Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 19

Post by murpl225 »

pyroclitoral wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:19 pm
lurkermclurkerson wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 am
Has Lisa made any comment on the engagement?

In some of her videos about dealing with depression and her life, she has been very candid that Shane will always be like family to her, but the tone and mood definitely suggested that it was a one way street. It seems like Shane uses up the people in his life that truly care about him and then moves on to his new friends, those people that seriously just hang on to him for his fame and money.
Yeah, seriously, he wants to talk about Jake Paul being a sociopath who just uses people then throws them away when he does the same thing. He used to (and still does though not to the same extent as he used to) latch onto creators, befriend them, act like he was their best friend or their #1 fan, and then once it boosted his career and he no longer needed them, he would just drop them cold. And these people still talk about Shane like he was an old friend of theirs that they desperately want to hang out with again, but does Shane seriously care?

I mean, I don't know his life. Maybe he still hangs out with some of these people. But remember Trisha? Those two were literally BEST FRIENDS. But then come to find out, in his recent-ish series with her, Trisha said she was just sad because they barely even hang out anymore. :/
I thought it was so sad in the series he did with Trisha when she kept saying “we need to hang out more! I wanna see you more often” and Shane was like haha yeah...so anyway!

Moffie
Debater
Debater

Post by Moffie »

NingBing wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:24 am
If he truly is into make up, maybe he should start with some more simple looks. It’s hard to get eyeshadow like that to look nice when you have no experience. Try a smokey eye, or a ”nude” look instead of jumping straight into heavy, colourful eye makeup.

And being ”bffs” with Jeffree, I feel like he should be better, like why isn’t Jeffree teaching him good techniques and whatever? (And how is Jeffree handling the cat scandal? Has he said anything about it? Is he gonna cancel their palette so the cat fucking wont affect his brand?)
Knowing Jeffree’s style, they’ll probably name one of the shades “Cat Effer” or “Cheeto Dust” just to capitalize it.

Poniesftw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Poniesftw »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:

In some of her videos about dealing with depression and her life, she has been very candid that Shane will always be like family to her, but the tone and mood definitely suggested that it was a one way street. It seems like Shane uses up the people in his life that truly care about him and then moves on to his new friends, those people that seriously just hang on to him for his fame and money.
Lisa is doing just fine, I think it did take her awhile to get over Shane but its clear they are all friends now. Last I remember seeing her on Shane's channel was when they were jokingly asking her to be a surrogate. Shane helped promote her new book a few months ago through a tweet. He also mentioned her in Ryland's 1 star hotel video, revealing more disturbing details about their old sex life. She flaunts her boyfriend on her channel pretty frequently these days as they do live together, they are very cute but he gives me gay vibes as well ?
We are all simply fans that can see through your bullsh*t.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

pyroclitoral wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:19 pm
lurkermclurkerson wrote:

Yeah, seriously, he wants to talk about Jake Paul being a sociopath who just uses people then throws them away when he does the same thing. He used to (and still does though not to the same extent as he used to) latch onto creators, befriend them, act like he was their best friend or their #1 fan, and then once it boosted his career and he no longer needed them, he would just drop them cold. And these people still talk about Shane like he was an old friend of theirs that they desperately want to hang out with again, but does Shane seriously care?

I mean, I don't know his life. Maybe he still hangs out with some of these people. But remember Trisha? Those two were literally BEST FRIENDS. But then come to find out, in his recent-ish series with her, Trisha said she was just sad because they barely even hang out anymore. :/
I personally don't think that Shane has real friends. He definitely uses people, and he definitely likes finding people of lesser intelligence. Sure, he helps them. Trisha in general wouldn't have her "fame" if it weren't for Shane, however he literally treated her like a minion around him. If he held food out she was expected to beg. It also didn't help in her case that she clearly had a huge crush on him. Considering Shane is a sex addict, I do think at one point or another he made a vert stupid mistake of giving that whale what she wanted and she became to clingy for what he was actually looking for.

Really, when was the last time we saw him with anyone he used to hang around? He probably hadn't spoken with Brittini Louise Taylor in 8 years until she had something he could exploit.

I honestly feel like he didn't deserve Lisa. While, I believe they were indeed taking time apart I do believe that they were still "together" when he came out and that she wasn't fully aware of his sexuality. Her initial reaction made it appear that she was completely shocked by everything. His crazy fan base of 12 year olds wouldn't have allowed her to be mad and she also loved him way to much for her to actually go off on him.

