. There is also the possiblity that all these "failed" attempts and experiments are getting to her. She, for nearly a year, hasn't been getting the exact results she wants with any of her dyeing and cutting. She has made mistakes and tried to live with it until it becomes too much and she tries to "fix" it again. Those mistakes just keep piling up and can be all you think about. So I hope she is okay, that level of sleep mixed with anxiety is not good for you, speaking from experience.

beautifuldisaster082
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by beautifuldisaster082 »

I can completely understand her having a mental health breakdown since the pandemic. For that I do feel for her and hope she can get some help with that. If she's afraid or ashamed, I'm sure there's plenty of places she can look into to talk to someone outside of her circle.

I don't want to go feeling all sorry for her yet. She herself said she just did those hair dye videos for views and content. That's it. Yes I can see how she got frustrated from most, if not all of them failing. Had she just gone to a professional once things calmed down and places reopened, she could have avoided all of that. She chose not to, and therefore ruined her hair all by herself. She is aware of that now. We all make mistakes in our lifetimes and the twenties are a good decade to do it in. She is coming to the end of those years and I get that it's bittersweet. She does have way more advantages than I did at her age. She has money, a nice house, a career doing YouTube and husband who works full time. Way more than I or any of my friends had during that time. I think this will be an awakening for her, and her thirties she can thrive and lift herself back up. I do miss the old content when she seemed happier and we saw more of Archie. It is sad now that we don't see him much anymore on camera.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

Boredartist
Learner
Learner

Post by Boredartist »

Can someone give me a clue as to which video contains her 'acting scared with archie out of the cage'? Havent watched in a while. I used to really like the old content with archie flying around while she reviews clothes.

captain-marzipan
Talker
Talker

Post by captain-marzipan »

On Archie's instagram she wrote how they've clipped his wings so when he's out of his cage he can't do "too much damage" and admitted they were scared of him
"We spoke to a Parrot Behavioural Expert who suggested we clip his wings so that he can safely come out of his cage without causing any harm. We were told that with his wings clipped he would become more reliant on us, leading to less aggression. We mulled the whole wing clipping thing over for several months, as it wasn’t an easy decision. Flight is obviously an important part of a birds health (both physically and mentally) but having an aggressive parrot fly at your face is truly terrifying. We became so frightened of him that we left him in his cage for long periods of time. After months of contemplating, we finally decided to have his wings clipped."
The flight wings should grow back so he can fly again eventually but I think it's difficult to say when he'll get over the puberty so him being flightless might be the case for a little while.

Demonkawala
Learner
Learner

Post by Demonkawala »

Boredartist wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:36 pm
Can someone give me a clue as to which video contains her 'acting scared with archie out of the cage'? Havent watched in a while. I used to really like the old content with archie flying around while she reviews clothes.
In her most recent video, the wig one, at 12:30 she screams and ducks in fear of archie flying near her.
"Mom picks my clothes" around 12:30 they show archie wanting to bite dan
Throughout the "dyeing hair periwinkle" one she uses his aggression as a joke
and in "Heatless hair curler" early on she talks about how Archie is "hormonal right now"

These are the ones I remembered of the top of my head, I know there are more but I dont feel like going through all the videos to find them.

I also find it weird that in several of those videos she talks about how it is weird that Archie "walks instead of flies" which might indicate they clipped his wings sooner than they let on. I feel neither here or there about clipping flight feathers. I don't think I would personally do it, but I know that it isn't permenant so it doesn't bother me.

captain-marzipan
Talker
Talker

Post by captain-marzipan »

I used to really enjoy PPP's videos but since the hair saga I've found her really irritating more than anything and I've been trying to work out why. And I've realised after this last wig video that I think it's her lack of research and care that is frustrating me.

She was told in so many comments about the best way to sort her hair out but she took them as hate comments over advice. She never separated her hair to get more even coverage and didn't listen when people said stop washing it out so many times in one day etc. There was no growth from the first dye video to the last.

And then with the wig video she just uploaded - there are 100s of videos on youtube about the best way to wear wigs. I can't believe she's genuienly ignorant enough to think she could just grab a wig, plop it on her head and it'd be custom fit and wearable. Not knowing about wig caps I can forgive - I've been there. But not even thinking of brushing it and then judging the wig from that made me so mad.

Adults who watch her content are mostly getting irritated by all this - whereas teens/tweens flood her with support. And I think "Are you going to try and copy what she's doing?". I don't want to sound old and think she's a *bad* influence but I dont think she can be a good influence either when she's just like "I can do what I want to my hair" and impressionable minds might try and copy without doing research and just 'wing it' because that's what she did.

