Tom's Sister (part 9)

2TinyPanthers
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tom's Sister (part 8)

Post by 2TinyPanthers »

nineteenninety3 wrote: I wonder what legal action she thinks she can take against people finding a publicly listed website using information that she herself provided.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
And technically, we haven't posted the address publicly. The listing was shared around via DM, and people have really only been discussing the wallpaper and price. I do have sympathy for her, but I struggle to believe that anyone would actually show up at her house. Certainly, no one here has any interest in that. She needs to stop instagramming every detail of her life if she has this much of a complex about people finding easily accessible information (I believe she even mentioned she looked the house up on rightmove, so everyone knew it was on there). As much as I love insta, I've never posted the outside of my house or posted anything that gives away anything other than the city.

It was 100% public information that she gave away the details to herself. She has no legal leg to stand on here. All this is is more proof that she reads GG :D

stitchomania
Lurker
Lurker

Post by stitchomania »

I'm sorry to ask, but I'm SO NOSY at this point. any advise as to how I can find some photos of this house?

(never mind I found it)
Last edited by stitchomania on Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

2TinyPanthers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 2TinyPanthers »

bebefryyounge wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 am
Shouldn't she be having a word with her brother as well? His tweet was more an indicator of where she lived than anything else. And the thought that people will just turn up at her house, lots of people know where proper A-List celebrities live but they don't go there. I know where the celeb i love more than words can say lives because I was told by a friend of friend yet I would never turn up on their door.

Yes stalking is an issue for well known people but Carrie needs to realise the size of her audience means that a fan like that is not as likely as within some of the more rabid fandoms.
Actually though, Carrie isn't as big a deal as she thinks she is.

I grew up on the same street as a number of properly famous British actors (not naming names because that would give away the street I lived on. See Carrie? It's not hard). Everyone knows they live there, but no one cares. No fans, no stalkers. The few weeks I lived near a famous landmark were faaaar worse.

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

There’s a couple of really famous people round my way. Including a former Doctor Who (not saying which one because that would give out information). No one bothers them at home. If I said the town I lived in and when I moved into my house you’d be able to find that online.

Carrie would have a point if we were posting “Carrie lives at idk “123 Harry Potter Lane in Cardiff” but all people done was use that her brother posted she lives almost next door and that she has a room with wacky wallpaper.

If you want total privacy do not post identifiable features of your house online when there’s pictures of that same house. She can’t sue people for using information she provided to look on zoopla.

It’s like when people post a picture of their car and don’t crop out their registration. You can find MOT history, when they got it, who they’re insured with etc.
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

There's a huge issue with YouTubers and privacy. Most people wouldn't dare turn up at an A-lister's house, but YouTubers have created a whole following around being their audience's best friend. People feel personally close to their idols and so would have no qualms about showing up at their house. Just look at Zoe and Alfie.

Tbf, Tom massively slipped up by revealing Carrie as a neighbour, since his address is so easy to find (funnily enough, I doubt many people show up at his house) and she probably worsened it by 'favouriting' it, meaning even people who don't follow Tom might see it. Nevertheless, she really shouldn't have to deal with people coming to her address. That would be a horrible feeling, seeing faces through your window and when you walk out your door. She might end up having to do a full Zalfie and get a fence and CCTV.

Legally, maybe she can (try to) sue people for explicitly posting her address online. That or it's just a scare tactic. Either way, she has a right to demand no one reveal her specific address.

jessisnotcool
Debater
Debater

Post by jessisnotcool »

okay, sure. I get that nobody likes to feel like they're not safe in their own home, but once again, she's brought attention to an issue and made it bigger than it needs to be.

I'm sure MOST of her fans wouldn't have even thought to "stalk" her online, or known that that information was available. They certainly do now.

I love how she's highlighted and emphasised the fact that posting her ADDRESS FOR STALKING AND HARASSMENT reasons is illegal.

Guys, posting about how shit her wallpaper is is HARASSMENT and illegal now!!! We're all DOOOMED. Especially me, in my country, half way across the world, who doesn't know or care about her address, but could easily have found out because of the info SHE HERSELF posted.

DOOMED I TELLS YA.

Post by Guest »

helia wrote:There's a huge issue with YouTubers and privacy. Most people wouldn't dare turn up at an A-lister's house, but YouTubers have created a whole following around being their audience's best friend. People feel personally close to their idols and so would have no qualms about showing up at their house. Just look at Zoe and Alfie.

