Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ruby Granger Part 2

Post by actualloll »

WatchandWonder wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 pm
lmao If you pause her video with her Kindness Journal she praises herself for giving a book recommendation in Waterstones. Oooooh, my, aren't we special?! OMG I can't. Was that the social event of the year for her? Put another star on it, Ruby!

:rofl:
Just goes to show that she flounders so much without praise that she has to make even the most trivial of tasks seem like something to be rewarded for. What's next, praising herself for flushing the toilet? :rofl:

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

The thing I found quite strange - apart from the bagel thing, as it mean eating just a quarter of a bagel at some point?) is the washing up. She literally carried plates and a bowl on one tray - dishes presumably from all her meals. Does she never eat in the communal area? I never ate around people but I was struggling with food/anxiety. Again I do just worry for her.

ButterflyPug
Learner
Learner

Post by ButterflyPug »

thequietlurker wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 am
Some thoughts quickly having just watched the night routine:

1) The food issues. Again. Surely she must have enough self awareness to realise that explicitly pointing out that she only out three quarters of a bagel when she has, in general, such a young audience is just downright dangerous.

2) The weird smiling at the camera? It happened a lot in that video, like she's trying to be cute into the viewfinder. Possibly copied off Jade, but pulled off a lot less naturally

3) Showering twice a day? Definitely not the weirdest thing she does, but still seems a bit odd to me. I do shit tons of sports, and even then only shower once a day - just time it to be after the sport.

4) I refuse to believe she does all that every night.
About the showering twice a day - on some days of the week, I workout twice, and shower after each of my workouts, of course. However, seeing how she only worked out once (I think?) in one of her videos, it really doesn't make much sense to do so? Plus, it isn't that hot or humid round Exeter, so it's not like she would sweat a lot or something like that.

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

on the showering topic, she could just be one of those people who feel gross after a long day and therefore showers twice. i had a friend in high school who showered AT LEAST twice a day and she said sometimes it would be 3 times. she wasn't sporty or anything but she just felt very dirty and the only thing that helped her was having extra showers. i dont think its something that major to call ruby out on, shes not hurting anybody by having an extra shower

paulaaa
Learner
Learner

Post by paulaaa »

Yes, some of you guys are over-analysing her routines. If she hadn't mentioned that she takes a shower, people on here would probably view it as a sign she's neglecting herself.

I agree on the food thing though, her behaviour seems quite odd. Still, I (former bulimic) would rather interpret it as plain compulsive behaviour with maximum a tiny hint of anorexia.

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

she really loves the victorian era, i could never go to all that effort to host a small themed dinner

thequietlurker
Talker
Talker

Post by thequietlurker »

Why has that dinner party video been in the making since April??? There's nothing particularly complex about the editing! It's literally just timelapses with music and a voiceover - like all her videos??? So confused!

thequietlurker
Talker
Talker

Post by thequietlurker »

Also, so much for her claiming to have "grown out" of her Hermione phase. She hasn't grown out of anything, she's now just pretending to be a different character - her weird, idealised version of a Victorian girl. Bizarre, I wonder what her true personality is?

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

She is still busy playing at roles. Hermoine Granger, Anne of Green Gables, A Little Princess, now this so called Victorian dinner. After all her planning she could have done a much fancier version than this! Candles throughout the entire table, lace embroidered damask napkins, people dressed in Victorian attire, massive floral arrangement in the center and where is the oil and vinegar decanters in silver holders? The bonbons and fruits piled high in the middle? The numerous spoons and forks, a separate one for each course. Girl, please, if you are going to host a Victorian dinner, do it right. This doesn't even match a basic Victorian daily tea! She broke her mother's glasses. lmao That fringe must die. I take it she hasn't any time to do a proper uni video as she has no sponsored one on hand. I think she is already over her head with the reading material of her new major. Not the childish stuff she is used to and probably realizing she isn't as intelligent as she thought she was. What a lost soul she is. Her themes for her videos are all over the place. Lots of interesting questions about her own "home". Her response that most of the comments had been positive but she was overwhelmed by the response and it affected her mental health? OMG. Such a liar. I think you mean we all think you are bonkers and questioned the validity of such a purchase at your very young and inexperienced stage, who still plays at almost age 20 and hasn't worked a day in your life, and you got upset, yet again. Same old story with Ruby...

ab1995
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ab1995 »