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

obviously people do move on and can lose contact , but you kinda see it now with Garrett. (and in some ways Drew but I know Drew has had his own issues). Each sort of new "generation" of Shane he finds new friends that are popular and that he can exploit in some way. Also look at him with J* they'll act like best friends but you don't see them interact with each other unless online to hype each other up or when they've been filming. He seems to only interact with Andrew, Ryland and sometimes Morgan.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

I'm curious to know what Garrett actually does. Surely he doesn't make enough on YouTube to not have a regular job.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

monak wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 pm
I'm curious to know what Garrett actually does. Surely he doesn't make enough on YouTube to not have a regular job.
Someone said before that he was on Shane's payroll with background work (I think like helping with the merch store and what not). I wish I could be definitive on it but I don't remember clearly :( it would make sense though, it would ruin the illusion of friendship if they made it public that Garrett was being paid by Shane

Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 19

Post by Guest »

I don’t really watch any Shane/Ryland/Morgan content anymore because it’s so boring and hard to watch. Is Garrett really out of the picture? I thought I saw him in a thumbnail for one of Ryland’s recent videos? Did they have a falling out or something? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I’m curious why people think they aren’t friends anymore. Garrett defended him in the cat fucking thing so I feel like there’s something still there.
But then again, I don’t keep up closely and could be off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

propaganda 1984
Learner
Learner

Post by propaganda 1984 »

i'm new here, but i want to post to say how disgusting this man is. he is very problematic, and he can't keep a promise. i used to support him, i can't believe that i did.

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

Elah_ww wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:57 pm
I don’t really watch any Shane/Ryland/Morgan content anymore because it’s so boring and hard to watch. Is Garrett really out of the picture? I thought I saw him in a thumbnail for one of Ryland’s recent videos? Did they have a falling out or something? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I’m curious why people think they aren’t friends anymore. Garrett defended him in the cat fucking thing so I feel like there’s something still there.
But then again, I don’t keep up closely and could be off.

Garrett was in both Rylands Worst Hotel video and Morgans painting video which was filmed on the same day but it was obvious that he hadn't seen any of them in ages. He even said "Why am I in this house?" and thought that Morgan was asking him over to paint as friends, not for a video. They both just used him for views which worked out well for them because both videos would have been pretty lacklustre without him. As for Shane, I don't really know what's going on there but I agree with the other poster that said he picks up and drops friends when someone new and more beneficial comes along. Shane is on his Jeffree phase now which I really don't think is going to work out well for either of them given Jeffree's past record with friends. Garrett actually seems like he really cares about Shane and could probably talk some sense into him but for whatever reason, he's being phased out.

As for money, I think Garrett is fine even though he hasn't posted a video in ages (he did say in his insta he was filming but...) because he likes the simple things in life unlike the rest and doesn't have many outgoings. His tweet about the cat thing made me sad because it was obviously orchestrated by Shane but when was the last time Shane even mentioned him? When Garrett posted about his uncle Shane didn't even like the post and was too busy with Jeffree - I get that they probably spoke in private but Shane went out of his way to tweet about Morgan and her silly friend drama, always shouts out Andrew and Jeffree and Garrett just gets left. Garrett should just stick with Andrew, who hes actually best friends with, and pray that Shane doesnt suck the life out of Andrew and ruin that friendship as well.

roseau
Talker
Talker

Post by roseau »

Shane's definitely a user. I remember in a vid, I think it was a spooky boys one, when someone suggested doing prank calls and Shane was like ew no, bc after the person finds out it's a prank they always say they should catch up some time, which Shane doesn't want. I've known people like Shane- people who, when they need you, suddenly call you up and tell you you're the closest frienf they have ever had, and then they drop you the second they stop fighting with their s.o. Ryland probably enables his user behaviour, too. Remember in the lie detector test when Ryland gave weird answers? Like when Shane asked if he would ever cheat on him, and Ryland was like "how could that benefit me"? He probably helps Shane apply that emotion-devoid user behaviour to his irl relationships. It makes me sad thinking about how Garret was brought along in so many vids to play the part of the goofy, overenthusiastic one, just to be dropped. I hope he's alright.

gangstamay_
Learner
Learner

Post by gangstamay_ »

Remember in Shane's 'confronting my first love' video with Blair and she said she hoped Shane wasn't just using their reconnection for a video and that they'd actually become friends again and hang out? Yeah how long did that last for, a week? Shane pretty much used her for content and dipped, like he did with all his 'friends'.

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

Did you guys see the Emilia Fart video with Shane Trisha & Ryland?
Any thoughts?

thisguy1355
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thisguy1355 »

cherry_pie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:27 pm
I think Shane has a very, very unhealthy mindset when it comes to anything regarding sex. Not to try to diagnose him, but I would assume that stems from the sexual abuse he endured as a child. As a sexual assault survivor myself, I honestly feel for him in that regard.

That being said, as a rich, 30 year old man, it would be so easy for him to get help with those thoughts. He has unlimited resources to get therapy, medication, etc., yet he's never mentioned getting help for it. It's obviously something that was on his mind enough to make those disgusting "jokes" years ago, and I would assume it still is. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he has gotten help. I would hope he has, seeing as he has a long term partner now.