Tbf, Tom massively slipped up by revealing Carrie as a neighbour, since his address is so easy to find (funnily enough, I doubt many people show up at his house) and she probably worsened it by 'favouriting' it, meaning even people who don't follow Tom might see it. Nevertheless, she really shouldn't have to deal with people coming to her address. That would be a horrible feeling, seeing faces through your window and when you walk out your door. She might end up having to do a full Zalfie and get a fence and CCTV.

Legally, maybe she can (try to) sue people for explicitly posting her address online. That or it's just a scare tactic. Either way, she has a right to demand no one reveal her specific address.
But no one has explicitly posted her address. No one has posted even part of it. Look at the number of people saying they couldn't find it.

As for her claims that people are planning to harass and stalk her using it, where's her evidence? No one is interested in turning up at her door, no one has threatened to. People were curious because she made a big deal about this wonderful house that's her dream forever home, then said she wouldn't be showing it. She herself, along with people close to her, provided the information that people used to find it. I'm not saying it is all her fault, i just think it's a lesson learned for her, and she's going to cause herself more problems by drawing attention to the fact it's findable online because i guarantee now more people who don't even read here will be searching.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Yeah there is definitely no case for stalking here but even if there were - stalking is one of those things that is just a grey area in most legal systems that it doesn't get prosecuted. Just look at the Vice article of the woman who has had a stalker for decades, since she was 12, and gone to the police many times about it.

We already knew the Care Bear was full of shit when it comes to legal threats - remember her threatening to sue Alex for discussing their relationship in his book? I totally get why she'd be doing this out of fear, but she definitely knows she has no case. Facts are facts, dear Care Bear.

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

No one has actually posted her address though, not that I've seen anyway. I get that she's probably worried but she's drawing more attention to it herself now. People have known the address of her flat from when she fucked up and left it in a vlog years ago...how many people showed up there to "stalk" her though?
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

CatThatGotTheCream
Learner
Learner

Post by CatThatGotTheCream »

I think she’s missed the point. Literally no one looked so they could go round - we just wanted to be nosy 😂

Also I hate when people start threatening legal this and legal that. It’s not a crime to not like someone and gossip about a public figure. You really gonna start taking everyone through civil court? You’ve got a mortgage to pay now doll!

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

CatThatGotTheCream wrote:I think she’s missed the point. Literally no one looked so they could go round - we just wanted to be nosy Image

Also I hate when people start threatening legal this and legal that. It’s not a crime to not like someone and gossip about a public figure. You really gonna start taking everyone through civil court? You’ve got a mortgage to pay now doll!

To be perfectly honest I only wanted to find it to find out what the name of the house was, because I never knew that was a thing before she started talking about it again and again Image

Though turns out I’m a pretty crappy “stalker” because I didn’t find it.

I really feel like by making a big deal about it she’s only going to draw attention to the fact that you can find it online. I do feel bad that she’s probably paranoid now, but I hope it makes her more careful from now on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wanderlustre
Talker
Talker

Post by wanderlustre »

Nhian wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 am
I’m sorry but I have to side with Carrie on this one. No matter how much you dislike someone, there is no need to seek out their private information. Also, there’s a difference between keeping your relationship private and keeping your address/home private. I’m not sure if you can see post history on GG but if you look back in old threads you will see I’ve been critical of Carrie in the past but this is taking it too far. I don’t think anyone from this forum would visit Carrie’s house or do anything to harm her but you are making it easier for young fans/people who want to do harm to find. I thought we were better than this...
But we haven't really been discussing the address but the look of the house which is listed on a public website made identifiable by details she shared publicly. We haven't really given any more details than what she herself has given. People don't need to look here to figure out which one it is. They just need to have read and looked at the info she shared on her own channels which are meant to be read and looked at by the general public. If you're going to brag about buying a new house, people are going to be curious about what it looks like. She didn't have to share any of that info with strangers. She could have moved without anyone really being none the wiser. If she's angry about things like this, she needs to direct it towards herself and have a good think about what she is sharing online.

