Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dr. Dray - Part 2

Post by Coco Lux »

Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:
Iceball wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 am
Please remember English isn't my first language, I might not express me correctly but I hope you understand me anyway Image,
Your English, especially colloquialisms, parsing, abbreviations, and slang, is absolutely smooth and perfect except for a few inserted cute errors.
It almost sounds too good. Like ... Andrea with a fake Scandinavian accent! [cue dramatic music]

The recent re-emergence of Lily-the-65-year-old-from-New-York bombed so quickly, thanks to the person who posted the Lily recap. It was stated a few times that Andrea has a particular way of speaking that is easy to spot. Perhaps a 36 year old living in Scandinavia could be an attempt at a new fake persona, with a liiiiiittle more effort put in.

Maybe not. But maybe so. Im not being unkind, but to me much of the speech patterns are still there underneath. Plus the particular sympathies you expressed for her...surprisingly on brand for the image she wants to sell to her audience. So as far as I am concerned...

Hi Andrea! :mock:
I thought the same :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babyjustice
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babyjustice »

Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:48 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:58 pm
Oh how I wish I could hear what her old colleagues or former classmates think of her shitshow YT channel. The rose oil, her ridiculous flailing pretending to play with Tybee, constantly mentioning QVC, her best friend totoro, the mushroom elixirs, all the brand naming, swim suit “modeling”, it’s too much. I can’t watch her anymore than like 1 min. She is too annoying now. Grow t f up Andrea. You’re 36 yrs old.
I know, right?! Where are the med school classmates? The high and middle school classmates? The pre-med university classmates? The famous ballerinas from her oft-mentioned ballet years ... or the other people in that one ballet class she took one time? The co-workers? Any of the neighbors that she surely started feuds with ...I'm guessing because she seems to snark about the low standards of any people who are in close vicinity. The other students on the same residency with her? Even younger med students who had to shadow her?! Where are these people!?!?

I'd love to hear from them!!!!! :love2:
It must have been a seriously awkward visit that time she met her friends in TX who were on a break from either Doctors Without Borders or the Peace Corps. She wasn't as heavily into youtube and wasn't a sponsored bobblehead yet, but it must be really strange to work in places with a great deal of disease and medical need and a lack of food, only to come to the US and find your fellow doctor friend vlogging their bank & grocery store trips and only willing to eat about 10 foods. I know anyone doing that type of work abroad could make anyone look less noble in comparison, but I don't mean it in that sense. It must just be weird as hell to see people hungry on a daily basis and then someone else trying their hardest to be hungry at all times. I'm sure they'd have compassion for a friend and ED sufferer, but that's just a mess of a situation.

I do think any type of volunteer work would be really good for Andrea. Just taking her focus off of herself for a few hours, and either working with kids or animals, or volunteering at a clinic might help her to get connected to people with other struggles and might break up the compulsive loop she's running on.
I just don't want the amount of stuff in my house to keep growing so fast. I want space more than I want stuff. i want more space than stuff. ~ HLP 2019

Clockitdahouse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Clockitdahouse »

Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:
Sprinkles1 wrote:
Oh how I wish I could hear what her old colleagues or former classmates think of her shitshow YT channel. The rose oil, her ridiculous flailing pretending to play with Tybee, constantly mentioning QVC, her best friend totoro, the mushroom elixirs, all the brand naming, swim suit “modeling”, it’s too much. I can’t watch her anymore than like 1 min. She is too annoying now. Grow t f up Andrea. You’re 36 yrs old.
I know, right?! Where are the med school classmates? The high and middle school classmates? The pre-med university classmates? The famous ballerinas from her oft-mentioned ballet years ... or the other people in that one ballet class she took one time? The co-workers? Any of the neighbors that she surely started feuds with ...I'm guessing because she seems to snark about the low standards of any people who are in close vicinity. The other students on the same residency with her? Even younger med students who had to shadow her?! Where are these people!?!?