There's only so much you can blame on edgy humor or even trauma, though. He said some seriously depraved things and that's quite worrisome. I hope he realized how disgusting that was and nipped it in the bud. Not to sound like a bitch, but he retweeted his mom's tweet that said "can't wait for grandkids!" and the thought of Shane being around a child really, really worries me
Could you imagine the inappropriate things he would say and do raising a child? Every video of his I've seen where he has a child around makes me want to slap the parents.
Sex jokes, disgusting language, inappropriate topics... There's no way in hell I would let him around children.
I second the idea that Shane becoming a dad is a scary thought.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Garrett said on Reddit (not to YT viewers, just in a random thread) that he used to edit professionally. I guess he could be doing that on the side again, but honestly I think he probably does fine despite the fact he barely uploads. He always has sponsors when he does make videos and when you combine that, YT money, whatever he gets from Shane, and the fact that he rents a small house in a cheaper neighborhood. It's not like he seems to engage in any big purchases like most YT people, besides the fact he travels pretty often.

never_mind
Learner
Learner

Post by never_mind »

I think it's pretty telling that Shane also doesn't seem to have any friends outside of the Youtube sphere. Everyone that Shane has ever introduced as a friend already had an audience of their own (Joey Graceffa, Brittani Louise Taylor, Gabbie Hanna, Tana Mongeau, Trisha Paytas, etc.), or had a funny personality that could be exploited for views (Garrett, Morgan, Drew). However, you don't see him hanging out with most of these "friends" anymore. Now that he has moved on to Jeffree all of his other friendships suddenly don't seem to matter. It feels like his friendships are more like collaboration contracts that expire as soon as it's not beneficial for him anymore. He started a series about reconnecting with people from his past and quit after the videos with Blair and his father (which I doubt were truly that successful)... guess it wasn't so important to him after all.

roseau
Talker
Talker

Post by roseau »

Daily_Tea wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:06 am
This is a bit inappropriate but what do you think of Shane's body? I mean he hid it really well for almost a decade but now in several videos one can see it. He has small legs and arms and even smaller hands. Plus a huge head.
He was getting slimmer some 5 years ago but now he is getting quite fat again. And based on his diet - what he shows on social media he is only getting worse.
It's interesting to see how he ends up since he already is a disaster what comes to his physical being. Every time there is a glimpse of him walking it looks awkward, like he can't use his legs...
Being comfortable with his body is something I wouldn't deny Shane. I still think he's not entirely comfortable with it, hence the awkward walking and posing, but when it comes to his weight you have to keep in mind the fact that when he was slimmer, he was barely eating. Idk, I hope he's not slipping back into old habits, but it's a damn shame that neither him nor Ryland can cook.

Post by Guest »

I’ve never been a Shane fan, but I took a strong disliking to him after he adopted Honey. He un-named the dog for months and has been pretty ambivalent towards her since she came to live with them. Now the rumors about him with the cat...he shouldn’t own ANY pets. He’s scum.

NingBing
Talker
Talker

Post by NingBing »

ivegotalotoffeelings wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:59 am
NingBing wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:15 am
ivegotalotoffeelings wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:50 am
What pisses me off about Shane is his over and over insistence that he's editing/not sleeping just solely editing and the posts pictures/videos on Instagram playing with slime or watching youtubers videos.. doing anything but edit. Has anyone else noticed this? I signed up so I can bitch about him. Hi everyone.
I know right? He’s always ”editing” and i’m not buying it lol. What is he even editing?

Lol welcome to GG! I signed up recently too so i could bitch about him. Everyone I knew was/is like ”omg shane is so amazing QUEEN”, so I’m glad there’s a space where we can bitch about him without any stans yelling
Believe me when I say this I was a huge SD fan up until recently. The stans on twitter are so annoying. The constant "take breaks, take care of yourself" bullshit is too much now he literally takes 6 months breaks in between everything he does, It's beyond a joke tbf + Now with him & Ryland engaged he'll be like "OmG gUyS ThE sErIeS iS gOiNg To Be DeLaYeD uNtIl 2o23 bEcAuSe Im So BuSy PlAnNiNg My wEdDiNG hOpE YoU uNdErStAnD.
I wouldn’t say I was ever a fan, but back in his early days i loved his stupid videos 🙄 i started watching him again around the time when he started doing conspiracy videos and i was a kind of fan i guess, all the way until TanaCon happened. That’s when I found GG and when i started realising how shit he is lol. Lurked here ever since then, until i just had to make an account lol.

Ohhh jeez, I hadn’t even thought of that. He’s gonna be sooooooo busy planning his wedding and all the stans are gonna be like “we’re so happy for you take all the time you need queen UwU”. Sigh.
Can’t wait for all the stupid jokes he’s gonna make about it too, like “MAYBE A PIG SHOULD BE THE RING BEARER HAHAHA MEEE” :roll:
Constantly Confused
:love2:
[english is not my first language]

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

I’ll be interested to see how his friendship with Jeffree turns out. Shane is the dominant person in all his other friendships which suits him but I don’t think he can do that with Jeffree. It’s quite sad seeing him push away friends who actually care about him for ones he can use for his own gain and then drop. If there’s ever a fall out with Jeffee it’ll be so messy.

Return to “Shane Dawson”