Post by Guest »

wanderlustre wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:21 am
Nhian wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 am
I’m sorry but I have to side with Carrie on this one. No matter how much you dislike someone, there is no need to seek out their private information. Also, there’s a difference between keeping your relationship private and keeping your address/home private. I’m not sure if you can see post history on GG but if you look back in old threads you will see I’ve been critical of Carrie in the past but this is taking it too far. I don’t think anyone from this forum would visit Carrie’s house or do anything to harm her but you are making it easier for young fans/people who want to do harm to find. I thought we were better than this...
But we haven't really been discussing the address but the look of the house which is listed on a public website made identifiable by details she shared publicly. We haven't really given any more details than what she herself has given. People don't need to look here to figure out which one it is. They just need to have read and looked at the info she shared on her own channels which are meant to be read and looked at by the general public. If you're going to brag about buying a new house, people are going to be curious about what it looks like. She didn't have to share any of that info with strangers. She could have moved without anyone really being none the wiser. If she's angry about things like this, she needs to direct it towards herself and have a good think about what she is sharing online.
100% agree. I get the feeling she doesn't have or doesn't share much on personal social media because she doesn't have close friends who care, only her random 12 year old fans. Other social media figures would save this kind of news & photos for private social media. I mean look at other Youtubers like Lex Croucher and Hannah Witton who have more privacy in relationships and housing by being mature and smart about what they share publicly.

The Care Bear can't have it both ways. You want to brag online to your 8 year olds? Then be extra careful about what you post, or just don't post at all.

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

We're all mature enough on here to know it would be a pretty shitty thing to post her entire address, and I wasn't suggesting anyone had. I'm just assuming that's what she's now scared of so she's got the legal threats out. I also agree she didn't help by claiming it was this AMAZING new home but she would show none of it. If she'd been able to keep her excitement among her family and friends and just quietly moved, none of this would have happened.

Has anyone outside this forum even managed to find it? I don't know how Zoopla savvy her 12-year-olds are.

twentysomethingg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by twentysomethingg »

Can someone dm me the house? I’m curious to see what this looks like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

An update.
30C776BD-2AEE-4931-8EE4-C7F8389F4D9C.jpeg
32B43B34-76A6-408E-9738-CE3C1B1277B9.jpeg
Defamation? Denegration? Lmfao ok Carrie good luck finding out who posts here and good luck suing them for not thinking the sun shines out your arse. Maybe you and BeckieJBrown can team up together to finally close GG down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

Yeah it’s illegal if you’re doing it with intent to stalk. No one here is stalking her...
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Otter452
Talker
Talker

Post by Otter452 »

Whilst I can appreciate that she is frightened possibly, more likely pissed off, there are no grounds for legal action. No one has the intent to visit or stalk her. They are nosey and this nosiness has been peaked but subtle hinting on stories and Instagram.
Her wider audience would know that none of this was happening until she posted it on social media this morning.
I don’t believe you can sue someone for defamation for an opinion on a public website. But I will stand corrected if my summons appears.
Equally, Oliver can expect a summons for calling GG members the C-word on a public website.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I understand why she's upset. I felt conflicted about it when the posts showed up. But like most everyone else here, I don't have the ability or more importantly the desire to actually go see her place in real life... In the end, like we've said, the reason people found the house is because she, her boyfriend and her brother posted details which made it possible. Let it be a lesson learned.

Someone mentioned already but maybe mods could come in and clean up the board by removing any posts that may be inappropriate. I don't know how to make that happen.

CatThatGotTheCream
Learner
Learner

Post by CatThatGotTheCream »

TheLondoner wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:41 am
She really shot herself in the foot by posting those Instagram stories because now people will be even more curious regarding her house. I didn't really care and hadn't been on this forum for a while, but when I saw her stories this morning I knew you guys must have found it Image So now I'm looking too! If anyone would send me a link that would be highly appreciated. We'll fight the "legal action" together ;)

She's so full of shit, this is all public information, she should have been more careful.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
helia wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 am

If she was genuinely scared for her safety why would she advertise to her thousands of insta followers that you can find it online? That just tells all the weirdos who follow her on SM that it’s doable. We’re a few weirdos who were a bit nosy.
If people were talking about going to look at it or it seemed there was even a sniff of any dodgy behaviour I’d be 100% behind her as that is awful. A few people looking on Zoopla to talk about wallpaper isn’t harassment or stalking. And that’s an insult to people who actually are stalked.
A girl I used to go to school with posted her new house on Fb recently. I had a nosy on Right Move, thought her house was lovely and moved on with my life. Yes I am nosy but I’m not inclined to go round for a cuppa because I know her address.
I get why she’s annoyed. I do. But harassment and stalking? That’s a big fat eye roll from me.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”