Does anyone know why she moved to houston? She completed her residency in nyc, which would imply that she was in a very competative med program.. these credentials would give her the opportunity to work potentially anywhere.. also during residency you make a lot of professional connections, i wonder why she couldnt leverage an opportunity to find work closer to where she went to school..
On a side note, i do wonder about drs i see on tv, for example doing a daily segment on the local news talking about preventative care and symptom recognition.. all that schooling and they do blurbs on tv abt not eating french fries.. perhaps less stress, more money?? Its possible these ppl still practice, but there is something to be said abt reduced stress and working conditions, i could see why someone would take that route

Iceball
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Iceball »

Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:39 am
Iceball wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 am
Please remember English isn't my first language, I might not express me correctly but I hope you understand me anyway 😋,
Your English, especially colloquialisms, parsing, abbreviations, and slang, is absolutely smooth and perfect except for a few inserted cute errors.
It almost sounds too good. Like ... Andrea with a fake Scandinavian accent! [cue dramatic music]

The recent re-emergence of Lily-the-65-year-old-from-New-York bombed so quickly, thanks to the person who posted the Lily recap. It was stated a few times that Andrea has a particular way of speaking that is easy to spot. Perhaps a 36 year old living in Scandinavia could be an attempt at a new fake persona, with a liiiiiittle more effort put in.

Maybe not. But maybe so. Im not being unkind, but to me much of the speech patterns are still there underneath. Plus the particular sympathies you expressed for her...surprisingly on brand for the image she wants to sell to her audience. So as far as I am concerned...

Hi Andrea! :mock:
Haha, I didn't see that one coming! But thanks I guess, I'm glad my English is that good!
We do have English in school, when I grew up we were taught English from the year we were 11, nowadays they teach English from first grade. So me being able to write in English isn't very strange, even if I know I make some errors, probably because I don't use the language wery much my self, just listening to and reading English on a daily basis.

I'm not going to try to convince you that I am who I say I am, Guess I have to read on and see what you mean about Lily, maybe then I'll understand why you think I'm lying :wink:

givemeabeat1
Informer
Informer

Post by givemeabeat1 »

Clockitdahouse wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 am
Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:
Sprinkles1 wrote:

Does anyone know why she moved to houston? She completed her residency in nyc, which would imply that she was in a very competative med program.. these credentials would give her the opportunity to work potentially anywhere.. also during residency you make a lot of professional connections, i wonder why she couldnt leverage an opportunity to find work closer to where she went to school..
On a side note, i do wonder about drs i see on tv, for example doing a daily segment on the local news talking about preventative care and symptom recognition.. all that schooling and they do blurbs on tv abt not eating french fries.. perhaps less stress, more money?? Its possible these ppl still practice, but there is something to be said abt reduced stress and working conditions, i could see why someone would take that route
Houston, TX is one of the best cities (prestigious) for healthcare/healthcare professionals in the United States, so maybe that's why?

Dr Dray Liar Liar
Informer
Informer

Post by Dr Dray Liar Liar »

I do think it's strange too, and wondered what happened in the residency for some reason. She may have been unable to pass the board exams in NY state, and/or other states she'd lived in before. Especially if she had a bad rep and a hard time getting letters of rec.
She certainly didn't last long in her Houston job, and I had the feeling from her earliest vlogs that she wasn't full time at that point anyway. From saying things like she worked in some clinics some days and a hospital here and there, it gave the impression she had a role in the larger hospital system, filling in around different clinics, but not a permanent contract in a practice.
She said something at one point about her being in Houston because it's the best place to be for doctors, and to me it sounded like one of her rehearsed narratives to cover up a shitty real story with a shiny fake (but plausible) one.

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

No, that isn't a fake story. Houston is one of the top areas in the medical field. It also isn't unusual for a new doctor to be on a rotation covering in different facilities. But, I do think that there is more to her leaving her job than she just wanted to do Youtube.

CatsMeow
Debater
Debater

Post by CatsMeow »

Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:I do think it's strange too, and wondered what happened in the residency for some reason. She may have been unable to pass the board exams in NY state, and/or other states she'd lived in before. Especially if she had a bad rep and a hard time getting letters of rec.
She certainly didn't last long in her Houston job, and I had the feeling from her earliest vlogs that she wasn't full time at that point anyway. From saying things like she worked in some clinics some days and a hospital here and there, it gave the impression she had a role in the larger hospital system, filling in around different clinics, but not a permanent contract in a practice.
She said something at one point about her being in Houston because it's the best place to be for doctors, and to me it sounded like one of her rehearsed narratives to cover up a shitty real story with a shiny fake (but plausible) one.
Except it's true -- Houston is an excellent place to work or research in medicine/healthcare. It sounds more like she completed her residency, had her choice of programs, chose Houston, and screwed that up somehow.

