Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 19

Post by pyroclitoral »

gangstamay_ wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 am
Remember in Shane's 'confronting my first love' video with Blair and she said she hoped Shane wasn't just using their reconnection for a video and that they'd actually become friends again and hang out? Yeah how long did that last for, a week? Shane pretty much used her for content and dipped, like he did with all his 'friends'.
Wow. Is Shane even capable of love?

I know people are gonna say he's just depressed but it seems more like, oh I don't know, covert narcissism to me.

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

roseau wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:19 am
Shane's definitely a user. I remember in a vid, I think it was a spooky boys one, when someone suggested doing prank calls and Shane was like ew no, bc after the person finds out it's a prank they always say they should catch up some time, which Shane doesn't want. I've known people like Shane- people who, when they need you, suddenly call you up and tell you you're the closest frienf they have ever had, and then they drop you the second they stop fighting with their s.o. Ryland probably enables his user behaviour, too. Remember in the lie detector test when Ryland gave weird answers? Like when Shane asked if he would ever cheat on him, and Ryland was like "how could that benefit me"? He probably helps Shane apply that emotion-devoid user behaviour to his irl relationships. It makes me sad thinking about how Garret was brought along in so many vids to play the part of the goofy, overenthusiastic one, just to be dropped. I hope he's alright.
I saw a couple people saying that Garrett was the one trying to move on from Shane rather than the other way around, and due to Shane's history of using people I believe it's Shane who is distancing himself. Or do you think they both had a falling out??

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

Looks like Drew is poking fun at the cat scandal in the most shady way ever LOL. Drew really ain't sucking Shane's dick like the rest of twitter. Sour.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 am
I’ll be interested to see how his friendship with Jeffree turns out. Shane is the dominant person in all his other friendships which suits him but I don’t think he can do that with Jeffree. It’s quite sad seeing him push away friends who actually care about him for ones he can use for his own gain and then drop. If there’s ever a fall out with Jeffee it’ll be so messy.
Right? I can't even predict how the friendship will inevitably end because it could go off in so many different directions. Their dynamic is interesting in that they both get to feel his savior-complex oats- Shane "saved" Jeffree's image; Jeffree dumps a bunch of gifts and business partnerships on Shane.
Have we ever gotten a clear story on how Jeffree's friendships have ended? He always says they backstabbed him in some way, and they tend to send out subliminals but stay quiet for the most part. For Shane, it seems like he just loses interest in them when a new shiny friend group becomes accessible. I can't imagine Shane having the inner cattiness to do anything that offended Jeffree (I think he'd be too scared), but I can see them drifting apart after the excitement surrounding their friendship wears off. There is nothing deep tying them together.

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

pyroclitoral wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:17 am
roseau wrote:
Shane's definitely a user. I remember in a vid, I think it was a spooky boys one, when someone suggested doing prank calls and Shane was like ew no, bc after the person finds out it's a prank they always say they should catch up some time, which Shane doesn't want. I've known people like Shane- people who, when they need you, suddenly call you up and tell you you're the closest frienf they have ever had, and then they drop you the second they stop fighting with their s.o. Ryland probably enables his user behaviour, too. Remember in the lie detector test when Ryland gave weird answers? Like when Shane asked if he would ever cheat on him, and Ryland was like "how could that benefit me"? He probably helps Shane apply that emotion-devoid user behaviour to his irl relationships. It makes me sad thinking about how Garret was brought along in so many vids to play the part of the goofy, overenthusiastic one, just to be dropped. I hope he's alright.
I saw a couple people saying that Garrett was the one trying to move on from Shane rather than the other way around, and due to Shane's history of using people I believe it's Shane who is distancing himself. Or do you think they both had a falling out??
I don't know but I remember during the spooky boys days, I felt a strong tension between Shane and Garrett. Like Garrett's quirkiness and more innocent jokes were annoying Shane in an eye-rolling type of way. It was a very uncomfortable dynamic and I think maybe Shane feels better off with yes-man Andrew that's always laughing at his jokes. I remember someone saying the CONSTANT self-deprecating humor could have taken a toll on Garrett, prompting him to distance himself and I agree, that can't be healthy. I feel like they don't really mix well.

Didn't they make a video a long time ago where they bought a studio type place they wanted to call 'superlike' because shane superliked garrett on bumble or something and make plenty of videos together? What became of that?

leytivia
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by leytivia »

I know for me I was a fan of shane as an adult because there was some sort of nostalgia factor, like he was one of the youtubers still around from when I was younger. I think that might be the case for a lot of people in my age group. The weird thing is there was definitely a good 5 years when i didn't watch him because I thought he was problematic and then got back into his videos as I got older, apparently I lost my better judgement along the way 😂 i know better now though

murpl225
Learner
Learner

Post by murpl225 »

never_mind wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 am
I think it's pretty telling that Shane also doesn't seem to have any friends outside of the Youtube sphere. Everyone that Shane has ever introduced as a friend already had an audience of their own (Joey Graceffa, Brittani Louise Taylor, Gabbie Hanna, Tana Mongeau, Trisha Paytas, etc.), or had a funny personality that could be exploited for views (Garrett, Morgan, Drew). However, you don't see him hanging out with most of these "friends" anymore. Now that he has moved on to Jeffree all of his other friendships suddenly don't seem to matter. It feels like his friendships are more like collaboration contracts that expire as soon as it's not beneficial for him anymore. He started a series about reconnecting with people from his past and quit after the videos with Blair and his father (which I doubt were truly that successful)... guess it wasn't so important to him after all.
Yeah the more I think about it, it’s crazy how he really hasn’t held onto a SINGLE friend he’s had. At least not to the point where they still see each other regularly.

