blueraindrops
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Olivia Jade Part 2

Post by blueraindrops »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:33 pm
blueraindrops wrote: TBH, its annoying to hear Olivia would have done fine in life without college and just her YT channel. She had literally one collab with sephora and its not like she is Jaclyn Hill or Jeffree Star who have amassed millions of stans and have gone on to do their own makeup thing (I'm convinced Jaclyn owns a percentage of Morphe at this point). Olivia and Bella were AVERAGE. Bella couldn't even act to save her life - there are loads of extremely talented actresses her age, so she would have never made it into show business. Hell, her mom only has one iconic role and I'm convinced she just lucked out because her acting on FH wasn't that great.

Olivia has the personality of cardboard. Her whole channel revolved around her wealth. She didn't have the business savvy or dedication to actually turn her channel into something else, the way people like Lily Singh have. What her parents did is fucked and I can't wait to see them go to prison, but lets not pretend Olivia and Bella had any sort of meaningful future ahead of them lol.
I get what you're saying, but she WOULD have done fine. Was she the most successful Youtuber? Heck no. But she was rich, pretty, and at least had a mini hobby to last her until she got married. Odds are, her friends are all rich. Therefore, she'd probably marry rich too. So, moneys no object and for the rest of her life, I'm sure she would have been set and wouldn't have had to work or use a college degree if she didn't want to.
True, but her parents clearly wanted her to have an actual career or just the prestige of that piece of paper. Personally, I don't feel bad for OJ at all. Both her and her sister are both spoiled shits and I hope their parents lose everything they have.

blueraindrops
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blueraindrops »

sarstar112 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:30 pm
blueraindrops wrote:TBH, its annoying to hear Olivia would have done fine in life without college and just her YT channel. She had literally one collab with sephora and its not like she is Jaclyn Hill or Jeffree Star who have amassed millions of stans and have gone on to do their own makeup thing (I'm convinced Jaclyn owns a percentage of Morphe at this point). Olivia and Bella were AVERAGE. Bella couldn't even act to save her life - there are loads of extremely talented actresses her age, so she would have never made it into show business. Hell, her mom only has one iconic role and I'm convinced she just lucked out because her acting on FH wasn't that great.

Olivia has the personality of cardboard. Her whole channel revolved around her wealth. She didn't have the business savvy or dedication to actually turn her channel into something else, the way people like Lily Singh have. What her parents did is fucked and I can't wait to see them go to prison, but lets not pretend Olivia and Bella had any sort of meaningful future ahead of them lol.
Most people only found out about her and were interested in watching because of who her mom is. Olivia never even seemed that passionate about beauty/cosmetics like so many other gurus..she doesn’t even know how to curl her own hair. She got lucky just like her mom. She doesn’t have much talent in really anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm baffled as to why Lori even thinks she's relevant anymore. Because she was on a semi popular sitcom 30 years ago? The show itself wasn't that hot lmao

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by tgal789 »

Yeah, Lori or Bella won't have to make room on the mantle for any acting awards..lol... And of course the girls are 2 spoiled brats. I mean really shouldn't Lori and Moss have gotten the idea that Olivia wasn't going to fare well in college? Did they think she would ever get her degree, let alone one from USC? Or were her parents planning on bribing her entire way through college until she got that (bogus) degree..?

And obviously Olivia is no JStar or Jaclyn. Jeffree and Jaclyn are a rare breed. But O was still making her own $$ and plenty of it, especially for a girl her age with no apparent talent nor much intelligence, and albeit riding her mom and dad's coattails. Most people have either book smarts or common sense smarts, Olivia and Belle seem to have neither. And really, does anyone think anyone will have youtube 'careers' 10 to 20 years from now? I don't think anyone thinks O or B are capable of making it on their own, and I don't think anyone seriously thought O was going to have her own brand like JStar or the likes..but she was making decent $$..money for nothing, basically, as the saying goes....

It really will be interesting to see how this all plays out, regardless. I do see where the poster mentioned Lori and Moss might be trying to follow the Giudice's footsteps..I could see that happen...

AsiaB
Talker
Talker

Post by AsiaB »

blueraindrops wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:07 pm
TBH, its annoying to hear Olivia would have done fine in life without college and just her YT channel. She had literally one collab with sephora and its not like she is Jaclyn Hill or Jeffree Star who have amassed millions of stans and have gone on to do their own makeup thing (I'm convinced Jaclyn owns a percentage of Morphe at this point). Olivia and Bella were AVERAGE. Bella couldn't even act to save her life - there are loads of extremely talented actresses her age, so she would have never made it into show business. Hell, her mom only has one iconic role and I'm convinced she just lucked out because her acting on FH wasn't that great.

She had more collabs than just Sephora. She had partnerships with:

- Marc Jacobs
- Tresemme
- Princess Polly
- Smile Direct
- Too Faced

Plus, you can't compare her with Lily Singh. They don't operate in the same field at all. Lily Singh is also unbearable too.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

AsiaB wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:08 am
blueraindrops wrote:
TBH, its annoying to hear Olivia would have done fine in life without college and just her YT channel. She had literally one collab with sephora and its not like she is Jaclyn Hill or Jeffree Star who have amassed millions of stans and have gone on to do their own makeup thing (I'm convinced Jaclyn owns a percentage of Morphe at this point). Olivia and Bella were AVERAGE. Bella couldn't even act to save her life - there are loads of extremely talented actresses her age, so she would have never made it into show business. Hell, her mom only has one iconic role and I'm convinced she just lucked out because her acting on FH wasn't that great.