Dr Dray Liar Liar
Informer
Informer

Yetta wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:53 am
No, that isn't a fake story. Houston is one of the top areas in the medical field. It also isn't unusual for a new doctor to be on a rotation covering in different facilities. But, I do think that there is more to her leaving her job than she just wanted to do Youtube.
No, sorry, I didn't mean the part about Houston! The part about her going there *bec* it was great, rather than whatever other backstory there really is.

Apologies to the Houston medical world for inadvertently getting Andrea's diss :) I know it from personal experience, as well as reputation. :respekt: I work with folks at Baylor Med plus Rice, and the whole TMC is huuuumoungous and amazing. Yay Science, Yay Houston, Yay Medicine ...Boo fake-guru Andrea

Dr Dray Liar Liar
Informer
Informer

CatsMeow wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:55 am
Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:I do think it's strange too, and wondered what happened in the residency for some reason. She may have been unable to pass the board exams in NY state, and/or other states she'd lived in before. Especially if she had a bad rep and a hard time getting letters of rec.
Except it's true -- Houston is an excellent place to work or research in medicine/healthcare. It sounds more like she completed her residency, had her choice of programs, chose Houston, and screwed that up somehow.
Agreed, see above :)
If she was in a specific program there, wouldn't it have come up? Or be searchable? I don't know, I'm not sure where the info would be.
I just did a little digging (not obsessed, nope) and she doesn't hold a license for any state currently except Texas. As of 2015, she was board certified in dermatology in Colorado, but not for Texas.
Anybody know if she ever got the boards in Texas since then? Perhaps that's another reason she moved to online work?

MrsLong
Learner
Learner

Post by MrsLong »

The vlog named milk and honey haircut at 3:45 is when she talks about having to clean her room before she could get a doll. Image

Clockitdahouse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Clockitdahouse »

Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:36 am
Yetta wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:53 am
No, sorry, I didn't mean the part about Houston! The part about her going there *bec* it was great, rather than whatever other backstory there really is.

Apologies to the Houston medical world for inadvertently getting Andrea's diss :) I know it from personal experience, as well as reputation. :respekt: I work with folks at Baylor Med plus Rice, and the whole TMC is huuuumoungous and amazing. Yay Science, Yay Houston, Yay Medicine ...Boo fake-guru Andrea
Im not tryn to downplay houston either, but it would seem that it would be easier to make professional connections in the area where one went to school vs across country, unless bridges have been burned.. also dermatology isn’t exactly emergency medicine- meaning the need for more derms is the area isnt the same as the need for more cardiologists in the area.. Imo more and more derms lean towards performing cosmetic procedures over treating pathologic conditions now more than ever which means insurance rembursement is out, drs will charge based on area and nyc is big money with a much larger population, based on this something dorsnt add up...the derm i go to has the PA do the body check and harvest biopsy sites, if it comes back suspicious the derm will remove unless they think its complicated they refer out.. however the derm will see me for cosmetic prcedure$$$$$ so rly all they are good for is prescribing creams and with a good reputation inject fillers/botox.. i wouldnt be surprised if thats her end game.. she could be the next nurse jamie if she plays her cards right 8-)

Blades
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Blades »

Hey guys, been reading Guru for a while but I joined to basically make this post, I know it will get deleted in the comment section. I wanted to tell Andrea that her speech patterns while delivering information in her product reviews and educational type videos have gotten absolutely unbearable. I tried to listen to the one about retinol last night, and the amount of times that she stops, repeats herself, backs up, whatever you want to call it, is so distracting I had to stop. She has always had this type of speech pattern to a degree, but I'm wondering if being tired/nutrient depleted is making it worse and worse. I have not seen this particular topic discussed, but I have not read every post on here. The bottom line is that this kind of abuse to your body is going to affect you. One thing people have been fairly agreeable on is that you give decent info, but now even that is being compromised. Get some help girl, you are starting to sound insane.

Marie28
Talker
Talker

Post by Marie28 »

Blades wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 am
Hey guys, been reading Guru for a while but I joined to basically make this post, I know it will get deleted in the comment section. I wanted to tell Andrea that her speech patterns while delivering information in her product reviews and educational type videos have gotten absolutely unbearable. I tried to listen to the one about retinol last night, and the amount of times that she stops, repeats herself, backs up, whatever you want to call it, is so distracting I had to stop. She has always had this type of speech pattern to a degree, but I'm wondering if being tired/nutrient depleted is making it worse and worse. I have not seen this particular topic discussed, but I have not read every post on here. The bottom line is that this kind of abuse to your body is going to affect you. One thing people have been fairly agreeable on is that you give decent info, but now even that is being compromised. Get some help girl, you are starting to sound insane.