Even in his video about the murderer in his high school, he revisits one of his best friends from high school and then never mentions her again. He used to show off lots of people in his old videos eg Kate, Steve, Shauna, and tons more that just disappeared.

I remember in Shane’s last podcast with his manager Lauren he mentioned something about how he wouldn’t see her again even tho she insisted they would, because he pushes people away.

I can’t tell if he disposes of people when he’s “over” them, or if he truly just has a problem staying close to anyone. Most of my friends have been in my life for years and years, I can’t imagine not having even one friendship that’s standed the test of time.

I know he has Drew, but are they still even close?

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 am
If there’s ever a fall out with Jeffee it’ll be so messy.
Possibly 8/10 tea, would sip.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

pyroclitoral wrote:Literal sociopath.
For real. None of his emotions have EVER seemed genuine to me.
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Lydia Deetz wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:41 pm
The whole I'm just SO FASCINATED by sociopaths thing was very he who smelt it dealt it.

Anyone who goes around calling themselves "an empath" is probably a manipulative monster anyway.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

Hippo wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:01 pm
Lydia Deetz wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:41 pm
The whole I'm just SO FASCINATED by sociopaths thing was very he who smelt it dealt it.

Anyone who goes around calling themselves "an empath" is probably a manipulative monster anyway.
Very self proclaimed empath, always has to announce it for some reason. This has only been recent and it's just pandering to his new audience.

DramaticBateman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by DramaticBateman »

On the first of the two conspiracy videos, there’s this part where he smiles and says something like, “It’s really good to be back you guys.” I swear it sent a chill up my spine because I feel like he looks completely dead behind that fake smile.

fruityqueen
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fruityqueen »

CocoaPrincess wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:42 am
pyroclitoral wrote:
roseau wrote:
I don't know but I remember during the spooky boys days, I felt a strong tension between Shane and Garrett. Like Garrett's quirkiness and more innocent jokes were annoying Shane in an eye-rolling type of way. It was a very uncomfortable dynamic and I think maybe Shane feels better off with yes-man Andrew that's always laughing at his jokes. I remember someone saying the CONSTANT self-deprecating humor could have taken a toll on Garrett, prompting him to distance himself and I agree, that can't be healthy. I feel like they don't really mix well.

Didn't they make a video a long time ago where they bought a studio type place they wanted to call 'superlike' because shane superliked garrett on bumble or something and make plenty of videos together? What became of that?
I think there definitely is - or at least was - some kind of tension between Shane and Garrett. Maybe less so now, but in the vids they were making 1 - 2 years ago it was there. Maybe its something to do with how their relationship didn't take off. I get the sense he gets hung up on things. That video he made a while back where he revisited his old crush was pretty telling. He seemed really hung up over something that happened so long ago.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

fruityqueen wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:47 pm
CocoaPrincess wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:42 am
pyroclitoral wrote:
roseau wrote:

I think there definitely is - or at least was - some kind of tension between Shane and Garrett. Maybe less so now, but in the vids they were making 1 - 2 years ago it was there. Maybe its something to do with how their relationship didn't take off. I get the sense he gets hung up on things. That video he made a while back where he revisited his old crush was pretty telling. He seemed really hung up over something that happened so long ago.
I always felt that Shane was seriously salty over being rejected by Garrett considering how much he'd bring up that they "dated" and were "exes." If you go on more than two dates with someone who refuses to even kiss you - you were *never* together at any point.

Post by Guest »

Hmm... I think they did kiss a couple of times and slept in the same bed, but beyond that neither of them were feeling it. It always seemed more Garrett who shut things down rather than Shane though if I remember rightly? There was also that whole shipping thing between J* and Garrett that got a little out of hand. I do think that J* genuinely has/had a little crush on Garrett and it makes me wonder how Shane felt about all that. I always though Shane had a bit of a thing for Jeffree — 'I've never seen your penis...' — awkward... God this sounds like some kind of trashy college drama, not the actions of grown adults in their thirties.

bagelslut
Informer
Informer

Post by bagelslut »

poshspice88 wrote: I’ve never been a Shane fan, but I took a strong disliking to him after he adopted Honey. He un-named the dog for months and has been pretty ambivalent towards her since she came to live with them. Now the rumors about him with the cat...he shouldn’t own ANY pets. He’s scum.
Dude I'm so glad someone mentioned Honey. It made me mad that they adopted this dog and didn't bother naming it for months. & Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but I also feel like neither Shane or Ryland really like Honey. The fact that Cheeto is the favorite animal is obvious, but Uno is definitely second. It seems like they barely interact with/acknowledge the existence of Honey... she's just there. It makes me sad for her.
I also always sort of wondered if both dogs are getting the attention/exercise that they need. I can't imagine Shane or Ryland taking them on walks often. I also doubt they even play with the dogs in that big yard of theirs- probably just lets them outside to poop and lay in the sun.
Image ^^ for those who ask- video name is "my trip to the gynecologist" :love2: ^^

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

I always though Shane had a bit of a thing for Jeffree
Me too! There is something about the way Shane looks at Jeffree. I think there is a big-time crush there.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by peachiez »

^ Huskies can be extra difficult dogs to take care of. (I grew up with huskies) I fully well know Shane and Ryland's personalities are no where the type that a husky owner needs. These dogs are often times energetic, requiring quite a bit of exercise. They're sassy and are too smart for their own good. Not only that but the SHEDDING. I cant see Shane or Ryland taking in the effort to brush Honey. I also don't imagine them being bffs with a vacuum which you pretty much become if you have a husky. Their fur gets everywhere.

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

And Uno is already an energetic dog. They're both big dogs that need a lot of exercise and i don't see either one of them being responsible enough to properly exercise them.

Return to “Shane Dawson”