Lastly, I HATE her fake laughing. Twice in the wig video she found something "super funny" (one time was Archie dive bombing at her). And she spent what felt like forever laughing about it. I know youtubers emotions are bigger than every day emotions because they want to make the video entertaining but there's a certain point where you can tell it's a big, fake over reaction and it's irritating.

Boredartist
Learner
Learner

Post by Boredartist »

Thanks. I don't have a bird so I'm not familiar with the upkeep, but i get that parrot claws are pretty destructive and it hurts a ton to get bit. Can't blame PPP for clipping his wings if he's aggressive, esp if it's not a permanent procedure. Though dyeing her hair with all the chemicals right next to the cage was pretty iffy. I wouldn't do that with my pets for sure.

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

For once I’d like her to use her influence for good and actually support brands that aren’t horrific and evil fast fashion brands.

Her excuse of “my viewers want SHEIN” is so shallow and her saying “well I did thriftmas” is weak too considering the other 11 months of the year is her buying shit she doesn’t need. Even thriftmas, eco-friendly consumption is buying something when you need it. Not thinking you’re eco friendly because you force yourself to buy 50 vases from a thrift store. It’s still overconsumption.

And you can see it because in one of her videos, her house is just FILLED with boxes and boxes of stuff.

TheEternal
Informer
Informer

Post by TheEternal »

another photo with the phone in front of her face...
at this point gotta wonder what she did to herself

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I don't really care about her nose jobs, but damn, another jumpsuit lingerie photo... It's like she double down the "Her poor husband" thing. I feel she's not the girl I used to like watching videos about. Her last 5 videos were all hair related, I thought the new year would go in a different direction but no. The last video I really enjoy of her was the Dita Von Teese routine one from last year.

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

All her content now is her spitefully “giving it to the haters”. She thinks that posting pics of her in jumpsuits, flipping off the haters, calling out hate comments and making hair videos out of spite is her “owning it” and showing that she doesn’t care. But in reality all it has done is make her look desperate. She loves when her followers whiteknight her over stuff that doesn’t even deserve to have an eyelash batted at.

Cool. Someone said “oh no her poor husband” once. It’s the internet. Get over it Alex. From what I see, she has far bigger problems than one stranger saying “oh noes” to a photo she posted.

I don’t care if she posts half naked photos, good for her, people can post whatever amount of skin they want. But she only does stuff to get back at people and prove how she doesn’t care. And it is pathetic because she’s fooling no one.

If people telling her to go to the salon makes her so mad to the point she posts photos flipping people off, she needs therapy and maybe to realise that a career as a public figure isn’t for her.

I don’t care if she posts half naked pics, hell if she does onlyfans, whatever, good for her. I dont care about her nose jobs or any surgeries she does. It’s her body. I just expect for her to be a decent human being and have some self reflection. But bar is so low at this point and still, she can’t even get over it.

ALR10
Learner
Learner

Post by ALR10 »

Haps she had another nose job?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Strawhats wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:17 am
All her content now is her spitefully “giving it to the haters”. She thinks that posting pics of her in jumpsuits, flipping off the haters, calling out hate comments and making hair videos out of spite is her “owning it” and showing that she doesn’t care. But in reality all it has done is make her look desperate. She loves when her followers whiteknight her over stuff that doesn’t even deserve to have an eyelash batted at.

Cool. Someone said “oh no her poor husband” once. It’s the internet. Get over it Alex. From what I see, she has far bigger problems than one stranger saying “oh noes” to a photo she posted.

I don’t care if she posts half naked photos, good for her, people can post whatever amount of skin they want. But she only does stuff to get back at people and prove how she doesn’t care. And it is pathetic because she’s fooling no one.

If people telling her to go to the salon makes her so mad to the point she posts photos flipping people off, she needs therapy and maybe to realise that a career as a public figure isn’t for her.

I don’t care if she posts half naked pics, hell if she does onlyfans, whatever, good for her. I dont care about her nose jobs or any surgeries she does. It’s her body. I just expect for her to be a decent human being and have some self reflection. But bar is so low at this point and still, she can’t even get over it.
She just wants attention from anyone and anyone

I think it's sad she thinks posting half naked pictures is somehow riveting or 'sticking it to the man' it just screams look at me, I'm desperate! Usually people say that they don't care about p/s or whatever but my thing is that if they were confident in their body they wouldn't have to alter it and consdering it's her second nose job (allegedly) that's really saying something.

Return to “Pretty Pastel Please”