Some have brought this up in the earlier thread. I think that’s another OCD thing she has. She has to repeat the phrase until she gets it right. I’ve noticed it a lot too. I used to think she meant to edit the video with the right phrase, but she keeps them all in. It is kind of distracting, and I agree it’s gotten worse over time.

Blades
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Blades »

Marie28 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 am
Blades wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 am

Some have brought this up in the earlier thread. I think that’s another OCD thing she has. She has to repeat the phrase until she gets it right. I’ve noticed it a lot too. I used to think she meant to edit the video with the right phrase, but she keeps them all in. It is kind of distracting, and I agree it’s gotten worse over time.
Hey Marie, yeah, I used to think it was an editing thing too and then I realized that she actually speaks that way. The perfection thing makes sense. In my experience, whatever qualities we have that may seem "quirky" or mildly annoying are magnified tenfold when we have any issues with our mental health. My skin has really improved since watching Andrea, I'm not gonna lie. I particularly find it helpful to hear her take on some of the trendier products that I might get sucked into spending money on. I don't follow her advice to a T, I'm more than able to filter what works for me, or notice some of the hypocrisy in her more recent reviews. I don't really watch the vlogs so much, I want to hear those product reviews and educational info. It is so frustrating to try to follow what the hell she is saying when she re-states the point constantly. I started counting how often she was doing it in the retinol video and just turned it off, the whole thing was a mess to me. Get yourself together Andrea, you could be really good at this, but it's hard when I recommend you to someone and they go to your channel and can't get past your appearance, you look deathly ill.

Coco Lux
Informer
Informer

Post by Coco Lux »

Blades wrote:Hey guys, been reading Guru for a while but I joined to basically make this post, I know it will get deleted in the comment section. I wanted to tell Andrea that her speech patterns while delivering information in her product reviews and educational type videos have gotten absolutely unbearable. I tried to listen to the one about retinol last night, and the amount of times that she stops, repeats herself, backs up, whatever you want to call it, is so distracting I had to stop. She has always had this type of speech pattern to a degree, but I'm wondering if being tired/nutrient depleted is making it worse and worse. I have not seen this particular topic discussed, but I have not read every post on here. The bottom line is that this kind of abuse to your body is going to affect you. One thing people have been fairly agreeable on is that you give decent info, but now even that is being compromised. Get some help girl, you are starting to sound insane.
You are right, she has been getting worse lately and last nights retinol video was a complete mess. She also contradicted herself several times.
The fact that she seemed unaware at the time is alarming enough but she obviously didn’t pick up on it as she was editing the video either. Or maybe she did and she doesn’t care who knows Image

4 fraud detection
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 4 fraud detection »

givemeabeat1 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:29 am
Clockitdahouse wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 am
Dr Dray Liar Liar wrote:
Sprinkles1 wrote:

Houston, TX is one of the best cities (prestigious) for healthcare/healthcare professionals in the United States, so maybe that's why?

Another thought "why she moved" NYC has very high state taxes,Houston doesn't have income taxes.
DR DRAY YOUTUBE CHANNEL NEEDS TO DIE IN 2020, WE NEED CLEAN INSTEAD OF SELLOUT YOUTUBERS

givemeabeat1
Informer
Informer

Post by givemeabeat1 »

Was she making money in NYC or just going to school? If she was just going to school (a good one I'm sure) or doing a sort of practicum then it makes sense. If she moved there to work, it does not as she is a notorious cheapass, however I wonder if the money hoarding comes from years and years of student debt? Hmm.

4 fraud detection
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 4 fraud detection »

givemeabeat1 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am
Was she making money in NYC or just going to school? If she was just going to school (a good one I'm sure) or doing a sort of practicum then it makes sense. If she moved there to work, it does not as she is a notorious cheapass, however I wonder if the money hoarding comes from years and years of student debt? Hmm.
Apparently she was debt free as stated in the previous thread
DR DRAY YOUTUBE CHANNEL NEEDS TO DIE IN 2020, WE NEED CLEAN INSTEAD OF SELLOUT YOUTUBERS

givemeabeat1
Informer
Informer

Post by givemeabeat1 »

4 fraud detection wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 am
givemeabeat1 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 am
Apparently she was debt free as stated in the previous thread
Wow, I missed that. How does one make it through medical school without hundreds of thousands of student debt?

Return to “Dr. Dray”