WatchandWonder wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:53 am
She is still busy playing at roles. Hermoine Granger, Anne of Green Gables, A Little Princess, now this so called Victorian dinner. After all her planning she could have done a much fancier version than this! Candles throughout the entire table, lace embroidered damask napkins, people dressed in Victorian attire, massive floral arrangement in the center and where is the oil and vinegar decanters in silver holders? The bonbons and fruits piled high in the middle? The numerous spoons and forks, a separate one for each course. Girl, please, if you are going to host a Victorian dinner, do it right. This doesn't even match a basic Victorian daily tea! She broke her mother's glasses. lmao That fringe must die. I take it she hasn't any time to do a proper uni video as she has no sponsored one on hand. I think she is already over her head with the reading material of her new major. Not the childish stuff she is used to and probably realizing she isn't as intelligent as she thought she was. What a lost soul she is. Her themes for her videos are all over the place. Lots of interesting questions about her own "home". Her response that most of the comments had been positive but she was overwhelmed by the response and it affected her mental health? OMG. Such a liar. I think you mean we all think you are bonkers and questioned the validity of such a purchase at your very young and inexperienced stage, who still plays at almost age 20 and hasn't worked a day in your life, and you got upset, yet again. Same old story with Ruby...
tbh the reaction to her buying a home was definitely jealousy, understandably, but at least acknowledge it
buying a house is always a good investment, especially in the UK where the rental market is growing endlessly - perhaps there's an argument that she should have anticipated the jealously + negative reactions though ?

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

She has truly outdone herself with this one, she spent £39 (or more, possibly!) on decor for this? What type of student has the money to do that ffs
This really could have been something nice, spoiling her family or friends, cooking a meal for them and spending time together, but instead it seems like she's done it to make sure her friends stick to her weird idea of being in the Victorian times and getting to control them.
Last edited by jiggy_girl on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

jiggy_girl wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 am
She has truly outdone herself with this one, she spent £39 (or more, possibly!) on decor for this? What type of student has the money to do that ffs
Same student that bought a house at 20. By this point it's been well established that Ruby comes from a wealthy family. Her YouTube makes her money too as well as her online store. Girl ain't hurting

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

She actually made her sister and her friend WAITRESS this sick affair?! This is so bizzare.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

It really bothers me how she says blini like "bellini" and also how she wrote turmeric as "tumeric". She was waaay too literal with the whole thing. It's a different theme, but saying grace and sitting with only five candles for lighting is just too much. Nobody can enjoy that.

aquinas
Learner
Learner

Post by aquinas »

2:09 "I hate buying things" ah yes, this must be the reason you only bought 50 candles and soup spoons.

Also her pronunciation of etiquette...I've never heard someone put so much emphasis on the last syllable and it's super annoying to me aha

orchid123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by orchid123 »

So noone is bothered by the fact that she put the glasses on the left side (the wrong one)?

actualloll
Talker
Talker

Post by actualloll »

jiggy_girl wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:24 am
She actually made her sister and her friend WAITRESS this sick affair?! This is so bizzare.
She bloody well better have paid them.

actualloll
Talker
Talker

Post by actualloll »

I think the reason Ruby spends her life flitting from impersonating one character to the next is, quite frankly, because she probably hates her own personality and thinks playing pretend is much better than growing up and becoming the adult that she is.

I also find it quite hilarious that she's willing to go all the way with this Victorian dinner party and make it as accurate as possible, yet only if it suits her. Aka, 'let's buy £40 worth of utensils I'll use once, but who cares about the alcohol - Victorians had many different types at their dinner parties but because *I* I don't drink it we will only buy wine and prosecco.'

She shouldn't be buying any of it imo, but if she's so fussy about all the other components, why not this one? Lol she's so muddled and fake that it shows.

Notice how all her friends really couldn't be bothered and just came dressed normally. Honestly it's so cringe to watch her compared to her peers.

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

Post by sergeantsantiago »

I liked the video idea honestly, just as usual it's average at best in execution. She seemed pleased with her work, which is nice, though I agree with comments about her and characters. What is her obsession with playacting?

I veer between sympathy and dislike with Ruby, honestly. At times she's try-hard but sweet, and at others (like in this video, when talking about 'briefing' her sister) she comes across as insufferable. Like her friends looked so awkward in the drawing room D: Did they all get a memo beforehand with all the details and rules? Why is she expecting her friends to come to a Victorian-THEMED party and then rue that they (and she) didn't do it to the letter by ignoring their waitresses, or "maintaining formality"? Was she really expecting her friends would want to play-act along with her? Christ. Surprised with her obsession with rules and details she didn't ban phones at the table. Or have some candles at her end so she wasn't filming in the dark. That was pretty silly.

And how did a super productive person who did all the research and got all of the stuff and had time to print (... instead of just write by hand lol) a shopping list NOT plan how long it would take to cook everything? Idk why she seemed so surprised that the cooking took ages.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

In regards to the cooking. She is flustered about how hard and long it took to cook a 10 course meal. Sorry, Ruby. You have a modern kitchen. Depending on what time of the Victorian Age you are trying to imitate (Queen Victoria reigned for 63 years) you either cooked over an open fireplace or the old wood/coal burning stoves and ranges. If she thought this was hard...lol

I think she has been watching shows like Manor House and wishing herself yet another person, another time, another world. All this pretending is getting pretty old. Grow up and get living, Ruby. I want to see more about uni life, not the "pretend" hour over and over again.

Return to “Ruby Granger”