Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MakeupGeekTV

Post by AWarmPlace »

kathpt wrote:
AWarmPlace wrote:THAT IS PROGRESS.
oh my god.

... how?

Dunno, ask Marlena. She's into the idea of improving herself, obvi.
There is a thin, semantic, line separating weird and beautiful, and that line is covered in jellyfish.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Sorry. I just had to get a close up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

SCR0623
Informer
Informer

Post by SCR0623 »

The last thing Marlena should be doing is comparing herself to other beauty gurus. Marlena, doesn't even film or edit her own videos. How much lazier could she be? Other gurus don't have a whole entire staff devoted to them, there's nothing wrong with filming in your bedroom. You gotta start somewhere right? This old hag doesn't even have any friends, they are all her staff of course getting paid to put up with her. Marlena, is fake inside and outside.

2012myusername

Post by 2012myusername »

Didn't watch the cat eye video, but LAWL at the screenshots. Looks like she turned a lovely almond shape eye into some droopy eyes, its like it drags the brow bone down and O_O oh my. I really feel sorry for all the girls out there who look up to this "woman" when first starting makeup, they're going to make some epic mistakes.

Elena
Debater
Debater

Post by Elena »

Cooneye................hahahahahahaha thank you for making my afternoon!! :D :D :D

gossip_girl
Informer
Informer

Post by gossip_girl »

Is there a YT headquarters in Sacramento? it's the knock off LA Marlena talks about being there and Michigan. Smosh have a home, Kalel lived their as did: Bella Mishella, Dtrix, Andrea & Brittney Choice, Fun for Louis went, Tree Ma & her sister, Uriah Faber, Bria Murphy and a few more. I ask because Marlena doesn't seem to get out much or meet with other people. I get she has a job and a life, but part of marketing isn't simply sending out your products, but actually meet people collab or if you have a headquarter why no meet ups or ribbon cuttings? She doesn't seem to engage socially in real time, online she's active, but what is she the CEO of? They film & edit videos for her, send out products, but is it really a store, where you can go shop, swatch, or just an e business? Curious...

TheBadBeginning
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBadBeginning »

^ I live in Sacramento and I have absolutely no idea. It's funny that I've never seen her before (not that Sac is a small town, but still it's weird to know these "famous" people are living in the same area as me). I did see Smosh once though. They were cool.

SCR0623
Informer
Informer

Post by SCR0623 »

LOL you never see Marlena, cause she's too busy posing in front of the mirror trying to hide her fat thighs.

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer

Post by EveryJuan »

Did you guys see Marlenas new video addressing the botox rumours?

SugarFix
Talker
Talker

Post by SugarFix »

I have no idea why she kept going on about how she didn't want me to think she's vain... I think the complete opposite. She is terribly insecure. It's really sad actually.

L1Z
Informer
Informer

Post by L1Z »

like i said, i knew she'd be coming out with another "explanation" video sooner or later. they just make me feel sad watching them because i feel like she is trying to justify all these things to herself, not her subscribers.

Buttonspally
Debater
Debater

Post by Buttonspally »

I was happy she did this video, as I previously commented I would respect her alot more if she just owned the fact she got work done which she has done. I have to agree she has a point when she said if she is discloses what she has had done people call her vain and if she doesnt people will say she is being sneaky etc. Sometimes honesty is the best policy and i think in future she should just be honest if she tries something, the camera doesnt lie and its not like she can hide any work done

nooname
Debater
Debater

Post by nooname »

It's sad she entered in this Botox spiral. She won't ever come out of it and am afraid in the future she'll even get more serious procedures. I might be wrong as I don't know her personally but I consider her rather vain. I reckon that the weightloss journey was pushed on by her own vanity, more than health reasons but I commend her for that - she has achieved something really impressive in shedding all that weight.

Lipstick
Talker
Talker

Post by Lipstick »

It's Lip injections (which are fillers), not Botox (though she said she used to get it done a while ago) - that's quite diff - Botox paralyzes the muscles, fillers just fill the area (hence some people with balloon like lips if they go too large).. I'm surprised she came out about it & her under eye fillers.. I don't really lame her for the undereye bit.. but the lips were super noticable.. At least its not as bad as other gurus and their nosejobs.. Oh well - I guess its their deal..

vgy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by vgy »

It's sad that she thinks she needs that, but that's what one gets when one is called pretty but fat al the time. She wants/wanted to keep the "pretty" while removing the "fat". Those face adjustments don't go well with that post she wrote on her site, "My Life Mission: Making Women Feel Beautiful", where she tells us she wants to "uplift women". I wonder how long it will take until that uplift becomes facelift. People like her should print all the articles from beauty redefined site and retreat deep in the mountains to study them, away from mass media stimuli.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

Wow...

So you guys were right. I HONESTLY didn't notice a change in her face. I would have been totally fooled.

Sigh.

I'm not saying I dislike Marlena now... but... I really didn't believe it.

Maybe she actually did get the lapband... the stomach problems would make sense at that point.

It sucks that she wasn't honest about it all along, just because beauty/etc. is her job... why not share that??

In the video she says she looked sickly and tired in the eyes because of her weightloss, etc... I never ever noticed that. I think these women getting these procedures are totally gonna regret it, especially the ones younger than Marlena. There's nothing wrong with them... they're making problems where there are none.

Regardless... I hope Marlena gets well soon. I don't wish illness on anyone. I hate it when people are sick and don't know why... it's sad.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Buttonspally wrote:I was happy she did this video, as I previously commented I would respect her alot more if she just owned the fact she got work done which she has done. I have to agree she has a point when she said if she is discloses what she has had done people call her vain and if she doesnt people will say she is being sneaky etc. Sometimes honesty is the best policy and i think in future she should just be honest if she tries something, the camera doesnt lie and its not like she can hide any work done
I haven't watched the video yet, but I don't know how she thinks she is going to get around being called vain. Isn't that why people get Botox? Because they don't like how they look, therefore it is a vain thing to do. I mean that's OK, she can be as vain as she wants, just be honest about.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

Fuchsiarama wrote: I haven't watched the video yet, but I don't know how she thinks she is going to get around being called vain. Isn't that why people get Botox? Because they don't like how they look, therefore it is a vain thing to do. I mean that's OK, she can be as vain as she wants, just be honest about.
THANK YOU.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

Haven't watched the vid yet, but WOW surprised she came out about it. You know she only did it for sympathy though, if she's saying that the weightloss made her look tired so she got botox and fillers? What now we're supposed to feeel sorry for her because she lost weight? This woman is a hot mess. Look at how many lies she told denying everything. I really believe her weightloss was lapband and she lied about that too, she denied that every chance she got.

She only came out about this because she got caught in her lies. That's the irritating part, she would've never been honest in the first place. I think the most laughable thing about her is this preaching of how every woman should feel beautiful, don't fall in to stereotypes, all this garbage that she spouts while she's been doing nothing the opposite. She should seriously consider another line of work, she's a complete laughingstock now.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

I watched it to be honest, that lady is sadly deluded. She mentioned that she is kind to her followers, etc. and her instagram shit belies this sentiment. I knew I saw insertion points in her lips in one of her videos. She is still a liar in my eyes. Considering if I did that in my job i'd get sacked, I hope this is the start of her turning over a more honest leaf. Regardless, I still maintain that she should go behind the scenes and get some twenty something MUA to promote her brand. One that is hired for skill, not for putting her whole life out for dissection.
:love2: :love2:

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”