- Marc Jacobs
- Tresemme
- Princess Polly
- Smile Direct
- Too Faced

Plus, you can't compare her with Lily Singh. They don't operate in the same field at all. Lily Singh is also unbearable too.
In addition to that, we don't know what sort of deals she had to turn down for schedule reasons, conflicts of interest, lower pay grade, etc. Besides, having your own products in sephora is a pretty big deal. She certainly never had the power or reach of J* or Jaclyn, but she was financially doing better than all the other teenagers her age, and who knows where her channels and partnerships could be in a few years. People say she and Bella had a meaningful future because of who they were as people, and not for their "talent" or brains. Like others said, they easily would have married another high power in their circle. But with Olivia coming from money and already releasing her own products, she had the potential to possibly launch her own line (even if its just ecommerce) in the future, but now that possibility is destroyed, she can't return to youtube or being an influencer, and no one wants to work with her. Whatever brands cut ties with her parents also cut ties with her, so she's getting an another slap against her.

Also, court cases take a long time to complete. Meaning, if she wanted to (for god knows what reason) return to being a SM influencer of YT while this shit storm blows up, she can't. Her channel, any business deals, and SM are going to be halted for likely at least a year or two. Which hurts her since she's at the prime age to build up her brand. Now her future is literally just marry rich, whereas before she could have at least had a financially solid hobby or something to keep her busy.

BorntoDie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BorntoDie »

She’s trash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

So is it actually her or not because they don't think it's her over in the David cult, I mean thread lol.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Seeing a headline of 40 years of prison made me lol

I hope she gets that sentence she deserves.

makeupbadidea
Talker
Talker

Post by makeupbadidea »

Gurugossiping wrote:
monak wrote: So is it actually her or not because they don't think it's her over in the David cult, I mean thread lol.
lol of course it’s her
This is NOT olivia. That's Madison Beer. I've seen multiple insta stories from that day. I haven't noticed Jackson at this party (but haven't checked that one properly tbh), but he was at Coachella house with the vlog squad last week. No Olivia since the scandal except Jackson's birthday (fatherkels' insta story) and one paparazzi shot of her and bella in the car.

GreenChilis
Learner
Learner

Post by GreenChilis »

makeupbadidea wrote:
Gurugossiping wrote:
monak wrote: So is it actually her or not because they don't think it's her over in the David cult, I mean thread lol.
lol of course it’s her
This is NOT olivia. That's Madison Beer. I've seen multiple insta stories from that day. I haven't noticed Jackson at this party (but haven't checked that one properly tbh), but he was at Coachella house with the vlog squad last week. No Olivia since the scandal except Jackson's birthday (fatherkels' insta story) and one paparazzi shot of her and bella in the car.
Looking at it again. it's def not Olivia. I thought Jackson was there. Don't remember whose's story he was on (he was in the background) but i'll recheck. If Jackson' was there Olivia might be there too, but it's not her in that pic. The girl in the pic has more of an angular face, compared to Olivia's moon face. Also, the DailyMail thought Stassiebaby was Bella. lmao

blueraindrops
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blueraindrops »

AsiaB wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:08 am
blueraindrops wrote:

- Marc Jacobs
- Tresemme
- Princess Polly
- Smile Direct
- Too Faced

I mean, Lily Singh has been in movies and is supposedly getting her own talk show. All Olivia Jade did was half assed sponsorships like every other BG out there. Nothing new there.

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

TBH, some people just aren't cut out for college. Many go, spending mommy and daddy's money or worse, going so crazy into debt, and while they may (or may not) get that degree......a lot of times they struggle to find a job..often looking for years to get a job in their field. And some go to school (even willingly), don't find jobs in their field....ever. It happens. Of course, some obviously many do and are successful, but many don't..especially the ones where mommy and daddy 'make' them go. The odds were clearly not in Olivia's favor for completing college..unless mommy and daddy bribed her way along.....jmo.

I don't think anyone thinks youtube is going to be a lifelong career for anyone, not even for Jeffree or Jaclyn.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

Honestly, even if that were her in those pictures....what of it. Is she not supposed to have fun with friends the rest of her life? It's so unrealistic to expect her to be in her room constantly thinking about how she and her parents fucked up, especially at such a young age. For her mental health, she should go out and hang out with people that will take her mind off things.

I feel like people are acting as if they murdered someone with how repentant they should be acting.

soul reaper
Informer
Informer

Post by soul reaper »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:19 pm
idontknowwhoiam wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:04 pm
Honestly, even if that were her in those pictures....what of it. Is she not supposed to have fun with friends the rest of her life? It's so unrealistic to expect her to be in her room constantly thinking about how she and her parents fucked up, especially at such a young age. For her mental health, she should go out and hang out with people that will take her mind off things.

I feel like people are acting as if they murdered someone with how repentant they should be acting.
Nobody is saying she can't ever have fun with her friends again. It's a bad look to be photographed partying right now. So if it were her, yes that would be bad.
Agreed. She definitely shouldn’t be partying it up when her family is under this much fire. That might not be her in the pic, but if she does get caught party-hopping, it’s only going to give the prosecution more of what they want (as if they don’t have enough already).

summerday
Informer
Informer

Post by summerday »

Any suggestions for the new thread title?

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

summerday wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:01 pm
Any suggestions for the new thread title?
Olivia Jade Part 3
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

FashCandyxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FashCandyxx »

The New OJ lol

Post by Guest »

Loved Kim Kardashian’s comments on the admissions scandal.

"If they couldn't get into a school, I would never want to use privilege to try to force them into a situation that they wouldn't thrive in anyway. So that's where I just see that that's not appropriate,"

"I want my kids to be kind. I want them to be as grounded as possible. And to buy your way into something just wouldn't benefit anybody,"

Return to “Olivia Jade”